Besito - Burlington
75 Middlesex Tpke.
Burlington, MA 01803Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Besito - Burlington
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.besitomexican.com/
- Phone: 781-272-9900x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Sun: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Southwest, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Chef Carlos Arellano & Chef Isaac Reyes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer on-site catering with semi-private amenities available. Please call for more information.
A word from Besito - Burlington
Come join us at out new Burlington location! Besito - Rated "Excellent" by the The New York Times and #1 in Tri-State Open Table Diner's choice! Besito, translated as little kiss, strives to delight guests with the warmth of a private hacienda offering thoughtful details and cuisine. Besito was rated “excellent” by the New York Times with its dramatic eucalyptus-beamed ceiling that embraces all the flavors and festivity of Mexican cuisine. Enjoy fresh, table-side guacamole and over 75 tequilas all straight from Mexico. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Besito - Burlington reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (61)good for groups (50)special occasion (42)great for lunch (34)romantic (30)neighborhood gem (25)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (14)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (7)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Very Busy on a Rainy nightHbigguyDined on 9/13/2014This was a return visit. The restaurant had a significant wait for those without reservations, but our reservation was on time. The restaurant had an animated noise level (it definitely wasn't quiet). Our waiter, Richard, we have had before, and he certainly took good care of us. The food , app was queso with chorizo, and onion was served pipping hot in a cast iron skillet. Very good, but was not served with chips, but rather tortillas. Our dishes were Carnitas in a mole sauce, and a Mixtas enchilada in a tomatillo sauce. Both were served separate from the rice and beans (a table serving of each). We took home about 1/2 of our dinners, and Richard suggested reheating instructions. No dessert. Am planning to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good - but served TOO fastEllenVIPDined on 9/13/2014I ate here the last two Saturday nights. The food is good but it came out of the kitchen within three minutes of ordering, both times. That leads me to believe that most of the food is prepared ahead of time and I also find that "fast food" very unwelcoming.Special Features:
- Great New FindPiero523Dined on 9/7/2014It was our first time at Besito and we rally enjoyed it. We started off with the house made guacamole and it was great. I had the roasted salmon with mole and mango salsa and my partner had The newyork strip w chorizo. We both enjoyed are meals as well. The service is friendly and the atmosphere was pleasant. For dessert we shared the Tres leches cake and really liked It. We plan to recommend the restaurant and will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was unique and goodYaPalAlDined on 9/6/2014All four of us had a great meal and it was uniquely presented.. ie - The chicken taco were deconstructed and the chicken was very good.Special Features:
- Outstanding service is about it ...JoeJustJoeDined on 9/5/2014While the service and atmosphere was outstanding, and the food was good (not out of this world good) the experience was disappointing because of the outrageous prices. $11.00 for a "house" Margarita? Are you kidding? This ain't Fenway Park. There were 5 adults in our party; 4 of us had 1 drink, and the bill came to $176.00 - not including tip. We expect those prices for the freshness of Legal Seafood or The Capital Grille, but these folks are serving tacos and enchiladas fachrissakes. We won't be back until these folks come down to earth.
- BunnyVIPDined on 8/31/2014Service was marginal at best....waited~ 15 minutes before anyone came to our table. Our waiter finally showed up and took our drink and food order and food came ~10 minutes before the drinks and had to ask for the drinks. All this would have been overlooked but there were only 3 other tables occupied and at least 5 different staff walked by our table. Not many smiles from the staff......food was good so once the service kinks are ironed out it will be a nice place.
- Mexican UpgradedFoodGloriousFoodDined on 8/30/2014Quality Mexican food presented in a more mature manner. Wait staff and food runners were well-trained. For $12, the guacamole makers could add a little flair, but the end result was a yummy fresh guac that was scooped up quickly onto freshly-fried, salted-just-right tortilla chips. Forget the white sangria, all sweet with browned fruit on top. Striped sea bass special was delicious, topped with tomatoes, olives, and capers. Sweet corn tamale was a great side, as was fried sweet plantains with fresh queso cheese. Would go back in a heartbeat, but trying the red sangria next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding and upscaleYummoTummoDined on 8/30/2014The food and service were outstanding. The ambiance is charming. In short, this is upscale, traditional mexican food that's well worth the expense. Go go go!Special Features:
- Food not great for the $$SuburbFailVIPDined on 8/29/2014The service was good but the food didn't have much flavor. Definitely not going back.
- 15th Wedding AnniversarychezhoyDined on 8/28/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary. It was our first visit. Food ANC atmosphere were great. Luis, our waiter, was knowledgeable and accomodating. Food was good. My wife found plastic or glass in her side dish, and we notified Jose Pena, the manager. He promptly took care of the issue and had the staff dump 4 gallons of the side. We were comped her meal, 2 desserts and coffees. The experience was great and hospitality management was excellent; Jose did what any manager could and should do...thoroughly impressed.Special Features:
- Besito. great food. great service.meowmeowDined on 8/28/2014Besito was a "let's try the new Mexican place" choice, so I wasn't expecting too much, but I was surprised by how good it was. Menu featured upscale Mexican fare, thoughtfully prepared and presented. Excellent drinks too. I had the Salmon Manchmanteles--very good. Nice mole. The chocolate pudding dessert was excellent. They gave us a couple if complimentary churros and worry dolls to go. :-D. Delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedChocoholicVIPDined on 8/27/2014Overpriced ($5 iced tea!), underflavored food. Restaurant was dead at 6pm, now I know why!
- RS123Dined on 8/24/2014A pleasant evening with good service and good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- localdinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014Fills a void for those looking for good Mexican (gourmet Mexican) in the Burlington area. creatively spiced dishes, food served promptlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerlovemexfoodDined on 8/23/2014We had dinner here for the first time. Food and service were excellent however the music was extremely loud and we couldn't even hear our waiter speak. We had to have him repeat things many times.Special Features:
- Mediocre at bestCookpattiDined on 8/23/2014Was excited to try Besito as it seemed like their menu included some different items. I found it extremely expensive and not really all that authentic. Table side guacamole was a nice touch but should always be made w lime juice- this was not. Salsa was too garlicky and the drinks were very expensive and small. No salt and pepper in the tables- I should be able to season my food as I see fit! We ordered mixed meat tacos, which really wasn't a taco, but served more like a fajita. The flavor was very good though. Rice and beans were served family style, which was a nice touch but both needed some spicing up. I ordered chili rellenos which. should ALWAYS be deep fried in a light crunchy batter, but these were just peppers on a plate.Special Features:
- Great all aroundAllisonDined on 8/23/2014Went for lunch with friends and had a great experience. Food was delicious. I got the tortilla soup, we shared guacamole and the vegetable quesadilla. My other friend got the shrimp tacos and said they were very good. Nice touch at the end with churros and worry dolls. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- markDined on 8/22/2014Food was excellent as well as the outstanding serviceSpecial Features:
- Industrial Mexican FooddrjeffDined on 8/22/2014Thevambiance was quite nice, service friendly, but the food was a disappointment. In a place this pricey, we expected better.Special Features:
- Fabulous find in the "Mall"BillmacsDined on 8/21/2014Very excited for a Great Mexican restaurant in the area! Food was fabulous, fresh ingredients, not your run of the mill chain mexican joint. Freshly made table side guacamole was outstanding! Chile Relleno was filled with fresh vegetables and goat cheese, delicious! Wait staff friendly, service punctual. Upscale decor although a bit dark.... waitstaff had mini flashlights to see the menu .. a great addition to the Burlington Mall, will certainly return and recommend!Special Features:
- besitosd777Dined on 8/16/2014The food was good. The service seemed very rehearsed, and chain restaurant like. My husband and I made a reservation and we were sat at one of those long booth tables shoved between many people at a small table. I wish we had a little more of a private table as it was very noisy being so on top of each other.Special Features:
- Good mexican restaurantBobibosVIPDined on 8/16/2014Enjoyed Besito.. Tableside guacamole is pricey for the quantity and lacking flavor - I felt like I had to oversee the ingredients to try to get some extra flavor. Chips and salsa were very good. Steak, chicken and short ribs were excellent and entrees are good portions and tasty. Service is excellent. Servers and managers are very attentive. Desserts were good as well. Definitely would return here and recommend.Special Features:
- Alittle priceyMikeDined on 8/16/2014The atmosphere and service were pretty good however, for the amount of money we paid, the quality of good was poor.Special Features:
- Great new restaurant!yugnuVIPDined on 8/15/2014Besito exceeded expectations. The food and service were great. I ordered the short rib and it was amazing. The portion was over the top too. My wife ordered the enchilada and was very tasty. We highly recommend the roasted corn and tamale side. We passed on the table side guacamole but will get it next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Mexican with great serviceElleDined on 8/9/2014Enjoyed my first visit to Besito. Guacamole (notable app) was fresh and delicious which made table side. Sangria and my entree was delicious as well. Only critque is that the desserts were a bit lacking in variety and some of the table set ups do not afford much privacy/intimacy which detracts a bit from the overall "upscale" feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice Mexican meal!MrDJ87Dined on 8/9/2014A very unique menu...., a little pricey but good. Very good service and great decor. This is not your typical chain Mexican restaurant, it's nice and well run!Special Features:
- JohnDined on 8/9/2014Besito definitely not your typical Mexican restaurant. Ordered dish which was ok. Margaritas served in what I call a juice glass disappointing! Waiters disappointing and snappy at one point. Prices were median price but overpriced as far as I was concerned. Portions small. I would never go back or recommend.Special Features:
- Loved EverythingMeredithDined on 8/8/2014From the quiet atmosphere to the amazing margaritas. My mom , myself and my 2 sisters had an amazing meal. Our waiter gave suggestions and knew everything about the menu! At the end we got the tres leches cake and it was amazing! Keep up the good work! We will definitely be back and tell all our friends about it !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014Food was good, but the quality of the meals was inconsistent. Some of the meals were much better than other meals. The prices seemed a little too high for what we ordered. Service was very good and the guac made tableside was exceptional.
- ExcellentEthanMDined on 8/6/2014White table cloths and candlelight - you'd never know you were at the Burlington Mall! The chicken burritos were yummy. Love the free churros for dessert. Authentic mexican music plays at this restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014The food was great! The staff was friendly and efficient. Uur waiter had extensive knowledge of them menu and was able to recommend selections based on our individual tastes. I highly recommend this restaurant for those who are seeking more of an authentic mexican taste.Special Features:
- CarlyVIPDined on 8/1/2014I enjoyed my meal but my husband felt his meal was tasteless and not so traditional mexicianSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK food, over-pricedNoShoreDinerDined on 7/31/2014First visit to Besito and having lived in the Southwest for may years, was hoping for the best! Had the watermelon marg (OK), Tortilla soup (mine is better per my wife), the fried plantains (savory mexican cheese and crema were a nice complement to the sweetness) the Mixtos tacos (interesting presentation in a cast iron skillet with queso fundito in the bottom) were not bad. The corn tortillas were rather commercial. Finally, with the bill, we got complementary churros, even these were heavy and doughy, not the light pastry I was expecting.The two of us spent $60 and for that, I'd rather go back to our favorite upscale Mexican a couple miles south which is Masa where the food and service is much better for a similar price.
- Worst Mexican Food Ever...techgirlDined on 7/29/2014This is my second visit to this restaurant. The first time was very disappointing, so I decided to give it another try. First, a positive note. The table side guacamole is good. Be careful! We asked for "spicy". The woman who made the guac put at least 3 spoons of jalapenos into the mix. My hair was on fire! This is some of the worst Mexican food I have ever had. I had the chicken tacos. They come in a small skillet with the cheese melted and inedible. The side "slaw" was sweet and not something to put on the tiny circles they call tortillas. My date had chile rellenos, which had no cheese in them at all. Mushrooms in chile rellenos? YUK. The food was not seasoned, lacking in salt, bland, flavorless. I won't be going back.Special Features:
- Great FoodlaniquityDined on 7/26/2014This was our first time here and we found the food and service to be excellent.Special Features:
- eparDined on 7/25/2014Great Service! My waitress was phenomenal and the staff kept our waters full the entire time. Tableside guacamole is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your average Mexican placeTomMDined on 7/22/2014Unique Mexican -- not TexMex menu -- well executed. This reservation was with in the first weeks of opening at this location.Special Features:
- Not very Mexican early-stage chainDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 7/21/2014These folks have the idea that they can sell a sort-of-Mexican experience at higher-than-normal prices. A reasonable theory - if only the food or service were really strong. Sadly, neither was the case. Take their table-side guacamole at $12 as a case in point. Nice idea, and fresh fruit. But the recipe was bland and unappealing. You get the sense that there's nobody tasting their own food - or if there is such a person, that they've got no feel for Mexican food at all. The mole - about which you'll be offered a warning lecture if you order it - "it's very complex, and some people find the chocolate surprising" and so forth…Well, the chocolate is off-putting because this insipid concoction is more Hershey's than Mole. Save your money
- WashUmomVIPDined on 7/19/2014This is our second visit to Besito and we have been pleased with our experience both times. Food is wonderful as is service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great upscale Mexican restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Nice small upscale Mexican restaurant from New York bringing something new to the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.