421 Cypress Avenue
South San Francisco, CA 94080Neighborhood:
South San Francisco
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sodinisbertoluccis.com/
- Phone: 6505881625
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Sodini's Bertolucci’s was featured on Check, Please! Bay Area and serves traditional Italian cuisine, derived from their Tuscan roots. Their belief has always been to serve simple, hearty and fresh food. We have private rooms that can seat anywhere from 25 to 100 people.
- Private Party Contact: Miranda 6505881625
- Entertainment: Piano lounge
- Special Events: See web page www.sodinisbertoluccis.com for details.
A word from Bertolucci's
Big old school restaurant. Full bar, piano lounge, plasma TVs. Banquet facilities available for up to 85 in a private room. Cocktail parties, and power point on a private 133" screen. Movie nights with theme dinners happen twice a week. As seen on check please bay area, best of the best. Treat yourself............Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Bertolucci's - Best Restaurants in South San Francisco ›
Bertolucci's reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (96)good for groups (73)special occasion (48)fit for foodies (31)romantic (28)great for lunch (22)kid-friendly (20)vibrant bar scene (18)notable wine list (13)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- BJAHDined on 10/24/2014We have been dinning there for many many years and never been disappointed. Great food, good service. We will return very soon. We reecommed it to many of our friends.Special Features:
- Good foodLizKVIPDined on 10/23/2014My first visit to this neighborhood restaurant. Went for lunch with colleagues. Food was very good! Service was attentive and friendly. Atmosphere is somewhat old school, but I really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- okelmoonrakerDined on 10/21/2014Bertolucci's was just ok, the waiter was pretty cool with us, it;s a very nice decorative restaurant, but the food was not happening for us, too bland.. it needs to have that ITALIAN KICK!Special Features:
- South San Francisco StapleCityAutoDined on 10/17/2014The resturant may not be on the main drag, but this hidden gem is worth eating at. The people here are just so pleasant and make you feel welcome. Love the pasta, but check out the daily specials. You can't go wrong. I forgot to mention Bertolucci's pizza is also good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real GemSFnative45Dined on 10/15/2014Had a wonderful dinner with friends and couldn't have been more pleased; food was amazing!Special Features:
- Great meal and wonderful servicesocitydinerDined on 10/10/2014Our waiter was pleasant and attentive. The courses arrived in a timely manner. We never felt rushed or hurried. And the meal, including the appetizers, was wonderfully delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemoriesruffemDined on 10/9/2014Hadn't been to this place in many years. I was amazed at how little had changed,which is a good thing. The food is old fashioned Italian, and excellent. The service was attentive but not intrusive. Price was moderate. Bar excellent. I'll definitely not wait so long to return.Special Features:
- Old San Francisco Fran experienceAmiableDined on 10/9/2014Bertoluccis is handy to SFO so it was perfect for a post-flight lunch. We started with the best fried calamari I've ever had, then a very good prawn Caesar and roast chicken as main dishes. Good, honest food that won't empty your wallet. Accompanied by a basket of sourdough and addictive mini-pizza breads.Special Features:
- Fun experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Everything was very good. Nothing stood out as excellent, but nothing was mediocre either. We went on a business dinner and it was a great setting for a casual get together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expectedH20skikdVIPDined on 10/4/2014Previous experiences weren't so great as far as Service and food quality, for example my mother in laws bday we checked in had a drink at the bar ahead of our reservation of 15 when we went up at our time, they gave our table away and we waited for 1 1/2 hours for another without a place to sit. 2 years later We decided to give it another try and our server was the best one that I have ever seen there. Didn't rush us and kept an eye on us without being interrupting I was impressed! The food this time was better as well. I had Osso Bucco and it was pretty good and my husband had the New York Steak....he said it was okay, nothing to get excited about. We will definitely go again and hope we get the same level of service and qualityI would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is awesomely luciousCupcake44Dined on 10/4/2014Found this place within a week of moving here four months ago I have been here every other week since then .. . Food is so great had petrale sole this time my boyfriend the same so so so good I didn't waste a bite, salad was great and the polenta creamy as usual.. This time we had dessert, had the choclate praline WOW AMAZING .. My boyfriend and I look so forward to have a dinning experience again in two weeks... BEST FOOD EVERSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- willieDined on 9/30/2014This place is awesome. The food is always good and the staff are great and friendly. I love coming here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intersting lil placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/28/2014Overall just an OK experience - Good place for large groups or family.
- Good experiencevicspixDined on 9/25/2014It is always a pleasure dining at Bertolucci's. You truly get the old time italian feel with the decor and the background music. The food is excellent and the menu is great!Special Features:
- Good DealTandJDined on 9/19/2014Bertolucci's is a pretty good restaurant. Three of us went for dinner. Two of us had veal which was ok. A little tough and stringy but in a tasty sauce. The other diner had steak which was the best choice. They give you a lot of food and the price was very reasonable. We'll be going back.Special Features:
- Enjoyable LunchHappyDinerDined on 9/17/2014There were 7 people in our party, and the service was great! The food was delicious, the portions were generous. Everyone had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodfoodjoyDined on 9/13/2014We had great birthday dinner at Bertoucci's. Everything was great and we highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian Dinner..TessDined on 9/12/2014My Boyfriends and his mom had never been there before and I hadn't gone in a few years , so I thought it would be a good place to have a great Italian dinner, and yes I was right. We all enjoyed are dinner's and had leftovers for the next day. The service did a good job making sure we were taken care of. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/5/2014Had a great time, good friends, great service, great food, will be going backSpecial Features:
- tinaA.tinaADined on 9/4/2014always enjoy my time at this neighborhood gem in SSF. Great lunch prices and wine great for the price of a glass. friendly and good service staff...reminds me of old style SF places...like original joes. Tasty foods and plenty of it...gotta love that pizza bread in the basket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/4/2014A pleasant lunchtime experience: good food and service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningQumacyDined on 8/31/2014A lovely place for an enjoyable dinner and light conversation. Food is very good, and service friendly and acceptable. Have never had a bad meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old School Italian FoodessjayVIPDined on 8/30/2014Great Veal Parm, Tasty Red Sauce very accommodating to taste cant wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Another Great dinnerLovegoodfoodDined on 8/30/2014Tried the prawn special and it was perfect. Have never had a bad dish here. So glad they are so close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is awesome my favoriteCupcake44Dined on 8/29/2014My boyfriend and I had petrale sole it was like heaven, And the polenta was so creamy , veggys so crisp and delicious,, it was a fabulous dine.. Was my birthday and it was the best ever and I am old got alot if years experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place for ItalianThetraveling3Dined on 8/29/2014The service and food was so good we went back the following night. Our server, both nights was Erin. She remembered us from the previous night. We wanted for nothing. The second night we were placed in the bar area and there was live music, which was a little loud, but the food was so delicious it made up for it. Love the minestrone soup! Hated getting a review text at 1:15am!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise findLjacesapairDined on 8/28/2014We truly enjoyed every dish we ordered. The salad was fresh and well dressed; ministroni soup was thick and tasty. We enjoyed at radio all dish of spaghetti and meatballs and my favorite was the veal Milanese. Almost reminiscent of Wiener schnitzel. Wonderfull!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicebillychowsdownDined on 8/23/2014we were not assigned to a waiter ,so for the first 20 mins we had no one talk to us ,after a couple of futile attempts to get someones attention at a very busy time we had a waiter---the maitre d comp an appetizer,wine and desert.unfortunate but they tried their best to rectify the mistake.good bang for the buckSpecial Features:
- My Wife's Birthday DinnerUWDad2007Dined on 8/23/2014We decided to celebrate Carole's birthday as a special treat. The food was impeccable and the family style we love. Our son Jared had the petrale sole, Carole had the scallopini and I the saltimbocca. The green salad's house dressing was wonderful, a sort of light, creamy Cesar with garlic. We sipped a Ruffino Pinot Grigio. On the table was home made focaccia. Angie, our waitress was a serving machine and a doll to boot. We were greeted, seated and saluted by the maître d and staff as we left. A fun, excellent time. Our reservation was for 6:30 pm and we left three hours later. We brought a St. Honore cake for her birthday from nearby Galli's Sanitary bakery. Most everyone had coffee with dessert. A fun and delicious evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- willieDined on 8/23/2014Our waitress was over the top. She has a two tone hairdo and she has one of the best personalities that I have ever come across in wait staff. She is an asset to this restaurant. They were so busy that things were held up but God!! She is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional Italian cuisinenonicknameVIPDined on 8/17/2014This is similar to some of the old San Francisco Italian restaurants of which there are very few left. That's what makes this restaurant so special! Our server, Gina, was so accommodating, professional, and friendly too! We both had the Petrale Sole and it was perfect!Special Features:
- Good foodwabash21VIPDined on 8/17/2014Overall good,the minestone soup seems very watered down, but salad very good. We had the cannoloni and salmon both very tastySpecial Features:
- Good Variety of Italian Food!MetroDiner48Dined on 8/13/2014The restaurant was like a remnant from the 70s, low lighting & dated, & might benefit from some renovation. That said, I thought the food was pretty decent & would go back if in the area. There were a lot of choices & combinations offered....all sounded great. We both had the raviolis with meat sauce & cream which was delicious!Special Features:
- Mmm-mmm-good!GrapegrowerDined on 8/13/2014Bertolucci's is a wonderful little place with some of the best 'Old World' Italian comfort dishes. The Saltimbacca was delicious as was the ravioli and meat sauce, and the New York steak...perfection. Try the Osso Busso if it's available, melt in your mouth! Cant get Italian like this anywhere in the Central Valley, now way, no how!Special Features:
- Very good dinnerLvdrinksnddinDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I along with my sister-in-law and her boyfriend ate dinner here last Saturday evening. We requested a booth on open table, but seats were ok, the waitress very friendly and the food was awesome. We have eaten here before and will again.Special Features:
- wabash21VIPDined on 8/8/2014Service and food were wonderful, I had the cannolli, and it was one of the best. All six of us were very pleased with the food.Special Features:
- 4greteatsDined on 8/5/2014Always found the food to be outstanding and great value, we go there for both special occasions and just because. I would recommend reservations because there always busy every night. One of my favorite dishes is the chicken parmesan,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceCBLTJLVIPDined on 8/2/2014Food was excellent and hot, service was good. Friendly old-time type of place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- July 2014ck94112VIPDined on 7/30/2014Had dinner with a girlfriend... as always good food, nice waiter. Will go back often.Special Features:
- Pretty GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/29/2014We made a reservation for 7pm on a Tuesday night and I'm glad I did. It was packed and we actually had to wait about 10-15 minutes for our table. I thought my salmon pasta was meh but chicken parm was well received. The crowd is older folks and the ambiance doesn't quite live up to the sweet sign that you can see from the freeway but it's not bad. Overall, I'd go again but probably not for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.