Besito - Roslyn
1516-18 Old Northern Boulevard
Roslyn, NY 11576Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $31 to $50
Besito - Roslyn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.besitomexican.com/
- Phone: 5164843001
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Spanish, Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can arrange catering, including: guacamole, passed hors d'oeuvres, taco stations, and more. Besito will always tailor a menu to your specific needs.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a semi-private area available. Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Jose Reyes, Hector Arieta & Carlos Pascual 5164843001
- Special Events: Host your special event at Besito, contact Jose Reyes for more information.
- Cross Street: Old Northern Blvd
- Public Transit: LIRR to Mineola and then N23 towards Manor Haven LIRR to Hempstead and then N27 towards Glen Cove LIRR to Great Neck and then N20 or N21 east to Main St., Roslyn LIRR to Port Washington and then N23 towards Mineola LIRR to Roslyn and then N23 towards Manor Haven
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public parking is available in the Harborview Shops parking lot.
A word from Besito - Roslyn
Besito (Little Kiss, in English) serves authentic Mexican food and is home to tableside guacamole and the Besito Patron Margarita. Besito serves lunch and dinner every day of the week. Food specialties include classic tortilla soup, tamales with shrimp and chipotle adobo, ceviches made daily, boneless short ribs of beef and enchiladas suizas. We serve over 60 world class tequilas in our Agave Lounge in an atmosphere of old, rustic Mexico and sophistication bringing back memories of your last Mexican vacation!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican / Southwestern
Besito - Roslyn - Best Restaurants in Roslyn ›
Besito - Roslyn reviews from OpenTable diners
206 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (105)good for groups (100)fit for foodies (82)neighborhood gem (75)romantic (70)vibrant bar scene (61)hot spot (58)great for lunch (49)great for outdoor dining (40)kid-friendly (33)great for brunch (30)late-night find (25)scenic view (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014Amazing food and great service. The white sangria is perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MexicanBrutus70VIPDined on 8/22/2014This was our third visit to Besito in Roslyn. Each time we have dined at the restaurant, we have enjoyed our dinner. The guacamole is devious and it's table side preparation allows the waiter to customize the "heat"! The drinks are pricey but quite good. This trip we came with friends and ordered a pitcher of white sangria which we all enjoyed but found that it was way over priced for what its contents were. It was tasty though! We definitely will return again but next time we will stick to the regular drink selection which have been great and much more typical bar prices. We highly recommend Besito where you will find really upscale and creative Mexican food.Special Features:
- Dining for dinnerCindyDined on 8/21/2014Great, attentive service. Great atmosphere--- appropriate for all types of groups (family night, girls night out, date night, etc). Food was pretty good. Table side guacamole was excellent! Sangria wasn't so great. Wonderful experience overall! Will definitely go back & recommend for others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ur average Mexican dinnerContaxsportsVIPDined on 8/21/2014Table side guacamole and non convention margaritas were the highlights. This place mixes and prepares the guacamole right at your table and served with warmed chips. The margaritas were served on the rocks without the salt both items were very good. The salmon dish I had was grilled to perfection overall I don't usually choose Mexican but I would definitely revisit this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBVDBBVDVIPDined on 8/20/2014This was super dining experience everything was top notch from cocktails to desert. The server was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HenryDined on 8/16/2014Henry, our server is professional and personable. Knows customer service and always smiles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedHungrygirl44Dined on 8/16/2014I have heard great things about Besito but our experience was ok. Not great. The portions were small and the food was ok. Did not like our server. She didn't do much. I liked the ambience though.
- Great MexicanpmnyVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great Mexican food served in a very nice setting. Food is really good and the service is tops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointingfoodieDined on 8/15/2014Besito has never disappointed. Their cocktails are the best.Special Features:
- mikesDined on 8/10/2014great table side guacamole, great enchilada - great bar drinks. We Enjoyed Besito in rosyln better than rosa mexicano in nycSpecial Features:
- Very romanticMysticrose714Dined on 8/8/2014Food is excellent! Terrific service and knowledgeable waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good friendsMJLoDined on 8/8/2014We met friends for an early dinner, Friday evening. Our waitress, Natalie, could not have been more accommodating and pleasant. Our drinks were sublime, the guacamole divine, our entrees were hot, fresh and delicious, our dessert of dulce de leche ice cream was cool and sweet. Besito in Roslyn is one of our favorite restaurants. We live on the south shore, however, we don't mind the 30 minute drive for a scrumptious meal.Special Features:
- METagsDined on 8/6/2014Second time to dine at this restaurant with one week. Wish I could points for,the experience.Special Features:
- SUZQDined on 8/5/2014always dependable! Delicious food and great drinksSpecial Features:
- 1st Wedding Anniversary DinnermagzieDined on 8/3/2014Made reservations online and asked for as private a spot as possible. We were seated in a back corner booth behind the bar which was great. The food was good as usual except my enchilada wasn't my favorite. There was sausage in there that wasn't supposed to be and I just couldn't eat it all but since I love this place I just assumed it was a mix up and let it go. They brought us champagne to toast our anniversary which was so sweet. Our waitress was kind and checked in on us but not too much which was what we wanted. Thanks for a great experience Besito.Special Features:
- ehh..galswhodrankDined on 8/2/2014it was alright, drinks were fantastic…but food not so muchSpecial Features:
- too loudlatinDined on 8/2/2014Good for groups but not family with kids nor a date. Too loud and tight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrossDined on 8/2/2014We ordered a drink, the waiter brought the wrong one. We told him that it was the wrong drink, he took the drink back, placed it on the bar and then another server took the drink that we had sipped and served it to another table
- Great foodDoctorrichDined on 8/1/2014Great for special occasions Love the margaritasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but expensivecoreyman97VIPDined on 7/30/2014The food is consistently good but overpriced for what you get. $15 for an appetizer (1 small) crabcake??
- Consistently delicious1LIDINERDined on 7/29/2014Very noisy and difficult to understand the waiters explain the dishes Once the waiter speaks slowly and articulates, despite the noise level, the food is always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!,Rr726Dined on 7/26/2014We went to Besito's in Roslyn for our anniversary and it was great. The food was excellent the service was great. They even gave us champagne and took a picture of the two of us. It was a great meal and a great time and the white Sangria was wonderful.Special Features:
- will not go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Waiter service was horrible. He completely ignored us. We had to flag him down for drink orders. Our drinks arrived after we finished eating our dinner. We were there on Wednesday night and they were not busy. There was no excuse for the neglect. The manager came ovee and apologized and comped our meal but we will never go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/21/2014great food - good service - bartenders with personalty without being intrusiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/20/2014I have really enjoyed the last two times I have dined at Besito. the food was perfectly cooked and the service was wonderful. It is obvious that the waiters and waitresses have been trained to make your dining experience at the restaurant most enjoyable. I will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- besitoallyummyDined on 7/19/2014The food and drinks ate always delicious. With the warmer weather the fronts open which keeps the nose down because it can sometimes be a bit noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MexicanpmnyVIPDined on 7/19/2014Great restaurant in Roslyn. Not your run of the mill Mexican restaurant. The Besito Margarita is a must have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrisDined on 7/19/2014Never disappointng! Great food! Impeccable flavor and presentation. Courteous and personable serviceSpecial Features:
- food good, service notsuebieVIPDined on 7/18/2014Food is better than most typical Mexican restaurants. Don't fall for the mystique of the $12 guacamole. Guacamole is not difficult to make...diy and save some $$$.I would recommend this to a friend.
- jerseyboyjerseyboyDined on 7/15/2014Great service and very good food. The courses contain well thought out flavoring and seasoning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't meet expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2014We love this restaurant but the food didn't measure up to past dining experiences. Besides the guacamole which is the best in the world the food was average at best. I ordered the mahi mahi which was dry and bit over cooked. I didn't send it back because we were out with our kids and it was running late. We've dined here before and have loved the food so perhaps this was just a bad night. This was a birthday dinner and we were disappointed with the entrees, but hope that it was a fluke. The service and staff were incredibly nice, accommodating and professional.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always OutstandingDgioeDined on 7/11/2014As always Besito delivers culinary excellence and an amazing selection of mixed drinks all with a mexican flair. Besito does for Mexican cuisine what Le Cirque does for french, turns the ordinary into the extraordinary. The atmosphere is romantic but also suitable for a group. I love this place!!Special Features:
- Maxchloe24VIPDined on 7/5/2014Dinner was excellent! Always happy to visit Besito!!!!!!!
- Always good upscale Mexican!hcmomDined on 7/5/2014Besito is our go to for upscale Mexican food for a special occassion or holiday, in this case July 4th! The service is outstanding and the food is always good, and they have a wonderful Tequila flight and margaritas to make it a fun evening.Special Features:
- AmazingHockeykls13Dined on 7/2/2014This is the second time visiting Besito for my birthday and I have yet to be disappointed the food the staff the ambiance is all amazing and perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Needs WorkOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/1/2014Although the food was very good, the service needs improvement. I had to literally hail a waiter to order a drink, then waited almost 10 minutes for it to be served. Later in the meal, we had to waive-down the manager to order our second round.
- pennyDined on 6/24/2014Service was excellent, the pomegranate margaritas superb. Had great short ribs, tender and spiced perfectly, spicy but not overwhelming. Others had seafood which they enjoyed. Quezo Fundido for appetizer was one of the best I've had. Churros were complimentary but greasy, otherwise desserts were yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely Worth a TryfandoxVIPDined on 6/16/2014Definitely one of the better Mexican restaurants around. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and very inviting!Luv2eatDined on 6/15/2014Everyone from the host to the waiters are very warm and really accommodating. The food is delicious, I have tried almost every single one of their dishes... That's how often I come. :) this place has yet to disappoint. I only wish there was more outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodMandDVIPDined on 6/14/2014We always enjoy Besito. The food is excellent and the staff. The servers and entire staff are friendly, knowledgeable and aim to please. The food is fresh and well prepared. Dining there is always an extremely enjoyable experience - Besito never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.