Benny's Steak and Seafood
2 W. Independendt drive Ste. 175
Jacksonville, FL 32202Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
Benny's Steak and Seafood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bennyssteakandseafood.com/
- Phone: 904-301-1014
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Continental
- Executive Chef: Benny Yousefzadeh
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Benny's has many events that we are part of here at The Jacksonville Landing. Such events include New Years, Valentines Day, July 4th, Country Music Festival, Florida/Georgia, the lighting of the Christmas tree and the light boat parade to name a few.
- Cross Street: Laura
- Public Transit: The City of Jacksonville offers a bus stop in front of The Landing. You may also choose to arrive here by monorail, water taxi or trolley.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: You may park at the Jacksonville Landing parking lot or at the parking meters located on the streets in front of The Jacksonville Landing.
A word from Benny's Steak and Seafood
Benny’s Steak and Seafood is located on the waterfront of the St. Johns river. Benny's is known for it's delicious seafood and steaks. Come try our Filet Christian Steak or our Chef Seabass. We also appeal to our pasta lovers as well with our pasta selections. Come in for a couples romantic dinner or bring the whole family and let the children select from our kid friendly children’s menu. Benny’s also offers two full service bars, one located inside and the other located outside on our beautiful waterfront patio. Come join us for happy hour right off your boat or join us for a drink before your nightly event. Benny’s Steak and Seafood has a great lunch menu to please you. We offer $8.95 lunches, including your soft beverage. If you are looking to book a large party, look no more. Benny's specializes in wedding rehearsal dinners, graduation and birthday parties. Whatever your reason for dining, Benny’s steak and seafood is your right choice.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Benny's Steak and Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
- They cancelled my reservation .....RickDined on 11/21/2012Cancelled my reservation because they decided to close early that evening.
- Nice ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 10/30/2012I cater to OpenTable restaurants as well a good review or ratings from colleagues, friends and family member. I must say Benny's was up there on everyone's places to dine in JaX. For me, well... the view was spectacular my dinner fell short of expectations. It was a chilly night so we did not sit outside and neither did any of the other patrons. I ordered the sparking wine and received a chardonnay. Of course I sent it back The escargots on a pastry was pretty good. My waiter looked like he spent the night in a casino and was on his way back to get his fix as soon as I finished eating. I decided on the delmonico, it was totally seasoned and flavorful but it was like chewing on a piece of leather. I paid extra for spinach (because I
- My wife and I have eaten thereScargoDined on 10/20/2012My wife and I have eaten there two-three times a year. The food has always been excellent and service outstanding. If you'rre attending a concert at the Jacksonville Landing, this is the place to eat.Special Features:
- Very good spot to meet collegueshhidineVIPDined on 9/24/2012Very good spot to meet collegues for lunch on the Landing in Jacksonville!Special Features:
- Think twiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2012The food was sub-par but costly. We paid for the convenience of being able to walk from our hotel to the restaurant, but I would not recommend this restaurant nor would I go back. You do not get what you pay for.Special Features:
- Very nice view of downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/3/2012Very nice view of downtown riverfront. Very good mussel appetizer. Fish dishes were somewhat heavy and oil sodden. Flavors did not come through well. Our lunch experiences had been better. Decent wine list. Very good service.
- As always, the food was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2012As always, the food was excellent and service was great. We were celebrating my birthday, and we were not rushed at all. Thanks again for another outstanding dining experience.Special Features:
- Great service and awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2012Great service and awesome view. Food was very good but I wasn't blown away for the price of it. My husband had the filet special with blue crab and shrimp topping. The steak was excellent, but the topping was so so. For $44 I expected it to be mind blowing.Special Features:
- Sweet 16 Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2012It was my God Daughter's 16th birthday, and they went above and beyond to make her birthday special. Great staff, we had a wonderful experienceSpecial Features:
- Very pleasant spot with aOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/12/2012Very pleasant spot with a beautiful view right on the river and very generous portions. This was our first visit. The hot seafood dip and fresh bread loaf were delicious. The waitress was very friendly but uninformed of the free parking promotional which caused us problems later on in the parking lot. The decor is simple but nice, the table had a problem with the moisture from the drinks which made the table wet and was not kept up with. The scallops were enormous but slightly undercooked. My jambalaya was delicious but enough to feed 3 people. I would consider returning but definitely not for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Food was super. Service fromOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2012Food was super. Service from our waitress, Belinda, was great. It’s too expensive to make a regular stop. There were only 4 of us, we only had drinks and appetizers and the bill was over $100 .Special Features:
- Wait staff must have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/26/2012Wait staff must have been new--slow and somewhat forgetful (x2). Food was goodj staff friendly.Special Features:
- This was our 2nd time dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2012This was our 2nd time dinning at Benny's, we were there for New years Eve with Freinds and had a great time. This visit was the same experince.. We came for our anniversary they meet all our request for table, time, everything was perfect!!!! Service was wonderful our server meet our needs without hovering around and we were not rushed. Food was wonderful starters shrimp cocktail 5 stars, main entree'- DH - Grouper with crab-cake with shrimp and scallops 4 stars ( Dh found several bones not enough to ruin the meal but was a concern, Myself - Broiled crab cake, shrimp and scallops, 5 Stars - we shared a chocolate dessert forgot the name but it was really really wonderful 5 stars. Thanks for a great evening and memory.!!!:)Special Features:
- The food was great, the fishOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2012The food was great, the fish was caught fresh from Mayport.Special Features:
- Still a great night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012My wife and I choose this place for our anniversary dinner Saturday night (4/28). Sitting outside on the water front was very nice. However, service was slow. Best way to put it was if you sitting out on the water front area kinda feel neglected from the staff! Food was amazing as always. Martinis where awesome. Still would recomend this place for any date night, however we will probably sit inside next time!Special Features:
- Great location in the JacksonvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/27/2012Great location in the Jacksonville Landing, but not much great about it beyond the location and view of the river. The food was average and the service, although attentive, was impersonal in insincere.Special Features:
- Met up with family membersOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2012Met up with family members and had an awesome waiter and great time!Special Features:
- We watched the Blessing ofDanaVIPDined on 4/1/2012We watched the Blessing of the Fleet from our table- very cool! Best view ever!Special Features:
- We had been to Benny's previouslyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012We had been to Benny's previously and recommended to our friends that we have dinner there prior to attending the Jersey Boy's concert at the Times-Union Center. We weren't disappointed with our dining experience and the close proximity to the concert made our visit to the Landing very enjoyable. We won't hesitate to come back to Benny's again and we'll recommend to all our friends.Special Features:
- Great venue for before orOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/25/2012Great venue for before or after theater events. Although they had an unexpected large turnout of guests they handled things well and food was delicious. Our server did a great job.Special Features:
- Benny's Steak and SeafoodShepVIPDined on 3/14/2012Benny's Steak and Seafood is the most underated restaurant in Jacksonville. Great food, view of the river, and excellant service from our favorite waiter Johnny. Great place for dinner before any event at the Moran Theater as you are within walking distance. Benny's is the only fine dinning open on Sunday near the Florida Theatre or Moran Theater. I have never had a bad experience in my 40 some dinning's with Benny's. The Landings in Jacksonville needs valet parking 7 days a week, or a direct entrance to the parking lot across the street without driving 5 blocks on one way streets to get 50 yards.Special Features:
- Dinner and ShowOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2012Was not impressed with the waiter (could have been more personable). We don't mind paying $$$ for a nice dinner but this was nothing to write home about! Also, I'm sure most people were there because of the show that was playing at the Moran Theater, with that in mind, a good wait staff would have told us we needed to have our parking ticket validated. Your dinner receipt isn't good enough, therefore your parking is not free.
- Awful!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/18/2012This was the 2nd time in a about a month. First time we sat waiting for at least water for 10 min weren't even acknowledged. This time same thing servers and waiters just walked by and looked and kept walking and both times a table would be seated after us and they would get water, drinks and appetizers. Funny 1rst time an employee Eddie noticed we had been sitting there and be waited on us, that time it was my birthday day, awful but he turned it around. This time same waiter saw us and actually remembered us and immediately served us. He won't be there anymore which is a shame and we WILL NOT recommend then EVER. Food is ok not great..
- Best kept secret!Cdb1115Dined on 2/12/2012The food here is always fresh and ample. Service is always excellent. The view is incredible and so is the ambiance. I have never been disappointed with any meal I order - especially the chicken dishes. I broke from tradition of ordering different chicken dishes and had seafood this time, and it was equally delicious. I think this place is Jacksonville's best kept secret!Special Features:
- First, the good: we had aOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/31/2012First, the good: we had a group of 8 women who were attending a concert, and everyone loved their food. We ordered different items but everyone agreed that the food was marvelous. The bad news: our waiter made two mistakes that cost us $20. We asked if he would validate our parking,he acted snooty about it and said no, we had to have ordered $30 worth of food. Well, 7 of us ordered around $25 each and one had ordered over $30. This was very annoying since he still had an attitude when we pointed this out. One member had some sort of credit/discount for $10 that he said he'd add and never did. He brought back the supposedly validated ticket-the parking the attendant couldn't take it as it was done wrong, another $10 "mistake".Special Features:
- Good food, but room for improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/14/2012View of the river was lovely. However, our table was in front of double glass doors that weren't being used. The handles on the doors were exactly at my eye level giving me a somewhat obstructed view. The portions were too large, contibuting to our nation's obesity epidemic. I would rather have a smaller portion. My filet mignon wasn't cooked correctly - I requested Med and it was Med Rare - warm red center. I typically expect that and request my steak done more than I really want so it works out. The potatoes were described as whipped, but didn't appear to be. Looked like they were scooped with ice cream scoop. Food was warm, not hot. Overall the food had great flavor, but there is room to improve. I would eat there again.Special Features:
- Don't make an Open Table reservatioOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/8/2012Don't make an Open Table reservation at this restaurant, they will try to deny you your points and put the blame elsewhere!
- The food was mediocre. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/7/2012The food was mediocre. We had a salmon appetizer that was good. Our Caesar salad was drenched with dressing. The Delmonico steak I ordered was of Longhorn's quality but my wife really liked her coconut crusted (some kind of white fish) fish. The drinks were weak. However, the view is great at night with the city lit up, between two lighted bridges and next to the river. Our waiter was good and responsive. All in all it is just not worth the money. I'd rather go to the Chart House, RCBC or Ruth Chris across the river.Special Features:
- Blanche R. Coleman Pres. A. GoodmanOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/18/2011This restaurant is definitely one of Jacksonville's best kept secrets. The food, view and ambiance are all "excellent". Intimate dining at its best!Special Features:
- The food here is amazing andCdb1115Dined on 12/11/2011The food here is amazing and you get substantial portions as well. My friend and I tried two different chicken entrees since we both couldn't decide between the two, and we had plenty to split between each other. The view is fantastic and the service was great. All the wait staff and the hostess were friendly and accomodating. This is one restaurant that I will come back to again and again.Special Features:
- This is a great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/8/2011This is a great restaurant and the wait staff is always on point. They know what to recommend and the ambiance is wonderful. The kitchen staff also has their business in order. I've never had one issue when dining whether they were packed or not. I definitely recommend visiting often.Special Features:
- Best of the BestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/30/2011I have never been disappointed with Benny's Seafood and Steaks. The food is amazing, the service is the best and the waitress & waiters are so friendly. We love to go there, just the two of us or with our family. Great place to sit, relax and enjoy the view.Special Features:
- Must go in downtown Jax!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/27/2011I made a reservation for 8 on a Sunday afternoon... Over 15 people actually showed up and Benny's quickly accommodated everyone. The server was prompt and attentive. The food outstanding! Everyone enjoyed their selections. This is a must go in downtown Jax!Special Features:
- This is a very classy restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/4/2011This is a very classy restaurant. I enjoyed the food and the service. The location is awesome. The presentation was outstanding.I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- I brought a friend from MIOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2011I brought a friend from MI to dinner at Benny's so she would get a view of downtown Jax. Our food was excellent. We had a table by the window with an excellent view, but there was an extremely large party next to us, which was kind of loud. That detracted from the experience.Special Features:
- Our service was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2011Our service was outstanding and our view of the river was excellent. We expected the steaks to be outstanding but mine was not cooked to order and the replacement was tough. All in all oyr experience was similar to a chain steak house. Acceptable but not for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Our favorite date night spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2011Benny's is definitely a neighborhood gem in our book! This upscale restaurant delivers great service, delicious food without fail, great scenery and all without being stuffy. We can go dressed up or casual and still enjoy our visit. Our meals are always served to perfection, regardless of how specialized we make our order. I love how each plate is like a present, beautifully displayed and always presented with a single orchid bloom and hand wrapped lemon half. The servers are knowledgable and eager to please. I highly recommend Benny's to family and friends, as I know they will not be disappointed either!Special Features:
- I really was impressed thatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2011I really was impressed that you guys noted from my online reservation that it was our anniversary. BIG UPS. Becky made our time there really special and celebrated. SHES A KEEPER!!!!!!! YOUR FOOD MADE US MOAN THROUGH EVERY BITE. WE COULD DO A COMERCIAL FOR YOU. We have told all of our friends that they must come to see you. We came in from Valdosta, Ga and it was worth every mile. SMILESpecial Features:
- Chilean Sea Bass with scallopsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/15/2011Chilean Sea Bass with scallops and shrimp was very good! Root Beer martini was pretty freaking good, big glass and strong too!Special Features:
- View, Dinner and a ShowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2011Benny's is situated on the St John's River offering a fantastic view of downtown Jacksonville and the river. The food has been excellent each time I've dined there. There has been only one occasion when the service was not great. Generally speaking, the wait staff have a great knowledge of the wine list and can make excellent suggestions to compliment any food choice. They are attentive and professional. One wonderful benefit is the proximity of Benny's to the Times Union Center and they offer pre-concert/pre-show dinner specials. Park, short walk to Benny's for dinner and short walk to Times Union for the show. I love Jacksonville and Benny's makes it better!Special Features: