Bentley's Grill - The Grand Hotel in Salem
291 Liberty Street SE
Salem, OR 97301Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
Bentley's Grill - The Grand Hotel in Salem
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bentleysgrill.com/
- Phone: 5037791660
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Derek Ridgway
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Bentley's Grill is proud to be the exclusive caterer for the Grand Hotel in Salem. Our beautifully appointed private event spaces are perfect for wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, graduation parties, or a smaller corporate event.
- Private Party Contact: Soraida Cross 8883386469
A word from Bentley's Grill - The Grand Hotel in Salem
Bentley's Grill offers comfortable fine dining in an elegant atmosphere in the heart of downtown Salem. The menu features Northwest ingredients with items to include fresh seasonal seafood, artfully presented salads or a choice steak like our Filet Mignon served with a Forest Mushroom Demi Glace. Our show kitchen offers an opportunity to see our chefs at work. Service is friendly and knowledgeable, serving clientele ranging from professionals to families with children. Bentley's lounge and wine bar is an incredible place to unwind from a busy day or to relax in the company of friends. Our bar features the Willamette Valley's largest array of premium liquors. Bentley's wine bar has a state of the art wine-keeper using nitrogen to keep open wine bottles fresh and oxygen free, and over 40 wines by the glass and 200 by the bottle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bentley's Grill - The Grand Hotel in Salem - Best Restaurants in Salem ›
Bentley's Grill - The Grand Hotel in Salem reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (21)good for groups (15)notable wine list (14)romantic (13)fit for foodies (8)great for lunch (6)late-night find (4)neighborhood gem (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A Great Place To Eat In SalemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014THE SERVICE WAS AMAZING! Our waitress was very tentative to our table without stopping by our too much. My girlfriend and I both had a glass of wine and the Korean wraps for an appetizer. They were good but I don't think I would order them again. I had the New York steak and it was cooked perfectly. My girlfriend had the Oregon rock-fish with risotto. The fish was cooked perfectly but the risotto was was way under cooked. The waitress was great about getting her a new batch but I do not think the cook knew how to cook risotto. It was cooked through the second time but it was more like rice than a creamy risotto. We then ordered two desserts and an after dinner drink. Loved the restaurant it is a gem in Salem. We will back again.Special Features:
- Bentley's in SeptemberKiwiDined on 9/26/2014The dining experience was great. The food was excellent and the service was superb.Special Features:
- 9_7EBMADined on 9/7/2014Waitress was great but food delivery was slower than normal. New York steak was lower quality than have experienced in the pastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for groupsspitelobsterDined on 9/6/2014made my reservation for a party of 6 and had no trouble getting in, although mostly due to few other patrons in the restaurant. Menu was not extensive but had multiple different delicious sounding options, more than enough for everyones taste. Prices were high for food received but overall the tastes and experience were positive. great place to go for a special dinner or occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience2dineoutDined on 9/3/2014Very easy to make reservation on line. This was a birthday celebration for my daughter and the steelhead special and the porkchop dinner were both excellent. Area we sat in by the windows was quiet but not all of the restaurant is that quiet. I forgot the birthday coupon but were given the free dessert for my daughter anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jclafDined on 8/30/2014Pretty average food at fine dining prices. Wouldn't take much for them to step it up a bit and make the meals a little more memorable. Our service was excellent, and the main course's were good but they could do much better with the side dishes.Special Features:
- delightfulmarymo362Dined on 8/26/2014Bentley's Grill is our go-to with visiting family and friends. The food is consistently well-mass, pled beautifully and diverse menu. Service...great! Really pretty restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but4xforeDined on 8/24/2014When asked if you want soup or salad, one could assume it came with the dinner. Then to get charged $5.95 for a little salad, you should let people know it costs extra .I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoporDined on 8/23/2014We took my mother there for her 87th birthday. I made reservations via internet the day before and requested a booth by the window. We were seated promptly in the requested seating area without any questions or delay. The host and server were very pleasant and attentive. The meal was excellent. It was a nice place to take my mother for her birthday and she enjoyed it thoroughly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodgirlieDined on 8/1/2014The people were nice, the food was good and it was a quiet place to have a girls lunch.Special Features:
- Excellent!mamadreschDined on 7/15/2014We chose Bentley's for our 25th anniversay dinner with our immediate family. The service was outstanding and the food was great. We will definitely go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were looking for excellent foodFriendsvisitDined on 7/5/2014While the atmosphere was good, the cost/benefit of the dinner was not there. The New York steaks were so-so with a price that indicated that they were great. The recommended wine was awful - too dry and acidic. While the food was acceptable, it was not worth the price. We had visitors for the 4th of July weekend and hoped to take them to a good restaurant, but it did not work that way. Very disappointed.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerNickelDined on 6/29/2014Special occasion, nice place (we'd been there before). Salad just OK, but steak and chicken both very well done, as were garlic mashed potatoes and veggies. Dessert was way super I'd tell you what it was, but I can't spell it. Let's say chocolate, with raspberry and hazelnut sauce on the side. Waitress did a terrific job, friendly, positive, didn't interrupt but kept the water full and was fun to work with. Some other guests were noisy, but the place itself is quiet - music not too loud, but there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best in SalemfoodloversDined on 6/19/2014Even though it is several miles' drive from our home in Dallas, Oregon, we have more than once selected Bentley's Grill for our anniversary dinner, as we did last Thursday. It has a great atmosphere, the service is prompt, polite, and attentive; and the food, we believe, is excellent. We moved to Dallas from Denver, Colorado, where there are many excellent restaurants, including some high quality steak houses from which to choose. We would put Bentley's right up with the best in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine and good food tooLauraGDined on 6/17/2014We particularly enjoyed the wine flights. There was one from Van Duzer the week we were there that we enjoyed so much that when we visited the winery we joined their wine club. The food and service were very good too.Special Features:
- ScotchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014They have a better than average list of scotches, but they are served in a clunky small thick water glass. While their impressive list of wines are served in quality stemware.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food & Great Serviceluv2eatDined on 6/12/2014Our family went for a birthday celebration. The food was wonderful. The NY steak with bluecheese sauce, the butternut ravioli, and the seafood chowder were the favorites. To top off the mal they surprised the birthday guest with a lovely chocolate lava cake - yum.Special Features:
- Friendly; casual but upscaleAregularguyDined on 6/12/2014Specialty cocktail was outstanding; accommodations for large party was handled well; staff was very attentive (including finding me at the table to return my cap from the bar); food selection was good and OK, not outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 335 reviews are from the Bentley's Grill - The Grand Hotel in Salem reviews archive.
- EBMADined on 5/31/2014Once again an outstanding dinner. Including sitting areas that don't require going up stairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YellowCatDined on 5/24/2014We are from Southern California and had dined at Bently's in the past. This time we had a 7 p.m. reservation, a table of four. Two were meat eaters, and two for fish. We were quite pleased with the food. All specially prepared. Perfectly seasoned, sauces were carefully poured and did not overwhelm the fish or meat. The dinning area is close to the bar but not too noisy. We were given a booth that made it seem more intimate. The service was good. Our server was able to handle a trooublesome diner in a professional manner. The wine list contained a respectable range of selections. We were able to find the right pairings to go with the entrée.Special Features:
- FoodFrankieDined on 5/16/2014Service was great. Girl that assisted my girlfriend and I was great. My asked for a bistro steak "well done" and came back pink. Girl was amazing in bringing me back the correct order. But mashed potatoes weren't the best. For a first time there food was disappointing.
- Anniversary Dinner855moonflowerDined on 5/14/2014Went to Bentley's because we received an email coupon for our anniversary and had never tried their dinner offerings. The food presentation was very nice as were all service staff. We didn't feel rushed and the food came in a good time. Wine and specialty drinks seemed somewhat limited, as some of us like suggestions! We liked the ambiance and general appearance of the dining room. It was classy without being snobby. Will definitely try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014The atmosphere, the waitress, and the food was excellent. Mother's Day was special for my Mom at Bentley's. I appreciated the free dessert coupon from the manager for making reservations through Open Table.Special Features:
- good service, good ambienceLoaferDined on 5/11/2014My wife and I had dinner at Bentley's Grill for Mother's Day. The ambiance was good, it felt like I was eating in an old club restaurant. It was not to noisy and we were able to have a decent conversation with out having to raise our voices. The service was good as well. The waiters were attentive and were quick on picking up dishes after we were done eating. I ordered the half lobster and my wife ordered the Prim Rib. The lobster was obviously been frozen...it was a bit chewy but still had great taste. The vegetables tasted good and not over cooked. My wife's Prime Rib came out just the way she liked it, however, there was so much fat in the meat that she only got about six bites out of it. The waitress comp'd her meal.Special Features:
- Had the taste buds tingling!PastaEnthusiast14Dined on 5/10/2014I went with a group of 7 of my friends who all agreed that Bentley's was all around a place that we would be be attending again, for multiple different occasions. From the delicious ravioli to the charismatic and efficient service, this restaurant made for a fantastic evening. Definitely worth a 5 star rating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prom Nightsmether25Dined on 4/26/2014My son & his girlfriend went to Bentley's for dinner. They both loved the service & the food. My son ordered Filet Mignon and said it was AMAZING! I've been there a couple times for Happy Hour drinks and food, the atmosphere is great.Special Features:
- Enjoyable evening with friendsBentelyEnjoymentDined on 4/26/2014We had never eaten at Bentley's Grill but were meeting friends for dinner and Salem was halfway between our houses. The atmosphere was very nice, the service excellent and the food good with suitable portions. I started with the clam chowder, followed by the crusted halibut and finished with the currant bread pudding. My wife had the salmon. Both fish dinners were excellent, flavorful and cooked just right. The clam chowder was a little uninspiring, as was the bread pudding, however.Special Features:
- Good range of food optionsBeachcomberVIPDined on 4/4/2014Good range of food options from locally sourced dishes to pizzas. The wine flights were a great option to try several outstanding local wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savory Salem SpotTheGloveDined on 3/26/2014We originally stopped for a late snack after a concert.... The ambience and wait staff got our attention and we ended up having dinner anyway! She had a salad, and I had a burger, but then the creme brûlée was calling, so we obliged! Everything was wonderful ... and we were staying another night ... so --- We went back! The combination of subtle flavors in the Butternut/Gorgonzola Ravioli were exquisite! The Black Angus New York Strip was perfectly turned and amazingly tender. We finished with Chocolate Mosaic Torte with fudge and caramel layers over creme Anglaise and raspberry sauce. The waIt staff were friendly, attentive, and nothing escaped their attention.... If you wish to pamper your taste buds -- then beat a path to Bentley's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We travelled to Salem to visitMandDDined on 3/21/2014We travelled to Salem to visit some client friends, and we arrived late! We found Bentley's via internet, and were grateful for the late hours they are open, and the menu online inspired us to try them out! The ambiance, food, and service all made the evening a wonderful start to our Oregon trip. The potsticker sauce was delicious, and the pork chops with bourbon BBQ glaze was wonderful. The herbed butter with fresh bread was an excellent accompaniment, thank you!Special Features:
- Good food for special occasionsEllie89Dined on 3/17/2014We enjoy eating here occasionally as the price is a little high for regular dining. We often come for corned beef and cabbage on St. Patty's day as it's one of the better places we've found for that meal. Unfortunately, the corned beef was a fatter cut this year, so not as good as prior years. The restaurant is a loud, so it's not the place to go for a quiet meal, but it's a fun place to go once in a while. Great service and I recommend sitting by the fire pit. They definitely make it a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DinnerjbitowDined on 3/7/2014We were in town for the weekend and was looking for a place to eat. Did a search online and found Bentley's Grill. What a thrill to find such a great place to eat! I would highly recommend Bentley's Grill for a great mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy a wonderful lunch withDaisydo1Dined on 3/4/2014Enjoy a wonderful lunch with friends. The food was beautifully presented and delicious. The service was quick but not rushed. The restaurant is beautiful. We had an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversarydihughesVIPDined on 3/1/2014My wife and I celebrated 29 years of wedded bliss (Ouch, she made me say that) and Salem is a midway point for my daughters in Corvallis and Monmouth. We made a last minute reservation change which was greeted with would 730 work better for you. I always enjoy when a restaurant is flexible and accommodating. We were promptly seated at a long table in an alcove away from the kitchen. It was quite quiet and made conversation easy. We sampled several of the appetizers and particularly enjoyed the Korean chicken lettuce wraps. Entrees included New York strip excellently prepared with a nice char and correct doneness. My daughter had the scallops and the MIL had the pork chop.All the food was very good and our server Kristen was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, better serviceThreedinersDined on 3/1/2014The food was neither remarkable nor disappointing, but the waitress was very good and provided great service. Clearly a better experience than I typically expect from a hotel restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special night for wife's birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014Had a wonderful evening celebrating my wife's birthday wit great food, wine, atmosphere and service. Thank Bentley's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's the Wine?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Had never been to Bentley's before, and decided to take my honey there for Valentine's Day. Ordering wine at dinner. we ordered, let's say, wine #1. Ten minutes later we were told they were out of that wine. Ok, that happens, so we asked for a bottle of wine #2. Ten minutes later, we were informed that they were out of that wine also. We have now been there 20 minutes plus, and still searching for a wine. We fiinally got a bottle of wine #3, after another wait. When the bill arrived, I noticed that wine #1 did not appear on it, but both Wine #2 and wine #3 were listed. They do seem to have a problem with the wines. I will return, just to see if my visit was a fluky one or not, and give them another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely be going backjosayDined on 2/14/2014Will definitely be going back agsin sometime soon. Drinks were perfect. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best!!BigbirdDined on 2/14/2014I really enjoyed the experience, from the moment I walked in they didn't make me wait and greeted me with a smile and my name,the food was great and so was the wine selections !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special celebrationLackey4Dined on 2/14/2014Great food and great service is exactly what we were hoping for. Bentley's is wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.