Besito - Huntington
402 New York Avenue
Huntington, NY 11743Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $31 to $50
Besito - Huntington
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.besitomexican.com/
- Phone: (631) 549-0100
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Spanish, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Chef Scott Wojcik
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Guacamole, passed hors d'oeuvre, choice of 3 entrees. Besito will tailor a menu to your speicific needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private, please contact the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Manager Jose Reyes or Jose Avila 6315490100
- Special Events: Please contact Jose Reyes for more details on hosting your special event at Besito!
A word from Besito - Huntington
Besito (which means Little Kiss, in English) serves authentic Mexican food and serves their famous tableside guacamole and Besito Patron Margarita. Besito serves Lunch and Dinner every day of the week. Food specialties include classic tortilla soup, tamales with shrimp and chipotle adobo, ceviches made daily, authentic tacos and enchiladas suizas. We serve over 75 world class tequilas in an atmosphere with rustic Mexican sophistication that will bring back memories of your last Mexican vacation!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Besito - Huntington - Best Restaurants in Huntington ›
Besito - Huntington reviews from OpenTable diners
202 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (114)fit for foodies (106)neighborhood gem (101)good for groups (93)vibrant bar scene (74)special occasion (74)romantic (62)great for outdoor dining (41)great for lunch (29)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (14)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- Bday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2014We went for my daughters 21 st bday. Food was good drinks were good. Waiter was extremely inattentive. We weren't greeted by a waiter until about 20 minutes of sitting with nothing and only attended to at that point because we asked another waiter who was passing by. We tried to enjoy as it was a celebration but the waiter situation just really put a damper on the celebration.
- Fair Mexican Fare, would do better elsewherenycenthusiastDined on 11/22/2014went there on a busy sat night to celebrate my daughter's 21st birthday. the waiter found out it was her birthday because he commented on it when she showed him her ID. When he brought her Sangria, he spilled it all over her pants. We all laughed it off and we were fine. But I thought that he would have done something, maybe a small dessert for her on the house given those two facts above. He was trying but he was overwhelmed and forgetful and forgot people's drinks. the tableside guacamole was very good. the restaurant has some good protocols in place, they had you try the MOLE before you ordered it, which I liked a lot but some people might not and they pointed out chili peppers with a flashlight to avoid if you don't like spicy. the other entrees were rather bland and uninspired. the desserts: pumpkin flan was OK, the chocolate cake was boring. Overall, the food was just fair and I probably would not go back since the parking is terrible and you have to keep circling to find a spot.Special Features:
- Roslyn location 10x better! Bad experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2014First off, had an 8:30 reservation on a Saturday night...now I do expect a few minutes of waiting since it was a Saturday night, but we didn't sit until 9:10. The walk-ins were being told 45-60 minutes, so what was the point of a reservation? Next, one of the managers had the nerve to tell my wife that the reason we weren't sitting yet was because we were late. Really? I parked behind Besito at 8:20, we were clearly on time. Don't pull excuses out of you know where... We finally sit, order drinks, apps, and guacamole. We tell them mild on the guac, it was very spicy. Though I love spicy food, not everyone at my table did. Definitely a few too many jalapeños. The corn tortillas kept coming out barely warm, once 5 minutes passed, they were cold. The tortilla soup was cold. My enchiladas en mole were warm and the chicken was NOT shredded as described in the menu. Being Mexican, having chicken pieces in enchiladas is blasphemy. The waiter disappeared for 15 minutes at a time. We only saw him 4 times in an hour and a half that we were there. The only good thing was the tres leches cake and hot chocolate. Never had such a bad experience at Besito before. The one in Roslyn is definitely worth the drive. Won't be going to Huntington location ever again.4
- A Bit of a LetdownJumpinJimmyKDined on 11/15/2014I had heard so many nice things about Besito and was happily looking forward to my Saturday 5:45pm reservation. We arrived a bit early and the hostess was able to get a table for my friend and I immediately. Our waitress was very personable and knew the dishes and what they were comprised of. We both ordered a special pork with mushroom enchilada. along with 2 mojito's. The drinks were excellent and the salsa and chip too were very good. I had a few of them and a sip of my drink when out comes our food. I thought they were serving the wrong table but no it was our meal. My first bite and it is barely tepid as were the black beans and rice side dishes. Although it tasted fine I am not one who likes to be rushed especially at those prices. I am going to be fair and try them again more because I liked the ambiance and the staff were freindly and professional. I think they should be more concerned with the customer experience and not how many times they can turn over a table.
- PennypennyDined on 11/15/2014as always, Besito was just amazing. We have brought family and friends and no one has been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/14/2014Besito in Huntington is my "go to" place when I want a friend to experience the best Mexican food. The service is always friendly and efficient. The ambiance is lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ManyDined on 11/13/2014I took my friends for the first time, they loved the food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place ❤️BaldwinDined on 11/9/2014I have been here several times and always have had a great experience. Our waiter Andrew is exceptionally awesome. Very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatStreetzVIPDined on 11/9/2014The food is awesome at besito. Authentic Mexican flavors that are always prepared fresh. Shrimp tacos are delicious. The service was outstanding. My glass of water was never empty. Never had a bad meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Delicious food and fantastic service. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualnotcooking2niteDined on 11/5/2014We have eaten in Besito during the year as well as during restaurant week. This is one of our favorite places in Huntington. Restaurant week is especially nice since they serve the entire menu (with a couple of exceptions). Service and food- both quality and quantity- were excellent. This is not an inexpensive restaurant, but it's well worth the price any time of the year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobboVIPDined on 11/5/2014Like no other Mexican restaurant. That is a positive comment.Special Features:
- Gourmet MexicanokemoDined on 11/3/2014If you are looking for something different and exciting in food go here. The combinations are creative and delicious. Don't worry about spicy though the ingredients may seem so the food is not.Special Features:
- Fresh?DisneydorkDined on 11/3/2014I met friends for dinner- it was restaurant week and we decided to treat ourselves. I had been to Besito once before and I remembered not being in a rush to go back but couldn't remember why. When I placed my order, I ordered my entree without mushrooms. Unfortunately they couldn't do this because the item had already been made that morning. Even the quesadilla came already prepared with mushrooms. I found this interesting because on the inside of the menu it said please inform your server about food allergies. Why? They can't do anything about it. Obviously their food is not that fresh if it is prepared so far in advance. I'm certainly paying enough. I should be able to get what I want. Next time: chipotle. Everything else was good though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good, got betterperlfotoDined on 11/2/2014It had been a while since we'd been to Besito's. While we always enjoyed it, the food and service this particular evening were even better than ever. It's really distinctive and very delicious Mexican food well served in an attractive and comfortable ambience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing servicelovelybutterflyDined on 10/28/2014It was my first time to besito and I loved it the service is great the food is delicious and the drinks are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great eating spotH20fanDined on 10/26/2014excellent food. excellent service. a delicious experience.Special Features:
- BesitoRicoDined on 10/26/2014First time dining here, it was recommended to me by my sister. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary. I thought the food was good and the service was even better. My wife had the Salmon, which she loved and I had a beef/chicken enchilada. I thought the black beans could have been in a thicker sauce. They give you enough food so we did not have any dessert. Overall, I would definitely go back and would recommend Besito's to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big KissSTEWARTDined on 10/25/2014each visit brings new respect. perfectly executed on bizzzy Saturday night: rez on time, amiable service, food (3 courses) ideal. go there, you'll like it!Special Features:
- Burnt Chickenfoodie31Dined on 10/25/2014The only good things were the guacamole, mojito and fire roasted corn. I ordered chicken tacos that comes out on the skillet. The chicken was sliced up and burnt. I couldn't even eat it. The white rice had no flavor. Atmosphere - a little loud for a date but okay for group dinner.Special Features:
- Same as always...TheGMDined on 10/25/2014Wasn't my first trip to Besito, so I knew what to expect. Food was as good as usual, which keeps me coming back to this restaurant. Our waitress was very friendly and actually made it seem like she wanted to be there helping people. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!ChrissyDined on 10/24/2014I had a great time here! Food was awesome and the ambiance was nice. It can get loud but it's not that bad. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeUM2017momDined on 10/24/2014Good food, nice atmosphere and fun...definitely recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy, restaurant weekDWBBDined on 10/19/2014We had never been there before. The staff is excellent, knowledgeable. Restaurant was packed when we arrived early for our reservation but they sat us anyway, which we liked. Menu had lots of choices and the waiter was very helpful. Food tasty.Special Features:
- On Sat eve do NOT sit by the barCathyDined on 10/18/2014The bar is very popular and in fact toward the end of our meal, the crowd was several deep and people were practically standing over us as we ate which was very uncomfortable. Our waitress was great - really knew her stuff but the other waitstaff made us feel rushed, as they anxiously perched over our half-full dishes. I still like Besito very much - have eaten there several times and the food is excellent - but in the future will ask for a table in another part of the dining room - NOT in the bar vicinity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Great Mexican Done RightavarrichDined on 10/18/2014I can't explain just how fresh and delicious the food is here. It's a real gem located right on Main Street in Huntington. Reservations strongly recommended, as this place has blown up over the past few months. Service is prompt and friendly - margaritas are great (try the Besito).Special Features:
- resteraunt week choiceIlovefood79Dined on 10/17/2014Service was inpecable. Food was great. Very loud though. Very very loud other then that everything was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off nightFazio55VIPDined on 10/15/2014Usually the best fish tacos, but they were dry and tasteless tonight. I'll give it another try for its usually pretty good. Guacamole was also disappointing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spot OnFoodieDined on 10/14/2014Everything done right, great food, friendly service, interesting menu!Special Features:
- The food was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/12/2014I have been here before but it just got better. The food was outstanding and each dish we had at the table was a winner. There was not one poor showing. Great food, great atmosphere made for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bullseye Every Time!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2014They aim to please and hit a bullseye every time at Besito! Not only is the food and drink amazing here, but so is their desire to provide excellent service. Every meal at Besito feels like a special occasion!Special Features:
- Good Service and Great FoodRightfootDined on 10/11/2014Went to Besito for dinner and had a totally enjoyable time. From the table side guacamole to dessert everything was well prepared and tasty. After the guacamole we had the Enchiladas Carnitas and the Ensalada de Salmon. Both were large well made portions. After this we had two of their desserts, the Tre leches cake and their Mexican Style Chocolate Pudding. Again both were excellent. The place is a bit noisy and dark, but that added to the fun. Besito will definitely be on our "go back to" list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- littledebDined on 10/11/2014The service was excellent. The food was excellent. You need to have just a little more light. The little flashlights are cute, but for me, a big part of a dining experience is the presentation of the food. Visual is a very important part of enjoying good food. I could not see mine. It was delicious, but all of the senses should be experienced.Special Features:
- great spot!!lovetoeatDined on 10/10/2014Service was great and fast food was so good! Definetely a place i will continue to come back too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GuacamoleJulesDined on 10/9/2014They have the best in the world and I was so excited to come for my hubby's birthday but the guacamole tasted like nothing it had to have been made wrong ingredients left out.. Very disappointing but other then that food was amazing as usualSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014The décor is inviting yet trendy and our server was fantastic. I believe he was the same server I had the last time I visited Besito- very knowledgeable and professional. The Partida Margarita was out of this world! However, the food was nothing great :-/. I came once before thinking maybe the dish I ordered was very bland so I tried something new- still not great. The friends I was with described their dishes as "interesting." Nevertheless, I would still recommend this place given the great drinks, service and ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loves food from SyosetLuv2eatfromSyossetDined on 10/6/2014Service was wonderful and very attentative and the recommendations were spot on. Very good selection and the Guacamole made at the table was terrific and a nice touch. We enjoyed the dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Guac was great!GoldiefoxDined on 10/4/2014We had a good time good food and service. It was a little loud and I think Rosyln is a little nicer in its decor.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Town GemlibraryloverDined on 10/3/2014Wonderful spot. If you want it quiet this is not the place for you. High energy, terrific service and the food is outstanding.Special Features:
- Been there many timesJSherriDined on 10/3/2014A great restaurant. One of our top ten. We have been there many times. Always excellent.Special Features: