Bentley's Steak & Chop House
162 S Rancho Santa Fe Rd
Encinitas, CA 92024Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Bentley's Steak & Chop House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bentleyssteak.com/
- Phone: 7606329333
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00am
Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Javier Aranda
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bentley's can accommodate parties up to 18 and 50 in our private dining rooms and up to 100 on our patio.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Smith or Tom Fulkerson 7606329333
A word from Bentley's Steak & Chop House
The owners and management of Bentley's Steak & Chop House are dedicated to providing a high quality dining and entertainment experience in a classic steak house ambiance while serving you with a highly trained staff of professionals. We serve only the highest quality meats, seafood, produce, and other ingredients while making everything except our bakery products, which are delivered daily, fresh from scratch. We also feature one of North County's most extensive wine lists that is very progressively priced. We are confident in our ability to provide this type of product and service because of our wealth of experience in the restaurant business.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Bentley's Steak & Chop House - Best Restaurants in Encinitas ›
Bentley's Steak & Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (42)special occasion (36)neighborhood gem (32)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (16)romantic (14)great for lunch (11)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great as always!!!BillDined on 9/14/2014Celebrated my Mom's 78th birthday at one of her favorite restaurants. As always, the service was great, the food even better. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating, gave us a great table, and even presented my Mom with an unexpected birthday desert topped with a lit candle. I highly recommend Bentley's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/7/2014Great every time we dine at Bentleys. The food, the outdoor dining and staff are exceptional.Special Features:
- Food what else?GmanDined on 9/5/2014This meal was just what I expected....high quality food prepared as expected. NO surprises either way. I have yet to have a bad meal at Bentleys and will continue to give them my hard earned money. Reasonable prices for the quality.Special Features:
- So glad we visited!!!luvLaTascaDined on 9/3/2014Bentley's was recommended by a colleague of mine and boy I am glad we took his advice! My cooworker and I were visiting from out of town and both of us loved the atmosphere and our meals!! They have a good selection sure to make any diner happy and also had a very nice wine selection. Would definitely visit again and recommend to others!Special Features:
- An old favorite steakhouseSteakdinnerDined on 8/23/2014A great spot for steak, prime rib and chops. Kind of dark - usual for a steakhouse. Our server was awful on this night but not usually the case here. Server are normally nice and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemladylimeyDined on 8/20/2014We went to Bentley's for the first time on a Wednesday night & were very pleased. The patio looked lovely, but we decided to eat inside. Heavy dark wood decor which I liked. The restaurant was not at all busy, but we had a very enjoyable evening. The food was very good & the service friendly but a little slow especially considering how empty the restaurant was. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding RestaurantMarcGVIPDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I have eaten at Bentleys many times and look forward to bringing friends there. The food is always so good and the menu very broad giving us lots of choice. One of my favorites is the pork chop which is of good size and very well seasoned. The atmosphere is great. They have a very nice patio outside which is wonderful on most evenings in San Diego. They also have a great wine list and spirits list. Service is impeccable. We typically have a different server each time and they are always very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing, comfortable, tasty dinnerTuxedoTabbyDined on 8/12/2014Three of us enjoyed our special occasion dinner on the patio before sunset, very nice setting. The pace is very 'relaxed'. Alaska King crab legs with butter and a baked potato, mmmm. Crab was moist and succulent with great flavor. The others had steaks and salads. We finished off with Crème Brule and ice cream. A very nice meal. I eat gluten-free and usually have better luck at higher end restaurants. It was a bit of a struggle here, but they tried to accommodate me.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014My first try at prime rib was disappointing for 3 out of the four of us. My wife's filet mignon was perfect as always. In the past I have limited myself to filet or salmon and they have always been superb. This won't change our affection for Bentley's dining as it has outstanding overall features. I'll simply avoid the prime rib in the future.Special Features:
- luckylovers3Dined on 8/10/2014Megan was our server...terrific personality and great service. Food good,although French bread needed to be heated more... I asked for some sauce because veggies were tasteless and dry...I was shocked that I was charged $2.50 for a little Bearnaise sauce... next time I'll bring my own. aside from that we will be back..Filet was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightfully PleasingRaiderfanDined on 8/5/2014An extremely pleasurable experience all the way around. We celebrated my wife's "39th" birthday and the steak was heavenly. The service matched the name, Bentleys. the ambiance will bring us back. The price was very reasonable-gotta say, best place we've eaten in quite awhile. The only drawback were the flip flops & shorts some people wear. But this is Calif. & I"m unaware of any place with a strict dress code.Special Features:
- good but not greatvegasviceVIPDined on 8/3/2014Went to Bentley's on a Sunday night based on open table reviews for Sunday night special dinner. The filet mignon included with the $15 special was good but not great. Looked to be 4-5 ounces. mixed vegetables and mashed potatoes that came with the special were similarly good but not great. Service was not very good. Once we ordered the special, including the special $15 bottle of wine, we rarely saw the server to refill our water glasses. When the main courses were finished the server did not ask us whether we wanted coffee or dessert, but simply brought us our bill.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG fantasticEscoKatDined on 8/3/2014We have lived in Escondido for five years and let me tell you, north county is severely lacking in upscale steak places. We decided to give this place a try after finding it on Opentable. we went the back way via Del Dios, we were there in 15 minutes. We had a fantastic dinner, our meat was cooked to perfection, the sides were wonderful, Jessica, our server, was friendly, attentive and professional. They have great specials on prime rib, filet, salmon, and wine on Sunday and Monday, we will definitely be back. Thanks for a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- NLMLDined on 8/1/2014lovely dinner on the patio, great service from LisaSpecial Features:
- Prime Rib PerfectionEncinitasFoodieDined on 7/31/2014This is a great restaurant the features prime rib every night of the week. The patio is really lovely and a very nice location for quiet outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bentley's is Awesomefujin200Dined on 7/29/2014We were there for my husbands Birthday and really enjoyed everything about Bentley's the food was excellent I had Lobster and my husband had the Swordfish. Both cooked perfectly. Service was swift and friendly. Wine list was very good. We will definitely return again and again.Special Features:
- Great spot for a quiet dinnerMarcoDined on 7/27/2014Had to find a place close to home that had great food, but quiet. I found a place where I could have a conversation with people and have great service and good food. Great dinner specials and the wine was great as well.Special Features:
- Bentley'sglyn2sueVIPDined on 7/25/2014We had been wanting to try Bentleys for some time as we had heard that their burgers were good. Friday evening is when most restaurants are busy. When we arrived for our 7:00 reservation, the lovely, large patio was nearly empty as well as inside. The service was poor and the food not too much better. Never again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014It was a very nice place to have a birthday dinner for our son. The food was very good, service was good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Hamburger in Town!!GailCVIPDined on 7/22/2014Bentley's has the very best burger in the area! They also have great salads for lunch, so it is the perfect place to dine whether you are indulging or going healthy. It is a lunchtime favorite for us! Also great for outdoor dining in their gorgeous court yard.Special Features:
- HollyDined on 7/21/2014Our dining experience was especially lovely last night, eating out on the patio on such a beautiful evening. The server was very attentive and delivered refills on my husband's Coke without even being asked (that rarely happens in a restuarant !). The steaks were great ~ love the $15 Sun/Mon dinner specials ! Bravo, Bentley's !Special Features:
- 3rd Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014We arrived and the hostess congratulated us on our 3rd wedding anniversary. Then, she guided us to a nice booth in the back where it was quiet and private. The waiter was very friendly and outstanding. The food was phenomenal!!Special Features:
- Great restaurantDrVinoDined on 7/2/2014While this place was a little hard to find in the Santa Fe Shopping center because it is in the back center of the shopping center. It is not obvious from the outside and you must walk in to find it. It is situated on a very nice patio with lots of other cute shops around. We went there on Wednesday night, because that is no corkage fee night. I really like that and it will make me come back again just for that benefit. Other nights are only $15 for a corkage fee or $7.50 if you buy bottle and show receipt from the neighboring wine shop. We had filet mignon and Tournados Oscar, both were very nicely done and tasty. The spinach salad was Ok, hence a slight lowering of the food rating. The spinach was a little dry and the portion small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bentley'sSteveVIPDined on 6/28/2014Our table outside was ready when we arrived. The service was great and the food was great as always. One of our favorite placesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!GailCVIPDined on 6/18/2014Bentley's is the perfect restaurant for outdoor dining! We also think that they have the very best burgers! The service was perfect! We were celebrating birthdays and were treated to a lovely dessert. Our meal was delicious and we plan to return soon. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Find a better place than this...DbleTDined on 6/15/2014We waited for seating in the bar. Our empty cocktail glasses sat as close to the bartender as possible but she too interested in filling outside orders to bother with the people at the bar. It was Sunday Prime Rib special night but we decided to pay more and go off the menu and buy two House Cut Prime Rib dinners which was considerably more in price ($36/plate) but you would not know it by the meals we were served. Half of the meat on each plate was pure ugly fat that could not be considered edible. If you want good prime rib don't go here as you'll walk out a lot lighter in the wallet with half the meat portion of your meal pushed aside! Ugh!
- Fathers Day DinnersddivasDined on 6/15/2014Our first time eating at Bentley's and we would definitely return! The service was fantastic, the food selection was great! The kids loved their food and the adults did too! A definite keeper! The outdoor patio was full but looked lovely. We ate inside, the ambiance and energy was perfect!One note: we would have loved to be able to eat out on the patio however, open table does not have an option to eat out or inside so we didn't know that it was an option. Unfortunately, when we showed up and saw how lovely the patio was, we would have liked to sit out there but it was already fully reserved! If I would have called the restaurant directly, they would have asked and I could have opted at that moment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoydiningoutDined on 6/7/2014I had made reservations thru open table for 7:00 PM, Sat. 6/7/14. When we arrived for our reservations we were informed we were not on the list for reservations. After showing them my printed reservation from open table they seated us anyway. The food was very good, we ordered the 18 bone in rib eye, both of which was cooked perfectly. We had a shrimp appetizer to start that was also delicious. The service was quite slow. We enjoyed the meal and the restaurant and would probably give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- daricDined on 6/4/2014Wonderful setting for outdoor lunch. The food was very good, as was the service. A very good selection of items on the lunch menu.Special Features:
- Rebecca40VIPDined on 5/25/2014My husband and I really enjoy their Sunday night Roast Beef ( salmon and filet, too.) Just $15.00 and tastes delicious. We usually try to sit outside on their patio. Love it all!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceMykidsarecoolVIPDined on 5/22/2014We continue to go back to this wonderful restaurant. We can be confident when bringing guests to be served excellent food, with great service and an all around great experience each time we dine.Special Features:
- The following 214 reviews are from the Bentley's Steak & Chop House reviews archive.
- Wonderful, as always!BillDined on 5/18/2014You can't go wrong with Bentley's! I had a great, delayed by a week, Mother's Day dinner Sunday. Bentley's is one of my Mother's favorite places for a great steak dinner. Three of us had the filet mignon, while the fourth member of our party had the salmon special. As always, every thing was great. Very friendly and helpful service, great food and ambiance. I highly recommend Bentley's...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good StaffBirthdayEventsDined on 5/12/2014We celebrated a surprise birthday and the staff facilitated it perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect celebrationRaplhDined on 5/11/2014We brought the extended family for mother's day which happened t coincide with my birthday. Our server, Paul, was friendly and wonderful and attentive, I told him I didn't think he had other tables while we were there but he assured me he did. The food was delicious, I tried the filet mignon and the ribs. Every appetizer we ordered was delectable.Special Features:
- Consistently Excellent1martirDined on 5/1/2014This neighborhood restaurant on the border of Encinitas and Rancho Santa Fe has amazing appetizers, good meat and chicken and wonderful desserts! The appetizers are great to share, dont skip the Andrew's Cajun Shrimp or the Portabella Mushroom.Special Features:
- Average food outdated menuRSFTravelerVIPDined on 4/29/2014I want to like Bentley's. It's a cute place with a nice outdoor dining area and it's near where I live. But, after three tries, it just doesn't measure up well enough to be a place my family will ever return to. The steak had a funny after taste, the seared ahi tuna was fatty and half of it to tough to eat, the salad was pre-packaged grocery store quality greens, no variety and not fresh. The clam chowder is meh. We have tried several menu items and it's basically premium pricing for very average food you could get at TGI Fridays or Applebee's for half to a quarter of the Bemtley's premium price. Atmosphere is old school bar. The outdoor dining area is spacious and nestled in the shops well. Service was friendly and average.Special Features:
- Better than Ruth'sChris Steak HouseJadiDined on 4/26/2014The steaks are tastier, cheaper and you get more for the price than Ruth's Chris Steak House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great local chop house!!rememberthehorseDined on 4/21/2014Always a great meal and I love the Sunday Monday specials. 15.00 Prime Rib or Fillet Mignon!! You just cant beat that. We do Happy Hour often as well. Enjoy the Patio with the Ballons taking off across the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very mixed experienceepicurean4delightsDined on 4/20/2014Perhaps it's always a little problematic when dining out on a holiday and in this case the experience proved to be true. It was Easter Sunday and we were expecting a brunch. We were familiar with the restaurant and looking forward to their delicious food. However, it was only after we were seated that we discovered that there was no brunch. We were still within the time for Sunday brunch as described on the website, but there was nothing resembling brunch offered on the menu. 'Easter' was a dinner selection. The server was understanding and did a good job of trying to assist us. Fortunately we were able to locate another local restaurant with similar ambiance that was serving brunch so after enjoying our drink, we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2014The good was amazing! Potatoes au gratin were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.