52 East 41st Street
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.benjaminsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (212) 297-9177
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Arturo McLeod
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
A word from Benjamin Steakhouse
For serious steak-connoisseurs, Benjamin is a must visit. The restaurant, located in the heart of Manhattan, offers the finest and carefully selected prime USDA meat, dry aged to perfection. Wide selection of wines and vintages for pairing. The 5,000 square foot restaurant features a ten-foot working fireplace, rich chocolate brown leather seating, oak wood paneling, vaulted decorative ceiling, and modern brass amber toned chandeliers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Benjamin Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (63)fit for foodies (62)good for groups (53)notable wine list (45)romantic (26)great for lunch (26)neighborhood gem (18)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Amazing Service and FoodEricEZDined on 11/24/2014What more can I say? The service and food was amazing. The waiter was very attentive. Will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid steakhouseEaterDined on 11/22/2014Great quality food and service. Management here us very involved and it makes for a great all around experience. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the trip. Better steakhouses in NYralfoDined on 11/20/2014Atmosphere is very open and cold. Feel very rushed. You can tell they just want to flip tables quickly. As soon as the fork is down they are taking your plate.
- Guys Night Out @ Benjamin SteakhouseKaufmannightoutDined on 11/19/2014crowded, noisy and disorganized on entrance to restaurant; pileup at hostess desk - coat check girls have to march up stairs to deposit each coat; waited >30min for 6:30reservations for party of five. Bar was crowded and noisy. was finally seated at nice table near fireplace with offhanded apology for wait by manager- a complementary cocktail would have been appreciated. Once seated, restaurant quieted down and was served excellent meal. Steaks were delicious, excellent wine list. Would have been much better experience if chaos at hostess desk on entry could be sorted out and seating at time of reservation accomplished.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midtown gembaysideannDined on 11/19/2014Met a friend I hadn't seen in a long time near a class he was teaching. Looked online and this looked good. Very much like Peter Luger's with "steak for...name the number" Steak was good, not OMG good. We asked for asparagus as a side, we got 5 spears...for 10 dollars? The serivce was excellent, there are many people making sure that your water is poured, etc. A little noisy. Nice room. Lots of suits. And lots of languages, they cater to a continental crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love steakOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/16/2014I didn't think it was possible for me to love a steakhouse more than Wolfgang's but after visiting Benjamin's i think i found a new favorite steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Steakhouse enviornment21timesaweekVIPDined on 11/16/2014Exccellant staff deliver very good service well prepared high quaity well prepared foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Peter Luger's SecondKarenVIPDined on 11/15/2014We really enjoyed our meal at Benjamin's. Onion soup- slightly salty but good, good wedge salad, steak for two- great yet slightly smaller than Luger's, creamed spinach, 2 martini's and a hot fudge sundae. What could be better than that? Steak knife and steak sauce bottle were greasy but other than that a good find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014Very busy at evenings... Made a reservation via open table but still had to wait 15 min in the restaurant itself to be seated... Needed to wait in a very crowded bar as they were refraining people to wait by the entrance I think that the restaurant should be a bit more efficient in alloting reservation times. Other than that, the food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingUeatDined on 11/8/2014Always a great meal. I usually order steak at a Steakhouse. I had the Sea Bass that our waiter recommended. It was delish!!! Great cried, great service, great ambiance.Special Features:
- very nice mealpeteVIPDined on 11/5/2014Great steak - classic steak house formula but better scene than Lugers and much easier to get to from midtown.Special Features:
- Fantastic SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/5/2014Been here many times. It never disappoints. Everything from the french onion soup to the tuna tartare to the ribeye steaks is wonderful. Will be back soon.Special Features:
- 1st class all the wayZarathuztraDined on 11/1/2014Decor - Nice tall ceilings, well furnished, wasn't too dark like restaurants often seem to be. Not a very tight fit but there wasn't room to spread out much either, but it's NYC and that's normal. Food - STEAK! 4 of us at the table so we got steak for 2, rib eye, rack of lamb that came with asparagus, garlic mash, and mushrooms. Every single bite was delicious (I sampled all items). Each item was perfectly seasoned and perfectly cooked. We ordered the steaks medium rare, I recommend other to do so as well. Good steak is best when it's medium rare, you don't need sauces, just that good steak flavor. Drinks were good, but we came for steak. Service was exceptional, our server recommended the meal and he knew the menu front to back.Special Features:
- Good steaks skip the restGoroDined on 10/31/2014The steak was top notch. However the appetizers and salads were mediocre at best. Come for the steak and skip the rest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sublimeJoshVIPDined on 10/29/2014Best steakhouse in Manhattan. Bar none. Had the steak for two, mashed potatoes, and creamed spinach, capped off with the pecan pie and apple strudel. All are recommended highly.Special Features:
- Benjamin SteakhouserowanDined on 10/28/2014The restaurant was pretty busy when we arrived at around 6:15. We sat upstairs which had an overlook onto the diners below. I ordered the ribeye which was pretty good and they cooked it correctly. We had ordered mashed potatoes as the side and I felt that they were pretty stingy on this portion as for $13 there were about 4 scoops of potato. Much less quantity than one would get at a Ruth's Chris. The restaurant is along the same prices as a Morton's, etc.Special Features:
- Average experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/25/2014Steak is top rate, but it is all downhill after that. Shrimp cocktail were on the small side. Service was far less attentive than expected while paying top dollar. Very touristy. Bottom line: there are plenty of other steakhouses to go to. I won't be back.
- EmmaUkfoodiesDined on 10/24/2014A great place to dine . Busy & bustling but we appreciated the efficient , honest service .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Prepared Incorrectlyluv2dineoutVIPDined on 10/21/2014We visited this restaurant because of it's great reviews as a NYC steakhouse. My daughter requested her filet prepared medium, it arrived medium rare, so she sent it back for a little more time on the grill. The restaurant was very busy and when it was returned to her it was well done and overcooked. I ordered salmon which also arrived burned and dry. I would not recommend this restaurant. To be fair to the restaurant, the steak charge was removed from our bill and the waiter volunteered to prepare something else but at this point all the others members of our party had finished their meals.
- good timenyclucas512Dined on 10/18/2014enjoyed the setting. my wife and i shared the porterhouse for two with roasted potatoes and creamed spinach which was very well cooked. would go back again the atomosphere was very hip and food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday Gal!SusanaDined on 10/18/2014My boyfriend and I went to celebrate my birthday dinner. The ambiance was nice and cozy. The service was on-point, and the food was so well-seasoned and delicious. They even bought a birthday sundae for me at no cost. I would like to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfekt foodCHMeetloverDined on 10/12/2014The perfekt steak-house. Nice, but not chaep, food. From starters til dessert everithing fits, also f the eyes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMEMACALLANDined on 10/10/2014BEST Steaks in the City. Porterhouse is a MUST tray.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/9/2014food was good, but am not a fan of places that cut my steak for me. mashed potatoes and asparagus were good sides. creamed spinach was just ok. doesn't really separate itself from ever other steak place. except for the service which is outstanding.
- Too Noisy, good servicecunpakaDined on 10/7/2014We waited 20 min, even we haf a reservation. We seated at the first floor, restaurant was too nosiy, hardly to hear each other, tables were too close, servise was good, our friends ask well done, dont ask for well down steak, it was black:)Special Features:
- muy buenomcc001Dined on 10/6/2014La especialidad es la carne T-bone muy bueno pero caro vale mucho la pena.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry SteakhouseCaesarVIPDined on 10/5/2014This restaurant was a big disappointment. Very expensive, and more importantly very tasteless and poorly prepared steaks. Also the sides were minuscule and bland. The concierge tried to warn us and direct U.S. elsewhere. This was a very important dinner for us celebrating three birthdays and came all the way from Key West Fl only to have a mediocre experience with steaks that were less flavorful than a piece of leather. They should be ashamed to serve their patrons such inferior quality food. Do not eat here!
- A real shame...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/4/2014Service was quite good and appetizers were pretty good but steak and lobster was pretty bad...and hey it's a steakhouse
- Totally love this place!stevestollroadVIPDined on 9/30/2014Great attentive staff, and awesome food. Could not ask for a better venue for any occassionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak houseeastcoastbillyDined on 9/27/2014great steak house, good ambiance, great service and food, request the corner round table if your with four to five people best seat in the house, rates with the other top dogs in the city, you will not be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014It's the third time i go to Benjamin and it hás allways been excelent. The steak for two with the frise and the spinachs are the best ever. Há da wonderfull wine. It IS expensive, of course, but worth everything peny.Special Features:
- Great food, but extremely noisyfarout58Dined on 9/17/2014When we arrived we immediately noticed the noise level but we still gave it a try. I would think the restaurant lacks atmosphere and it is difficult to talk to each other without yelling. Yet, the food (we had steak for two) was delicious! This certainly was the best steak I've ever had. I think it is a pity that you don't feel to linger and drink one or two glasses of wine (extraordinary wine list!) because it's just too loud... So if you're not bothered by the noise level and are not looking for a cozy place with elegant atmosphere you still get great food and wine!Special Features:
- Poor service to tourists1510Dined on 9/12/2014Food was pretty good but the service was very disappointed. The waiters ruined my special day. They treated businessmen as a king but tourists as a beggar. It felt like "Eat quickly and go away."Special Features:
- Great as alwaysPatriinciDined on 9/9/2014Benjamins Streakhouse has always been a favourite of mine, and it always is excellent food, the service was a bit less attentive and the portions are a bit smaller now, however it is not to be missed if you want good steak and enjoyable evening in Manhattan.Special Features:
- SoprDined on 9/8/2014this steak house is one of the best I've been. All steaks were cooked to perfectionSpecial Features:
- IncredibleGeraldDined on 9/6/2014Incredible service and food. Had dinner with my daughter and wife here. Ordered the rib eye, medium rare with a baked potato. My wife had the yellow fin tuna medium rare with a side of peas & onions. My 2 year old only wanted steak fries. I'm not much of steak eater but so far I've been to Homestead, Stk, Lugers, Primehouse, Striphouse and Del Frisco's. Enjoyed the service and food from Benjamins the most, will come back.Special Features:
- Made our anniversary specialDSR2Dined on 9/6/2014My husband picked Benjamin's to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. The restaurant has an old-world feel, with rich wood paneling and servers in white aprons and bow-ties. Classic turn of the century. Food and service were excellent and when they did not have the particular wine we wanted, they picked another that was excellent. Although everything on the menu was al a carte, the portions were generous enough for two. Would highly recommend Benjamin's for a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak will never be the sameMarekioDined on 8/31/2014Simply WOW! The wait staff was incredible, the food was amazing, worth every penny. If you want a memorable steakhouse experience, look no further.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice!tamsDined on 8/31/2014Best steak in New York, and great wine list. Good number of side dishes for the vegetarians in the group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!PAgirlDined on 8/29/2014I really enjoyed my dinner at Benjamin Steakhouse. My waiter was wonderful and attentive, the food was delicious, and I would definitely go back when I visit NY again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.