Bentley's Steak & Chop House
162 S Rancho Santa Fe Rd
Encinitas, CA 92024Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Bentley's Steak & Chop House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bentleyssteak.com/
- Phone: (760) 632-9333
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00am
Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Javier Aranda
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bentley's can accommodate parties up to 18 and 50 in our private dining rooms and up to 100 on our patio.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Smith or Tom Fulkerson 7606329333
A word from Bentley's Steak & Chop House
The owners and management of Bentley's Steak & Chop House are dedicated to providing a high quality dining and entertainment experience in a classic steak house ambiance while serving you with a highly trained staff of professionals. We serve only the highest quality meats, seafood, produce, and other ingredients while making everything except our bakery products, which are delivered daily, fresh from scratch. We also feature one of North County's most extensive wine lists that is very progressively priced. We are confident in our ability to provide this type of product and service because of our wealth of experience in the restaurant business.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Bentley's Steak & Chop House - Best Restaurants in Encinitas ›
Bentley's Steak & Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (63)special occasion (47)neighborhood gem (44)romantic (30)notable wine list (25)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (18)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Luv2eatoutluv2eatoutDined on 11/14/2014Stopped in for my first visit as a convenient location fairly close to the theatre I was going to - Service was friendly, quick and efficient without missing anything. I had a salmon dinner that was very different than I've ever had and so delicias! The fish was perfectly cooked and the seasoning of basil and chopped mustard peppercorns outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence in the neighborhoodhoneybugDined on 11/2/2014Excellent food, wonderful service and a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodloverDined on 10/28/2014We had excellent food and service to celebrate my wife's birthday !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentEscoKatDined on 10/27/2014We had excellent service and an excellent meal only negative was there were some cackling patrons in the bar (certainly wasn't the restaurants fault) overall great mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2014Bentley's is a first class place with a wonderful menu and wine list. We had a great table on the patio. The food was excellent and the wait staff superb. I can always count on Bentley's for a wonderful evening with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014We were very pleased with the food and the service. The setting is very nice and the surroundings give a very good feeling.Special Features:
- Always great.MorobiDined on 10/19/2014Living in the general neighborhood, Bentley's has become a very convenient restaurant for us. The bar area is small, but quite nice, and the bar menu is delicious. One of my favorite places for prime rib, and my 30 year old son mentioned the salmon was excellent. Have always enjoyed the food and atmosphere, and very happy to have it so handy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- iamsamiDined on 10/19/2014Food was great, better than Donovans and was close to home. enjoyed our dinner
- angelVIPDined on 10/12/2014Reasonably priced special fixed menu and wine list on Sundays & Mondays. Good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good food.DougDined on 10/3/2014Always can count on the steak being prepared properly, tender and flavorful. Usually execellent service, but the waitress was a bit inattentive at our last visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnieVIPDined on 9/30/2014We love Bentley's and go there quite often. The food is always wonderful and the staff is so friendly. The dark wood interior, beveled glass and warm lighting make for a very cozy and romantic atmosphere. The outside patio is perfect for a warm evening--- and because it is so large, you can groups of people and still feel away from others. The bar is inviting with walls of dark wood & designer thin brick and the bar is a beautiful green slab granite. They also have a great wine selection too.Special Features:
- Great Monday night dealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2014We love going to Bentley's for the Sunday and Monday night deals. The service is outstanding, and the steak ranks high on our lists of top steaks we've had.Special Features:
- Great fine diningPhxfoodieDined on 9/26/2014With so many options to choose for restaraunt week, Bentleys stood out as a steak house that my wife and I wanted to try. Definitely didn't dissapoint with great food and solid service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experiencefoodforthoughtDined on 9/22/2014Why does a restaurant bother to participate in the "Special restaurant menu promotion", then try to seat you at the worst table in the restaurant? Isn't part of the promotion to develop return visits? It was confusing to have three menus to choose from with a waitress in a hurry to take your order before you could review the choices. The Prime Rib was so thin, it must have been cut with a razor and the plate included plenty of vegetables just to fill the plate. A $15.00 bottle of wine was offered. We were told that the Red wine was a Cabernet, when in fact it was a red table wine. Not bad wine for the price but misrepresented. Our waitress was not overly friendly either.Special Features:
- Excellent Hidden GemTomasldoDined on 9/21/2014Excellent spot for a great meal alone or with friends. The New York was perfect and the house jous was fantastic. My wife had the filet mignon and was very happy. Actually, for a just a taste of steak the filet is better (imagine that). The veggies were steamed, not drowned in butter, the home scalloped potatoes made my wife wish she had ordered them. Dessert spoiled us, the Malbec quenched us, and the service impressed us. We have already planned another meal.Special Features:
- Great ambiance and serviceJohnNDined on 9/21/2014I would go back again. Great food and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatPatHDined on 9/17/2014Went for dinner and had their signature prime rib. Ordered it medium rare and it came just as ordered. My husband ordered the Chicago Rib Eye and it was delicious. Also ordered the mushrooms & onions and the asparagus as the side dishes. The food was very good and we would definitely recommend Bentley's for meat lovers. It's a neighborhood gem for sure.Special Features:
- Great as always!!!BillDined on 9/14/2014Celebrated my Mom's 78th birthday at one of her favorite restaurants. As always, the service was great, the food even better. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating, gave us a great table, and even presented my Mom with an unexpected birthday desert topped with a lit candle. I highly recommend Bentley's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/7/2014Great every time we dine at Bentleys. The food, the outdoor dining and staff are exceptional.Special Features:
- Food what else?GmanDined on 9/5/2014This meal was just what I expected....high quality food prepared as expected. NO surprises either way. I have yet to have a bad meal at Bentleys and will continue to give them my hard earned money. Reasonable prices for the quality.Special Features:
- So glad we visited!!!luvLaTascaDined on 9/3/2014Bentley's was recommended by a colleague of mine and boy I am glad we took his advice! My cooworker and I were visiting from out of town and both of us loved the atmosphere and our meals!! They have a good selection sure to make any diner happy and also had a very nice wine selection. Would definitely visit again and recommend to others!Special Features:
- An old favorite steakhouseSteakdinnerDined on 8/23/2014A great spot for steak, prime rib and chops. Kind of dark - usual for a steakhouse. Our server was awful on this night but not usually the case here. Server are normally nice and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemladylimeyDined on 8/20/2014We went to Bentley's for the first time on a Wednesday night & were very pleased. The patio looked lovely, but we decided to eat inside. Heavy dark wood decor which I liked. The restaurant was not at all busy, but we had a very enjoyable evening. The food was very good & the service friendly but a little slow especially considering how empty the restaurant was. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding RestaurantMarcGVIPDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I have eaten at Bentleys many times and look forward to bringing friends there. The food is always so good and the menu very broad giving us lots of choice. One of my favorites is the pork chop which is of good size and very well seasoned. The atmosphere is great. They have a very nice patio outside which is wonderful on most evenings in San Diego. They also have a great wine list and spirits list. Service is impeccable. We typically have a different server each time and they are always very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing, comfortable, tasty dinnerTuxedoTabbyDined on 8/12/2014Three of us enjoyed our special occasion dinner on the patio before sunset, very nice setting. The pace is very 'relaxed'. Alaska King crab legs with butter and a baked potato, mmmm. Crab was moist and succulent with great flavor. The others had steaks and salads. We finished off with Crème Brule and ice cream. A very nice meal. I eat gluten-free and usually have better luck at higher end restaurants. It was a bit of a struggle here, but they tried to accommodate me.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014My first try at prime rib was disappointing for 3 out of the four of us. My wife's filet mignon was perfect as always. In the past I have limited myself to filet or salmon and they have always been superb. This won't change our affection for Bentley's dining as it has outstanding overall features. I'll simply avoid the prime rib in the future.Special Features:
- luckylovers3Dined on 8/10/2014Megan was our server...terrific personality and great service. Food good,although French bread needed to be heated more... I asked for some sauce because veggies were tasteless and dry...I was shocked that I was charged $2.50 for a little Bearnaise sauce... next time I'll bring my own. aside from that we will be back..Filet was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightfully PleasingRaiderfanDined on 8/5/2014An extremely pleasurable experience all the way around. We celebrated my wife's "39th" birthday and the steak was heavenly. The service matched the name, Bentleys. the ambiance will bring us back. The price was very reasonable-gotta say, best place we've eaten in quite awhile. The only drawback were the flip flops & shorts some people wear. But this is Calif. & I"m unaware of any place with a strict dress code.Special Features:
- good but not greatvegasviceVIPDined on 8/3/2014Went to Bentley's on a Sunday night based on open table reviews for Sunday night special dinner. The filet mignon included with the $15 special was good but not great. Looked to be 4-5 ounces. mixed vegetables and mashed potatoes that came with the special were similarly good but not great. Service was not very good. Once we ordered the special, including the special $15 bottle of wine, we rarely saw the server to refill our water glasses. When the main courses were finished the server did not ask us whether we wanted coffee or dessert, but simply brought us our bill.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG fantasticEscoKatDined on 8/3/2014We have lived in Escondido for five years and let me tell you, north county is severely lacking in upscale steak places. We decided to give this place a try after finding it on Opentable. we went the back way via Del Dios, we were there in 15 minutes. We had a fantastic dinner, our meat was cooked to perfection, the sides were wonderful, Jessica, our server, was friendly, attentive and professional. They have great specials on prime rib, filet, salmon, and wine on Sunday and Monday, we will definitely be back. Thanks for a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- NLMLDined on 8/1/2014lovely dinner on the patio, great service from LisaSpecial Features:
- Prime Rib PerfectionEncinitasFoodieVIPDined on 7/31/2014This is a great restaurant the features prime rib every night of the week. The patio is really lovely and a very nice location for quiet outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bentley's is Awesomefujin200Dined on 7/29/2014We were there for my husbands Birthday and really enjoyed everything about Bentley's the food was excellent I had Lobster and my husband had the Swordfish. Both cooked perfectly. Service was swift and friendly. Wine list was very good. We will definitely return again and again.Special Features:
- Great spot for a quiet dinnerMarcoDined on 7/27/2014Had to find a place close to home that had great food, but quiet. I found a place where I could have a conversation with people and have great service and good food. Great dinner specials and the wine was great as well.Special Features:
- Bentley'sglyn2sueVIPDined on 7/25/2014We had been wanting to try Bentleys for some time as we had heard that their burgers were good. Friday evening is when most restaurants are busy. When we arrived for our 7:00 reservation, the lovely, large patio was nearly empty as well as inside. The service was poor and the food not too much better. Never again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014It was a very nice place to have a birthday dinner for our son. The food was very good, service was good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 226 reviews are from the Bentley's Steak & Chop House reviews archive.
- Best Hamburger in Town!!GailCVIPDined on 7/22/2014Bentley's has the very best burger in the area! They also have great salads for lunch, so it is the perfect place to dine whether you are indulging or going healthy. It is a lunchtime favorite for us! Also great for outdoor dining in their gorgeous court yard.Special Features:
- HollyDined on 7/21/2014Our dining experience was especially lovely last night, eating out on the patio on such a beautiful evening. The server was very attentive and delivered refills on my husband's Coke without even being asked (that rarely happens in a restuarant !). The steaks were great ~ love the $15 Sun/Mon dinner specials ! Bravo, Bentley's !Special Features:
- 3rd Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014We arrived and the hostess congratulated us on our 3rd wedding anniversary. Then, she guided us to a nice booth in the back where it was quiet and private. The waiter was very friendly and outstanding. The food was phenomenal!!Special Features:
- Great restaurantDrVinoDined on 7/2/2014While this place was a little hard to find in the Santa Fe Shopping center because it is in the back center of the shopping center. It is not obvious from the outside and you must walk in to find it. It is situated on a very nice patio with lots of other cute shops around. We went there on Wednesday night, because that is no corkage fee night. I really like that and it will make me come back again just for that benefit. Other nights are only $15 for a corkage fee or $7.50 if you buy bottle and show receipt from the neighboring wine shop. We had filet mignon and Tournados Oscar, both were very nicely done and tasty. The spinach salad was Ok, hence a slight lowering of the food rating. The spinach was a little dry and the portion small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.