5666 Sherbrooke Est
Montreal, QC H1N 1A1Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.benihanamontreal.com/
- Phone: 5142547161
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steakhouse, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Beni Hana
Entrer dans le merveilleux monde culinaire de la cuisine japonaise de Beni Hana offrant 2 expériences culinaires uniques. Les invités peuvent profiter du spectacle et des saveurs incomparables de notre authentique teppan-yaki japonais (cuisine sur plaque de fer), préparés directement à votre table par des chefs experts du maniement de couteau. Beni Hana est mieux reconnu comme le premier Steakhouse japonais à Montréal ayant les chefs de teppan les plus talentueux dans le secteur et servant la plus haute qualité de nourriture disponible comme le boeuf, fruits de mer et volailles. Nos invités peuvent aussi choisir de dîner dans une atmosphère plus intime et paisible ou dans de traditionnelles chambres de Tatami privées où nous offrons le meilleur et le plus frais sushi en ville. Les chambres de Tatami sont composés de tables bases au niveau du plancher pour que votre soirée soit confortable. Notre chef de sushi principal séduira nos invités avec certaines de ses créations originale.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Beni Hana reviews from OpenTable diners
- Fun for the kidsFrancoisDined on 3/5/2014After a day of activity in the botanical garden with the family, my granddaughters wanted to eat seafood. I had not been to Beni Hana for a while but i was sure that the cooking spectacle would be fun for the children. The food was excellent, the ambiance was fun, our cook did a nice show for the kids. the portions were large and it was a lot of fun for the whole family. We have already decided to return to celebrate the next birthday party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great performance of the chief.CamiDined on 2/26/2014Great performance of the chief. He interacted a lot whith us and his cooking was just awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- À EssayerBakapuluDined on 12/6/2013Ambiance extrèmement bruyante qu'on entend même pas le cuisto, mais beau spectacle d'acrobatie culinaire! Manque toutefois de choix de légume à marier avec les viandes...à essayer quand même, c'est intéressant!Special Features:
- It seems that only the chefGIGLIDined on 11/29/2013It seems that only the chef cooking at our table was not enjoying himself. All other table cooking chefs were making a great show to impress and entertain the kids and adults around their table. That cooking chef at our table was a great disappointment.Special Features:
- Nice showPotsocDined on 11/24/2013Besides the excellent food, the show given by the cook at your table is quite entertaining and the kids, small and at heart, love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flabbergasting Japonese cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2013It was a very very good experience. The Chef was really funny and the food was so good. The ambiance was perfect! Not too loud, just enough to create an energetic ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good times withJoluisDined on 10/8/2013Great food, good times with friends and family to celebrate my husband's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to go with friendstoastyourbreadDined on 9/15/2013I had a family member from Europe visiting Montreal. She was deiighted with her first experience at this restaurant. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little lovebslsDined on 9/12/2013Food is fairly good but the housekeeping standards are week and needs major renovationSpecial Features:
- Fun birthday5eatersDined on 9/8/2013Suzuki gave us a wonderful show and everything was really tasty. Great dining experience and wonderful servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weak Hibachi ShowkwagDined on 7/21/2013Let me first start with the good...the food was excellent and the portions were great. The staff was nice. But, out of all the hibachi restuarants I have ever been to I have never experienced a cook who DID NOTHING...NO SHOW. Our chef simply stood there and prepared the food. It was my daughters 21st birthday as I did indicate to them and I wanted a fun atmosphere for her only to be extrememly disappointed. Our guests have never been to Hibachi and I bragged about what a fun time they were about to have and was embarrassed afterwards. There were other tables around us and only 1 chef interacted with thier guests. I spent a lot of money for 9 of us and wish I would booked a different restaurant.Special Features:
- nice experience overallgoguDined on 7/7/2013The food and the service are excellent. Price range somewhere in the middle, not expensive but not cheap. Our chef was kind of quiet and there wasn't much entertainment at our table. The chef next table was really expansive and entertaining. His name was Steve. If you make a reservation ask for Steve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, will definitelyKFMIDined on 6/30/2013Excellent food, will definitely go back again. Kids loved it, especially when the chef lit the food on fire!Special Features:
- I have been to many JapaneseMattDined on 6/18/2013I have been to many Japanese Steak Houses and was very excited about Beni Hana's as it is world renowned. However the show from the cheif was horrible. All he did was light an onion in fire, which is cool, but that is it. I have witnessed many shows and was waiting for him to do more, but he didnt. You go to a steak house for two things. They are food and the show. The food was amazing, the show was lacking. I think I may stick to the small mom and pop Japanese Steakhouses from now on.
- Cool and differentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/10/2013This place was awesome, we have one like this in Vancouver and its called Kobe, same concept. We love the interaction and the show the chef puts on, he makes a volcano outta the union rings and the makes it irrupt. We're for sure going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent beyond excellent!!!JRhinoVIPDined on 6/2/2013Food is fantastic and the quality is superb. Great value and fantastic atomesphere with top-shelf service. Large menus to choose from. Something for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BookingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2013Don't forget to book in advance, it's always full.Special Features:
- Long time fanMax1Dined on 5/7/2013I've always been a fan of the Japanese style restaurants where they cook in front of you, and you can't go wrong with Beni Hana. This time we had a hilarious chef that made jokes and sang a pop song or two. You can look forward to a good time and amazing food.Special Features:
- This is a wonderful restaurantMontrealGourmandVIPDined on 4/15/2013This is a wonderful restaurant for groups - the entertainment is fun. The restaurant has a wonderful Ambiance.Special Features:
- Sunday night dinner, you reallyGeoffDined on 4/7/2013Sunday night dinner, you really felt the all staff had only one thing in mind: the end of their shift.Special Features:
- This is a wonderful restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013This is a wonderful restaurant with impeccable service! The food was amazing - while we were waiting for the rest of the party to arrive, we ordered some appetizers - gyoza and tempura vegetables - both dishes were cooked and spiced to perfection! Most of us ordered the Bento which included a chicken and beef broth soup with caramelized onions, mushrooms and green onions - a combination that was liked by everyone. A fresh and crispy green salad followed and then the main dish. The portions were generous and tasty and the Bento has a little of everything. I would recommend this restaurant for birthdays or just friendly get-togethers with friends and family. A return visit is in the near future.Special Features:
- Fun TimesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/19/2013I took my wife a few weeks ago just off of a whim in search for food, had a wonderful time. Energetic chef's made the Saturday evening a lot of fun for the two of us. With that, I organized a group from work to go on a tuesday night. We were 16 people, all at the same table around the chefs. The setting for everyone to see each other and interact with each other and the chefs was spot on and the group had a really nice time. The ambience for a Tuesday wasn't as energetic as the Saturday crowd, but that seems normal especially considering that it was the same day as a snow storm. But it was a really fun time with great food. Great for just a couple or for big groups.Special Features:
- Our group (6 people) wentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/10/2013Our group (6 people) went to Beni Hana to celebrate a birthday and we very much appreciated the Happy Birthday song "in French" ! Everyone of us enjoyed the food,prepared by a real "chef" and the service by a very nice waitress. We look forward to our next visit at Beni Hana.Special Features:
- J'y suis allé pour la St-ValentinOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013J'y suis allé pour la St-Valentin et les tables étaient beaucoup pleine qu'à l'habitude. Un peu plus et j'avais le coude de la personne a coter de moi dans mon repas. Je suis venu près d'une vingtaine de fois et j'ai toujours apprécier le spectacle des cuisiniers, cependant cette fois-ci il n'avait pas le sens du spectacle comparativement au autres tables alentour de moi ( chants, prouesse avec les spatules, feu dans l’oignon, rien de cela n'a été fait, seulement une cuisson normale, ce qui m'a moins plus qu'à l'habitude car l'ambiance de ce restaurant est palpitante ). Nourriture à couper le souffle, toujours aussi excellente, boisson parfaite ( cocktail sur demande excellent ), rien à reprocher sur l'ensemble à part ces petits détails.Special Features:
- Food was excellent. I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/13/2013Food was excellent. I expected a little more showmanship from the chef, not sure if it isn't their style at this restaurant, or if it was just Sunday evening wasn't the A-team on deck, but the cooking was still fun to watch.Special Features:
- Nous aimons beaucoup allerAuthenticDined on 1/11/2013Nous aimons beaucoup aller manger chez Beni Hana. Nous retournerons. Cette fois ci nous avons fait connaitre le restaurant à des amis. Ils ont beaucoup aimé et ils reviendront vous visiter. MerciSpecial Features:
- EXCELLENTOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/30/2012The service was excellent. The staff was very attentive. Food was very good but we found the dipping sauce was not as good as we had in a Beni Hana before.Special Features:
- This is my second time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2012This is my second time at Beni Hana, and the first time whit my family. THEY LOVED IT! They want to celebrate each birthday here. And we will. :)Special Features:
- The food was great, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012The food was great, but the reservation didn't workSpecial Features:
- When I was young, we usedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2012When I was young, we used to go to Hibachi restaurant on a regular basis. My wife and daugther had never been. It was a fun experience for both of them. Food was FANTASTIC. my only complaint is that the Chef did not do some important tricks like he volcanoe with the onion and the spinning juggling of he eggs. The waitress could have been a bit more amicable too.Special Features:
- Encore meilleur à plusieursOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2012Beni Hana est une expérience qui est encore meilleure à plusieurs. Bien qu'on y mange très bien, on ne parle pas ici de grande gastronomie, mais plutôt d'un agréable souper-spectacle au cours duquel nous voyons nos plats prendre forme sous nos yeux à partir d'ingrédients frais. Chaque « chef » a ses trucs pour divertir ses convives. Parfait pour les occasions spéciales ou les petits groupes.Special Features:
- Very good and abundant food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2012Very good and abundant food! Good service, a very pleasant evening out!Special Features:
- Un autre souper innoubliable, merciOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2012Comme toujours, un souper réussi. Malgré que je connaisse par coeur vos scénarions, on s'en tanne jamais!Special Features:
- I was not impressed that theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012I was not impressed that the server didn't not advise of prices when asked if changes to food could be done. As well, prices where rediculous when it came to alcool beverages. I almost had a heart attack with the price when I received my bill at the end of the night. I will not be returning anytime soon because of those prices. Food was excellent and so was our cook. Very funny.Special Features:
- The best Restaurant in the City.AubeyVIPDined on 8/7/2012I went to Beni Hana with wife my wife. We both ordered Beni Hana special. We sat at table 31. The Service was excellent. We had Johnson cooking for us. Mike who usually cooks for us was on vacation. Johnson was very attenruve to are needs. I hope one day Beni Hana will open a restaurant in the west end. Till then I will come to the restaurant on Sherbrooke St. E. I will recommend Bemi Hana to my friends and family.Special Features:
- Beni Hana always good foodAuthenticDined on 8/1/2012We enjoyed the food and the way the chef prepares it in front of you. Our group was only three and we we seated we a couple of guys. The tables can seat 9 to 10 guests. The chef interacts with guests by joking and making tricks . The chef asks how each guest likes his meat cooked and prepares it accordingly. Wonderful dining .Special Features:
- The best restaurant in the city.AubeyVIPDined on 7/30/2012I ate at Beni Hana on July 30,2012 I ate at table 31. The service was excellent. The food was outstanding. I had Mike cook for me. Mike did an excellent job at the grill. I hope one day Beni Hana will open a restaurant in the west end. Till then I will keep coming to your Sherbrooke St. East Restaurant alone or with my wife. I would recommend Beni Hana to my friends and family.Special Features:
- The Restaurant ever ate inAubeyVIPDined on 7/10/2012The serice was excellent. Mike was the cook did an outstanding job. I would recommend him. I enjoyed the food very much. I ate rhe Beni Hana special and would recommend to my family and friends too. I will come again with my wife or by myself. I still hope one day there would be a Beni Hana Restaurant in the west end. Till then I will visit your restaurant on Sherbrooke East.Special Features:
- The best resturant ever.AubeyVIPDined on 7/6/2012This was the first time in about 4 to 8 years since it move from Decarie. How to inprove the service. 1) Open a resturant in the west end. It took me over 1 hr. to get to the resturant. 2) The sevice was outsanding. 3) If the Ice cream was not avalabele or if there is and extra cost the waitress must tell us if theres an extra cost. 4) The waitress did not know. 5) over all the service was outstanding. 6) I would come back to this resturant again alone or with my wife.Special Features:
- Wow. We had a great time.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/24/2012Wow. We had a great time. The food was good and the ambiance was perfect for our family. My kids had never had teppanyaki and really enjoyed it. Although the price was above average, we will probably go back.Special Features: