Besito - Huntington
402 New York Avenue
Huntington, NY 11743Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $31 to $50
Besito - Huntington
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.besitomexican.com/
- Phone: 6315490100
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Spanish, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Chef Scott Wojcik
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Guacamole, passed hors d'oeuvre, choice of 3 entrees. Besito will tailor a menu to your speicific needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private, please contact the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Manager Jose Reyes or Jose Avila 6315490100
- Special Events: Please contact Jose Reyes for more details on hosting your special event at Besito!
A word from Besito - Huntington
Besito (which means Little Kiss, in English) serves authentic Mexican food and serves their famous tableside guacamole and Besito Patron Margarita. Besito serves Lunch and Dinner every day of the week. Food specialties include classic tortilla soup, tamales with shrimp and chipotle adobo, ceviches made daily, authentic tacos and enchiladas suizas. We serve over 75 world class tequilas in an atmosphere with rustic Mexican sophistication that will bring back memories of your last Mexican vacation!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican / Southwestern
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Besito - Huntington - Best Restaurants in Huntington ›
Besito - Huntington reviews from OpenTable diners
223 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (118)hot spot (111)fit for foodies (102)vibrant bar scene (100)special occasion (95)romantic (88)good for groups (83)great for outdoor dining (74)great for lunch (63)late-night find (48)kid-friendly (28)great for brunch (24)notable wine list (20)scenic view (16)Show More
- Great place to meet with friends!love4yogaDined on 8/24/2014I have gone to Besitos many times. It is one of my favorite go to places. Great, attentive service and delicious menu! Parking can be challenging but worth it!Special Features:
- AwesomeKcoyle09Dined on 8/23/2014Great food and service love the atmosphere. Cant wait to go back.Special Features:
- Yum!LorieDined on 8/22/2014Always get a great meal at Besito. Guacamole is a must! Margaritas are delcious especially their house special. You can leave without a worry with your worry doll, which each guest received at the end of your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kimkimmypDined on 8/20/2014I love Besito. I really feel like Im in cabo on vacation!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veronica75Dined on 8/16/2014Food was Excellent! Sangria was delicious! Excellent service! Waiter and Managers were Friendly and nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!MsnikDined on 8/15/2014Went for my birthday and had a wonderful time. Consistently great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebbieVIPDined on 8/14/2014Everything was good. From the drinks - guacamole - to the steak. Waitress was attentive and pleasant. The only problem was I requested a table outside & when I got there they said the do not honor those requests on open table. It was a beautiful night and we specifically wanted to eat outside. I was told the wait would be over an hour - even though we had a reservation & there was an avaiable table outside. That was disappointing. However, that being said, Besito is still a very good Mexican restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing time with GirlfriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014FOod and service were remarkable...drinks were amazing as well. Great friendly staff and bar tender. Overall a great experience everytime.Special Features:
- Theplace to go,only ok-OVERRATEDlouCDined on 8/9/2014Was better the first time we went...smallest glass of wine EVER. And NOT a Mexican restaurant...a hybrid actually... partly Mexican/partly Spanish...Was ok...over priced and I don't know what all the is excitement is about...every time I have to fight for a spot, it is NEVER packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerRussDined on 8/6/2014My wife likes to go to Besito each year for her birthday. She loves the fresh guacamole made at the table and the food is always excellent. Very nice place in the summer to sit by the open doors near the street or in the back of the restaurant if you want more of the A/C. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Besito-Huntington to anyone who wants a great restaurant at a reasonable price.
- Upscale Mexican perfectly doneVicAndJimVIPDined on 8/2/2014Been many times and never disappoints. Easily one of my favorite restaurants and the best mexican place on Long IslandSpecial Features:
- Another Great Besito Review!!MikeyTDined on 8/1/2014I'm going to keep writing reviews everytime we go here because everybody who is thinking about going needs to go!!!! Besito is by far our favorite restaurant! Every time we go the food is spot on the drinks are amazing and the service is phenomenal! I can't get enough of Besito!Special Features:
- Service vs foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Great service but the first empanadas selection was just ok. Every thing else including the service was fantastic. Our waiter really knew the menu very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Chose to dine here to celebrate my wife's birthday. Excellent food AND service from Alyssa. Very good margaritas. We enjoyed the tableside guacamole (fantastic), for dinner we ordered the Budin de Mariscos, Carnitas, and a Tamale de Elote. The food was well-prepared, hot, and fresh. We plan on returning soon!Special Features:
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014This is a nice place with different menu items. I highly recommend the guacamole. It is amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really not specialOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/26/2014We didnt get what the fuss is about.... Mediocre from head to toeSpecial Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014All aspects of the service were excellent, from the Manager to the help staff. The food was unbelievable as was the signature margarita!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Guacamole on LI!nancDined on 7/25/2014The guacamole is worth the trip to Huntington. Made fresh at the table you can not go wrong. The meals were terrific as well with a variety of Mexican dishes that are scrumptious.Special Features:
- Unique and Fabulous MexicanJuliaBVIPDined on 7/24/2014The food at Besito is not to be beat! It is original in every way, using fresh ingredients in wonderful combinations. The service is attentive, efficient and friendly. The ambience is modern Mexico. Besito is not to be missed!Special Features:
- Savoring each biteDeliciousDined on 7/23/2014I was recommended to have a romantic dinner for our anniversary. I love Mexican food! Based on the reviews, I thought to check it out. We were quickly seated as we had booked a table. It was very busy and a little confusing when we walked in. The lovely hostess sat us in the back. Our waiter was awesome and so helpful with the menu. We ordered the guacamole; delicious and no need for salt! We the ordered the platanos maduros with our dishes. He ordered carne de res and I ordered the enchiladas mixtas.yum! Dessert was tres leches and we made room! Margarita de Tamarind all the way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad night?cjc1922Dined on 7/21/2014Bar was backed up, so drinks took a while - even my soda... why? Ordered the table side guacamole - double order - not made at our table... made in a corner and brought over. Isn't presentation part of the pricy order? $22 for that? Otherwise very good food, and friendly and attentive waitress. I will chalk this up to a busier than expected Monday night. Food was great, so I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceJodiw13Dined on 7/19/2014I made the reservation thru open table and unfortunately made it for two when we were three. The place was packed but they seated us within 15 minutes. They were fantastic about it and the meal was delishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceL0vr2eatNYVIPDined on 7/16/2014Besito is known to have terrible service, I don't ever recall having good service. The food is tremendous, but you will wait 15-20 before you even order and to reorder drinks is a painful operation. I have ate here 20+ times, and will continue to despite the lack of service because the food is that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really good food, noisy atmosphereluv2swimDined on 7/7/2014Our group of three enjoyed our wonderful dinner at Besito. The guacamole, fresh and made table side, was outstanding and the chips were fresh and warm. I'm a vegetarian and really enjoyed my "vegetales" dinner - fresh and plenty to eat. The only negative is that it is very noisy and hard to have a conversation, even on a Monday evening.Special Features:
- such a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2014The salad with grilled salmon was exceptional. I don't know what is in the dressing but it was delicious with lettuce and corn and avocado. As always, the table-made guacamole is fantastic. This time I tried the ginger jalapeno margarita, and am a complete convert. The last sip, with the shredded jalapeno, was the perfect to coda to a great meal. WE sat one table in from the sidewalk so had good light and good people-watching.Special Features:
- Great time and wonderful foodRosaDined on 7/5/2014Great food and great atmosphere. Very attentive staff and would definitely return. My son loved the food they accommodated him he can be such a picky eater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and drinkAlexDined on 7/5/2014Made a reservation for a friends birthday celebration. Sat with Collen, had the table-side made guacamole, the feature cerviche and the margaritas and pitcher of white sangria. Collen was attentive and made sure we had everything we needed. White sangria was some of the best we've had! Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DishesVIPDined on 7/4/2014My family (myself, my wife and two children) ate dinner at Besito this past Fri. night. Our dinner experience was disappointing. We were seated on the raised dining level next to the kitchen which was crowded. The waiter was nowhere to be found throughout dinner. He never came by once to ask if we needed anything or to ask how our food was. My wife had to get up to find someone to ask for more chips and I had to get up and look for the waiter to get my check. The food my wife and children ordered was good. My shortribs were extremely overcooked and not good. When the he bus"boy" (man) finally came after dinner he made no attempt whatsover to pick up our dishes-he simply put his arm out. Overall, not a pleasurable experience.
- pennyDined on 7/4/2014every time we come here, it's always great food, drinks,and service.Special Features:
- pathetictopfoddieDined on 7/3/2014over experience with this over rated restaurant was pathetic.We went out with our friends for dinner and were very disappointed with food quality. Drinks were ok not so great, service was garbage our server was in mad rush all the time as far as food is concern don't even bother. We had some quesadilla with pork it tasted like left over food in kitchen also we had empanadas ( yuckyyy dont want eve recall). Never in my life will go back to this restaurant. Attitude of all servers were rough and unprofessional. i will give this restaurant over all 1 star that also because of the guacamole.Special Features:
- Took Friend for her BdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014Such a great place. I've been here before and went again this time (2 yrs later) and the food and ambience was amazing. Just as I expected it to be. The waitress was great and super friendly. Totallllly recommend it to anyone looking for great Cuban food. Plus the fresh guacamole was phenomenal. Price for two people with 1 drink each and an appetizer to share was $98.00Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014The bartender really knew how to make the perfect Patron Moheto! The Matradee accomadated us to the perfect table, away from the noise. We drove from south shore which had plenty of Mexican Restaurants to Besito and we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exquisiteCclassyDined on 6/29/2014I went on Sunday June 29th it was absolutely wonderful. From the food to the drinks and not to mention the service. This is a MUST place to visit. Throughly pleased looking forward to my next time!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentExcellentVIPDined on 6/27/2014Spent an afternoon outdoors with their specialty Margaritas and Guacamole. All was excellent.Special Features:
- wonderful Huntington spot!!!luv2havefunDined on 6/25/2014Always great food and atmosphere and fabulous outdoor space!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014I've always tried to get into this place but every time I went the wait was at least an hour. Now I see why! The food was flavorful and cooked to perfection. My mom especially loved it. Its a bit pricey but as she put it, "I'd rather spend a little more on a good meal then save some money and not be satisfied." I highly recommend Besito.Special Features:
- Different choices...JSherriDined on 6/25/2014Besito has a great selection of rather different choices of fare for"Mexican" type food. Instead of the usual tacos and buritos, they have selections and combos that are very mouth watering and sensual to the taste buds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed the Mark CompletelyMarkFDined on 6/21/2014Besito used to be great, phenomenal even, but our past two trips have been mediocre, at best. Portion sizes are way too small now (especially for the price), and the quality of the ingredients has gone way down. Our waitress disappeared for 20 minutes during our meal so we had no one to complain to. When we told the busboy about our food issue (couldn't eat most of the "Shrimp and Steak" special because half the meat was fat or tendon), it went in one ear and out the other. The bright note of our meal was the Margarita - still good. However, we were missing half our Sangria (half a glass was provided). Besito is a little too high on their britches now and need to come back down to reality. Overall, Besito is really a let down lately.Special Features:
- DinewithDiDined on 6/19/2014Felt like a Friday but it was only Thursday....uplifting atmosphere....summer spot for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Besito HuntingtonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014Great guacamole! Ask for it spicy. I like that they can make a few dishes vegan friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.