111 Salem Street
Boston, MA 02113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.beneventosboston.com/
- Phone: 6175234111
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 12:00am, Sunday:11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Benevento's
'The casual fare fits the cozy place, which is warmed by wood paneling, a marble bar, and a mocha tine ceiling.' - TVDinerContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Benevento's reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (57)kid-friendly (24)good for groups (24)great for lunch (19)fit for foodies (18)special occasion (16)hot spot (11)late-night find (7)romantic (5)scenic view (5)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Long wait and poorly cooked mealbringthenoiseDined on 8/9/2014If you want to wait outside for 40 minutes after your reservation time, then another 20 minutes for a half cooked pizza topped with "mixed greens" placed on after the pizza is "cooked", then by all means go here. I was completely dissatisfied with my visit here and will not return to this establishment.
- Great pizza!KrissyDined on 8/7/2014My two kids and I had an enjoyable dinner at Benvenetos. We were there on a Thursday evening at 5:00 and it was not busy or loud. One of my kids is gluten free and he LOVED the gluten free pizza (they also offered GF pasta). There is a $3.50 charge for gluten free which is stated on the menu and worth it IMHO if he likes it and is happy. The regular crust pizza was a hit as well. Both were large enough to eat for dinner and bring plenty home for leftovers. Lobster ravioli was good, not great, although I ate almost the entire thing. Next time I'm going to try a pizza. If you want good food and a nice atmosphere, this is a great spot. Would make a nice date night spot too. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little hole in the wallDiver794Dined on 8/1/2014The wife and I always enjoy a quick meal from Benevento's. It's always fast and perfect, the home made pasta is our favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMkareniskweenDined on 7/30/2014Great food! I had a group of two adults and four teenagers and it was a hit! Probably not the best for little kids, but they have plenty of options as one of my teenagers still eats like a four year old--and she did not have a problem.Special Features:
- Not a fanksusueDined on 7/29/2014We travelled up and down the East Coast and used UrbanSpoon ratings to choose restaurants in each of the cities (always going with 90% or higher plus reading reviews). This was our only disappointment. Unlike the other restaurants in the area, the windows don't open up in front. It was such a gorgeous night, it would've been wonderful to have fresh air filling the place. The service was actually great, but the food was okay. I wasn't very impressed with the pizza (which they are known for). The pasta we ordered or the kids (adult size serving of linguine marinara) was pretty tasty. But it wasn't something we would crave or make a special trip for.
- a great taste of the north endNewCitizenofBostonDined on 7/28/2014Went with a group of three friends for a picturesque dinner in the North End. Meal was classic Italian and booking ahead gave us absolutely no wait. Would easy here again with friends or family, but definitely only in small parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014Excellent food, wine and service. Had a great evening with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing casual foodTilly2104Dined on 7/19/2014Everything, from the fried calamari to the pasta to the pizza was amazing. Laid back, casual, and VERY popular with the locals. Expect a significant wait, been with a reservation. Worth it though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening at Beneventos!JeanneDined on 7/19/2014We had friends visiting from out of town, so were grateful to be able to make a reservation for 7 people on a very busy Saturday night, and the table was ready for us when we got there (8pm). Our waitress, Amanda, was the best - so personable and had great suggestions. We had salads, pizzas and pastas, plus wine, and everything was delicious. Very generous portions, quality ingredients, great variety, and reasonable prices. Our guests were especially impressed when Amanda brought us complimentary limencello at the end of the meal - nice touch! We will definitely be coming back!Special Features:
- Doesn't exciteSurryVIPDined on 7/18/2014We were very impressed by the man seating the guests. I had only booked for 4 and when5 of us showed up, he found us a table after only a short wait. Our server was excellent but none of the food was great. The pizza was disappointing with unexceptional crust. The reason for booking was based on the excellent pizza reviews. We have eaten much better brick oven pizza. It's a shame. The tables that face the bathrooms are terribly un appealing. Ours did and every time someone opened the bathroom door we looked right at the toilet. This is clearly unappetizing in a restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood FindTinaKDined on 7/17/2014Loved this place. One of few places in the North End with a full bar. The food was delicious....especially the mussels in marinara sauce. The brick-oven pizza was the best in the North End....including Regina's. The pasta was fresh and cooked to perfection....al dente....with amazing sauces (we had a carbonara and a bolognese). The service was exceptional. The only negative was the price of a glass of wine ($11). Other than that, we highly recommend Benevento's and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible foodmikrr43VIPDined on 7/17/2014Avoid at all costs. This is some of the worst pseudo-Italian food that I've ever paid for (and barely eaten). Tough, fat, chewy pasta. Bland over-cooked tomato sauce. More garlic than I though was possible to shovel onto one sad entree. Overall, a disgrace. Save your money and look elsewhere.
- ExcellentadayinthebiteDined on 7/13/2014Benevento's is a solid gold, delicious italian restaurant in the No. End. Basic homemade, consistent, great sauces, great pizzas. This is our go-to spot. www.adayinthebite.com A Day in the Bite Alexis AvilaSpecial Features:
- pretty good choice in the north endjam1231Dined on 7/13/2014Came in with a group of 10. We asked to push our reservation back by half an hour at the last minute and they were very accommodating. Our table was in the basement. I wasn't excited to be seated in the basement at first, but it wasn't bad at all. I also understand that with a large group like ours, it was pretty much the only place we could have been seated since the main floor isn't that big. It was quiet there and we were all able to talk. We each ordered something different, and everyone was pleased with their meal. I had the chicken, broccoli, and penne in a white wine garlic sauce and it was very good. The menu is pretty standard for the north end, but they have a nice selection of pizzas, which isn't something you see everywhere.Special Features:
- DisappointingDine2nightDined on 7/12/2014The food was mediocre but for the North End, it was disappointing. The antipasto was all lettuce not enough meat or cheese. We were placed at a table next to where all the dirty dishes get loudly dumped.
- JenniferDined on 7/12/2014Everything was great, especially the amazing food. There are no words to describe how incredible the chicken special with risotto in a marsala sauce was. It's very loud, like all North End restaurants. The only thing we didn't like was that we were asked to move our tables down so they could accomodate a large party next to us. We had food on our table and it was not the time to rearrange the tables. thery even asked a couple next to us to move to another table on the other side of us. Not cool. But, they did give us a round of drinks on the house which was a nice gesture, asd well as the owner/chef was very appreciative. I will definetly go again!
- Yummy!BostonDined on 7/11/2014They honored our reservation and our table was waiting when we arrived. Staff, especially our waitress Diane, were very friendly. The 4 of us all got something different and we all loved our food! The meatballs and marinara sauce were especially delicious. We will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/10/2014the food was good,service very good . We had pizza and pasta and everything was really good !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MicheleDined on 7/8/2014Host did not greet us when we walked in. He then only would put us at the table at the front door although there were other tables available. He said he had a large party coming in later. What is the sense of a reservation? Many other good restaurants in the area. Would not try again.
- The real dealBigRichVIPDined on 7/4/2014Liked this place so much I had to go back. Authentic Italian served perfect every time. Great portions and quality especially in the Boston's North End.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/2/2014We had a reservation for 8 pm for 7 but there was a table of two that was lingering -- they were using that to make our table of 7. Melissa the hostess was great -- she suggested that we get a glass of wine and we could stand in the outside alcove -- which was great. The food was great -- and service terrific -- Amanda took care of us and she was very attentive. Will definitely recommendSpecial Features:
- You can do better in the North EndRonnyDined on 7/1/2014Very good food but the interior and the service were nothing special. Underwhelmed that this was our choice for our only visit to the north end.
- Excellent foodXzbyDined on 6/29/2014Everything we ordered was delicious; including fig salad, pasta dishes and gluten free pizza! The only problem was that we made a reservation for 6 pm (which is on the early side) and they didn't have a table ready so we had to wait about 30 mins.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love ! Love ! Love !Patty3404Dined on 6/27/2014We had a reservation for 3 of us for 6pm , arrived early and seated us no problem . From the moment we were seated , we were well taken care of . Diane was our waitress and we would have enjoyed hanging out with her at our girlfriends getaway ! She was so nice ! The drinks were great , had coconut mojitos , yummy ! For an app had pumpkin ravioli , so good and filling that I Should have stopped there . But did I , no ! Had homemade pasta with a wonderful sauce . Portions so large I took the rest home & had enough for 2 more meals . As a final gesture from the restaurant , we received a free shot of Limoncello . Liked that so much I bought a bottle to take home !Great place for a girlfriends getaway & can't wait to return w/ the hubs !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to eat, unless...NYCWeekenderDined on 6/21/2014you have a large party. Made a reservation 2 weeks prior to dining there. Called and confirmed to make sure it would not be an issue to have a party of 8 on a Saturday night, and was told it would be fine. Upon arriving had to wait about 25 minutes for our table, which is fine given it was a Saturday night and we had a large party. Eventually we were seated, but not at one table, but at two tables, that were not even directly next to one another - which completely defeats the purpose of going out as a large party. Food and service was good and I would go back as a couple, but never again as a party of more than 4.
- Excellent Again!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2014We attended Benevento's after a afternoon Red Sox game. There were 10 people in our party The service was fantastic and the food was amazing! We have dined at Benevento's on 3 separate occasions and each time was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, Bad atmosphere1stTimerDined on 6/18/2014We were stuck in the very back by the back door and also by the stairs where they were doing construction. Very noisy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- North End Gluten FreeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2014Great gluten free options! I go here for the plentiful gluten free pasta options and pizza options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitJavaRNDined on 6/7/2014I brought my daughter into Boston with three friends to celebrate her 16th birthday. I am glad we had an early reservation as I saw the line out the door as we left. The service was great- warm, friendly and efficient. The fig salad was delicious as well as the pizza. Vanessa's Pesto was a big hit although I thought it was a tiny bit too oily probably the pesto. The waitress and host/owner? Seemed genuinely happy to surprise my daughter with cake and singing to her. Unfortunately we were all too stuffed to have dessert so soon after dinner and decided to wait until later. A lovely time.Special Features:
- Never have a bad mealItalianismyfavVIPDined on 6/6/2014This place is consistently great. I also have celiac disease and their g-free pizza excellent. Lots of optionsSpecial Features:
- cute but smallsocializeandeatDined on 6/5/2014You get nice and cozy with your neighbors in this great little restaurant. My only compliant is that we felt very rushed the whole night and the place wasn't jam-packed. We did though have a bus boy/waiter drop a glass that shattered all around us and a knife full of red sauce fall off plate next to us...so we had glass on one side and food all over everything on the other. Obviously not a typical night...and I think its to be expected in such small restaurants in the North End. The food and drinks are fantastic, I just wish they weren't trying to rush us out of there.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceDebCDined on 5/31/2014This was our first time at this restaurant and we would definitely go back. The portions are very generous and the food is excellent. I split the fig salad and an order of bruschetta with my friend - both were very tasty.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014Recommended by a friend food was aewsome. No wait during the weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Vodka SauceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/22/2014Must get the vodka sauce! It's their most popular sauce. It's so good, however, I got the pasta with chicken which comes in small cutlets. This was disappointing, as the texture is different and doesn't really go with the pasta, but it tasted fine. Just wish the chicken was cut up in strips like you'd expect! It was like they ran out of sliced chicken breast used for the pastas and they used chicken tenders.Special Features:
- disappointingnorthenddiner15Dined on 5/20/2014On the positive side, the mussels were very fresh, the place has a very nice ambiance and it was not too noisy. On the negative side, my Caesar salad was underdressed, my friend's pesto dish tasted overwhelmingly of pine nuts and not at all of basil, the tomato sauce in my dish was too sweet, and both servings of linguini were overdone. On top of all that, the service was inattentive. I don't think I'll be going back.
- great food, fantastic waitress!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/18/2014Pizza was AMAZING! we had a large group of 12 for my birthday and they accommodated us without a problem. Service was speedy! Restaurant was clean! I will definitely recommend!Special Features:
- KittyVIPDined on 5/17/2014The best pizza in all of Boston. The grilled fig salad is a must.Special Features:
- Old school italianyourtableisreadyDined on 5/17/2014The restaurant is much smaller than the pictures depicted. Had to push back our reservations a few minutes, but when we arrived they had us wait for another 20-30 minutes, while no one was in the restaurant. Once we were seated the service was very friendly, but a bit slow. We had a large group so that may have added to it. The food was very good. Old school italian. Red sauce very good!!! Would definitely like to try again with a smaller group.Special Features:
- good food, otherwise not specialeastcostdinerDined on 5/11/2014For the North End, this place was disappointing. The food was great, which was the main reason we chose the location. It was also nice to be able to make a reservation. However, the ambience was not great. It felt like a bar with some tables inside. The service was marginal. Even with a plate full of food, the servers kept trying to take the plates away. Also, we were surprised to learn that they did not have coffee or espresso! A big surprise for a mother's day brunch/lunch at an Italian eatery. Good food if you don't mind less than average ambience for the North End and don't expect anything special from the service. I personally won't go back here, but two folks in my party did have wonderful pasta, so I gave it 3 stars.
- Bachelorette DiningCarus0217Dined on 5/10/2014I had reserved a table for 10 for dinner for a bachelorette. The restaurant called earlier in the day to confirm my reservation and some other important information. Although our reservation was for 7 we were not seated until after 730. No big deal we sat at the bar and had some drinks, we were accidentally charged for an extra glass of wine, but the bartender was quick to remove it once we pointed it out. The food was delicious and the service was friendly and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.