Benny Rappa's Trattoria
1453 Highway 17 S
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582Neighborhood:
North Myrtle Beach
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Benny Rappa's Trattoria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bennyrappas.com/
- Phone: 8433611056
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm: Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
- Catering: We offer off site catering ranging from 10-150. We can custom create your menu to fit your budget.
A word from Benny Rappa's Trattoria
Benny Rappa's features a chalkboard menu which changes daily. We offer fresh fish, steak, homemade pasta, chicken and other delicious entrees. We can accommodate your special requests. We are a casual/fine dining restaurant with that small hometown feeling like you are part of our family. Stop by and meet Benny and Michele.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Benny Rappa's Trattoria - Best Restaurants in North Myrtle Beach ›
Benny Rappa's Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)special occasion (20)romantic (16)fit for foodies (15)notable wine list (12)good for groups (6)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (4)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Benny Rappa's a Must!HammerDined on 8/25/2014Finally had the chance to take my family, including in-laws and nephews, to this restaurant which I have enjoyed for years on guys' golf trips. It was a huge success! Everyone loved it and many of my in-laws live in the NY/NJ area where they are used to finding great Italian. Benny rocked it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening candlelight birthdaymellow1Dined on 8/15/2014Excellent food Enjoyed mussels appetizer and lasagne entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencemoovieloverVIPDined on 8/4/2014We have previously dined here and again had a wonderful dining experience. The chef will prepare an item not listed on the menu if the ingredients are available in the kitchen which he did for us. A great meal.Special Features:
- Great place for celebratingheatherbgaleDined on 7/31/2014We chose this restaurant to celebrate a new job and it didn't disappoint. We loved our entrees and everything tasted fresh and homemade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it every time!!ShelleyMacDined on 7/31/2014You always get an awesome meal here!! even if you don't see it on the menu!!!Special Features:
- Incredible!jasminerainVIPDined on 7/28/2014We have been going to Benny Rappa's for the last 3 years. The food, whether on the menu or not, is always tasty and cooked to perfection. They really cater to the customer's taste. Can't wait to return to M.B. next year so we can go back!Special Features:
- Great service and food!kristieaDined on 7/19/2014Delicious food, in a quaint setting, and excellent service . I would definitely recommend the sausage stuffed peppers if they are on the menu..... which changes daily!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally tried it and glad we didNJNMBJerseyLadyDined on 7/18/2014We've owned a place in North Myrtle Beach for a number of years but never tried Benny Rappa's until now. After reading a number of reviews we decided to try it on our last trip. So glad we did. We were greeted immediately by a very friendly woman behind the bar. They did try to seat us at a table for 2 near the bar next to a very large party and in the pathway front the entrance. We declined and waited a short while for a very nice table in the other room. It had a great view of their famous wall mural of Frank Sinatra & friends. Loved the menu on the chalk board. Some items were quite expensive in my opinion but others were quite reasonable. What's especially nice is that they will gladly make things not on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the worst meal I have ever had!foodie123VIPDined on 7/17/2014Our food was not edible and a health risk to eat. Our waitress did not care about our dining experience or food quality....and did nothing to remedy the situation. Even our salads were with brown lettuce and smelled bad. The ravioli was clearly not home made..smelled fishy...and the sauce was not fresh... would never dine there again....
- MainLineDinerDined on 7/17/2014FOOD, SERVICE, AND PRICES EXCELLENT AS USUAL. ORDERING SOMETHING NOT ON THE MENU IS NEVER A PROBLEM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Whatever you want - from A to ZitiDatemondayVIPDined on 7/5/2014We love this place as Benny puts his signature on every dish, however you want it prepared, he can and will do it. When Benny is there, the food is at it's best; from the calamari to the cannoli, it's a beautiful thing. We return each month when we come to NMB. Maria is great and we ask for her whenever possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great! As always!FoodSnobDined on 6/28/2014Benny Rappa's is fantastic. Every time we go there everything is fantastic. Consistent. Staff is very friendly as well.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceRickVIPDined on 6/28/2014This has become my favorite restaurant in the Myrtle Beach area. This was my 3rd visit and I brought my son and golfing buddy and all 3 raved about their food. The menu changes daily and they always specify if you don't like something on the menu, if they have the ingredients they will make it for you. Service is always excellent without being overbearing. Wine was priced fairly as well. Can't wait to return on my next visit to NMB.Special Features:
- Great Italian Food!AnonVIPDined on 6/17/2014Simply love this place. We make it our first stop in Myrtle Beach. Menu changes daily, but if they have the ingredients they will prepare special request. The stuffed peppers are a must!Special Features:
- BeeBopBeeBopDined on 6/16/2014We LOVED the lighted menus and the book containing the bill! I wish all restaurants had this. All of our food was excellent. I had the spinach ravioli with bolognese sauce, which was wonderful. Loved the paintings on the wall of Frank Sinatra and friends. Good selection of wine-by-the-glass. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2014We had a wonderful meal and the service was suberb. I love how they have a nightly menu but will fix you anything not on the menu also. This makes it kid friendly too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Italian foodCigarSamDined on 6/2/2014We visit Benny Rappas each time we visit Myrtle Beach and are never disappointed by the food or the service. Waiters wear silly hats that detract from the ambience. We go for the food. Best dessert in MB is the lemon-cello cakeSpecial Features:
- Great LunchNMBRestauranteurVIPDined on 5/28/2014We have not been since the renovations. The place looks great. Glass enclosed wine cellar is beautiful. They need to add some obscure Italian Reds to the list in the upper range. The food was well prepared and perfectly seasoned. Will return soon.Special Features:
- Something for EveryoneDanGDined on 5/27/2014Wonderful selection of menu items featuring most all of your favorite Italian dishes, plus a huge chalk board with featured items that can change as frequently as necessary. Believe they will also prepare your favorite dish even if it's not listed--just ask. Reservations seemed to be the smart way to go, as the restaurant quickly filled after our 6:15 pm arrival. The more folks seated, the more vibrant and energetic the place becomes--probably not a romantic evening choice, unless you time your visit for very early or very late. Nice selection of affordable wines in addition to many other typical choices. Food was great, service was great, we had a great experience, and the best comment, we would definitely dine here again next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chillychillyDined on 5/16/2014Never disappointed here! The veal chop melted in your mouth! 1st time finding the back parking area, what a relief! Love the wine bottle "wall"!Special Features:
- always have to goOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/15/2014my favorite Italian in the world, I always make time to go when ever I am in town
- A great neighborhood findLittleriverfoodieDined on 5/9/2014We were looking for somewhere to eat that we had not been before & stumbled across Benny Rappa's. What a delightful place! Lighted menus which change daily, amazing wine list, perfect decor and food that will make you smile. If you don't see what you want on the menu, just ask & they will make it for you. The servers are all top notch, seasoned professionals, this is our new favorite spot to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 148 reviews are from the Benny Rappa's Trattoria reviews archive.
- Somewhat disappointingLuv2eatDined on 5/2/2014The noise level in the bar area was pretty intense so my husband and I had to shout to each other. My seafood lasagna was such a BIG disappointment. The only seafood I saw or tasted were 2 shrimp on top of a small square of white pasta in a cream sauce. If there was any seafood in the dish, I could not taste or find it. $25 for that was WAY overpriced. My husband's veal piccata was great. The antipasti salad was wonderful and the Chianti was very good. Would I go back? Yes, but I would order something other than the seafood lasagna.Special Features:
- Disappointed but will try againludwigvonseafoodDined on 5/2/2014Service was excellent. Prices were good/fair. The seafood lasagna was such a disappointment. 2 shrimp, very little crabmeat and scallops. TINY portion. Not sure what happened there but will not get kicked by that mule again. Veal chop was good and a very generous portion. Mussels for the appetizer were excellent. This is a small comfortable place that get noisy very easily. Folks should try it at least once.Special Features:
- Simply DeliciousLoveTryingNewRestaurantsDined on 4/26/2014My friends and I went here before the Diva running race for fueling up and some girl time. Based on the other reviews, I was expecting a mediocre meal, but I was more than pleasantly surprised. The food and drinks were amazing. I had the Chicken A La Vodka with Broccoli, a side salad, a glass of wine and the tiramisu for dessert. Everything was SO GOOD. The prices were a little higher than expected, but it was worth it. The glass of wine was only 4.95. The food was made to order and fresh, but didn't take TOO long. The garlic bread is worth the extra $2 to have while waiting for the main meal. My only complaint is it is very loud and you have to talk loud to hear each other. Highly recommended and will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great Italian!teamrevDined on 4/24/2014Another great meal at Benny Rappa's! If you are looking for home made Italian in Myrtle Beach this is the place to go.
- DinnerDJeter2fanDined on 4/23/2014The food was excellent and their service was outstanding. We loved the fact that this restaurant caters to customers request for food not on menu. (Of course if they had ingredients) That was a first for us and we would definitely recommend this restaurant to out of towners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it! An Italian Gem!WarrenDined on 4/18/2014Table was ready on time, server was outstanding, food came quickly as ordered and was outstanding. The lit menu's, the wall of wine bottles, the music, and ambiance was great. We will make this a regular stop - Thanks to Open Table for helping me find this great gem.Special Features:
- Best Italian restaurant in MyrtleedmconDined on 4/3/2014Compact in size yet big on delivery !!!! With a new and varied menu every night, Benny delivers an exciting and new experience every time I and my wife dine. A full bar; a great wine list as we said, a fabulous and new menu every night plus a great serve staff.. what more could you want..... Our favorite "nice" restaurant when we come down to the Myrtle Beach areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true stand out in Myrtle Beachesam1152Dined on 3/15/2014In a resort area overflowing with choices of places to eat, Benny Rappa's is a stand out. We dine there at least once each time we are in Myrtle Beach , and more if possible. We look forward to everything about the restaurant; the atmosphere, the service, and of course the authentic Italian food. It is often said "eat where the year round residents eat in a resort community". Well, Benny Rappa's is one of these places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Benny Rappa's TrattoriaTr68fc20Dined on 3/10/2014Found this several years ago on an annual trip to MB. This is not Applebee’s Great food, outstanding service, which can can be expensive but well worth it. One can also "be experienced" at a moderate cost, we just never seem to choose moderate Veal loin with Hunter demi glace over risotto...... Benny’s never disappoints. Our experiences have always been a high point of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't be fooled by the building!Dubyac1Dined on 3/6/2014Benny Rappa's occupies an older building that can't compare with the big money that chain restaurants put into their architecture and decor and it looks somewhat dated. (But well maintained) Turns out - that just doesn't matter. It is what's inside that counts, and Benny Rappa's delivers. GREAT honest to goodness Italian menu. Also - the chef is willing to prepare whatever you want so long as the ingredients are handy. Sufficient wine list, very friendly service, nice atmosphere, and the wine is kept is a large walk in glass temperature controlled - well - not sure what it is called - but it looks cool. Myrtle Beach is not exactly an oasis of fine dining - Benny Rappa's is a diamond in the rough, and the prices are very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accomadating kitchen.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/27/2014The menu changes daily but they are willing to make selections not on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would recommend this highly,Dutch1CockDined on 2/14/2014I would recommend this highly, the food was excellent, relaxed atmosphere, and service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysKenWDined on 1/25/2014One of the best in Myrtle Beach area. Staff are helpful and knowledgeable and if you want changes they try to accommodate. Food is excellent and good portions. One of our favourite placesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Favorite in North Myrtle Beach!luv2eatoutDined on 12/31/2013My husband and I made reservations for New Years Eve at 5:15, 2 adults and 2 children (9 and 11).. I was thrilled with the whole evening... wine list, the menu, which changes nightly, the children's menu and portion was perfect and service was Fantastic! We had a Lobster bruschetta & garlic bread as an appetizer and we looked over the uniquely lite-up menu. The Seafood Lasagna, Stuffed Pork Chop and Scallops & Stuffed Shrimp, Chicken Cutlets and Pasta Olio from the Children's menu. Every thing was delicious and the service was great! . Now that we are back at home, my husband and I have discussed the trip and places the we went to and we agreed on this place as being one of our "FAVORITES". Will return for sure!Special Features:
- Not badWhitlouieDined on 12/21/2013We thought that this would be a fabulous find from recommendations of friends and reading the reviews,.....well not so much. It was tasty but average food, have had much better Italian food elsewhere in myrtle beach.Special Features:
- North Myrtle Beach Italian FoodJohnVIPDined on 11/8/2013Menu changed every day, but not limiting. Order what you want - if they have the ingredients, they'll make it. Place was crowded and yet meal was served in very little time. Everything we ordered was terrific - the atmosphere added to the good feeling. Eggplant parm, spinach ravioli and (non-menu item that night) Veal Piccata. Veal was flattened to 1/16" and covered the plate in an authentic lemon/caper sauce. Desserts were also top-notch - cannoli, lemon mousse cake and tiramisu - what else? True neighborhood Italian eatery. Every town needs one.Special Features:
- Great lunch!diamondgroupVIPDined on 11/6/2013My husband LOVED the bologna sandwich. I had the tilipia lunch special and it was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodMattDined on 10/24/2013Food was good... Nothing amazing. Service was excellent. I had the salmon. It was okay. Seemed a bit mushy to me. Wife had seafood ravioli. She seemed to really enjoy it. Mussels appetizer was very good, especially when paired with he garlic bread. Tirimisu for dessert was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.