18 Tamalpais Drive
Corte Madera, CA 94925Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.benissimos.com/
- Phone: 4159272316
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Tony
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for further details.
- Private Party Contact: Mario or Tony 4159272316
A word from Benissimo
Benissimo Ristorante and Bar was established in 1987 and is located in beautiful downtown Corte Madera. Our regular customers love the new remodeled dining room and enjoy a romantic evening in our full bar area, while listening to the live jazz music. They also enjoy the new menu which offers the best quality and fairest price. You will also find our happy hour, early special, and daily specials in our menu choices. For take-out, parties, and catering, please call (415)927-2316 ------------------ PACIFIC SUN : December 1995 (WORD OF MOUTH - One of the most pleasurable surprises of the year was my discovery of Benissimo Ristorante at 18 Tamalpais Drive in Corte Madera,.......one visit will make you realize that this is the best Italian restaurant in Marin, and one of the best in Bay Area.) Charles Martell-Mill Valley Marin Scope: (A charming, reliable neighborhood Italian trattoria)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Benissimo reviews from OpenTable diners
- Way too loud, couldn't hearOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2012Way too loud, couldn't hear conversation with others at our table. Remodel looks nice, but they forgot sound dampening.Special Features:
- Mediocre at bestNoReservationsVIPDined on 9/24/2012There are many wonderful Italian restaurants in Marin. This isn't one of them.
- We loved our dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/15/2012We loved our dinner with friends on Saturday night... what a lovely restaurant with charming staff.Special Features:
- Food was very tasty but, forMariniteVIPDined on 9/15/2012Food was very tasty but, for the first time, was only lukewarm.Special Features:
- Had a reservation for 7:00pm...WaitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2012Had a reservation for 7:00pm...Waited 45 minutes to be seated, then waited another 15 minutes for a waiter to show up!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Love this place! My grandparents,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2012Love this place! My grandparents, parents and now my husband & I have made this a part of our life. We love the food, the owners and everything about this place. You really can't go wrong and the specials are always a treat!Special Features:
- We enjoyed our dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2012We enjoyed our dining experience with one exception: the live music was not appropriate for such a small dining room. Although the guitarist was very good, both playing and singing, it interfered with our ability to carry on a conversation. Prices were very fair, the service very good as was the food. We will return on a night without live entertainment.Special Features:
- Another wonderful meal hereExcellentVIPDined on 8/25/2012Another wonderful meal here - gracious, relaxed, professional service, delicious food, reasonable prices. Loved it.Special Features:
- Wonderful neighborhood spotJeanVIPDined on 8/20/2012Wonderful neighborhood spot with fresh ingredients - small plates are excellent for sharing and the fish is always fresh and excellently prepared.Special Features:
- The food was okay, but nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2012The food was okay, but nothing special, and definitely didn't merit the prices paid.
- we had a very enjoyable mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/15/2012we had a very enjoyable meal at Benissimo. The menu is very diverse, and included three daily specials. both my wife and i enjoyed our selections (roast chicken, calamari). food was delicous, especially the polenta. nice wine menu, with many choices (including very affordable house selections). service was very friendly, and very efficient. we felt very welcome by the owners when we arrived, and they were anxious to hear feedback on the food. i would highly recommend to anyone dining in the Corte Madera area.Special Features:
- We had an excellent time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2012We had an excellent time at Benissimo! We went for a bridal shower/bachelorette evening! We received wonderful service and all the "regulars" were very friendly!Special Features:
- Very nice neighborhood gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/17/2012This neighborhood restaurant is a warm, inviting place. The owners are brothers and they welcome you with warmth and a smile. The value of the food vs the price is terrific and it is nice they have a full bar in case you feel like a cocktail. The choices on the menu are diverse for an Italian restaurant. Everyone can find something to eat and it is consistently very good!Special Features:
- Most of the staff give offOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2012Most of the staff give off a very warm personable family vibe. They are very welcoming.Special Features:
- My salmon was tender and delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012My salmon was tender and delicious! My only complaint was our salad greens were not as fresh as I thought it would be since the quality of the rest of our dinner was great!Special Features:
- 25 minutes is too long to waitjoharafDined on 6/6/2012(Note: OpenTable required a food rating - I guessed.) When our party of three arrived a few minutes before our reservation time, the restaurant was full of apparently happy diners. The sunny, comfortable room was slightly noisy like an energetic party. It felt like a fun evening. The host pointed to a table and assured us we'd be seated soon. At his suggestion, we took seats at the bar. 15 minutes later, two groups who followed us in were seated. When asked why they were seated before us we were told (1) they had reservations (hmmm, so did we) (2) they were groups of four - one had a baby. Apparently, groups of four get priority over groups of three. At 25 minutes after our scheduled reservation time, we left and ate elsewhere.
- Intimate & LovelyDarstcoachVIPDined on 6/1/2012What a sweet little place! Very welcoming, and wonderful food. I live in LA, and am only in Marin on occasion, but I almost always go to Benissimo. It's in a lovely area of Corte Madera, tucked away from the crowds at other dinner locations.Special Features:
- My husband and I stopped goingsjs57VIPDined on 5/19/2012My husband and I stopped going to Bennisimos a while ago - it's wasn't that impressive and it just sort of fell out of rotation. We noticed that they had done some renovating recently and decided to give it a try again. We love the new bar they put it. It is comfortable, attractive and great for bar dinners which we love. I've had two dinners there recently and both were really good. Veal Saltimboca with penne - great, my husband had steak, a friend the carbonara. All attractively served. I like the menu a lot - you can go there frequently and not have to repeat much. They have a great earlybird supper from 4-7. Again, good choices and a great value. It is a friendly place.Special Features:
- Consistently good food. VeryMariniteVIPDined on 5/18/2012Consistently good food. Very accommodating to making adjustments to meals.Special Features:
- Vada altrove!IndaknowVIPDined on 5/14/2012A nice welcoming by the owner, we stepped into obviously a neighborhood joint ::: Service was friendly ::: There are an awful lot of things on the menu for a small place - typically a red flag for us ::: We found the quality, taste and presentation of the food to be slightly less than average - our Caesar salads had a nice dressing but the romaine was all hacked up rather than in spears, a pasta special of Manicotti was salty and the pasta was unevenly cooked, a Chicken Breast Marsala was unremarkable with a bare hint of Marsala flavor ::: We were rather disappointed, would have been much better off at Il Fornaio with better food and atmosphere for the almost the same price...
- Bit of a Bad Night for FlavorOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/13/2012I really like Benissimo's and wanted to have as good an experience on Mother's Day as we have had in the past. Although we had a nice evening and enjoyed ourselves immensely, the food and service were not what we have come to expect. All dishes lacked basic seasoning. The risotto was not helped by the addition of chicken and was entirely lacking in salt. I requested parmesan cheese as there was no hint of any in the dish. I needed to ask twice more before getting the cheese. It helped but seasoning the dish while still on heat would have been more effective. Caprese salad also lacking. The tiramisu seeped with wet not from liquer, but with water. It made the dessert tasteless and indicated freezing. Not so good.
- We love Benissimo; good food,WineFoodieVIPDined on 5/13/2012We love Benissimo; good food, personable service, we're regulars.Special Features:
- Food is pretty good. The boothskg11VIPDined on 5/12/2012Food is pretty good. The booths are nice and comfortable. Ambiance is cozy. The service is poor. They bring the food when you have not yet completed your current course. They clear some of the plates off the table when others are still eating...That completely diminishes the enjoyment of an evening out.
- Always can count on a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/28/2012Always can count on a great dinner at Benissimo! Wonderful owners, service outstanding!Special Features:
- The two brothers who own thefoodmeVIPDined on 4/28/2012The two brothers who own the place make you feel very welcome from the first visit. The food is both good and reasonable. Always happy hour and early bird specials. Comfortable bar to eat at. It's the type of place that if you are local you could eat here once a week.Special Features:
- Very good neighborhood placeSFNative48VIPDined on 4/23/2012Very good neighborhood place with tasty food at reasonable prices. Wonderful service. I had a question about one of the salad dressings and the server brought me a sample to taste. This is a very comfortable place. I could hear my dinner companion's conversation without straining!Special Features:
- We keep going back....JohnVIPDined on 4/21/2012We keep going back so we must like it. It is a nice combination of upscale atmosphere, good food, and reasonable prices.Special Features:
- After a few not so great experienceSandy94901VIPDined on 4/21/2012After a few not so great experiences, Benissimo seems to be back on track....yay! Best linguini and clams in Marin!
- bad experience!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/13/2012It took a while for us to get our menus to start with. The drinks and appetizer were good. The bread was stale and really hard. We finally got our food. I had rissoto with salmon...rissoto was uncooked and the salmon was in bits...I had to get up and ask for some parmesean...any thing to help because it was so bland. My husband had veal which he couldn't eat because it was full of fat. It was very noisy and the front door would slam everytime someone came in. The waiter didn't even know what I ordered, which makes me think it didn't look at all like it should have. $100 meal that really was not worth that. Very disappointing experience. We will never be back and would not recommend it.
- Standby that never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/7/2012Another wonderful dinner at Benissimo. Syrah blend by the glass was a perfect complement to the delicious food. We'll definitely return.Special Features:
- Great food/ambiance and willOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/5/2012Great food/ambiance and will definitely go back, but hopefully get better service next time. They have a lovely bar but it doesn't seem to be the typical pickup place. Just people relaxing and eating and sometimes striking up a conversation - my favorite "bar scene".
- Good place for a good dinner.JohnVIPDined on 4/4/2012We have eaten at Benissimo three times now over the past several months and have had three very nice experiences. Good food, friendly service, very nice atmostphere, unpretentious, and fairly priced. We especially appreciate the fact you can get a good bottle of wine for under $30. Just a good place for a good dinner.Special Features:
- Benissimo is really good!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/19/2012I was so pleased with the fresh delicious food, good service and cozy atmosphere that I went back the next night with a group of friends!Special Features:
- Great People...Great Food!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/10/2012Our experience began with a warm greeting from Mario. We were escorted to the bar area and our children were offered a small table to wait for our reservation. Bar service was a little slow but the bartender and surrounding staff were very accommodating and apologized for any wait. Our cocktails came and we were seated shortly thereafter. We had a very comfortable booth with our two children and it was not too noisy even though the bar was still "happening". The service and recommendations were excellent and each one of our party thoroughly enjoyed the meal and the experience. The wine was "as advertised" and a good value for the quality of Italian vino. Service was great and I would highly recommend Benissimo!Special Features:
- The food remains consistentlySandy94901VIPDined on 3/10/2012The food remains consistently good and the service consistently bad. We waited forever for our server to show up. Order taken and my husbands martini arrived after our salads and we never received bread....entres were luke warm. Sad...should be great.
- Early Bird SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/5/2012This is a good neighborhood place. We've been going there for years. This time we discovered an early bird four course meal from 5 to 7 pm that was tasty and made a relaxing dining experience for us all. We will do this again.Special Features:
- This restaurant is a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/4/2012This restaurant is a great neighborhood gem that is consistent with its food and service. The have great dinner specials so the menu changes periodically and they also offer different things on different nights during the week: free corkage, happy hour all evening, jazz on another night, etc.Special Features:
- We always have a special timeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/3/2012We always have a special time at Benissimo's. Theowners and staff are super attentive. Once you get to know them it is liking dining in your home and being served; but quietly. If choices or special plate changes are requested they almost always find a way to accomodate. We have been going here for the last 3 years and enjoy each visit.Special Features:
- While filled with patronsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/24/2012While filled with patrons on a Friday night, this restaurant has a ways to go in terms of todays competitive world of dining for dollars. Service was barely acceptable if that and the food was in the same range. The bottle of wine that we purchased was reasonalby priced and a therefore a good value.
- Benissimo is a lovely placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/19/2012Benissimo is a lovely place to grab dinner with friends where the atmosphere allows for conversation. The Early Bird special is a perfect way to enjoy a good meal without killing the pocketbook.Special Features: