Besito - Huntington
402 New York Avenue
Huntington, NY 11743Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $31 to $50
Besito - Huntington
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.besitomexican.com/
- Phone: 6315490100
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Spanish, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Chef Scott Wojcik
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Guacamole, passed hors d'oeuvre, choice of 3 entrees. Besito will tailor a menu to your speicific needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private, please contact the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Manager Jose Reyes or Jose Avila 6315490100
- Special Events: Please contact Jose Reyes for more details on hosting your special event at Besito!
A word from Besito - Huntington
Besito (which means Little Kiss, in English) serves authentic Mexican food and serves their famous tableside guacamole and Besito Patron Margarita. Besito serves Lunch and Dinner every day of the week. Food specialties include classic tortilla soup, tamales with shrimp and chipotle adobo, ceviches made daily, authentic tacos and enchiladas suizas. We serve over 75 world class tequilas in an atmosphere with rustic Mexican sophistication that will bring back memories of your last Mexican vacation!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Besito - Huntington - Best Restaurants in Huntington ›
Besito - Huntington reviews from OpenTable diners
206 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (116)neighborhood gem (109)fit for foodies (96)vibrant bar scene (85)good for groups (85)special occasion (77)romantic (75)great for outdoor dining (56)great for lunch (34)late-night find (31)kid-friendly (15)great for brunch (8)notable wine list (8)scenic view (4)Show More
- Busy, restaurant weekDWBBDined on 10/19/2014We had never been there before. The staff is excellent, knowledgeable. Restaurant was packed when we arrived early for our reservation but they sat us anyway, which we liked. Menu had lots of choices and the waiter was very helpful. Food tasty.Special Features:
- On Sat eve do NOT sit by the barCathyDined on 10/18/2014The bar is very popular and in fact toward the end of our meal, the crowd was several deep and people were practically standing over us as we ate which was very uncomfortable. Our waitress was great - really knew her stuff but the other waitstaff made us feel rushed, as they anxiously perched over our half-full dishes. I still like Besito very much - have eaten there several times and the food is excellent - but in the future will ask for a table in another part of the dining room - NOT in the bar vicinity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Great Mexican Done RightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I can't explain just how fresh and delicious the food is here. It's a real gem located right on Main Street in Huntington. Reservations strongly recommended, as this place has blown up over the past few months. Service is prompt and friendly - margaritas are great (try the Besito).Special Features:
- resteraunt week choiceIlovefood79Dined on 10/17/2014Service was inpecable. Food was great. Very loud though. Very very loud other then that everything was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off nightFazio55VIPDined on 10/15/2014Usually the best fish tacos, but they were dry and tasteless tonight. I'll give it another try for its usually pretty good. Guacamole was also disappointing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spot OnFoodieDined on 10/14/2014Everything done right, great food, friendly service, interesting menu!Special Features:
- The food was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/12/2014I have been here before but it just got better. The food was outstanding and each dish we had at the table was a winner. There was not one poor showing. Great food, great atmosphere made for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bullseye Every Time!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2014They aim to please and hit a bullseye every time at Besito! Not only is the food and drink amazing here, but so is their desire to provide excellent service. Every meal at Besito feels like a special occasion!Special Features:
- Good Service and Great FoodRightfootDined on 10/11/2014Went to Besito for dinner and had a totally enjoyable time. From the table side guacamole to dessert everything was well prepared and tasty. After the guacamole we had the Enchiladas Carnitas and the Ensalada de Salmon. Both were large well made portions. After this we had two of their desserts, the Tre leches cake and their Mexican Style Chocolate Pudding. Again both were excellent. The place is a bit noisy and dark, but that added to the fun. Besito will definitely be on our "go back to" list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- littledebDined on 10/11/2014The service was excellent. The food was excellent. You need to have just a little more light. The little flashlights are cute, but for me, a big part of a dining experience is the presentation of the food. Visual is a very important part of enjoying good food. I could not see mine. It was delicious, but all of the senses should be experienced.Special Features:
- great spot!!lovetoeatDined on 10/10/2014Service was great and fast food was so good! Definetely a place i will continue to come back too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GuacamoleJulesDined on 10/9/2014They have the best in the world and I was so excited to come for my hubby's birthday but the guacamole tasted like nothing it had to have been made wrong ingredients left out.. Very disappointing but other then that food was amazing as usualSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014The décor is inviting yet trendy and our server was fantastic. I believe he was the same server I had the last time I visited Besito- very knowledgeable and professional. The Partida Margarita was out of this world! However, the food was nothing great :-/. I came once before thinking maybe the dish I ordered was very bland so I tried something new- still not great. The friends I was with described their dishes as "interesting." Nevertheless, I would still recommend this place given the great drinks, service and ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loves food from SyosetLuv2eatfromSyossetDined on 10/6/2014Service was wonderful and very attentative and the recommendations were spot on. Very good selection and the Guacamole made at the table was terrific and a nice touch. We enjoyed the dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Guac was great!GoldiefoxDined on 10/4/2014We had a good time good food and service. It was a little loud and I think Rosyln is a little nicer in its decor.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Town GemlibraryloverDined on 10/3/2014Wonderful spot. If you want it quiet this is not the place for you. High energy, terrific service and the food is outstanding.Special Features:
- Been there many timesJSherriDined on 10/3/2014A great restaurant. One of our top ten. We have been there many times. Always excellent.Special Features:
- Awesome food and drinkslovefromVADined on 10/1/2014Small group from work met for dinner and drinks. Everyone had a hard time deciding what to order because everything sounded wonderful. Highly recommend the Mixos tacos and white sangria.Special Features:
- Authentic MexicanDonJulioDined on 9/27/2014I consider myself a foodie and a tequila aficionado. And I will say Besito exceeds expectations on all levels for their food and tequila selection. They have a wide variety of blancos, reposados, and añejo's. Highly recommended if you want a romantic dinner or want to grab a few late night drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious margaritasFrenchd2520Dined on 9/26/2014We ordered margaritas and guac. "Medium" guac was actually very hot, but the waitress was more than happy to add more avacado and other ingredients to make it more mild. She also offered to make us a whole new one if we wanted. Margaritas were delicious, as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Great place for Mexican food. Def recommend the guacamole its amazing!Special Features:
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014My favorite reataurant in Huntington. Never fails to impress. Our waiter, Chris, was amazing. Very informative and friendly. We had a nice table in the upstairs dining area, which was beautifully decorated with candles everywhere. Will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!mjjnDined on 9/21/2014We picked this for my wifes birthday dinner. We were tired of Italian, Chinese etc. I had been to the bar a couple of times but had never eaten here. We made a great choice. The food starting with the guacamole (you must get) was excellent. We had four people and everyone was happy with this place.Special Features:
- NoiseBigbadmamadDined on 9/20/2014Very Loud atmosphere ... A little hard to talk! Food was very good & the guacamole was outstanding! Great Margaritas too!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I truly enjoyed dining at Besito's in Huntington. The food was amazing. The service was outstanding. I had one of the best margarita's I have had in a long time. I plan to go there again and will highly recommend it to my family and friends.Special Features:
- Great - As Always!LizVEsqVIPDined on 9/19/2014The fresh guacamole was delicious as always. We tried a new shrimp dish, as well as a new salmon dish - which were both delicious. Besito is a trendy spot to go to when you would like a quiet lunch or a fun Saturday night out. Of course, they have the best frozen pom-margs on the Island!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TacoloverDined on 9/19/2014Everything was great until we were told we needed to leave because of a 2 hr max they have on seating. Understandable, but I had called the day I made the reservation and mentioned I would have someone meeting me an hr later to join for drinks and they said it would be no problem. Then when I mentioned to the waiter, he said they could not bring an extra chair over and we were reaching our time limit. Just thought it was tacky and we still had a good half before we reached the "3 hr max". We would have left before then so there was no need to tell us we had to hurry and leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/10/2014Excellent Food, Great Service, would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diverse & FlavorfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014The menu ran from safe to adventurous. The ingredients were fresh and thoughtfully combined. Meats were seasoned well and were tender, juicy and delicious! I enjoyed the mahi mahi ceviche but would have preferred larger pieces of fish. The Carnitas Enchiladas were flavorful but not overdone (and I truly enjoyed the hint of bacon sprinkled on top!) The jicama salad with fresh lime and chili is a must. The atmosphere was nice, a little dark but i prefer the seclusion of the dimly lit booths if you are with someone special. I will certainly go back! There were so many more dishes to try!Special Features:
- Great spot to meet friends.matty32VIPDined on 9/9/2014Went on a Tuesday at 6:45. It was packed. Good vibe at the bar. We chose to eat inside rather than outside. The service was outstanding. Margaritas and guacamole very good. Our entrees were very tasty and ample. I had the mahi mahi veracruzana which was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014We were greeted promptly for our late afternoon dinner reservation. The tortilla soup and tamale were excellent starters. The second course included the Carnitas and Pechuga de Pollo entrees - both are flavorful, tender and portioned appropriately. Add on the sweet plantains to share. The service was professional and friendly. We highly recommend and will be back!Special Features:
- Great Server Makes For Great DiningHostessWithTheMostessDined on 9/7/2014I dined here with two others and we asked quite a few questions. There was no question our server, Andrew, could not answer. Every response he gave was knowledgeable and he seemed genuinely interested in educating us on Mexican cuisine. I am a very picky eater and don't like spicy food so I can't comment much on the menu but Andrew's suggestions on how to make my Pastor tacos less spicy and more enjoyable were very helpful and much appreciated. As someone who has worked in restaurants for a while, I see that when servers get busy questions can irritate them. It was nice to have a server who remained calm through lots of questions and seemed happy to share his knowledge about the cuisine. (And we loved the fresh, table-side made guacamole!)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not thst greatMonicaDined on 9/6/2014I have been to Besito's in Roslyn as well and i think the food was much better at that location. I ordered the enchilada special on Saturday night and it was pretty bland. That was the only drawback which is significant when your bill is quite steep. So that is why the food rating is so low. The three other people with me were not impressed either. Good guacamole, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joan123Dined on 9/5/2014The food was very good and the waiter was helpful and nice. We had the table side made guacamole, which was delicious and three shrimp dishes, all great. My only complaint was that it was noisey and the tables are a little too close together. Other than that, I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Came here for first time for my girlfriends birthday and it was amazing. The food, decor, service and overall experience was awesome and would definitely be visiting besito again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodfiyahdVIPDined on 9/1/2014Everything was outstanding. Been here a few times, never a problem.Special Features:
- Entire Meal PerfectoJadeDined on 8/30/2014Everything ordered was wonderful and the service was perfection. The sangria was enjoyable also. We ordered the Tres Leche Cake for dessert and it was the perfect ending to a wonderful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Besito Very Good MexicanislandbeanDined on 8/29/2014A couple of blocks from the Paramount, I like to hit Besito when I have tickets to a show. With its casual atmosphere and fun décor I enjoy having something special at this restaurant. While I love their tableside guacamole, my husband doesn't eat it so I hunted for an appetizer to please both our palates. I settled on a quesadilla with cheese and vegetables. It was so delicious, he ate it and enjoyed- even though it contained mushrooms (that he would never touch otherwise). The veracruzana style fish was good, as was the short rib entrée. The dessert of flan was good, but the churros they brought us at the end would have been enough.Special Features:
- Love itExcellentVIPDined on 8/29/2014Keep coming back - especially for the signature Margaritas.Special Features:
- many flies at our table...:(DaveRVIPDined on 8/29/2014I felt like i was in asia with the large number of flies around the table. Food was good (espeically shrimp tacos which for some reason are only available at lunchtime).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.