Benny's Chop House
444 N. Wabash Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Benny's Chop House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bennyschophouse.com/
- Phone: (312) 626-2444
- Hours of Operation:
7 days a week: 11:30 am - 12:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Lane
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Benny's Chop House
From a well-known, well -respected Chicago restaurateur Benny Siddu (Volare) comesContinued
Benny’s Chop House, a uniquely new, uniquely-Chicago modern day chophouse.
Benny’s features the highest quality steaks, fish, seafood and chops.
Benny’s Chop House, a uniquely new, uniquely-Chicago modern day chophouse.
Benny’s features the highest quality steaks, fish, seafood and chops.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Benny's Chop House - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Benny's Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
232 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (168)notable wine list (129)romantic (101)fit for foodies (91)good for groups (74)neighborhood gem (29)vibrant bar scene (23)hot spot (22)great for lunch (14)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Very Godd SteakhouseLfaltoprDined on 11/21/2014I first experienced Benny's Chop House about three or four years ago and recommended from the hotel's concierge. I glad she did because it was a great choice. Rcently, during my last visit toe Chicago, I had dinner with friends and all was spectacular. Great steaks, gfeat appetizers and great wine list. Everything was very, very good. Planning to make a run for it again as soon as I come back to Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work functionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014We brought our visiting team from France to Benny's. They were very impressed with the food and the very extensive French wines available. Steaks were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad we wentgeebDined on 11/17/2014The steak was amazing, the wine recommendation was on the mark, excellent service. Highly recommended if you can afford it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Benny's Chop is the TopCooperDined on 11/16/2014My wife and I were from out of state and staying downtown and wanted a local restaurant. We chose Benny's Chop out a magazine located in our room as it was close to our hotel. The reservation was easy and the walk a few short blocks. What we found at Benny's was five stars from the service to the excellent food. The Chef prepared the food both in presentation and taste that made our palates explode. My wife and I smiled and enjoyed every part of our dining experience, a great gift as we have four children. Please give my highest regards to Benny's,our now favorite restaurant in Chicago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the best steakhouse in Chicago.TheCommodoreDined on 11/13/2014Variety of Steaks, Sauces and unique appetizers(bacon), and desserts set this apart from the rest. The natural fillet and dry aged rib eye melted in my mouth. Shared steaks and food was presented fantasticly Service and wait staff first rate. A must to dine hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steaks my husband and I have ever had!KathleenoDined on 11/12/2014I have been to most of the major steakhouses in Chicago if not all. Nothing compares to this place. The steak was the best steak that my husband and I ever had. The service was off the charts. It is pricey so definitely a special occasion type of place. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DutchfoodexpertDined on 11/11/2014Quality of lamb was extremely poor (too much fat an too large) so were the Brussels sprouts. Price/quality not in sinc. Overpriced!!!Special Features:
- Not allowed to bring own wineWilhelmDined on 11/11/2014Steak was great, but I would have expected a modest corkage fee. Instead we were not allowed to open the wine we had brought for a special occasion.
- Wagyu!!laquintaladiesDined on 11/8/2014We cannot say enough about the Wagyu on the menu. Though expensive, it is TOTALLY worth it. The sommelier spent a bit of time with us helping to choose a great wine, and though our budget was modest, we ended up with a very good wine that held up great to the steak.Special Features:
- Royal TreatmentSatisfiedDined on 11/8/2014My wife has a new favorite New York Strip and I have a new favorite Filet. We both had the Traditional Steaks but I am getting ahead of myself. From the greeting we received from the host & hostesses, the terrific bar scene, staff, piano player for a glass of Champaign before being seated. Then on to the comfortable booth with a fab view of all. Our waiter was beyond pleasant plus very informative, the help with the wine list was appreciated and the selection perfect. The menu had Happy 19th Anniversary Dana & Kathy printed on it was a great touch. If it sounds like we enjoyed our experience at Benny's Chop House....WE DID!Special Features:
- Overall DelighfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014I chose Bennys after scouring 'best of" steakhouses writeups as a dinner location for a special birthday celebrates. The pros - excellent service, a special menu for the birthday boy as well as a complementary dessert for him that was beautifully presented. Top notch service. My partner had the bone in ribeye and it was seasoned and cooked perfectly. The cons - I had the special of a trio of 3 beef mediallions with black truffle sauce ordered "medium" and they were all well done. I didn't sent it back (my bad) since the rest of the evening was going swimmingly, but it was quite disappointing my $50 entree was so overdone. I would try it again and just order a regular steak next time. Maybe the special threw the chef off his game.Special Features:
- Special occasion gem!SuefromMinneapolisDined on 11/7/2014We loved the food and dining experiment at Benny's. The door man at our hotel recommended it to us for our final Chicago splurge for a great steak. Benny's did not disappoint!Special Features:
- One of Chicago's Best SteakhousesiwuproDined on 11/7/2014This is a classic steakhouse with the finest grass-fed, dry-aged, or traditional cuts as well as quality seafood and a host of well-prepared and imaginative sides and salads. My wife had a special of fried green tomatoes with 4 sauces that was fantastic. Service is generally attentive and skilled, and the dining room is a celebration of dark wood and leather. They have an impressive wine list and knowledgeable and sincerely helpful sommeliers. There are great finds on the list that won't break the bank.Special Features:
- Great SteakHowdy462002Dined on 11/7/2014Excellent steakhouse with great service. Given the number of great steakhouses in Chicago my expectations were muted. I found the food and experience to be outstanding. Had a truly terrific experience and will be back.Special Features:
- good piece of meatkeanuDined on 11/7/2014food comparable to most steakhouses in Chicago, but with standout service, ambiance, and drinks.Special Features:
- Great first visitgoodfoodDined on 11/5/2014Among the numerous steakhouse choices, we decided to try Benny's. We were pleased with all aspects of the meal and the special touches to celebrate my husband's birthday. A good choice for a special night out.Special Features:
- work visitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/3/2014I was in Chicago for PackExpo 2014, and had dinner at Benny's my last night in town. The food, wine, and service were all amazing! I had the 8oz filet which was delicious. The lobster macaroni and cheese is to die for. We had a wonderful time, and I would highly recommend a visit here if you are in Chicago.Special Features:
- marlexDined on 11/1/2014we were really desapointed ! We just arrived from the plain so we couldn't be really well dressed, the waiter proably tought that we were not able to pay our food....Not really friendly, not helpful... The steak was a liitle too cooked (we asked medium rare and we had mediumat least)....really disapointing ! But the hostesses were charming, welcoming and really noce with us.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/30/2014Our son's 21st birthday dinner. we had a great time and the restaurant did a menu wishing him a happy 21st birthday a free dessert.Special Features:
- AmazingBKmillerDined on 10/27/2014Wife and I had our 14th wedding anniversary dinner there. The waitstaff was very attentive to all our needs. The restaurant was a bit loud, but the food was amazing. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- What I expected-plusBrianDined on 10/27/2014Was only in Chicago for a brief stay and wanted to go to one of Chicago's finest restaurants. Benny's has been around for a good while and has a track record of excellence. It was everything as advertised! I expected the staff to be professional and they were, but I also appreciated the personal time they spent with me and the care & concern shown starting from the minute I entered the restaurant until I headed back to my hotel.Special Features:
- Excellent foodLadyDined on 10/24/2014There is no doubt that Benny's is expensive, but you get what you pay for. The food was excellent. My wagyu filet was incredibly tender, simple sides like carrots and mashed potatoes were very tasty, and even my garden salad was done very well with light/tasty dressing and a good mix of greens and other veggies that I was invited to add. Everyone in our party raved about the food. The service was excellent, too. Our server got to know our group quickly and made excellent recommendations throughout the night. My husband also has a dairy allergy and this was accommodated easily. With drinks, salads, entrees, and dessert, we ended up paying about $150/person (before tip).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!FoodieAtHeartDined on 10/24/2014Our server Nick was awesome- knew the menu well and made excellent recommendations. We both shared the bone in ribeye and it was perfect! Great wine, attentive customer service. A nice quiet romantic so dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014We enjoyed our dinner there. Booking was an issue because of relatively short notice - 5 pm or 9 pm or later were the only choices, but that is to be expected for a popular restaurant. Excellent food, but bring your wallet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate ExperienceCJAYEDined on 10/18/2014My wife chose Benny's for my birthday dinner. Got off to a nice start in the bar. Great music. Attentive bartender. Well made cocktails. But why serve martini in a coupe glass? It's a MARTINI. Use the martini glasses. Menu looked great. Looks can be deceiving. When you pay beaucoup bucks for that bone-in ribeye it should be cooked to perfection! Not cold and mealy. Sides were good, especially the crispy kale. But back to that ribeye. C'mon, this is a STEAKHOUSE. The steak should be the star. And when the manager comes over to check on the problem she should do at least two things: identify herself clearly as the manager and, do something about that cold, mealy steak! Not likely to be going back. Many better choices for a great steak.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014food and service were excellent, definitely superior to recent experiences in other well known restaurants. we felt that staff did a great job of making sure we had an excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- hawk00Dined on 10/17/2014Loved the restaurant decor, food was great, Debra our server was awesome-knowlegabe, friendly, attentive. Will be back.Special Features:
- Great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/13/2014The location was great. Cocktails were really good. The wine list was pretty amazing really. Downsides were the steaks which were slightly over-done. I know we both had the 8oz fillets but the fact that they're small should be compensated by a commensurate reduction in cooking time to get med-rare rather than med. They were still sufficiently juicy though. Will certainly go back when in town.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014Thank you Benny's for a wonderful night. The food was excellent. The service was outstanding. Erwin represented your restaurant well. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- First time hereJC73Dined on 10/11/2014Restaurant was comfortable, food was fantastic, waiter was knowledgable and friendly. Maple bacon app was awesome, I had the aged ribeye and it was very succulent. Topped it off with Banana pie, which fantastic. Creme Brûlée was not the best i've had, was missing something. Waiter comp'd a marshmallow cheesecake thingee that was very memorable. Would love to come back for a special occasion. Downtown experience was pleasant, bill was reasonable for where we ate and for what we had. Will go back again.Special Features:
- Five Stars!!VinosnbDined on 10/11/2014Nice variety of steak selections! I ordered the wagyu filet, in one word, AMAZING! Our server was wonderful and very knowledgeable. She treated us like she cared about our dining experience. Best food and customer service we received in Chicago. Will definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pompous Serverservemewithasmile1Dined on 10/11/2014My husband and I have been to Bennys in the past, and Saturday night was the worst service ever. we are not evn sure we will go back. $300+ for two, our server did not come and check on us not did we see him but twice during the entire meal. Very disappointed with this service.
- cheflyDined on 10/10/2014very good food/excellent service. Wine was overpriced and disappointing. Sommalier was just OKSpecial Features:
- luv2dineVIPDined on 10/7/2014I had lunch today at Benny's and have always wanted to eat here. The food and service were excellent and I thought considering the area the prices were great too. I had a grouper sandwich and it was between that and a steak sandwich. Waiter as mentioned did a great job. Will return in the future with no hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Great Foodmeg1313Dined on 10/6/2014We went there to celebrate a birthday. No one in our group had ever been there before and the food and the service was great! We would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Great steakKPchicagoVIPDined on 10/4/2014I've tried lots of steakhouses, and while Benny's is not my favorite, it was very good. The steak was (as it should be) the highlight of the meal. I am a creme brûlée fanatic, and theirs was excellent! A few missteps: the dining room was FREEZING. They kindly offered my mother and I pashminas, but we were still frozen. The maple bacon appetizer was terrible. It was charred on the outside, pure fat on the inside - and not in a good way. Lastly, their wine list was hideously overpriced. A Pinot noir that retails for $20 being sold at $120 - markup for profit to be expected, but that is robbery! Our server was polite and attentive. We were seated in the back dining room, which was mostly empty when we sat down. It was just too quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Benny's is great diningkinster4653VIPDined on 10/4/2014Always a pleasure to dine at Benny's. Tonight we had drinks and small plates, delicious as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing,lisa63Dined on 10/3/2014wine not available I ordered, wagyu not impressive(try American fed not imported), oysters not represented properly, unorganized, table in high traffic area, not a high end experience for $$$
- Excellent food and staffAGM8MexVIPDined on 10/1/2014Excellent food and staff, and very good wine list. Thank you very much for all your attentions had with my wife and me, we loved the place, the food and wine, on our next trip back to Chicago with you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Of The Chicago Steahouse ListHugeDined on 9/30/2014Excellent Service, Steaks & Food, Wine list is also excellent - Highly RecommendSpecial Features: