52 East 41st Street
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.benjaminsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2122979177x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Arturo McLeod
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
A word from Benjamin Steakhouse
For serious steak-connoisseurs, Benjamin is a must visit. The restaurant, located in the heart of Manhattan, offers the finest and carefully selected prime USDA meat, dry aged to perfection. Wide selection of wines and vintages for pairing. The 5,000 square foot restaurant features a ten-foot working fireplace, rich chocolate brown leather seating, oak wood paneling, vaulted decorative ceiling, and modern brass amber toned chandeliers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Benjamin Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (54)notable wine list (44)good for groups (43)fit for foodies (41)romantic (24)great for lunch (17)neighborhood gem (16)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014enjoyed the setting. my wife and i shared the porterhouse for two with roasted potatoes and creamed spinach which was very well cooked. would go back again the atomosphere was very hip and food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday Gal!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014My boyfriend and I went to celebrate my birthday dinner. The ambiance was nice and cozy. The service was on-point, and the food was so well-seasoned and delicious. They even bought a birthday sundae for me at no cost. I would like to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfekt foodCHMeetloverDined on 10/12/2014The perfekt steak-house. Nice, but not chaep, food. From starters til dessert everithing fits, also f the eyes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMEMACALLANDined on 10/10/2014BEST Steaks in the City. Porterhouse is a MUST tray.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/9/2014food was good, but am not a fan of places that cut my steak for me. mashed potatoes and asparagus were good sides. creamed spinach was just ok. doesn't really separate itself from ever other steak place. except for the service which is outstanding.
- Too Noisy, good servicecunpakaDined on 10/7/2014We waited 20 min, even we haf a reservation. We seated at the first floor, restaurant was too nosiy, hardly to hear each other, tables were too close, servise was good, our friends ask well done, dont ask for well down steak, it was black:)Special Features:
- muy buenomcc001Dined on 10/6/2014La especialidad es la carne T-bone muy bueno pero caro vale mucho la pena.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry SteakhouseCaesarVIPDined on 10/5/2014This restaurant was a big disappointment. Very expensive, and more importantly very tasteless and poorly prepared steaks. Also the sides were minuscule and bland. The concierge tried to warn us and direct U.S. elsewhere. This was a very important dinner for us celebrating three birthdays and came all the way from Key West Fl only to have a mediocre experience with steaks that were less flavorful than a piece of leather. They should be ashamed to serve their patrons such inferior quality food. Do not eat here!
- A real shame...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/4/2014Service was quite good and appetizers were pretty good but steak and lobster was pretty bad...and hey it's a steakhouse
- Totally love this place!stevestollroadVIPDined on 9/30/2014Great attentive staff, and awesome food. Could not ask for a better venue for any occassionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak houseeastcoastbillyDined on 9/27/2014great steak house, good ambiance, great service and food, request the corner round table if your with four to five people best seat in the house, rates with the other top dogs in the city, you will not be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014It's the third time i go to Benjamin and it hás allways been excelent. The steak for two with the frise and the spinachs are the best ever. Há da wonderfull wine. It IS expensive, of course, but worth everything peny.Special Features:
- Great food, but extremely noisyfarout58Dined on 9/17/2014When we arrived we immediately noticed the noise level but we still gave it a try. I would think the restaurant lacks atmosphere and it is difficult to talk to each other without yelling. Yet, the food (we had steak for two) was delicious! This certainly was the best steak I've ever had. I think it is a pity that you don't feel to linger and drink one or two glasses of wine (extraordinary wine list!) because it's just too loud... So if you're not bothered by the noise level and are not looking for a cozy place with elegant atmosphere you still get great food and wine!Special Features:
- Poor service to tourists1510Dined on 9/12/2014Food was pretty good but the service was very disappointed. The waiters ruined my special day. They treated businessmen as a king but tourists as a beggar. It felt like "Eat quickly and go away."Special Features:
- Great as alwaysPatriinciDined on 9/9/2014Benjamins Streakhouse has always been a favourite of mine, and it always is excellent food, the service was a bit less attentive and the portions are a bit smaller now, however it is not to be missed if you want good steak and enjoyable evening in Manhattan.Special Features:
- SoprDined on 9/8/2014this steak house is one of the best I've been. All steaks were cooked to perfectionSpecial Features:
- IncredibleGeraldDined on 9/6/2014Incredible service and food. Had dinner with my daughter and wife here. Ordered the rib eye, medium rare with a baked potato. My wife had the yellow fin tuna medium rare with a side of peas & onions. My 2 year old only wanted steak fries. I'm not much of steak eater but so far I've been to Homestead, Stk, Lugers, Primehouse, Striphouse and Del Frisco's. Enjoyed the service and food from Benjamins the most, will come back.Special Features:
- Made our anniversary specialDSR2Dined on 9/6/2014My husband picked Benjamin's to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. The restaurant has an old-world feel, with rich wood paneling and servers in white aprons and bow-ties. Classic turn of the century. Food and service were excellent and when they did not have the particular wine we wanted, they picked another that was excellent. Although everything on the menu was al a carte, the portions were generous enough for two. Would highly recommend Benjamin's for a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak will never be the sameMarekioDined on 8/31/2014Simply WOW! The wait staff was incredible, the food was amazing, worth every penny. If you want a memorable steakhouse experience, look no further.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice!tamsDined on 8/31/2014Best steak in New York, and great wine list. Good number of side dishes for the vegetarians in the group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!PAgirlDined on 8/29/2014I really enjoyed my dinner at Benjamin Steakhouse. My waiter was wonderful and attentive, the food was delicious, and I would definitely go back when I visit NY again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing little find in a great cityFoodie40Dined on 8/26/2014Benjamin steak house is an amazing find, tucked away almost easy to miss. I'm not a steak girl but I became a convert after eating at Benjamin steak house, excellent service, incredibly delicious good. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak and TrimmingsyankeefanDined on 8/19/2014I chose Benjamin for a dinner with out of town (but food sophisticate) friends who were staying in the area based on reviews and location. We were not disappointed in the least. The steak (I had rib eye, my friends had sirloin and filet) was universally excellent as were the potatoes, veggies and (light) desert. The service was a little lagging for a place a this price point but not really bad. My biggest complaint was that we were seated on the second floor (no problem) but that made it a two story trip to restrooms, consume your wine and water accordingly. (Speaking of water, kudos to Benjamin or at least our waiter for asking first if we wanted tap water and not trying to upsell the bottled stuff).Special Features:
- A NY steakhouseKWSCBDined on 8/19/2014A great palace to meet and impress out of town clients. Expensive but excellent service and fantastic steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYの真ん中でステーキを。OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014夏期旅行でNYに滞在中、アメリカらしいステーキを食べようと思い立ち、水曜の昼過ぎにOpen Table経由で20時に2名で予約。いつもこんなに簡単に予約できるかは不明です。グランドハイアット泊だったので周辺には山ほどステーキがあるわけですが、グランドセントラル駅構内のMICHAEL JORDAN'S THE STAKE HOUSEと迷った末にこちらに。決め手はPeter Luger Steak Houseの元料理人が独立してつくった店、というところ。入り口からの細い通路の先にある店内は、薄暗い照明と喧噪に包まれて（けっこうワイワイしてます）非常に好みの雰囲気でした。ビジネス、家族連れ、カップル、観光客と客層も多様。オーダーはBaked Clams、OnionSoup、Mesclun Salad（2人だったらこれが良いと言われました）、Steak for 2、Benjamin's Home Fries、と後はワインのハーフボトル（$40）などのドリンクと食後のコーヒー。〆て$212.80（税抜き）。肉のお味は期待通り。とてもアメリカンな、さっぱり焼かれた熟成赤身肉をパクパク食べるあの感じです。Peter Luger Steak House（NY）、Wolfgang's Steakhouse（六本木）を過去に経てのアメリカンステーキ３体験目ですが、今回も美味しくいただきました。アメリカンステーキ初体験で記憶が美化されているPeter Luger Steak Houseには及ばない気もしますが、とはいえそこは微差。日本人旅行者が簡単にネット予約できる店として充分におすすめできると思います。給仕の人も日本人慣れしていてフレンドリーです。Special Features:
- Great for dinnerPsakDined on 8/7/2014Had a great steak dinner with wife and kids. Was in NYC for a four day get away, and by far, our best and favourite dinner of the week. A bit noisy on the main level, but if you are seated on the second level, its better. Highly recommend this restaurant....Special Features:
- Another outstanding experiencembbellDined on 8/5/2014I have been to Benjamin's multiple times while working in Manhattan. The steaks and sides are divine, the service is outstanding and the experience is always consistently wonderful!Special Features:
- Excellent experience...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We were in NY for a wedding and it was also our anniversary. I wanted to take her somewhere nice and Benjamin did not disappoint. The wine list was enormous. The wait staff was very good. The food was delicious and the portions were huge. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was terrible.MttmDined on 7/30/2014Packed in a small table, the waiter brings food extremely late, and they never came to take our order dispute our call. I had a special guest from japan who was disappointed with this restaurant. Even a elementary kids could do better than a waiter in this restaurant, the food was great but I would never ever visit this place in future.
- Great Steaks!!!CarlVIPDined on 7/29/2014If you want a great steak, eat at Benjamin's. This was our second time at Benjamin's and their steaks are cooked to perfection. The steaks come out very hot as they finish them by heating them on the plate they serve you with. In fact, the first time there, the steak was so hot it sizzled juice right onto my tie, which they paid to have dry cleaned for me. This time, I took my tie off for dinner. I had the rib eye, which comes as a 20 ounce cut, and can highly recommend it. The steak almost melted in my mouth it tasted so good.Special Features:
- Best steakSMSBDined on 7/26/2014If you are in New York and would like a good steak then this is the place to go.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place to get your familyFood2shareDined on 7/24/2014We went from PR to NYC several times, Benjamins is a destination in any trip. Allways the experience was awsome improving anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!JennyDined on 7/21/2014The food was so unbievable I could not stop eating. The perfect restaurant for any occasion. Defiantly would reccomend to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectionjpj271Dined on 7/19/2014Started with bisque and lump crab appetizer. It was outstanding. Then steak for two. Cooked to perfection. Better flavor than any steak we have had anywhere. Then onto brulee for dessert. Ended our meal perfectly. Can't wait to go back to NY to visit.Special Features:
- Waited 35 minutes for table.luv2eatsVIPDined on 7/16/2014We had 7:45 p.m. reservations and had to wait 35 minutes before we were seated. We had to wait in the lobby because bar over crowded. Place is very loud. Food was good as it usually is, waiters are always pleasant and attentive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/14/2014One of the best steakhouses in the city. I would chose the Benjamin over every other steakhouse in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakhouseSteakhouseDined on 7/14/2014I took my oldest daughter to Benjamin's so she could experience a real steak dinner in New York City. The steak was fantastic as always, but the service was just average. I have been to this restaurant before with larger parties and the service was much better in the past. I hope that the servers remember that regardless of the size of the dinner party that a customer is a customer and service should be consistent each time. My daughter could end up being another patron in the future and I would hope her experience would be consistent each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014No surprises, perfectly cooked beef Excellent sides (great onion rings ) nice place friendly attentive staffI would recommend this to a friend.
- bcbuddhaDined on 7/12/2014We were so looking forward to celebrating my husband's birthday at restaurant but were disappointed. On the plus side the service is great, ambiance, meat is top quality, wine selection good -- but Bloody Mary disappointing, onion soup too salty for my taste. At their prices, we expected to be blown away. However, they did put a candle on our dessert and offer complimentary Port Wine so that was an extra touch. I think our expectations were so high, we felt letdown.Special Features:
- Walhalla for steak loversIvantheViking06Dined on 7/4/2014Even better than Peter Lugers !!! The steak was heavenly delicious and we even make new friends while dining in this fantastic restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.