863 Ninth Avenue
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://bellorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2122466788
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bello Restaurant
Specializing in Northern Italian Cuisine, Bello’s original chef and personable staff have been serving generous portions of consistent old fashion home cooking at fair prices since 1985. Over the years, our straightforward menu which features a variety of traditional favorites, have made us the perfect place for lunch and dinner for either business or pleasure.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bello Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)special occasion (30)romantic (28)fit for foodies (27)good for groups (22)great for lunch (11)late-night find (6)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Juan handles everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Juan is a great host. He comes to your table and recomends you the day specialities, a good italian wine and desert in any of three languages: spanish, italian or english. So from then on everything stars to flow, so you can enjoy your staying there. Great people makes great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!Cas9VIPDined on 9/21/2014We booked this restaurant for a family birthday celebration. Every part of this experience was terrific. This was from booking the table, arranging for a special dessert, to the food, to the service. Every person who was working that day really went above and beyond to make sure that this family celebration was a memorable one. Thank you, Bello Restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good solid Italian cuisineJimPDined on 9/18/2014Bello offers a nice mix of northern and southern Italian cuisine. The veal osso bucco was excellent, and the pasta on the side was cooked perfectly al dente. It's a bustling place, with lots of big groups talking and laughing. Great for a family meal. The portions were generous but not overly large. Enough to share so everyone gets a taste of everything, but you still get to enjoy your own meal.Special Features:
- Poor seating arrangementChrisDined on 9/17/2014This restaurant is within walking distance of the Broadway theatres. The restaurant had only a few patrons when we got there and plenty of open tables; however, we were seated right next to another occupied table for two. When we requested to be moved to another table, our request was denied. It made us and the other couple uncomfortable since the rest of the restaurant was almost empty! For this reason, I will only give one star for "Service". Fortunately, our meals made up for this inconvenience. My husband said his Branzino was one of the best he ever had, and my chicken parmesan was delicious. We will probably return to this restaurant but make sure our seating arrangement is acceptable to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousFrem46Dined on 9/12/2014Great food, service, and free parking!!!!!!!! Fresh homemade pasta as a special appe or entreeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobgDined on 9/6/2014"I love the relaxed feel of this place – like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The stuffed veal was amazing and the l salad was refreshing. The Bronzino was perfectly cooked.we also loved the mussels.Special Features:
- Great Find!goodstuffDined on 9/6/2014This was my second visit to Bellos and I was not disappointed either time. The restaurant is classy with a good vibe. The waiters are attentive and not pushy and helpful in making decisions. The food was delicious we enjoyed the veal special of the night which was outstanding and also the seafood pasta. Completed the meal with a good chocolate dessert. Everyone is very friendly and out to please. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- TLMpegasusVIPDined on 9/6/2014Staff, Service and Food were good. Definitely going back.Special Features:
- Consistently Top QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2014I have been coming to Bello for over 20 years. It is a wonderful restaurant that consistently delivers terrific Northern Italian food at a good value in a calm, quiet atmosphere. The menu is not fancy and the specials tend to be largely the same, but Bello executes extremely well. It truly is a neighborhood gem that is worth the trip to Ninth Ave.Special Features:
- Great food, fair pricesnonicknameVIPDined on 8/31/2014One of our favorites, best chicken parm in the city, and I have gone out for dinner 3 or 4 times a week for over 10 years. The food is great, they pay for your parking, and the service is amazing. The décor is a little old, as its been there for at least 40 years, but its as reliable as they come and you can always get a great Italian meal. We go at least 1 or 2 times a month.Special Features:
- Top notchDerm18VIPDined on 8/30/2014A wonderful dining experience! The service, food and ambiance were all top notch. It was just a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Great food with great ambiance.Mactor17VIPDined on 8/30/2014The food was very good. Lots of melted cheese on the Chicken parm. The place is very nice looking and would be great for a romantic date or a group celebration.Special Features:
- Good food- not so Reasonable pricesPattyVIPDined on 8/24/2014I chose this restaurant because I ate here before and the prices were quite reasonable. I was shocked at how much more expensive it was - I did enjoy the meal.Special Features:
- Great veal disheslolstarVIPDined on 8/20/2014Bello has the best rolled veal chop, stuffed with mozzarella and prosciutto with a mushroom sauce that is to die for. It is it's signature dish worth getting. It is a large portion so go with an appetite.Special Features:
- GreatRegularVIPDined on 8/19/2014Food, service and restaurant was just great. We really enjoyed goingSpecial Features:
- Lovely LunchquenDined on 8/19/2014Bello has a lovely dining room. We came for lunch and were surprised that room never filled up. On our visit it was quiet. The food was very good (tricolore salad, grilled mushrooms, soft-shell crab special, fruit platters, chocolate cake-all yummy) and the service was correct and attentive. We will return!Special Features:
- Bello isi beautifulJonniDined on 8/18/2014Since it first opened back in the 80s, Bello has been one of my favorite restaurants. The quality of the food, its deliciousness, the warmth of the staff, all conspire to make this a special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodMaximillianVIPDined on 8/16/2014Been to Bello many times and it's always good. Simple southern (and some northern) Italian cuisine, very reasonably priced. Service is very attentive and the menu is not too ambitious. The design renovation a few years ago feels like you're somewhere in the middle of Ohio, but the food is definitely midtown New York.
- quite lovelynylove4travelDined on 8/10/2014We had a wonderful family dinner for four on Sunday evening. The service was very attentive and the food was wonderful and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurpriseRICfoodDined on 8/6/2014Excellent veal !! We found the prices to be reasonable and the selection very good this is a keeperSpecial Features:
- Great Food & StaffLaKrupaDined on 7/26/2014My daughter and I went to dinner at Bello. We found the staff to be very attentive and knowledgeable. The food was great! I would absolutely go to Bello when I return to New York and will recommend it to all of my friends traveling there.Special Features:
- BelloAllybDined on 7/26/2014Food was good. I had the veal, the portion was large, and done just right. Service was very attentive. Didnt realize that Bello closed at 11pm.The staff were stacking chairs etc, as we finished our wine. This is NY folks, not the boonies!!!Special Features:
- good food in relaxed settingprefernottoVIPDined on 7/23/2014We had a late lunch (4 PM) so it was quiet and relaxed. Very good food and friendly, attentive service.
- MidtownneighborsDined on 7/22/2014We have never been disappointed with the food or service. Many of our guests have become frequent customers.Special Features:
- Perfect!foodaholicDined on 7/22/2014We chose to go to Bello Restaurant before a show. It had great reviews on open table so we decided to give it a try. It was delicious and everyone really enjoyed their meal. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a lovely dinnernycfunDined on 7/21/2014we visited nyc for a long weekend and enjoyed a lovely dinner out with three elementary school aged kids. the service was great and the food was delicious. two different pasta dishes and a chicken dish for the kids hit the spot. the chilled salmon was fantastic. desserts alone were worth the walk. it is a "white table cloth" restaurant so while the kids thought it was fancy, we were dressed in casual clothes and made to feel welome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FairConsutantDined on 7/18/2014Service was slow for a pretty empty restaurant. I had to ask for the check 3 times.
- balletfanDined on 7/16/2014Very close to Lincoln Center Festival venues. Quiet on a Wed evening. Food good, though could have had much less oil in oil and garlic sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a showOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2014Took my family to see a show and Bello was a perfect way to start. Walking distance to the theater. Good menu, atmosphere, and staff. Timing worked well with early seating. My kids age range is 11 to 21 and they were welcome by the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently deliciousRyanVIPDined on 7/13/2014The Bello kitchen always excels. Specials are always very special, everything else is always excellent.Special Features:
- Superb Italian CuisineLuvNYCDined on 7/12/2014This was a fantastic find for my teenage granddaughter and me on our first trip to NYC together. Superb Italian cuisine. Service was outstanding and ambience lovely. We won't soon forget the experience. Loved everything about Bello.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service.MadscoutDined on 7/11/2014Very happy with the food and service. Would recommend it to friends. My husband ordered the special 'stuffed veal chop' $37.95. I had the angel hair pasta primevera $19.95. Both were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food but ...LadyBradyDined on 7/10/2014The food and service are wonderful but the prices are "off the charts".Special Features:
- A Little TreasureScooterVIPDined on 7/10/2014Talk about an Italian restaurant in NYC that knocks it off the charts at reasonable prices!!!!! This restaurant always does such a great job. Such items not to be missed are: garlic bread, the veal chop special, and chicken parmesan. Just to make sure they are over the top they also make home made potato chips!!! Very reasonable priced and beautiful atmosphere, what else could you ask for????? One of our favorites for over 20 years, BRAVO!!!!!!Special Features:
- Down a few notchesOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/9/2014This restaurant was my go to restaurant every time I had to come to NYC to meet someone for dinner. After my last experience I will be going elsewhere. The service was not what it used to be and the portions were smaller from salad portion to wine portion. I don't need to ask multiple times for water, my check and food items delivered wrong.
- Dependably consistentTrapeziodDined on 7/8/2014My second time to Bello where they provids another excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure to dine ay Bello!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/1/2014I often go to bello with my husband, and when my family gets together it's always our first choice. It is our favorite Italian restaurant in our neighborhood. Staff is amazing. Food is consistently great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014I enjoyed this restaurant for several reasons. I am a vegetarian. I ordered the portobello mushroom appetizer and the pasta primavera. They were both excellent and I would be happy to go back and order them again. The atmosphere was very nice - and I love that they have white tablecloths. The tables are well spaced and the restaurant, although busy, was quiet. The service was very attentive. I think they could do a better job of offering wines by the glass with descriptions and information about the wines offered. Last, but not least, they have a deal with the parking lot behind the restaurant that gives you 3 hours of free parking! Amazing! I am looking forward to going back there and would recommend it to others.
- Family dinnerjillDined on 6/27/2014Met my kids , niece and their boyfriend/ girl friend had a lovely family dinner Here. WAit staffie was friendly and we would definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of old world charm!LocalNYCDined on 6/27/2014The authentic delicious menu is truly enhanced by the gracious, knowledgeable and efficient staff. The extra effort is always appreciated!Special Features: