5405 Hwy 44
Burnside, LA 70737Neighborhood:
CajunPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bernadettesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2254739000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Cajun
- Executive Chef: Gerard Hemery
- Dress Code: Formal Attire
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bernadette's
The Robert family of Burnside, Louisiana is pleased to announce the addition of Bernadette's Restaurant, a favorite in the hearts of locals and visitors for more than 35 years.Continued
Proper attire is required at Bernadette's. Jacket optional, NO JEANS / SHORTS, T-Shirts/Tank Tops, Tennis Shoes or Hats/Caps.
Proper attire is required at Bernadette's. Jacket optional, NO JEANS / SHORTS, T-Shirts/Tank Tops, Tennis Shoes or Hats/Caps.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bernadette's reviews from OpenTable diners
- Mother-Daughter DiningNicolleDined on 8/8/2013My daughter and I truly enjoyed Bernadette's. The five course meal was perfect for "dining" which is what we love to do. Both of us were stuffed after the third course but we couldn't resist finishing off our desserts. We both enjoyed the fourth course for lunch the next day. I look forward to trying other items on the menu including the crème brulee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A REAL GEM IN THE COUNTRYTRIEDEMALLDined on 8/3/2013I HAD READ ABOUT IT,BUT NEVER HAD A GOOD TIME TO GO THERE.....TIRED OF THE BATON ROUGE RESTAURANTS...THIS PAST SATURDAY NIGHT WAS THE TIME TO GO,,,,,,WHAT A GREAT SURPRISE...WE WERE WELCOMED ON THE FRONT PORCH BY COREY.....WE WERE SEATED IN THE PARLOR AND SERVED A REFRESHING GLASS OFCHAMPAGNE....COREY GAVE US A BRIEF HISTORY OF BERNADETTE'S PRIOR TO BEING SEATED AT OUR TABLE...THIS WAS THE BEGINING OF A MOST ENJOYABLE QUIET ROMANTIC DINNER WITH MY BRIDE OF 56 YEARS...A GREAT PLACE ON SPECIAL OCCASIONS.....OH YES I WILL GO BACKSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasting menuGemlenderDined on 8/1/2013Fantastic food and service. We did the Chefs tasting menu. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A rare findBPDATEVIPDined on 7/19/2013Am unexpectedly high quality dining experience. Attention to every detail. Unusual menu items, and all tastefully prepared and beautifully presented. We plan to go again soon. Bobby and Pam WelchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bernadette's is phenominal!TravelSnobVIPDined on 7/13/2013Bernadette's is one of the best meals I've ever had. The Chef's 5 course tasting menu is a great value at $100 including 7 glasses of wine! Wonderful for a special occasion. I've been for dinner several times and it never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heaven on a plateTravelSnobVIPDined on 6/29/2013Bernadette's is one of the best dining experience that I've ever had. The five course chef's choice with wine pairings is a wonderful value at $100 per person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lasting Anniversary memoriesLALadyDined on 6/22/2013My husband and I decided to celebrate our 25th anniversary there. The waiter and the chef truly made it a marveous experience. The food was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate Fine DiningGG150Dined on 6/13/2013My wife and I very much enjoyed our dinner at Bernadette's. The food was fresh, prepared well, and the accompanying wines were well-matched. Our waiter was attentive and polite, and even rescued my jacket from my chair back where I left it after the meal. The chef made an appearance after the dessert course, and we found him very French and charming. Overall a very relaxing and enjoyable experience. Kudos, Bernadette's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerJDLAFDined on 5/31/2013Drove from Lafayette for anniversary dinner. It was worth the drive. 5 course dinner with wine pairings was excellent. The staff made us feel special. The courses just got better and better. Scallops, lemon fish, beef filet. I could barely walk out. All in all, a very memorable place and meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/18/2013A topper to my wife's birthday (week) celebrations and it was near perfect! Absolutely the most personal, intimate and attentive dining situation that one can imagine. This is as close as one can come short of hiring your own personal chef and waiter. It was very nice to dress up and feel comfortable in the environment. The food was wonderful, the service great, the atmosphere was very classy. Wine choice is very limited, more of a high end liquor bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013I've been to most of the fine restaurants in NO and the BR area. The food was very good and could hold it's own with some of the best. But the Lagniappe was how the staff attended to you. Sunday brunch. Complimentary Mimosa, gift wrapped chocolate. And to top off Mother's day a complimentary bottle of champange to my mother as we left the restaurant. First class alll the way. My mother told me she never felt so special ( she had her doubts going in). They've won me over and i'm spreading the word so this gem can continue. Need some signs on the outside becuase you're flying blind when you pull up.Special Features:
- Best meal I ever hadRussellDined on 5/11/2013I've dined at Bernadettes Restaurant twice, and it is awesome. Best food, best paired wine. We cant wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bernadette's is not what youTERRYDined on 3/17/2013Bernadette's is not what you expect to find in a location well off the beaten path. Excellent food and very good service. It is a special place to enjoy when you can afford it. . .Special Features:
- Brunch was great, lookingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2013Brunch was great, looking forward to going back for dinnerSpecial Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013I propose to my girlfriend at Bernadette's. It was a memorable moment for me and my girlfriend as the service, food and ambiance were just perfect. I called the chef to request a special and intimate place at the restaurant. Not only, did he help me with it but also at the end of our delicious dinner, he came out to congratulate us and gave us a bottle of champagne as a gift for our engagement. Best of the best!Special Features:
- My Favorite RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/27/2013This restaurant is one of my very favorites. Chef Gerauard is an outstanding chef, always comes out and greets his guest. Waiters are extremely knowledgable. Atmosphere is unique as if you went back in time. A totally French restaurant in an old southern home. They are only open on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings and for Sunday Brunch. We had a birthday celebration for 18 people for Sunday Brunch. It is a fairly small restaurant and we filled the dinning room up. Reservations are very important and may be made on-line. Go to Bernadettes Restaurant in Burnside, LA.Special Features:
- It was everything we expected,donnye62Dined on 1/25/2013It was everything we expected, and then some. It was as if we were dining in someone's private dining room; service and food outstanding. The special "gratis" treat of a special coffee drink in honor of our anniversary was such a great and unique experience, it made the evening that much more special. Thanks Gerard, the great French chef.Special Features:
- This place has the absoluteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013This place has the absolute most delicious beef wellington I have ever had. My wife and I spent our 5th anniversary dinner here..and it was one of our most notable experiences to date. Wow..Special Features:
- Fabulous!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012Excellent dining experience. Wonderful anniversary celebration!Special Features:
- First Class Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2012The whole experience was first class,from being greated at the door and escorted into the parlor for a glass of champagne to ending the evening with a flaming dessert, prepared by the chef himself. No detail was left undone. Food was excellently prepared with great presentation. Service was impecable. Your wish was their command and it showed. It was a pleasure seeing both chef and our waiter truly enjoying what they did and making it feel like they were sharing the experience with you. This should be on everyone's must do list. It was not just dining,it was an wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Compliments to the staff.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012Compliments to the staff. They make us feel special! The food is also special.Special Features:
- A Wonderful CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012Our waiter went above & beyond the call of duty. It was raining, when we arrived, & our waiter came & helped my husband get out of the car(he's on a walker), & with an umbrella over him, walked him into the restaurant. He seated us & then brought us a wonderful glass of champagne. We were celebrating our neighbors 50th Wedding Anniversary. The restaurant had low romantic lighting & was clean & quiet. Our food came out slowly so we had time to enjoy each others company & not be rushed.Our food was excellent. At the end of our delicious meal the anniversary couple were treated to a wonderful drink made especially for them by Chef Hemmery. It was a magical night & everything was perfect. We will be back!!Special Features:
- Chef Gerard and Brandon madeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2012Chef Gerard and Brandon made our dining experience a memorable experience. We brought a couple of friends that were very impressed. It is so wonderful to have such a great treat in our small community. No parking fight, didn't have to worry about whether the car would still be where we parked it. A great night!Special Features:
- Excellent!rockheadDined on 8/4/2012We had the 5 course meal w/wind selections. Would have given 5 star on food, but chef went a bit hot on the green pepercorn sausce on the meat course. Still tasted excellent, just a bit too spicey for our liking. Will definitly return soon!! Be sure to let them know when making reservation if it is a special occasion-you will not be disappointed!!Special Features:
- My Wife and I had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012My Wife and I had a wonderful dining experience. The staff and Chef made sure we had a special experience; all of the courses were very good and matched well with sauces and beverage parings. We will tell others and return in the future.Special Features:
- Exquisite fresh locally sourcesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2012Exquisite fresh locally sources food. Perfect attentive service. Fabulous five course meal with wine pairing.Special Features:
- My wife and I decided sinceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/1/2012My wife and I decided since the dinner here was so incredible, we must try the brunch. Normally brunch is over rated. Pre-cooked cooked food dried out on steam tables. The later you go, the less likelihood of you finding anything that remotely resembles fresh. That is the opposite of what you will find at Bernadette's. The eggs benedict, simple the best. The egg Bernadette prepared with jumbo lump crab meat.......incredible. Once again you hope for the best and you are never disappointed at Bernadette's. The service is on par with the food. The chef, the staff and the food are truly amazing. Thanks Bernadette's. Fresh has a new meaning at Bernadette's.Special Features:
- We recently celebrated a specialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2012We recently celebrated a special birthday and had a wonderful time. We had the five course chef's dinner with wine pairings that were spot on. The table agreed that the appetizer of diver scallop and shrimp with fresh fig reduction, and the corm and crab bisque were out of this world and collectively our favorite courses. The fig reduction really complimented the scallop. The corn and crab bisque was the best we've tasted anywhere. The dessert of profiterroles au chocolat was outstanding. They were perfect for a summer evening. The service was impeccable -- attentive, informative, yet unobtrusive. The atmosphere is cozy and romantic. Chef Girard made the occasion extra special with a tableside presentation. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- We really enjoyed our experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012We really enjoyed our experience at Bernadette's while celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. We will definitely go back. We felt as if this dinning experience was in our "top 5."Special Features:
- The definition of fine dining.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/16/2012I have been looking for a dining experience like Bernadette's for a long time. I was starting to give up. I have lived in Los Angeles, New York and Chicago. Bernandette's will rival any fine dining establishment in these cities. You can taste the freshness in every bite. The food is hand selected by the chef daily. The ambiance, the service and the food I rate 5 stars. Truly a diamond in the rough. My wife and I have found our private place to get away from it all. Thanks Bernadettes. What an experience. What a find! What a memory! Bernadette's is the definition of Fine Dining. To experience it once, will change your opinion of what you think fine dining is all about.Special Features:
- A night to remember!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012My boyfriend and I really enjoyed the warm and inviting feel of this restaurant, which is set in an old house with a wonderful nostalgic atmosphere. We were cared for by knowledgeable and attentive wait staff from the moment that we entered the door. For our meal we selected the five course dinner and the chef was even able to accommodate our request that none of the courses contain seafood. Each of the courses (appetizer, salad, lamb, beef and dessert) were chef's choice and paired with a complimentary wine that increased the already wonderful meal to heavenly levels. It was a great meal, one of the best I've ever had. I relish the thought of visiting again during the Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- Went for Mother's day. AfterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012Went for Mother's day. After seated, 5 glasses of mimosa was spilled on one of our guest, another round was almost spilled on another guest and there was a hole in the wood floor upon which anther guest had his chair tilt over. Brunch was OK, but when requesting dessert, was told they'd have to ask the chef if any was left, please note we were seated at noon. Had to wait 15-20 minutes for the ticket, as the chef had to hand write it. The guest with the spill got a free dessert, but no offer to pay for cleaning. This was our second visit, and to be fair, the first which was for dinner was very good is why we went back.
- Everything was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Everything was outstanding. We really enjoyed Mother's Day!Special Features:
- Exquisite! A magical evening,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2012Exquisite! A magical evening, guided by Brandon, our waiter, and prepared by Chef Gerard, who made sure every dish presented was beautiful in presence, and delicious to the palate. What an evening to remember!Special Features:
- i. My wife and I had our 15OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2012i. My wife and I had our 15 year anniversary dinner at Bernadette’s and we couldn’t have been happier. The service was excellent. The food was delicious, and staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. There are several options on the menu but we chose the five course meal. The staff chooses the wine pairings for each course, which was extremely helpful for my wife and me, since we are not avid wine drinkers. This option made for a very relaxing and decision free experience. The pairings went very well with each course and the staff’s knowledge and explanations made it a very enjoyable meal. The restaurant is located in a recovered building from one of the areas plantations. The staff welcomes you into the parlor while your table isSpecial Features:
- Exceptional food and wineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2012Exceptional food and wine but very expensive. Overall it was worth the money, but can't afford it very often.Special Features:
- We always enjoy our nightsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/17/2012We always enjoy our nights at Bernadette's! My wife and I love the 5 course dinner, the Chef always amazes us with his choices and presentation. We brought some friends with us to our last visit. It was their first time to experience Bernadette's and they too are now fans. BTW, the house Champagne is excellent!Special Features:
- A Wonderful ExperienceSouthLAGalVIPDined on 2/11/2012We decided to celebrate our anniversary at Bernadette's, and we were not disappointed! Since our anniversary is very close to Valentines day, we happened to be there the Saturday before Valentines day. The service was exceptional! Not a detail was missed. A harpist played beautifully in one corner, each table was set with a small rose bouquet, we were met at the door with a glass of champagne and sent off after a marvelous evening with parting gifts. My husband and I enjoy fine dining and have eaten in many excellent restaurants. The food at Bernadette's is very good, but not exceptional (although close). However, the experience cannot be beat!Special Features:
- Five Star Dining in Rural LouisianaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/11/2012This is a very special place in rural Louisiana. Excellent chef prepared five course meal with accompanying wine for each course. Having previously eaten at The Cabin, I was a bit apprehensive about the level of meal that Bernadette's was claiming to be serving. I was most pleasantly surprised. The service was very sweet and concerned with your experience. The harpist played beautiful classical music. The french-classical style meal was superb, with the best lobster bisque I have ever eaten, full of giant lump lobster meat. All-in-all this is one of my most memorable meals. If you want to blow the socks off your date, reserve a night at Bernadette's. It won't disappoint.Special Features:
- Very romantic mood. The flowersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2012Very romantic mood. The flowers I ordered were waiting on the table. It was amazing from start to finish: our waiter was waiting OUTSIDE the door for us to drive up, and offered champagne in the foyer. The food was absolutely fantastic. Probably one of the best dining experiences I have ever had, and the quality of both the food and service was worthy of a 5-star restaurant. The Chef was amazing, and the waiter was knowledgable on the food and wines. The evening was worth every single penny. Expect to drain your bank account by around $250 for the 5-course dinner for two with wine pairings, but as I sad, it is TRULY worth it. I would DEFINATELY recommend Bernadette's to everyone. Fantasic find!Special Features: