421 Cypress Avenue
South San Francisco, CA 94080Neighborhood:
South San Francisco
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sodinisbertoluccis.com/
- Phone: 6505881625
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Sodini's Bertolucci’s was featured on Check, Please! Bay Area and serves traditional Italian cuisine, derived from their Tuscan roots. Their belief has always been to serve simple, hearty and fresh food. We have private rooms that can seat anywhere from 25 to 100 people.
- Private Party Contact: Miranda 6505881625
- Entertainment: Piano lounge
- Special Events: See web page www.sodinisbertoluccis.com for details.
A word from Bertolucci's
Big old school restaurant. Full bar, piano lounge, plasma TVs. Banquet facilities available for up to 85 in a private room. Cocktail parties, and power point on a private 133" screen. Movie nights with theme dinners happen twice a week. As seen on check please bay area, best of the best. Treat yourself............Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Bertolucci's - Best Restaurants in South San Francisco ›
Bertolucci's reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (104)good for groups (79)special occasion (51)fit for foodies (33)romantic (31)kid-friendly (22)vibrant bar scene (19)great for lunch (19)notable wine list (13)late-night find (7)great for brunch (5)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good experiencevicspixDined on 9/25/2014It is always a pleasure dining at Bertolucci's. You truly get the old time italian feel with the decor and the background music. The food is excellent and the menu is great!Special Features:
- Good DealTandJDined on 9/19/2014Bertolucci's is a pretty good restaurant. Three of us went for dinner. Two of us had veal which was ok. A little tough and stringy but in a tasty sauce. The other diner had steak which was the best choice. They give you a lot of food and the price was very reasonable. We'll be going back.Special Features:
- Enjoyable LunchHappyDinerDined on 9/17/2014There were 7 people in our party, and the service was great! The food was delicious, the portions were generous. Everyone had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodfoodjoyDined on 9/13/2014We had great birthday dinner at Bertoucci's. Everything was great and we highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian Dinner..TessDined on 9/12/2014My Boyfriends and his mom had never been there before and I hadn't gone in a few years , so I thought it would be a good place to have a great Italian dinner, and yes I was right. We all enjoyed are dinner's and had leftovers for the next day. The service did a good job making sure we were taken care of. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/5/2014Had a great time, good friends, great service, great food, will be going backSpecial Features:
- tinaA.tinaADined on 9/4/2014always enjoy my time at this neighborhood gem in SSF. Great lunch prices and wine great for the price of a glass. friendly and good service staff...reminds me of old style SF places...like original joes. Tasty foods and plenty of it...gotta love that pizza bread in the basket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/4/2014A pleasant lunchtime experience: good food and service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningQumacyDined on 8/31/2014A lovely place for an enjoyable dinner and light conversation. Food is very good, and service friendly and acceptable. Have never had a bad meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old School Italian FoodessjayVIPDined on 8/30/2014Great Veal Parm, Tasty Red Sauce very accommodating to taste cant wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Another Great dinnerLovegoodfoodDined on 8/30/2014Tried the prawn special and it was perfect. Have never had a bad dish here. So glad they are so close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is awesome my favoriteCupcake44Dined on 8/29/2014My boyfriend and I had petrale sole it was like heaven, And the polenta was so creamy , veggys so crisp and delicious,, it was a fabulous dine.. Was my birthday and it was the best ever and I am old got alot if years experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place for ItalianThetraveling3Dined on 8/29/2014The service and food was so good we went back the following night. Our server, both nights was Erin. She remembered us from the previous night. We wanted for nothing. The second night we were placed in the bar area and there was live music, which was a little loud, but the food was so delicious it made up for it. Love the minestrone soup! Hated getting a review text at 1:15am!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise findLjacesapairDined on 8/28/2014We truly enjoyed every dish we ordered. The salad was fresh and well dressed; ministroni soup was thick and tasty. We enjoyed at radio all dish of spaghetti and meatballs and my favorite was the veal Milanese. Almost reminiscent of Wiener schnitzel. Wonderfull!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicebillychowsdownDined on 8/23/2014we were not assigned to a waiter ,so for the first 20 mins we had no one talk to us ,after a couple of futile attempts to get someones attention at a very busy time we had a waiter---the maitre d comp an appetizer,wine and desert.unfortunate but they tried their best to rectify the mistake.good bang for the buckSpecial Features:
- My Wife's Birthday DinnerUWDad2007Dined on 8/23/2014We decided to celebrate Carole's birthday as a special treat. The food was impeccable and the family style we love. Our son Jared had the petrale sole, Carole had the scallopini and I the saltimbocca. The green salad's house dressing was wonderful, a sort of light, creamy Cesar with garlic. We sipped a Ruffino Pinot Grigio. On the table was home made focaccia. Angie, our waitress was a serving machine and a doll to boot. We were greeted, seated and saluted by the maître d and staff as we left. A fun, excellent time. Our reservation was for 6:30 pm and we left three hours later. We brought a St. Honore cake for her birthday from nearby Galli's Sanitary bakery. Most everyone had coffee with dessert. A fun and delicious evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- willieDined on 8/23/2014Our waitress was over the top. She has a two tone hairdo and she has one of the best personalities that I have ever come across in wait staff. She is an asset to this restaurant. They were so busy that things were held up but God!! She is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional Italian cuisinenonicknameVIPDined on 8/17/2014This is similar to some of the old San Francisco Italian restaurants of which there are very few left. That's what makes this restaurant so special! Our server, Gina, was so accommodating, professional, and friendly too! We both had the Petrale Sole and it was perfect!Special Features:
- Good foodwabash21VIPDined on 8/17/2014Overall good,the minestone soup seems very watered down, but salad very good. We had the cannoloni and salmon both very tastySpecial Features:
- Good Variety of Italian Food!MetroDiner48Dined on 8/13/2014The restaurant was like a remnant from the 70s, low lighting & dated, & might benefit from some renovation. That said, I thought the food was pretty decent & would go back if in the area. There were a lot of choices & combinations offered....all sounded great. We both had the raviolis with meat sauce & cream which was delicious!Special Features:
- Mmm-mmm-good!GrapegrowerDined on 8/13/2014Bertolucci's is a wonderful little place with some of the best 'Old World' Italian comfort dishes. The Saltimbacca was delicious as was the ravioli and meat sauce, and the New York steak...perfection. Try the Osso Busso if it's available, melt in your mouth! Cant get Italian like this anywhere in the Central Valley, now way, no how!Special Features:
- Very good dinnerLvdrinksnddinDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I along with my sister-in-law and her boyfriend ate dinner here last Saturday evening. We requested a booth on open table, but seats were ok, the waitress very friendly and the food was awesome. We have eaten here before and will again.Special Features:
- wabash21VIPDined on 8/8/2014Service and food were wonderful, I had the cannolli, and it was one of the best. All six of us were very pleased with the food.Special Features:
- 4greteatsDined on 8/5/2014Always found the food to be outstanding and great value, we go there for both special occasions and just because. I would recommend reservations because there always busy every night. One of my favorite dishes is the chicken parmesan,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceCBLTJLVIPDined on 8/2/2014Food was excellent and hot, service was good. Friendly old-time type of place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- July 2014ck94112VIPDined on 7/30/2014Had dinner with a girlfriend... as always good food, nice waiter. Will go back often.Special Features:
- Pretty GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/29/2014We made a reservation for 7pm on a Tuesday night and I'm glad I did. It was packed and we actually had to wait about 10-15 minutes for our table. I thought my salmon pasta was meh but chicken parm was well received. The crowd is older folks and the ambiance doesn't quite live up to the sweet sign that you can see from the freeway but it's not bad. Overall, I'd go again but probably not for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for a celebrationSFFoodieDined on 7/26/2014We were very pleased with our food and the service. The service was fast and efficient. The food was excellent. The event was a birthday celebration. This was a very good place for a celebration because it feels quite special. It is a beautiful room and the waiters and staff are very attentive. We will certainly choose Sodini's Bertolucci's for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodSharonVIPDined on 7/24/2014I have dined at Bertolucci's many times and have always had a wonderful meal. They are not tight with their liquor which is important since the price of a shot of liquor is $8 or more. The service is superb - such a nice staff. The food is always delicious - from their pasta dishes to their Veal Scallipine. I wish they had more than one kind of soup. They fried calamari is really good - wish they would have the tentacles instead of just rings. My family and I will continue to make Bertolucci's one of our regular dining spots.Special Features:
- An Experience to RemembernoneDined on 7/22/2014If you want a dining experience that is truly exceptional; I would highly recommend Bertolucci's for a dinner to remember.Special Features:
- mazda3Dined on 7/20/2014Cannot find any problems here. Plenty of great service, coupled with the wonderfully large amount of tasty food, and most of all, the noise level was very pleasing. Great place.Special Features:
- Good food and nice scenaryChuckDined on 7/20/2014This is a good spot for a date or a special occasion. I am Italian and from New York so Im critical when it comes to Italian food which is why I gave the food 3 stars only, but overall it is solid Italian food for the Bay Area. The staff are very nice and service is very goodSpecial Features:
- Excellent PlaceKathyDined on 7/20/2014The food was great and the service was excellent. Would recommend this place to anyone who wants great food and service.Special Features:
- Great PlaceSharonDined on 7/19/2014Service was great and food consistently good. Our family "go to" for impromptu get togethers and a business staple for out of town clients.Special Features:
- A FavoritebcorriganDined on 7/18/2014We love Bertolucci's - nice ambiance, staff is always friendly and food is great, especially the pasta.Special Features:
- ItalianLikefoodDined on 7/12/2014Italian food as it used to be; as it's supposed to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerdiningoutDined on 7/12/2014Delicious food. We were a party of 5: three of us had veal saltembocca, one had chicken parm, and the other had steak. All of our dishes were delicious with generous proportions. We loved their cuisine and bread basket with specialty breads. Our only question was that we had told reservations that this was a birthday dinner at the time we made our reservation, the greeter said, "Birthday dinner?" when our group arrived and we said Yes, but then the waitress didn't say anything about it nor did she bring any ice cream or birthday dessert at the end. We had eaten there before and thought that a complimentary dessert/ ice cream was provided for the birthday person, but perhaps that has changed?Special Features:
- Great ExperienceSFNative43Dined on 7/12/2014First visit to this restaurant. Started great with plenty of free parking. Generous drinks and very reasonably priced. New York steak was delicious. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- SuperbCupcake44Dined on 7/11/2014Best Italian food I have ever had outstanding , I had chicken parm, and my boyfriend had p. sole I will try the whole menu i will go often now ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOR GROUPS OR JUST FOR TWOMERCIDined on 7/5/2014I HAVE COME HERE FOR JUST THE TWO OF US AND ALSO HAVE HOSTED A GROUP OF 16 AND THE SERVICE HAS BEEN THE SAME. FRIENDLY, GREAT FOOD AND A LOT OF FUN. GREAT TO BRING OUT OF TOWNERS. PARKING IS PRETTY GOOD. THEY HAVE A PARKING LOT AND IF FULL, THE STREET IS PRETTY GOOD FOR PARKING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.