199 Post Ave
Westbury, NY 11590Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bennysristorante.com/
- Phone: 5169978111
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: See website for catering menu
- Entertainment: Live jazz and music, Robert Hansen Psychic Medium Dinners, Wine Dinners
- Special Events: Private Parties up to 110 people
A word from Benny's Ristorante
Located in the heart of Westbury village, friendly family run since 1987. Authentic regional Italian focusing on fresh ingredients, homemade pastas, excellent veal and fresh seafood, as well as seasonal dishes. Our extensive wine list accommodates all.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Benny's Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Westbury ›
Benny's Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)special occasion (18)fit for foodies (15)romantic (13)good for groups (10)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- First time a charm!foodieVIPDined on 9/12/2014Our first visit was wonderful- the food was delicious, the servers were all extremely friendly, and Lisa was a most-genial hostess. Everyone made us feel extremely welcome, and we look forward to returning shortly!Special Features:
- Fazio55VIPDined on 8/15/2014Food is fine Nothing special. Good service family owned charm, but i wasnt impresssed by the food
- great food!weaselDined on 8/9/2014The food is always great and it is usually more crowded than it was the night we went to the restaurant for which I am always grateful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/5/2014We had another lovely dinner - delicious and friendly, warm serviceSpecial Features:
- Dan's ReviewDanGDined on 7/31/2014Great restaurant. Everybody was friendly and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomewings4myangelDined on 7/12/2014Benny's was exactly what I was told it would be. Food, service and staff were off the chart excellent.. If your looking for a romantic or trying to impress anyone Benny's is the place to be.. We will be back!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovetodineDined on 7/11/2014Wonderful food from an extensive menu. Service was excellent with a very professional wait staff. Great value from your buck.Special Features:
- EbrunzEbrunzDined on 7/10/2014Excellent food and atmosphere. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Good Old FashionedLarryRVIPDined on 7/3/2014Surrounded by all of the fancy overpriced Italian restaurants that people like to brag and say they ate there last night, this place blows them all away!. Been around a while, food is always the best!Special Features:
- ExcellentpattiDined on 6/28/2014Our party of six thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Benny's Ristorante. Everything was delicious...from appetizers to desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lantana50Lantana50Dined on 6/27/2014An old time favorite - authentic southern Italian.. The pasta con sarda is pure Sicilian.Special Features:
- Satisfied customerLove2eatDined on 6/11/2014As usual the dining experience started with a warm welcome in this family owned and run restaurant. Our party of 4 enjoyed a leisurely meal not being rushed to eat and leave. My husband and I have been steady diners at Benny's after have been introduced to the restaurant by a business associate several years ago. Food is consistently good and service has old world quality. Only complaint would be the tables could be just a bit larger for a party of 4. Try it..you'll like it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/7/2014Excellent Italian food, attentive but not overbearing service. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/31/2014The food was delicious, the service warm and friendly and the location perfect for going to The Space at Westbury. Will return to this restaurant any time we are in the neighborhood. No need to look anywhere else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ctnyDined on 5/30/2014We went here to celebrate a co-worker's birthday. We were looking for a nice Italian Restaurant in the area and Benny's was recommended. The food was great. Nice atmosphere with the white linen table clothes, etc. The service was wonderful and they even acknowledged her birthday with a song. She was very happy as she is from out of the country and was missing the celebration she would have had if she was back home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bennys is an old-world treasureFoodlvrDined on 5/23/2014Bennys is an old-world treasure that is great for a special occasion or a romantic, quiet dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 141 reviews are from the Benny's Ristorante reviews archive.
- Chase's Doctor DadNeilVIPDined on 5/11/2014We dined here for Mother's Day, and despite it being very busy, the service was very good and food, as always , was excellent. Everything was prepared to perfection, and service was professional and attentive. The scallops are among the best my wife has ever had and my veal chop was wonderful.Special Features:
- NYRedDined on 5/11/2014Great food. Served in a timely manner. We have beem coming here for years and will continue to do so.Special Features:
- Great PlaceDCamDined on 5/8/2014Made reservations online and asked them in advance to prepare braciole which is my mothers favorite. I got the scallops which were delicious and cooked perfectly. People are friendly and servers are very attentive and always want to please. Overall everything was great and would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- desert disappointmentsabetDined on 5/3/2014The food was great and so was everything else with the exception of a MINUTE piece of very good cheese cake that cost $ 8.00. We left on a "downer".Special Features:
- great restaurant week menuCather123VIPDined on 5/2/2014Some restaurants forget that restaurant week is their opportunity to shine and win new customers. Not Jenny's. We hadn't been in years and used Restaurant week to reconnect with the place and took some friends who had never been. We were suitably impressed. The menu was diverse and the food was great. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expectedKodiakDined on 5/2/2014It was restaurant week and 2 of us ordered off the regular menu. The food was pricey, under seasoned and not what was expected. My friend got the pasta with shrimp, scallops Bd clams. The seafood was practically invisible and pasta stuck together. My branzini was oily and didn't taste like branzini. My friend who ordered off restaurant week menu was unable to get gluten free pasta even though it was on regular menu. The servers were trying but clearly under the constraints of an owner who was serving poor quality food as it was restaurant week. We would not ever go back!!
- Classic ItalianJoedpjDined on 5/2/2014I could not have been more pleased with my dining experience at Benny's. Great service, food and wine. Easy to find and park. Well appointed room. Staff could not have been friendlier Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted Tp Love It....ChrisCDined on 5/2/2014After reading reviews and talking to friends, my wife and I were hoping for an outstanding meal. The best thing going for Benny's is the welcoming warmth of the staff and the professional service offered by the waiters. Unfortunately, the meal itself did not match those standards. Both of us had the popular Veal Sorrentina. The veal was tender and tasty, as expected. It was, however, accompanied by tasteless string beans and a scoop of forgettable mashed potatoes. Why not pasta, at least as an option? The dessert menu was surprisingly varied, but our choices were, like the beans and potatoes, quite unremarkable. A nice dining experience, but the somewhat disappointing food would make us think twice about returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- White haired setBirthdaygirlDined on 4/29/2014Since I am in that group, I appreciate the opportunity to have a quiet dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- busy restaurantweaselDined on 4/26/2014On a Saturday night you can expect a large crowd always a bit noisy in this restaurant. Food is good and owner, Benny, always makes his way around to find out how you are enjoying your meal. We made a rather late reservation in the afternoon but still managed to get a table at 7:30Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CeCeDined on 4/20/2014You want real Italian food go to Benny's. Service is just as good as the food and the fact that Benny is there working and greeting makes this place all the more special. Terrific.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantluvfoodDined on 4/9/2014This was the first time at Bennys. The food was outstanding. The chicken scarpariello was delicious as was the stuffed veal chop. The veal was so tender you could use a fork to cut it. Also I recommend the eggplant rollatini a la benny. Service was also very good. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely eveningeb83VIPDined on 4/5/2014Have been to Bennys a few times over the years and always enjoyed my meal. Went again Saturday nite and must say the food was excellent ! Everyone in our party of 4 raved. 2 had the buccatini con Sardi. The veal scallopini with chestnuts was outstanding and the veal chop moist and juicy. Will be reurning soon.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/3/2014Benny's is the definition of a Neighborhood Gem. The service is fantastic they really make you feel at home. The food is always good. Best Veal on Long IslandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant but missedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/3/2014Great restaurant but missed the mark this time must not have had the oil up to temp calamari greasy yuck not there usual quality so sad rest meal as usual great but greasy calamari left a bad taste literally in our mouth change the oil and please bring it to temp everytimeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & ServiceJAE76VIPDined on 3/28/2014Service was top notch, food was excellent. We were a large group of 17 and they were very accommodating. Thank you for taking such good care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliziosoooooBonappetit57VIPDined on 3/22/2014My first time there, it has become one of my favorite restaurant, the food, omg, everything we had was sooooo good, service so attentif, not noisy at all, great place, my only problem won't know what to choice next time, lolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Benny's is consistently aJerseyPatDined on 3/15/2014Benny's is consistently a good experience. The food is terrific and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- While the service was graciousfoodieVIPDined on 3/13/2014While the service was gracious & caring, unfortunately the food did not measure up. Flavors were bland & not distinctive; even extra lemon did nothing for my cod special. My husband's Chicken Scarpariello was off-the-bone, flavorless small pieces of chicken breast. The evening was saved by the lovely hostess (a family member).
- Excellent experience! SuperbDineout1Dined on 3/8/2014Excellent experience! Superb service. Excellent menu. No disappointments throughout dinner. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and Atmosphereellyp516Dined on 3/8/2014This restaurant is excellent in every way. They make all Italian specialties. Very nice service and atmosphere. The food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old School at its bestTonyDined on 2/25/2014Everyone at the table had a great dining experience. Menu featured many classic italian dishes and the specials sounded better than the next. Would rate the decor and ambience at slightly below average. So dont be concerned with the look and feel of the place as you will sit down and have a very good italian meal!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014We have been here several times and the food is always consistent. It is a little pricey but still within reach for a special occasion type meal. We'll go back. Only complaint was that they did not have the wine we chose. They substituted a younger version but did not adjust the price as they should have done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always great. Pasta withrstiniVIPDined on 2/19/2014As always great. Pasta with shrimp, scallops and pieces of mahi mahi in a fra diavalo sauce was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.