Ben and Jack's Steakhouse Scottsdale Arizona
4180 N. Drinkwater Blvd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Ben and Jack's Steakhouse Scottsdale Arizona
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.benandjackssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 4809477900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Ben and Jack's Steakhouse Scottsdale Arizona
Ben & Jack, long-time waiters of Peter Luger's Steakhouse, have opened yet another beautiful restaurant in Scottsdale, Arizona. We offer prime, dry aged porterhouse steaks and a dazzling assortment of steakhouse favorites. Our chef, also, comes from Peter Luger's. Frosted, etched glass rooms are available for private parties. All major credit cards are accepted. Visit our website and take a tour!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ben and Jack's Steakhouse Scottsdale Arizona reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (7)romantic (4)good for groups (4)notable wine list (3)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)hot spot (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- you failedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Made reservations for birthday/marriage proposal ,day of reservation called to have flowers delivered only to find out you're CLOSED. WTF !!!! This was after you confirmed at at various times the upcoming reservation. This is a pathetic experience !!!!! Care to explain ? I won't forget this -
- TopperDined on 6/28/2014Excellent meal...nice atmosphere. Will recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The reviews are correct.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014The service was lacking from an incorrect drink order, two greasy dirty plates on the table, wobbly tables, inproper lighting so we couldn't read the menu, robotic waiter who couldn't answer simple ingredient questions to top it off a wrong side order. The aged steak was amazing. Let me state that the food was fantastic but for the price this was not an experience I would recommend putting yourself though just for the food. Call ahead, take it to go and eat in the parking lot to try the food.
- Outstanding food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/27/2014Every time I bring a group to Ben and Jack's we are all impressed with the great food and outstanding service.Special Features:
- don't order the filetReggie53Dined on 5/25/2014This is a classic steakhouse but we were unimpressed with the filet mignon. It didn't taste any different than other steak places that don't boast this kind of dry aging. Go for the other steaks that develop deeper flavors with aging. The steaks were cooked properly and the creamed spinach was outstanding. The gin martinis were excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PotentialrabbibjkDined on 5/25/2014Ben and Jack's has the potential to be one of the great steakhouses in Phoenix. The environment is quiet and feels luxurious. All four of us enjoyed the filet and were pleased that it was served with potatoes and vegetable. Caesar salad was enjoyable. I am not averse to paying a high amount for dinner- the service needs to be stepped up to reflect the prices of the meals. Soup was served with some soup sloshed sloppily onto the plate. Not really acceptable in a restaurant that aspires to be high end. Bread was good but not great. We ordered from the Restaurant Week menu which indicated that the meal included coffee or tea, yet none was offered. There is not yet a reason to go to Ben and Jack's if you can go to Donovan's/Durant's.Special Features:
- BadDaveVIPDined on 5/24/2014Ambiance was horrible. It felt like you were in a Denny's. For a realitively expensive meal, it was terrible. We should have walked out, or listened to the Yelp reviews.
- Huge Let DownSteakLoverDined on 5/24/2014I had high hopes for this restaurant but it was a bust. Hostess showed no interest -- she claimed it was her second day on the job. Bartender said it was his first night. Food was poor -- steak resembled something at Sizzler. Parking was bizarre. Huge let down -- I'd avoid it.
- Kudos Ben&JackEddieDined on 5/23/2014Tried Ben&Jack's during Restaurant Week. We were very pleased with the friendliness of the staff. The filet was as good as any in Phoenix/Scottsdale. Will definitely return. The manager went out of his way to be helpful.Special Features:
- Ben & JackMariDined on 5/21/2014The service was very good, parking was bizarre and the food was not up to our expectations.
- Great SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/21/2014We tried it for the first time with six of us from the office. The place was not crowded at all which was surprising. The food and service was all exceptional. The quality of the steaks were superb. Also tried the canadian bacon appetizer and ended up ordering two more rounds for the table. I would definitely recommend this place.
- The following 155 reviews are from the Ben and Jack's Steakhouse Scottsdale Arizona reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014We were very much looking forward to our experience at Ben and Jacks since it is after the experience of Peter Luger but we were very disappointed in our dining experience. When I asked the waiter what the soup of the day was he had to go ask. He came back and said "it's only chicken noodle" when my husband was brought the sizzling Canadian bacon and it was only a thick piece of bacon on a large white plate...really, where was the presentation? The dinner portions were just fine and our steaks were cooked to perfection but had a very odd flavor. We decided that it must be the flavor of dry aged. The mashed potatoes were instant. ..really! We have gotten fresh mashed at lessor scaled restaurants we would not return for a second time.
- GreatLadyVIPDined on 5/20/2014Loved this place! Will be returning many times! I would recommend this to anyone...Special Features:
- Very pleasant mealAZFoodieVIPDined on 5/18/2014Did “classic” salad, steak, potato meals. And they were very good. Salads were cold, crisp and perfectly dressed. My partner had the filet, I had the sirloin. The filet was about what you’d get at any of the other Prime steakhouses around Phoenix; the sirloin was a solid notch above others. The cut was moist and tender; the flavor outstanding. My companion and I both agreed that this was one of the better steaks we’ve had in the Phoenix area.Special Features:
- Ben & Jack's, I'll go back...OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/18/2014This was the second time we have dined at Ben and Jack's. On both occassions it was a great dining experience. The food was outstanding, especially the Porterhouse for two. The quality of their meat is exceptional. Both times we had basically the same thing, shrimp cocktail (with nice big shrimp), Caesar salad (fresh, crisp, great parmesan), baked potato (who could go wrong with a baker), sauteed mushrooms (a delicious mix of mushrooms) and their homemade Apple Strudle with a marvelous whipped cream (which I think is called schlag and is so thick, so rich, so delicious...). They have a full spectrum wine list, a cozy bar and live music. Give Ben & Jack's a try, it is fine dining with a great ambience and an outstanding staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad beefsteakloverDined on 5/18/20142 of the beef tenderloins were fatty. I eat a lot of them and this was much more than "well marbled". 2 of us did not finish the meat.
- FABULOUS MEALIrisDined on 5/10/2014This was my first trip to Ben & Jack's and I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. We were the only people in the restaurant at 4 p.m. so I have no knowledge of ambience but everything else was terrific. It had come highly recommended by a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!NancyEsteroVIPDined on 5/7/2014Everything we ordered was great including the best wedge salad I've ever had. Service was attentive without being overbearing. Will definitely returning my next visit to AZ!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful B-Day CelebrationvonnieVIPDined on 5/7/2014Celebrating my Dad's birthday and we had a fantastic dinner. I love their Caesar salad, the dressing is sublime. Mom had the Chilean sea bass--REAL Chilean sea bass--and it was melt in your mouth amazing. I had the seafood pasta and the flavors were just right. Dad and my uncle both had steaks and both were delicious. The service is great and I also like the music (not too loud, classic standards), the temperature of the restaurant (not too cold) and the comfy booths. Check it out, it's a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak PerfectionchodoDined on 5/3/2014Everything about our dinner was perfect, but the steak for two was the pinnacle of perfection. Taking a page from Peter Luger's in New York, they serve the best beef to be had. Highly recommend this experience!Special Features:
- Great Beef!PennimVIPDined on 4/30/2014I submit a review each time we dine at Ben and Jack's, and it's hard to find new ways to describe the great meal that we enjoyed. Bread basket has improved, we love the new addition of the wedge salad. The creamed spinach is unbelievable, but the star here is clearly the beef. The Porterhouse steak for two is sublime. If you're a steak lover, you're missing out if you don't give B & J's a try. Their summertime Prix Fixe menu is an unbelievable bargain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperiencemaydayDined on 4/23/2014I had the ribeye and the wedge salad chopped and the food was fantastic. The service was impeccable. My water was always filled and they had every question I had answered with professionalism and pride. I would love to come back here and enjoy a wonderful steak again!Special Features:
- JenninealVIPDined on 4/22/2014I had read so much about what a great steakhouse Ben and Jack's is that I was slightly disappointed. y steak was not tasty and the broccoli was bland bland bland. There were very few diners so there was very little energy and ambience. The service was great however. Our waiter was very attentive. Not sure if I will go back or recommend to a friend.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedwineslutVIPDined on 4/17/2014It is very difficult to find a restaurant that serves dinner at 10pm. Not only was Ben & Jack's open, but they were absolutely welcoming and accommodatingSpecial Features:
- Best porterhouse in town.SteveVIPDined on 4/14/2014Everything is excellent in this very typical steakhouse .try the Caesar spinich and the onion rings and you will be very happy.pecan pie is a real winner for dessert. If you really know meat, then you will love this place .There is NO BETTER.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were anticipating havingpookieDined on 4/8/2014We were anticipating having a great "dry aged" steak. It was the best we've ever had. Service was excellent & the restaurant is what a high end steakhouse should look like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerHarryDined on 4/8/2014We were spending one nite in Scottsdale and found B&j. Glad we did.
- Not just for special occasionsdhomd1Dined on 4/1/2014We were looking for a chance to try this steakhouse for a while and finally had an open date which fell on our anniversary. Service was attentive and perfectly paced. Food was top notch and done exactly as ordered. A large lobster tail was delicious and the filet was one of the best ever. The biggest surprise was the German potatoes which we would not have ordered but for the waiter's recommendation and are not to be missed. An authentic piece of New York cheesecake was a surprise offering for our anniversary and much appreciated and enjoyed. This is certainly not just a special occasion restaurant. Ben and Jack's stands out in a crowded field of fine Scottsdale steakhouses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great second experienceNewGradDined on 3/28/2014This was our second time trying Ben and Jack's. The first time our experience was not good but this second time was like night and day. Starting with the service, Matt was great!! He made us feel welcome since the moment we sat down and told us to get ready for a great experience, and it was! We took his suggestions and ordered the steak for two, sauteed mushrooms and German potatoes. Everything was excellent. We finished the evening with a delicious desert. This time Ben and Jack's delivered the best steak in the valley!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experiencePStollerDined on 3/25/2014Food was great and service was good as well, very helpful with recommendations for the group. Only thing was there was no one there which I was a little apprehensive about when we first arrived. There was just our party of 5 and another party of 10 maybe in the entire restaurant. Then again that may have to do with it being a Tuesday night in addition to the location didn't get much foot traffic, it's tucked away in the back of a strip mall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful steak dinnerSawwVIPDined on 3/24/2014My wife and I were visiting Scottsdale and decided to give Ben and Jack's a try. We had excellent service and enjoyed sharing a rib eye steak. It was cooked exactly to our order, delivered on hot platters, was tender and delicious. Along with a side-order of a baked potato, it made for a great dinner. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out of town guest wanted a steakvonnieVIPDined on 3/22/2014First time at Ben & Jack's and it was very good. One of the best Caesar salad's I've ever eaten, dressing was perfect. Ordered the Filet Mignon--16 oz. wow!--perfectly cooked at medium rare and lots to take home. Had sauteed mushrooms and sauteed asparagus as our side dishes, the mushrooms were out of this world. I enjoy my vegetables al dente, but the asparagus could have been cooked for a bit longer. Service was slow and our server kept apologizing, but we weren't in a hurry, so it was no big deal. I had a dirty martini and my friend had a regular martini, both were excellent. The only hiccup was that my friend ordered wine with dinner and it never came. They did give us a coupon for 10% off a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't be backJohnDined on 3/21/2014Friday night business entertainment dinner for 12 was a nightmare. Missing utensils, wrong serving ware, missing salads, wine not decanted, wine not served correctly, butter spilled on guest, etc, etc. Dispite assurances from our head waiter that all would be well, it never really was. When I brought the situation to the attention of the Matre'd, Tony, there was no noticable improvement. It may have been just an off night, but the nearly empty Friday evening dining room left me wondering. The steak and seafood could have been exceptional, but the service was so distracting it was difficult to enjoy it. We were offered complementary dessert and coffee.Special Features:
- perfectRFlashVIPDined on 3/20/2014A perfect dining experience. Food and service....exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedfoodloverDined on 3/16/2014Beautiful dining room, good steak menu, martinis were exceptional and the simple green salad was wonderful, dressing amazing. Unfortunately, the waiter spent most of the time explaining why things were the way the were and that he wasn't a fan of New Yorkers and this was a New York steakhouse, the bread was hard and dry. We got the steak they are famous for, the porterhouse, the preparation was ok but the steak was flavorless and I love dry aged beef. We also got the potatoes they are famous for, they were burnt. They were removed from our tab but the experience just wasn't there. It was my husband's birthday so I wanted it special...it wasn't. It was just very expensive.
- Not up to expectationsWillieDined on 3/16/2014I was so excited about going to Ben and Jack's, and was actually diappointed in the meal. While it was "good", it was not great, and for the prices one pays, it ought to be great. My rib eye steak was somewhat tough and the flavopr was not outstanding. The salad wedge and creamed spinash were outstanding...the German potatoes were cold, dry and forgettable. Overall I can not recommend.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceDebiDined on 3/14/2014Steaks.were excellent Waiter Matt was a gem. Would recommend sharing the steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over priced on foodLindyVIPDined on 3/13/2014The prices are too high for both food and drinks. I ordered a glass of prosecco. It came in a very snall flute glass. I will be going to Mastro's from now on where the flute is much larger.
- a great dinner!KimberleyVVIPDined on 3/12/2014We were looking for a great steak restaurant to host some international guests and Ben & Jack's was the perfect choice. The wait staff was excellent and made the experience. The food was delicious and with the 'family style' options we were able to try so many different dishes. I will certainly visit Ben & Jack's the next time I'm in Phoenix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is one of the top steakGARYVIPDined on 3/12/2014This is one of the top steak restaurants in the country. Interesting menu includes dining for two to four or individual steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.