199 Post Ave
Westbury, NY 11590Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bennysristorante.com/
- Phone: (516) 997-8111
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: See website for catering menu
- Entertainment: Live jazz and music, Robert Hansen Psychic Medium Dinners, Wine Dinners
- Special Events: Private Parties up to 110 people
A word from Benny's Ristorante
Located in the heart of Westbury village, friendly family run since 1987. Authentic regional Italian focusing on fresh ingredients, homemade pastas, excellent veal and fresh seafood, as well as seasonal dishes. Our extensive wine list accommodates all.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Benny's Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)special occasion (32)fit for foodies (25)good for groups (20)romantic (20)notable wine list (7)great for lunch (6)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- First visit and we will be back!CraigVIPDined on 11/22/2014Started off on a bad note. When we arrived I was told a few minutes, 20 minutes later finally got our table. I did notice 2 other tables were sat before us & they came in after us. The food was fresh flavorful & served hot. Kudo's on the Red Snapper & Scallops & the chopped salad was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad I went back...FindsfoodfunVIPDined on 11/22/2014I had been to Benny's quite a while ago and remembered that it was very good. I was curious to see how it had changed and wondered if it would still be as good. I am happy to say it was a wonderfully delicious evening! We went with friends that we had not seen in a long time, so we had lots of catching up to do. Our waiter was kind and patient as we took our time choosing our food. The food was so cooked to perfection; all four of us thoroughly enjoyed our selections. I had a mushroom tortelloni. There were large tender chunks of mushrooms encased in a perfectly cooked pasta. My appetizer, from the specials menu, was eggplant stuffed with cappellini...a wonderful blend of textures and flavors. I would highly recommend Benny's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed!weaselVIPDined on 11/15/2014We always enjoy this restaurant and their food but on a Saturday evening (early reservation at 6, the appetizer was lukewarm and my side of mashed potatoes was cold. Could not see why because the restaurant was not crowded then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Staff rude. Overpriced. We walked out before ordering dinner.
- Decent but overpriced.LinnyVIPDined on 11/8/2014Restaurant week completely overwhelmed them. We paid full price because of the time of our reservation and waited HOURS to eat. They could not recover from the rush earlier in the evening. They could have been more apologetic but instead they were afraid to come to the table again without food. Not going back.Special Features:
- Old World Italiancab320Dined on 11/7/2014Benny's is an iconic Italian restaurant which serves solid, well prepared dishes. Servers are older gentleman who will guide you through the menu. Special requests are welcomed and even encouraged. Great place for family celebrations and romantic dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- real ItalianwheninromeDined on 11/6/2014My boyfriend moved here from italy 2 years ago. We have been passing Bennys now for over a year and finaly decided to give it a try. As sson as we walked in we were greeted by the owner, benny, who was very nice to seat us even though it was empty because they were going to close. We were going to leave but he insisted we'd stay. Eventually another couple showed up so we didn't feel as bad! Right away the owner came over and started talking to my boyfriend in Italian and made him feel like he was home. The food was amazing. It is the first Italian place we have been to that actually serves the pasta al dense and the first place where we could compare the food and ambiance to italy. There was also a very kind host who also spoke Italian!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Italian service and foodFoodLoverDined on 11/6/2014If you like good food and service this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent quality and attention.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014The owner Benny makes an effort to greet every customer and the wait staff are very professional. They make every effort to meet all your requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Benny's RistorantetompatDined on 11/4/2014We've known about Benny's for years ,but never had a reason to go.It was restaurnt week and that was reason enough.After looking over the special menu ,we decided to go with the regular menu.We weren't disappointed. The mussels in wine sauce were perfect.Homemade pasta was perfectly cooked and lots of clams,scallops and shrimp. My husband's rigatoni with sausage was simple but perfectly cooked. We were too full for dessert but cappachino was just enough to end the meal. We will definately go back and bring friends along.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oldie but a GoodieDiomioVIPDined on 11/1/2014Food and Service was excellent. Old world Italian and Benny greets everyone a neighborhood gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining how it used to beBigPaulDined on 11/1/2014Benny's is a reminder of how quality, detail and old-world charm once dominated standards and has since been overtaken by amateurs who "think" they know what to look for in food choices and restaurant operations. Benny's is a good place for special occasions to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and special occasions to create memories you just can't duplicate at Olive Garden.Special Features:
- A Winner !MrVicVIPDined on 10/25/2014Great experience always awaits at this decades old winning restaurant . The secret sauce is that management is always on hand to make you feel comfortable and the staff is first rate . The food is excellent , well prepared and fairly priced . This a throw back classic Italian restaurant , which never gets old , only betterSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014The tables are much to close to each other. My husband and I heard the whole conversation of the table next to us, for the 2 1/2 hours that we were having dinner. Extremely annoying. We waited for our waiter for 20 minutes before he brought our menu. But, as usually the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/22/2014Came to Benny's before a concert, never ate there before. What a delightful surprise! Service, staff and food wonderful! Mant "specials" for the evening made a tough decision for entrees...all excellent!Special Features:
- An institution in the neighborhoodMartylive4livemusicDined on 10/18/2014My friends and I wanted a nice dinner prior to our show that night. We did not disappoint ourselves with this choice. The wine list was wonderful. We decided to start off with a few of the fantastic appetizers including Burrata and Zucchini flowers. WOW!!! I really enjoyed the start and knew we were in for a treat. Two of us chose the Brachiola special with Gnocchi and it was special indeed. I am telling you this is the place to go and I will definitely be back soon with my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good…but not our best meal hereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014My wife loves Benny's so we went for her birthday. We have had some excellent meals there before, which usually justify the inflated prices. Not this time though. Service was great (since the place was empty) but the veal meatballs were just not good, my potato side dish was cold and the lasagna was undercooked. That being said, the venison chili was tasty, my cod dish was pretty good and their coffee is always excellent. Nice meal, just not worth the bill. We will be back I'm sure…just hope for a better meal next time.Special Features:
- Benny's is Best by UsIMT102Dined on 10/10/2014The ambiance and food were terrific. We wanted a quiet place with good food to have dinner with our son in his late 20's and is accustomed to the NYC fare, and Benny's was a great place that was perfect for the occasion.Special Features:
- Super serviceMrshortsDined on 10/7/2014Third time at Benny's and each time the same. Food is wonderful with just a bit of something different in old standards that puts Benny's touch to the dish. The service is Perfect. The waiter gives the European old world touch to your every need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SCargoDined on 10/1/2014One of the best meals we've had. Everything was cooked and seasoned to perfection.Special Features:
- posttheaterDined on 9/27/2014Had a wonderful dinner here. Dishes like grandma used to make. The whole staff and owner were very friendly. Everyone goes out of their way to make sure you are enjoying your evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian aroundHORRIBLEDined on 9/27/2014This is definitely one of the best restaurants for authentic Italian...the food is fresh and always amazing...as well as the service which is second to none...the waiters ate the most attentive waiters in the food industry...The prices are fair and the owners treat you with the utmost respect and make sure you have one of the best restaurant experiences...I would recommend this place over all restaurants!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly disappointing...DininOutVIPDined on 9/27/2014This is an old restraunt, NOT a classic. The waiters, decor and food are all from a bygone era and need updating. Venison chili? In an Italian restraunt devoted to classics? How can you possibly overcook braciole then serve it in tomato soup (not tomatao sauce)? Service nonexistant. Had to ask multiple times for a wine list. Busboy filled my wine glass 10 times. Waiter never poured wine. Pasta special: Overcooked box pasta with a few pieces of asparagus, unripe tomatoes (how can you even do that this time of year) and TOO much garlic=$26. I think it was brought over from a pizza place next door. Stay away.
- Nice PlacepasqualeDined on 9/26/2014There was a wide variety of excellent specials. I did not even look at the menu. The table was open yet it felt private. The staff was attentive and accommodating. I would definitely revisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time a charm!foodieVIPDined on 9/12/2014Our first visit was wonderful- the food was delicious, the servers were all extremely friendly, and Lisa was a most-genial hostess. Everyone made us feel extremely welcome, and we look forward to returning shortly!Special Features:
- Fazio55VIPDined on 8/15/2014Food is fine Nothing special. Good service family owned charm, but i wasnt impresssed by the food
- great food!weaselVIPDined on 8/9/2014The food is always great and it is usually more crowded than it was the night we went to the restaurant for which I am always grateful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/5/2014We had another lovely dinner - delicious and friendly, warm serviceSpecial Features:
- Dan's ReviewDanGDined on 7/31/2014Great restaurant. Everybody was friendly and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 152 reviews are from the Benny's Ristorante reviews archive.
- awesomewings4myangelDined on 7/12/2014Benny's was exactly what I was told it would be. Food, service and staff were off the chart excellent.. If your looking for a romantic or trying to impress anyone Benny's is the place to be.. We will be back!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovetodineDined on 7/11/2014Wonderful food from an extensive menu. Service was excellent with a very professional wait staff. Great value from your buck.Special Features:
- EbrunzEbrunzDined on 7/10/2014Excellent food and atmosphere. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Good Old FashionedLarryRVIPDined on 7/3/2014Surrounded by all of the fancy overpriced Italian restaurants that people like to brag and say they ate there last night, this place blows them all away!. Been around a while, food is always the best!Special Features:
- ExcellentpattiDined on 6/28/2014Our party of six thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Benny's Ristorante. Everything was delicious...from appetizers to desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lantana50Lantana50Dined on 6/27/2014An old time favorite - authentic southern Italian.. The pasta con sarda is pure Sicilian.Special Features:
- Satisfied customerLove2eatDined on 6/11/2014As usual the dining experience started with a warm welcome in this family owned and run restaurant. Our party of 4 enjoyed a leisurely meal not being rushed to eat and leave. My husband and I have been steady diners at Benny's after have been introduced to the restaurant by a business associate several years ago. Food is consistently good and service has old world quality. Only complaint would be the tables could be just a bit larger for a party of 4. Try it..you'll like it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/7/2014Excellent Italian food, attentive but not overbearing service. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/31/2014The food was delicious, the service warm and friendly and the location perfect for going to The Space at Westbury. Will return to this restaurant any time we are in the neighborhood. No need to look anywhere else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ctnyDined on 5/30/2014We went here to celebrate a co-worker's birthday. We were looking for a nice Italian Restaurant in the area and Benny's was recommended. The food was great. Nice atmosphere with the white linen table clothes, etc. The service was wonderful and they even acknowledged her birthday with a song. She was very happy as she is from out of the country and was missing the celebration she would have had if she was back home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bennys is an old-world treasureFoodlvrDined on 5/23/2014Bennys is an old-world treasure that is great for a special occasion or a romantic, quiet dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.