Besito - Huntington
402 New York Avenue
Huntington, NY 11743Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $31 to $50
Besito - Huntington
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.besitomexican.com/
- Phone: 6315490100
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Spanish, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Chef Scott Wojcik
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Guacamole, passed hors d'oeuvre, choice of 3 entrees. Besito will tailor a menu to your speicific needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private, please contact the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Manager Jose Reyes or Jose Avila 6315490100
- Special Events: Please contact Jose Reyes for more details on hosting your special event at Besito!
A word from Besito - Huntington
Besito (which means Little Kiss, in English) serves authentic Mexican food and serves their famous tableside guacamole and Besito Patron Margarita. Besito serves Lunch and Dinner every day of the week. Food specialties include classic tortilla soup, tamales with shrimp and chipotle adobo, ceviches made daily, authentic tacos and enchiladas suizas. We serve over 75 world class tequilas in an atmosphere with rustic Mexican sophistication that will bring back memories of your last Mexican vacation!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican / Southwestern
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Besito - Huntington - Best Restaurants in Huntington ›
Besito - Huntington reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (110)hot spot (110)fit for foodies (92)vibrant bar scene (89)good for groups (82)special occasion (79)romantic (74)great for outdoor dining (63)great for lunch (38)late-night find (36)kid-friendly (17)great for brunch (16)notable wine list (11)scenic view (9)Show More
- Authentic MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014I consider myself a foodie and a tequila aficionado. And I will say Besito exceeds expectations on all levels for their food and tequila selection. They have a wide variety of blancos, reposados, and añejo's. Highly recommended if you want a romantic dinner or want to grab a few late night drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious margaritasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014We ordered margaritas and guac. "Medium" guac was actually very hot, but the waitress was more than happy to add more avacado and other ingredients to make it more mild. She also offered to make us a whole new one if we wanted. Margaritas were delicious, as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Great place for Mexican food. Def recommend the guacamole its amazing!Special Features:
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014My favorite reataurant in Huntington. Never fails to impress. Our waiter, Chris, was amazing. Very informative and friendly. We had a nice table in the upstairs dining area, which was beautifully decorated with candles everywhere. Will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!mjjnDined on 9/21/2014We picked this for my wifes birthday dinner. We were tired of Italian, Chinese etc. I had been to the bar a couple of times but had never eaten here. We made a great choice. The food starting with the guacamole (you must get) was excellent. We had four people and everyone was happy with this place.Special Features:
- NoiseBigbadmamadDined on 9/20/2014Very Loud atmosphere ... A little hard to talk! Food was very good & the guacamole was outstanding! Great Margaritas too!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I truly enjoyed dining at Besito's in Huntington. The food was amazing. The service was outstanding. I had one of the best margarita's I have had in a long time. I plan to go there again and will highly recommend it to my family and friends.Special Features:
- Great - As Always!LizVEsqVIPDined on 9/19/2014The fresh guacamole was delicious as always. We tried a new shrimp dish, as well as a new salmon dish - which were both delicious. Besito is a trendy spot to go to when you would like a quiet lunch or a fun Saturday night out. Of course, they have the best frozen pom-margs on the Island!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TacoloverDined on 9/19/2014Everything was great until we were told we needed to leave because of a 2 hr max they have on seating. Understandable, but I had called the day I made the reservation and mentioned I would have someone meeting me an hr later to join for drinks and they said it would be no problem. Then when I mentioned to the waiter, he said they could not bring an extra chair over and we were reaching our time limit. Just thought it was tacky and we still had a good half before we reached the "3 hr max". We would have left before then so there was no need to tell us we had to hurry and leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/10/2014Excellent Food, Great Service, would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diverse & FlavorfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014The menu ran from safe to adventurous. The ingredients were fresh and thoughtfully combined. Meats were seasoned well and were tender, juicy and delicious! I enjoyed the mahi mahi ceviche but would have preferred larger pieces of fish. The Carnitas Enchiladas were flavorful but not overdone (and I truly enjoyed the hint of bacon sprinkled on top!) The jicama salad with fresh lime and chili is a must. The atmosphere was nice, a little dark but i prefer the seclusion of the dimly lit booths if you are with someone special. I will certainly go back! There were so many more dishes to try!Special Features:
- Great spot to meet friends.matty32VIPDined on 9/9/2014Went on a Tuesday at 6:45. It was packed. Good vibe at the bar. We chose to eat inside rather than outside. The service was outstanding. Margaritas and guacamole very good. Our entrees were very tasty and ample. I had the mahi mahi veracruzana which was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014We were greeted promptly for our late afternoon dinner reservation. The tortilla soup and tamale were excellent starters. The second course included the Carnitas and Pechuga de Pollo entrees - both are flavorful, tender and portioned appropriately. Add on the sweet plantains to share. The service was professional and friendly. We highly recommend and will be back!Special Features:
- Great Server Makes For Great DiningHostessWithTheMostessDined on 9/7/2014I dined here with two others and we asked quite a few questions. There was no question our server, Andrew, could not answer. Every response he gave was knowledgeable and he seemed genuinely interested in educating us on Mexican cuisine. I am a very picky eater and don't like spicy food so I can't comment much on the menu but Andrew's suggestions on how to make my Pastor tacos less spicy and more enjoyable were very helpful and much appreciated. As someone who has worked in restaurants for a while, I see that when servers get busy questions can irritate them. It was nice to have a server who remained calm through lots of questions and seemed happy to share his knowledge about the cuisine. (And we loved the fresh, table-side made guacamole!)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not thst greatMonicaDined on 9/6/2014I have been to Besito's in Roslyn as well and i think the food was much better at that location. I ordered the enchilada special on Saturday night and it was pretty bland. That was the only drawback which is significant when your bill is quite steep. So that is why the food rating is so low. The three other people with me were not impressed either. Good guacamole, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joan123Dined on 9/5/2014The food was very good and the waiter was helpful and nice. We had the table side made guacamole, which was delicious and three shrimp dishes, all great. My only complaint was that it was noisey and the tables are a little too close together. Other than that, I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Came here for first time for my girlfriends birthday and it was amazing. The food, decor, service and overall experience was awesome and would definitely be visiting besito again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodfiyahdVIPDined on 9/1/2014Everything was outstanding. Been here a few times, never a problem.Special Features:
- Entire Meal PerfectoJadeDined on 8/30/2014Everything ordered was wonderful and the service was perfection. The sangria was enjoyable also. We ordered the Tres Leche Cake for dessert and it was the perfect ending to a wonderful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Besito Very Good MexicanislandbeanDined on 8/29/2014A couple of blocks from the Paramount, I like to hit Besito when I have tickets to a show. With its casual atmosphere and fun décor I enjoy having something special at this restaurant. While I love their tableside guacamole, my husband doesn't eat it so I hunted for an appetizer to please both our palates. I settled on a quesadilla with cheese and vegetables. It was so delicious, he ate it and enjoyed- even though it contained mushrooms (that he would never touch otherwise). The veracruzana style fish was good, as was the short rib entrée. The dessert of flan was good, but the churros they brought us at the end would have been enough.Special Features:
- Love itExcellentVIPDined on 8/29/2014Keep coming back - especially for the signature Margaritas.Special Features:
- many flies at our table...:(DaveRVIPDined on 8/29/2014I felt like i was in asia with the large number of flies around the table. Food was good (espeically shrimp tacos which for some reason are only available at lunchtime).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as always!BrighteyedDined on 8/26/2014Besito never disappoints.. the ambiance is both romantic and great for groups. It's always my favorite place to go and the food is perfect everytime!Special Features:
- Great place to meet with friends!love4yogaDined on 8/24/2014I have gone to Besitos many times. It is one of my favorite go to places. Great, attentive service and delicious menu! Parking can be challenging but worth it!Special Features:
- AwesomeKcoyle09Dined on 8/23/2014Great food and service love the atmosphere. Cant wait to go back.Special Features:
- Yum!LorieDined on 8/22/2014Always get a great meal at Besito. Guacamole is a must! Margaritas are delcious especially their house special. You can leave without a worry with your worry doll, which each guest received at the end of your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kimkimmypDined on 8/20/2014I love Besito. I really feel like Im in cabo on vacation!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veronica75Dined on 8/16/2014Food was Excellent! Sangria was delicious! Excellent service! Waiter and Managers were Friendly and nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!MsnikDined on 8/15/2014Went for my birthday and had a wonderful time. Consistently great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebbieVIPDined on 8/14/2014Everything was good. From the drinks - guacamole - to the steak. Waitress was attentive and pleasant. The only problem was I requested a table outside & when I got there they said the do not honor those requests on open table. It was a beautiful night and we specifically wanted to eat outside. I was told the wait would be over an hour - even though we had a reservation & there was an avaiable table outside. That was disappointing. However, that being said, Besito is still a very good Mexican restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing time with GirlfriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014FOod and service were remarkable...drinks were amazing as well. Great friendly staff and bar tender. Overall a great experience everytime.Special Features:
- Theplace to go,only ok-OVERRATEDlouCDined on 8/9/2014Was better the first time we went...smallest glass of wine EVER. And NOT a Mexican restaurant...a hybrid actually... partly Mexican/partly Spanish...Was ok...over priced and I don't know what all the is excitement is about...every time I have to fight for a spot, it is NEVER packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerRussDined on 8/6/2014My wife likes to go to Besito each year for her birthday. She loves the fresh guacamole made at the table and the food is always excellent. Very nice place in the summer to sit by the open doors near the street or in the back of the restaurant if you want more of the A/C. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Besito-Huntington to anyone who wants a great restaurant at a reasonable price.
- Upscale Mexican perfectly doneVicAndJimVIPDined on 8/2/2014Been many times and never disappoints. Easily one of my favorite restaurants and the best mexican place on Long IslandSpecial Features:
- Another Great Besito Review!!MikeyTDined on 8/1/2014I'm going to keep writing reviews everytime we go here because everybody who is thinking about going needs to go!!!! Besito is by far our favorite restaurant! Every time we go the food is spot on the drinks are amazing and the service is phenomenal! I can't get enough of Besito!Special Features:
- Service vs foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Great service but the first empanadas selection was just ok. Every thing else including the service was fantastic. Our waiter really knew the menu very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Chose to dine here to celebrate my wife's birthday. Excellent food AND service from Alyssa. Very good margaritas. We enjoyed the tableside guacamole (fantastic), for dinner we ordered the Budin de Mariscos, Carnitas, and a Tamale de Elote. The food was well-prepared, hot, and fresh. We plan on returning soon!Special Features:
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014This is a nice place with different menu items. I highly recommend the guacamole. It is amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really not specialOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/26/2014We didnt get what the fuss is about.... Mediocre from head to toeSpecial Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014All aspects of the service were excellent, from the Manager to the help staff. The food was unbelievable as was the signature margarita!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.