52 East 41st Street
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.benjaminsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2122979177x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Arturo McLeod
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
A word from Benjamin Steakhouse
For serious steak-connoisseurs, Benjamin is a must visit. The restaurant, located in the heart of Manhattan, offers the finest and carefully selected prime USDA meat, dry aged to perfection. Wide selection of wines and vintages for pairing. The 5,000 square foot restaurant features a ten-foot working fireplace, rich chocolate brown leather seating, oak wood paneling, vaulted decorative ceiling, and modern brass amber toned chandeliers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Benjamin Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)notable wine list (41)good for groups (40)fit for foodies (33)neighborhood gem (20)romantic (20)great for lunch (15)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Poor service to tourists1510Dined on 9/12/2014Food was pretty good but the service was very disappointed. The waiters ruined my special day. They treated businessmen as a king but tourists as a beggar. It felt like "Eat quickly and go away."Special Features:
- Great as alwaysPatriinciDined on 9/9/2014Benjamins Streakhouse has always been a favourite of mine, and it always is excellent food, the service was a bit less attentive and the portions are a bit smaller now, however it is not to be missed if you want good steak and enjoyable evening in Manhattan.Special Features:
- SoprDined on 9/8/2014this steak house is one of the best I've been. All steaks were cooked to perfectionSpecial Features:
- IncredibleGeraldDined on 9/6/2014Incredible service and food. Had dinner with my daughter and wife here. Ordered the rib eye, medium rare with a baked potato. My wife had the yellow fin tuna medium rare with a side of peas & onions. My 2 year old only wanted steak fries. I'm not much of steak eater but so far I've been to Homestead, Stk, Lugers, Primehouse, Striphouse and Del Frisco's. Enjoyed the service and food from Benjamins the most, will come back.Special Features:
- Steak will never be the sameMarekioDined on 8/31/2014Simply WOW! The wait staff was incredible, the food was amazing, worth every penny. If you want a memorable steakhouse experience, look no further.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice!tamsDined on 8/31/2014Best steak in New York, and great wine list. Good number of side dishes for the vegetarians in the group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!PAgirlDined on 8/29/2014I really enjoyed my dinner at Benjamin Steakhouse. My waiter was wonderful and attentive, the food was delicious, and I would definitely go back when I visit NY again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing little find in a great cityFoodie40Dined on 8/26/2014Benjamin steak house is an amazing find, tucked away almost easy to miss. I'm not a steak girl but I became a convert after eating at Benjamin steak house, excellent service, incredibly delicious good. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak and TrimmingsyankeefanDined on 8/19/2014I chose Benjamin for a dinner with out of town (but food sophisticate) friends who were staying in the area based on reviews and location. We were not disappointed in the least. The steak (I had rib eye, my friends had sirloin and filet) was universally excellent as were the potatoes, veggies and (light) desert. The service was a little lagging for a place a this price point but not really bad. My biggest complaint was that we were seated on the second floor (no problem) but that made it a two story trip to restrooms, consume your wine and water accordingly. (Speaking of water, kudos to Benjamin or at least our waiter for asking first if we wanted tap water and not trying to upsell the bottled stuff).Special Features:
- A NY steakhouseKWSCBDined on 8/19/2014A great palace to meet and impress out of town clients. Expensive but excellent service and fantastic steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYの真ん中でステーキを。OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014夏期旅行でNYに滞在中、アメリカらしいステーキを食べようと思い立ち、水曜の昼過ぎにOpen Table経由で20時に2名で予約。いつもこんなに簡単に予約できるかは不明です。グランドハイアット泊だったので周辺には山ほどステーキがあるわけですが、グランドセントラル駅構内のMICHAEL JORDAN'S THE STAKE HOUSEと迷った末にこちらに。決め手はPeter Luger Steak Houseの元料理人が独立してつくった店、というところ。入り口からの細い通路の先にある店内は、薄暗い照明と喧噪に包まれて（けっこうワイワイしてます）非常に好みの雰囲気でした。ビジネス、家族連れ、カップル、観光客と客層も多様。オーダーはBaked Clams、OnionSoup、Mesclun Salad（2人だったらこれが良いと言われました）、Steak for 2、Benjamin's Home Fries、と後はワインのハーフボトル（$40）などのドリンクと食後のコーヒー。〆て$212.80（税抜き）。肉のお味は期待通り。とてもアメリカンな、さっぱり焼かれた熟成赤身肉をパクパク食べるあの感じです。Peter Luger Steak House（NY）、Wolfgang's Steakhouse（六本木）を過去に経てのアメリカンステーキ３体験目ですが、今回も美味しくいただきました。アメリカンステーキ初体験で記憶が美化されているPeter Luger Steak Houseには及ばない気もしますが、とはいえそこは微差。日本人旅行者が簡単にネット予約できる店として充分におすすめできると思います。給仕の人も日本人慣れしていてフレンドリーです。Special Features:
- Great for dinnerPsakDined on 8/7/2014Had a great steak dinner with wife and kids. Was in NYC for a four day get away, and by far, our best and favourite dinner of the week. A bit noisy on the main level, but if you are seated on the second level, its better. Highly recommend this restaurant....Special Features:
- Another outstanding experiencembbellDined on 8/5/2014I have been to Benjamin's multiple times while working in Manhattan. The steaks and sides are divine, the service is outstanding and the experience is always consistently wonderful!Special Features:
- Excellent experience...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We were in NY for a wedding and it was also our anniversary. I wanted to take her somewhere nice and Benjamin did not disappoint. The wine list was enormous. The wait staff was very good. The food was delicious and the portions were huge. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was terrible.MttmDined on 7/30/2014Packed in a small table, the waiter brings food extremely late, and they never came to take our order dispute our call. I had a special guest from japan who was disappointed with this restaurant. Even a elementary kids could do better than a waiter in this restaurant, the food was great but I would never ever visit this place in future.
- Great Steaks!!!CarlVIPDined on 7/29/2014If you want a great steak, eat at Benjamin's. This was our second time at Benjamin's and their steaks are cooked to perfection. The steaks come out very hot as they finish them by heating them on the plate they serve you with. In fact, the first time there, the steak was so hot it sizzled juice right onto my tie, which they paid to have dry cleaned for me. This time, I took my tie off for dinner. I had the rib eye, which comes as a 20 ounce cut, and can highly recommend it. The steak almost melted in my mouth it tasted so good.Special Features:
- Best steakSMSBDined on 7/26/2014If you are in New York and would like a good steak then this is the place to go.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place to get your familyFood2shareDined on 7/24/2014We went from PR to NYC several times, Benjamins is a destination in any trip. Allways the experience was awsome improving anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!JennyDined on 7/21/2014The food was so unbievable I could not stop eating. The perfect restaurant for any occasion. Defiantly would reccomend to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectionjpj271Dined on 7/19/2014Started with bisque and lump crab appetizer. It was outstanding. Then steak for two. Cooked to perfection. Better flavor than any steak we have had anywhere. Then onto brulee for dessert. Ended our meal perfectly. Can't wait to go back to NY to visit.Special Features:
- Waited 35 minutes for table.luv2eatsVIPDined on 7/16/2014We had 7:45 p.m. reservations and had to wait 35 minutes before we were seated. We had to wait in the lobby because bar over crowded. Place is very loud. Food was good as it usually is, waiters are always pleasant and attentive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/14/2014One of the best steakhouses in the city. I would chose the Benjamin over every other steakhouse in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakhouseSteakhouseDined on 7/14/2014I took my oldest daughter to Benjamin's so she could experience a real steak dinner in New York City. The steak was fantastic as always, but the service was just average. I have been to this restaurant before with larger parties and the service was much better in the past. I hope that the servers remember that regardless of the size of the dinner party that a customer is a customer and service should be consistent each time. My daughter could end up being another patron in the future and I would hope her experience would be consistent each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014No surprises, perfectly cooked beef Excellent sides (great onion rings ) nice place friendly attentive staffI would recommend this to a friend.
- bcbuddhaDined on 7/12/2014We were so looking forward to celebrating my husband's birthday at restaurant but were disappointed. On the plus side the service is great, ambiance, meat is top quality, wine selection good -- but Bloody Mary disappointing, onion soup too salty for my taste. At their prices, we expected to be blown away. However, they did put a candle on our dessert and offer complimentary Port Wine so that was an extra touch. I think our expectations were so high, we felt letdown.Special Features:
- Walhalla for steak loversIvantheViking06Dined on 7/4/2014Even better than Peter Lugers !!! The steak was heavenly delicious and we even make new friends while dining in this fantastic restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You want steak?robpDined on 6/26/2014Perhaps as good as a steakhouse can get. Service is excellent, steaks are as good, and perfectly cooked as steaks can get, sides are great and if you get the spinach or broccoli it completely (COMPLETELY) cancels all the calories you are getting from the steaks, and the ambiance is as good as any other steakhouse in NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait to seatOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/25/2014The food was great as always a was the service. But we had to wait for 50 minutes before getting our table (and we were only two people), without access to the bar which was packed with people waiting for a table. The staff was really not helpful during this waiting period, as we asked several times if we should come back a bit later to save us the trouble of waiting. Very disappointing from Benjamin's...
- First time at Ben'sChuckVIPDined on 6/25/2014We were impressed with the service (outstanding!) and the food (incredible). 2 of us had fish (salmon and Sea Bass) and one had a petit filet. Everything was perfect, and the taste was great. My daughter thought the mashed potatoes were the best she has ever had. I loved the broccoli sauteed with garlic too. Did not try deserts, but they looked wonderful. Definitely going back for a good meal or a special occasion.Special Features:
- No need to go to Brooklyn anymore1999NSXDined on 6/23/2014If you are looking for NY style steak in NYC especially trying to impress visitors from outside the US, this is it !! Look no further. They have everything you need, nothing you don't. Great service, carefully prepared food, just a well run restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Colleen HColleen57Dined on 6/21/2014Saw ad in travel nagazine and thought might be typical tourist place ... high priced, low quality! Wow, was I wrong! Started with Benjamin Salad for 2 which was delish! And tthe steaks here can ' t be beat! Enjoyed every tender bite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/15/2014I took my fiancé here for Father's Day and found a surprisingly delightful price fixe menu that was such a great value AND the same portion size as on the regular menu! Johnny the manager was very accommodating and so was our waiter. We have been to every steakhouse in the neighborhood except Benjamin's because of a few bad reviews.... Glad we didn't listen! The food was delicious, prepared exactly how we asked, the service was attentive yet not overbearing. We will definitely be back and take future out of town guests here as well. Thanks Benjamin's for a great Father's Day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steakLynnVIPDined on 6/13/2014It's like the sister to Ruth Chris. Good steaks. Over the top white glove serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BizInsbizDined on 6/11/2014We went for a business lunch with a group of 7. Wait staff was very attentive, the food came out hot, was delicious and they did not rush you. Would return. Nice venue and very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible dinner for a party of 7JTGJDined on 6/5/2014The porterhouse here is better than Peter Lugers - plus you don't have to leave manhattan. Better than Quality Meats too - although families with kids may find Quality Meats more appealing. Ambience wise Benjamin's is a quintessential old school steakhouse so be prepared for lots of testosterone and noise. Canadian bacon and crab cakes are also heavenly. Finally the service here is excellent too. Incredible dining and culinary experience for any meat lover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak PleaseManaspenDined on 6/3/2014I try not to eat red meat that much, but when I do, the Benjamin is on the top of the list of places to eat. The porterhouse is amazing, the wine list is great, the salads are excellent, and the bar pours nice heavy top shelf liquors. Even the fish is excellent... The wait staff is very attentive and management walks around checking on folks. Get to know them.Special Features:
- Expected betterOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/2/2014Everything about this experience was great except for our steak for two. The flavor of the grill seasoning was wonderful and cooked perfectly but there was so much grissel running through the steak, very difficult to chew. I just expected better quality of meat. Hopefully this was just our steak because the flavor is really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Sunday breakfastStitchVIPDined on 6/1/2014Steak and eggs were perfect -- great way to start the day. And, a great place to begin a Sunday walk (to walk-off the steak for breakfast).Special Features:
- Decent but c/b BetterHoneymoonerVIPDined on 5/29/2014Took a business client for dinner on Thursday night: 7:30 reservation for four. We were seated at a table large enough for two at best in the middle of the room where I had to sit with my back against a column. Service was great although could not accommodate our request for a better table. Steak is decent, but comes out in a pool of drippings and butter. I get it, that's their style, but to me when I order a steak I WANT TO TASTE STEAK... not drippings and butter. Sorry for the disappointing review, but if I'm going to spend $1,000 on a steak dinner there are better places to dine in the Big Apple! Cheers.
- HazelDined on 5/29/2014Noisy is what first comes to mind….certainly not a romantic find…good service and good food, even if prices a bit outrageous. We came the year they opened, not sure how long ago, and are pleased they are making it and have recommended to friends going to NY…food is good, portions are above average, but really pricey. I am sure most folks in there were on an expense account. The noise is incredible, we were upstairs this time, not sure which is worse, but we had to lean in to hear ourselves talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.