27 Mine Brook Rd. (Route 202)
Bernardsville, NJ 07924Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bernardsinn.com/
- Phone: 9087660002x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation Breakfast: Mon - Fri 6:30am - 10:00am, Sat 8:00am-11:00am
Sunday A La Carte Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm.
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm.
Dinner: Friday, Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm.
Dinner: Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Corey W. Heyer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Offsite catering department.
- Private Party Facilities: Three intimate private rooms with 160 person capacity along with a ballroom with 175 person capacity.
- Private Party Contact: Bonnie Schleimer 8776775343
- Entertainment: Live Piano Music Tuesday through Saturday evenings.
- Special Events: Yappy Hour-Mondays during the summer on the Terrace. Bring your dog for special treats and 1/2 price first drink for you.
A word from Bernards Inn
Two magnificent dining rooms and a warm clubby bar with Jazz Pianists are apt settings for the outstanding American cuisine of Chef Corey Heyer. The impressive wine cellar with selections from all over the world encompasses over 1,500 different labels. A six course tasting menu is available with or without wine pairings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Bernards Inn - Best Restaurants in Bernardsville ›
Bernards Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (69)romantic (58)fit for foodies (53)notable wine list (46)neighborhood gem (35)great for outdoor dining (27)great for brunch (21)vibrant bar scene (17)great for lunch (16)good for groups (12)hot spot (6)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Good Food and Great RestaurantNeoklassiksoulVIPDined on 9/10/2014On the road with work - staying at the Inn. Decided to try to restaurant and were not disappointed. Great food and excellent wine list. Good solid value for money. Would return if in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014One of the best meals in nj from quality of the meal to the ambience and service and you leave full...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLovetoTravelVIPDined on 9/3/2014As always, this restaurant is THE BEST around. The food is fantastic and cooked to perfection. They have outside seating, and a very active bar. If you have never been or if it has been awhile, you should definitely make plans to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CulinarySnobVIPDined on 8/30/2014A very nice restaurant with excellent dishes, great bread and good service. Our server, "Trevor" was outstanding and the Inn has nice ambience if you are with someone you want to talk with, and not shout to above loud piped in music. Piano bar is nice for a start, and then move to the dining room for a quiet well-served meal. Only one complaint was the dessert, which was funnel cake and ice cream was not good. Soggy pre-prepared funnel cake and the rest of the dish was poorly done. I should have sent it back, but I let it slide. All in all. a very nice place for and a very nice evening.Special Features:
- Disappointing foodDtravelerDined on 8/23/2014If service and ambiance are more important than food,then the formal restaurant at the Bernard's Inn is for you. But if it is an outstanding meal that you crave, I'm afraid the Inn falls short. Delicious gazpacho,but that was followed by mediocre soft shell crab and a disappointing overly sweet dessert . Next time, I'd like to try the more casual menu inthe bar.Special Features:
- Family night out a first time visitHoneygirlDined on 8/23/2014We were a party of three. Started our with drinks. I ordered a Cucumber Cooler which came with Gin, I requested for Vodka instead. The drink was delicious, very refreshing, not sweet. I wanted the soft shell crab appetizer but afraid it would be too much so the suggested that I could Order just one which I did and it was delicious. My pasta dish was very good a little spicy. My husband ordered the duck and son ordered the Red snapper. We were very happy without food. Nicely presented and hot. This was our first time at the Bernard's Inn but we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks awfulOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/21/2014We had previously had good food here, but this time the steak cuts were unrecognizable and over cooked. The experience was way over priced at $200 for two having just appetizers, and entree and 1 mixed drink. We will not return.
- Old World Charmkeaton7VIPDined on 8/17/2014Old world service in this historic hotel. Food, however, is very cutting edge, fresh, with interesting preparations.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014I believe in my previous life I was at the Bernards Inn. I just felt so welcome and so at home. It is a wonderful establishment!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special occasion spot!!MikeGDined on 8/10/2014Food was divine, atmosphere is an A+, service above and beyond.. If you don't mind spending $250 on dinner for 2, this is the spot!Special Features:
- Always wonderfulRitzVIPDined on 8/7/2014I just love this place. They change the menu seasonally and it's always creative and special. It has and always will be my "go to" place . Worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special dinning experienceFoodfansDined on 8/5/2014We found the food and service at Bernard's Inn exceptional! Very creative flavors and food presentation, together with the friendly and knowledgeable staff made our dinning experience special and memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as alwaysEdw123VIPDined on 8/2/2014The Bernards Inn continues to be a local treasure, with outstanding food, wine, service and ambiance. A special occasion must!Special Features:
- Always a great experienceHelenVIPDined on 8/2/2014Another delicious meal at the Bernard's Inn! Cozy, warm environs with fabulous pianist playing the song track to your life. Crispy halibut was perfectly prepared following a delicious salad of grilled stone fruits. Terri the sommelier always available with great wine selections.Special Features:
- Always Tops!letseatoutDined on 8/2/2014We have gone to the Bernards Inn on special occasions for many years. They are always a sure bet to be the right place for any special day. We were a party of two and started with the grilled lobster and shrimp appetizers and went on to the halibut and red snapper entrees. The preparation and presentation was outstanding. The Bernards Inn should be TOPS on anybody's list.Special Features:
- YUMDinerVIPDined on 7/28/2014Best halibut ever, cooked to perfection and a generous portion of this wonderful fish. Great, attentive service.Special Features:
- LuncheonwineanddineVIPDined on 7/25/2014This was an outstanding light, summer lunch: kale salad to start and their special recipe chicken salad. Their excellent wine list offered the perfect pairing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite for YearsJanSDined on 7/18/2014Whenever we want to celebrate a special occasion, we always think of the Bernards Inn. Tasting menu is always exceptional.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchLuv2returnDined on 7/18/2014Highly highly recommend. Service was beyond my expectations. Treated my bestie, whose birthday it was, like a queen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected more from formal menu.honestnoteDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I dined on Saturday evening in the formal dining room. High marks for service and atmosphere. The lobster bisque was great. Wished the menu had included some of the food shown on the website like tuna appetizers, etc. We would have like to see some type of potato or rice side dish. Our main meal lacked any type of spice, very bland. Salt and pepper were not on the table. Sometimes "fresh herbs" are not enough to flavor a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies Birthday DinnerMisterDined on 7/6/2014One of the most perfect special occasion dining spots! The Inn is so lovely, that you just know you are there to be impressed. The service is refined without being stuffy. Each course is tastier than the next. And, oh The Lobster Bisque! Must have it every time we dine here. So worth our 45-minute drive! For those who want a special treat, come during the Christmas Holiday. It almost feels enchanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five StarsLoumanVIPDined on 6/27/2014After all these years the Bernard's Inn is still a 5 Star gem. Everyone in our group of eight enjoyed their dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fabulous dining experience !snowbunnyDined on 6/27/2014Great menu choices,wine and drink choices as well The night was lovely to eat outside, with a greatly trained staff.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/27/2014Everything at The Bernards Inn is wonderful. The service, food, wine, atmosphere and the warm way you are greeted upon arrival. Always a pleasure to dine there.Special Features:
- Excellent LunchDaisyDined on 6/27/2014Always wanted to dine here so I was anticipating the dining experience and it did not disappoint. Wine and cocktail selection was varied in price and selection. We thoroughly enjoyed everything we ate. The gazpacho was devine with many levels of flavors and perfect for this time of the year. Lobster roll as well as crab cake and accompanying red cabbage slaw excellent. Service was very good while being unobtrusive. Hoping to return soon.Special Features:
- Disappointing Lobster RollPonyoVIPDined on 6/22/2014The lobster roll was very different from the typical New England style: no chucks of fresh lobster on a nicely toasted roll. The lobster meat was finely chopped and it didn't taste good. The sirloin burger was amazing though. You have to try it!Special Features:
- AmazingCrazyRaeVIPDined on 6/22/2014My family and I had breakfast at the Bernardsville Inn recently and the good and service were first class! I highly recommend this restaurant for any meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy but priceyDjb1202Dined on 6/21/2014The Bernards is a beautiful place - very classy. The service is very good - the only reason for the 4 stars instead of 5 is the dessert took a very long time and my elderly father in law became very impatient. The food is always good, but very pricey. Two of the three entrees were $48. They have an excellent selection of wine by the glass - but, again, very pricey. My delicious Ramey Vineyards chardonnay was $17.50 for six (6) ounces. It's definitely a special occasion place. They have outdoor tables which looked very enticing but unfortunately my elderly father in law does not like to sit outside. Overall a very nice dining experience.Special Features:
- A lovely placeFoodheaven10Dined on 6/20/2014A great place for a special dinner, lovely ambience, quiet if not in the bar area.weSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special night at Bernards InnAngelDined on 6/20/2014We celebrated my aunt's 95th birthday. This is a very special, elegant dining experience. Great for a special occasion restaurant.Special Features:
- Perfect dining experienceCrazyCatLadyDined on 6/16/2014Everything we had was delicious and artfully presented and the service was flawless. I had the Tuna Sashimi and the Scottish Ocean Trout and my husband had the Lobster Bisque and the Berkshire Pork Chop. For dessert, we shared the rhubarb sorbet and the special rhubarb and berry cobbler. Portions are substantial as well. This is a special occasion venue and we enjoyed it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebration!RUProfDined on 6/14/2014My wife and I were here to celebrate her birthday. The food was wonderful. Even more special was the friendly and knowledgeable attention of the waiters. It was a special meal from beginning to end.Special Features:
- ExcellentExcellentDined on 6/8/2014Quality service, attention to detail I have recommended this restaurant to all my friends and familySpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/4/2014A wonderful evening with great music from pianist Bob Egan, fabulous food, and a warm and expert staff who took care of our requests with speed and grace.Special Features:
- The following 593 reviews are from the Bernards Inn reviews archive.
- Speechless on Service!JanetDined on 5/24/2014My experience of going to the Bernardsville in always consistently the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Formal setting- welcoming staffSandyDined on 5/16/2014The service was prompt and personal; we had several servers after our order was taken; all were efficient, unobtrusive, and timely. The menu is traditional with touches of special sauces and unusual vegetables. We ordered chicken livers in pasta and poached lobster served with flourless potatoes. The sorbet we ordered for dessert is made in their kitchen and we could order any three flavor combinations. The portions are not large, but they are sized perfectly to allow room for side dishes or for dessert. Everything was fresh, well prepared, and served hot. The complimentary biscuit to start the meal and the small sweet at the conclusion were nice touches. We definitely plan to visit them again.Special Features:
- Bucket list kind of placeKittyDined on 5/13/2014Had a wonderful meal here, but the prices are too high for me to return. Portions are generous, and they bring out little freebies like an amuse buche and a tiny tray of sweets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice brunch spotSamr46Dined on 5/11/2014Set in an elegant older setting, the ambience was definitely upscale and adult. Food was good to very good. Disappointing eggs benedict but very good omelets and breakfast goodies. Nice dessert section. Some of the seafood, e.g., appeared to have been previously frozen (limp). Overall a very enjoyable experience without having to travel into the city but expensive for value received.Special Features:
- A High RatingwineanddineVIPDined on 5/9/2014Judging by what I selected from the Spring menu, the cauliflower soup and the liver and bacon, I'd certainly call this 4 1/2 star quality. I thought the ambience outstanding and the service both friendly and attentive. I dined on a less than crowed Friday, so perhaps I benefited from the attention to detail; nonetheless, I'll return. The wine list offers some great selections in two sized glasses. I thought the prices were reasonable from my expireances in some of the very best restaurants in North and Central Jersey. While they offer a great Zinfandel (my usual choice with liver and bacon), I opted for a Malbec that I thought an excellent match. Overall, this was an outstanding experince. I shall try it again this summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Night OutNjbigcatDined on 5/7/2014My BFF and I had a wonderful dinner. The food was good and the service was outstanding. The drinks were excellent and were a generous pour. When ever I get to Bernardsville I have to return!Special Features: