863 Ninth Avenue
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://bellorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (212) 246-6788
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bello Restaurant
Specializing in Northern Italian Cuisine, Bello’s original chef and personable staff have been serving generous portions of consistent old fashion home cooking at fair prices since 1985. Over the years, our straightforward menu which features a variety of traditional favorites, have made us the perfect place for lunch and dinner for either business or pleasure.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bello Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (57)romantic (28)fit for foodies (27)good for groups (25)special occasion (24)great for lunch (9)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- great place for a good meal.RippedpotatoegirlDined on 11/16/2014Service was good. Bartender Fernando is excellent. Once we were seated, he came over to the table a few times to make sure everything was good. I have gone back to Bellos because of him. Thinking next time to sit at the bar and have a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely dining experience.ElizabethRBDined on 11/14/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. Each of us ordered something different and for the first time in a long time no one offered to share a bite, that's how good it was. The service was perfectly attentive. Best of all, though there was a large party at the next table having a good time, it was quiet we could have a ice conversation and hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious food - beautiful spacephotogalVIPDined on 11/13/2014It is a wonderful find. We enjoyed our meal and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After Thearter DinnertheatertimeDined on 11/9/2014This restaurant is always above standards. Glad to see the fresh potato chips are back. Food was so good.Special Features:
- LocalDined on 11/8/2014Good was good. Service was great. Last minute choice we where very pleased.Special Features:
- Our Third Return VisitJoanVIPDined on 11/6/2014Bello did not disappoint on this, our third visit. I especially loved sitting up front for the first time. Wonderful food choices; good service, and the perfect distance from our timeshare at The Manhattan Club. We will be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2014Great find near our condo. Great food and attentive serviceSpecial Features:
- soliddiningloverVIPDined on 11/2/2014very pleasant dining experience. excellent service and the steak and veal chop were just rightSpecial Features:
- pleasantly surprisedRhea58VIPDined on 10/29/2014I go to the theatre quite often & somehow missed this place. My veal sorrentino was outstanding - done just right w/o a glop of brown gravy. Only problem was with their credit card machineSpecial Features:
- Nice afternoonmdjnycDined on 10/24/2014I went to this standby for a neighborhood business lunch, very reliable food and service. They began a lamb shank special for fall, and it was outstanding. Brig an appetite.Special Features:
- I always come backRichDDined on 10/22/2014No matter how many times I travel to NYC I always have dinner at Bello. If I stay for a longer period of time I will always eat at Bello at least twice. The food is REAL Italian not the the normal high end Italian food that isn't what you would find in Italy. The price is great and the staff is outstanding..you really can't ask for anything else. Enjoy the food it is REAL Italian!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lack of accommodationgooddealVIPDined on 10/17/2014We asked before we ordered for separate checks and were told that it would "take a very long time" and subsequently that they were only allowed to give one check per table. This makes it awkward for your guests who order very different meals and don't want to seem ungenerous. It was the first time we have had such an experience and seems a terrible mistake for a restaurant whose clientele are older adults.
- Best italiantheatregirlVIPDined on 10/13/2014Great service, top of the line for great prices. Food is excellent. Great quality without killing your wallet.Special Features:
- sjerseygirlDined on 10/4/2014Great service and great food. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/4/2014WE have been going to Bello's for many years - love the food and atmosphere. Howver, we had a waiter that had no command of the English language. Could not understand the specials and he couldn't understand what we wanted. Lucily another seasoned weaiter came over and asked if we needed the special repeated! We said "yes please"!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian PlaceOlgaZVIPDined on 10/2/2014Loved everything about this place. Delish food, prices are very moderate. Ideal for a special occasion. Offers free 3 hours parking for guests. Special signature veal entree was fantastic. The only point to improve is service: slow and can be more friendly sometimes. Will come back!Special Features:
- Juan handles everythingsebanpDined on 9/27/2014Juan is a great host. He comes to your table and recomends you the day specialities, a good italian wine and desert in any of three languages: spanish, italian or english. So from then on everything stars to flow, so you can enjoy your staying there. Great people makes great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!Cas9VIPDined on 9/21/2014We booked this restaurant for a family birthday celebration. Every part of this experience was terrific. This was from booking the table, arranging for a special dessert, to the food, to the service. Every person who was working that day really went above and beyond to make sure that this family celebration was a memorable one. Thank you, Bello Restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good solid Italian cuisineJimPDined on 9/18/2014Bello offers a nice mix of northern and southern Italian cuisine. The veal osso bucco was excellent, and the pasta on the side was cooked perfectly al dente. It's a bustling place, with lots of big groups talking and laughing. Great for a family meal. The portions were generous but not overly large. Enough to share so everyone gets a taste of everything, but you still get to enjoy your own meal.Special Features:
- Poor seating arrangementChrisDined on 9/17/2014This restaurant is within walking distance of the Broadway theatres. The restaurant had only a few patrons when we got there and plenty of open tables; however, we were seated right next to another occupied table for two. When we requested to be moved to another table, our request was denied. It made us and the other couple uncomfortable since the rest of the restaurant was almost empty! For this reason, I will only give one star for "Service". Fortunately, our meals made up for this inconvenience. My husband said his Branzino was one of the best he ever had, and my chicken parmesan was delicious. We will probably return to this restaurant but make sure our seating arrangement is acceptable to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousFrem46Dined on 9/12/2014Great food, service, and free parking!!!!!!!! Fresh homemade pasta as a special appe or entreeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice neighborhood dining.grodDined on 9/8/2014Friends came in from out of town and we were looking for a quiet place to enjoy a great dinner and catch up. Well Bello's hit the mark! The place was elegant, music was low, food was delicious and the price was reasonable. Thank you!Special Features:
- BobgDined on 9/6/2014"I love the relaxed feel of this place – like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The stuffed veal was amazing and the l salad was refreshing. The Bronzino was perfectly cooked.we also loved the mussels.Special Features:
- Great Find!goodstuffDined on 9/6/2014This was my second visit to Bellos and I was not disappointed either time. The restaurant is classy with a good vibe. The waiters are attentive and not pushy and helpful in making decisions. The food was delicious we enjoyed the veal special of the night which was outstanding and also the seafood pasta. Completed the meal with a good chocolate dessert. Everyone is very friendly and out to please. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- TLMpegasusVIPDined on 9/6/2014Staff, Service and Food were good. Definitely going back.Special Features:
- Consistently Top QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2014I have been coming to Bello for over 20 years. It is a wonderful restaurant that consistently delivers terrific Northern Italian food at a good value in a calm, quiet atmosphere. The menu is not fancy and the specials tend to be largely the same, but Bello executes extremely well. It truly is a neighborhood gem that is worth the trip to Ninth Ave.Special Features:
- Great food, fair pricesnonicknameVIPDined on 8/31/2014One of our favorites, best chicken parm in the city, and I have gone out for dinner 3 or 4 times a week for over 10 years. The food is great, they pay for your parking, and the service is amazing. The décor is a little old, as its been there for at least 40 years, but its as reliable as they come and you can always get a great Italian meal. We go at least 1 or 2 times a month.Special Features:
- Top notchDerm18VIPDined on 8/30/2014A wonderful dining experience! The service, food and ambiance were all top notch. It was just a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Great food with great ambiance.Mactor17VIPDined on 8/30/2014The food was very good. Lots of melted cheese on the Chicken parm. The place is very nice looking and would be great for a romantic date or a group celebration.Special Features:
- Good food- not so Reasonable pricesPattyVIPDined on 8/24/2014I chose this restaurant because I ate here before and the prices were quite reasonable. I was shocked at how much more expensive it was - I did enjoy the meal.Special Features:
- Great veal disheslolstarVIPDined on 8/20/2014Bello has the best rolled veal chop, stuffed with mozzarella and prosciutto with a mushroom sauce that is to die for. It is it's signature dish worth getting. It is a large portion so go with an appetite.Special Features:
- GreatRegularVIPDined on 8/19/2014Food, service and restaurant was just great. We really enjoyed goingSpecial Features:
- Lovely LunchquenDined on 8/19/2014Bello has a lovely dining room. We came for lunch and were surprised that room never filled up. On our visit it was quiet. The food was very good (tricolore salad, grilled mushrooms, soft-shell crab special, fruit platters, chocolate cake-all yummy) and the service was correct and attentive. We will return!Special Features:
- Bello isi beautifulJonniDined on 8/18/2014Since it first opened back in the 80s, Bello has been one of my favorite restaurants. The quality of the food, its deliciousness, the warmth of the staff, all conspire to make this a special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodMaximillianVIPDined on 8/16/2014Been to Bello many times and it's always good. Simple southern (and some northern) Italian cuisine, very reasonably priced. Service is very attentive and the menu is not too ambitious. The design renovation a few years ago feels like you're somewhere in the middle of Ohio, but the food is definitely midtown New York.
- quite lovelynylove4travelDined on 8/10/2014We had a wonderful family dinner for four on Sunday evening. The service was very attentive and the food was wonderful and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurpriseRICfoodDined on 8/6/2014Excellent veal !! We found the prices to be reasonable and the selection very good this is a keeperSpecial Features:
- The following 434 reviews are from the Bello Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great Food & StaffLaKrupaDined on 7/26/2014My daughter and I went to dinner at Bello. We found the staff to be very attentive and knowledgeable. The food was great! I would absolutely go to Bello when I return to New York and will recommend it to all of my friends traveling there.Special Features:
- BelloAllybDined on 7/26/2014Food was good. I had the veal, the portion was large, and done just right. Service was very attentive. Didnt realize that Bello closed at 11pm.The staff were stacking chairs etc, as we finished our wine. This is NY folks, not the boonies!!!Special Features:
- good food in relaxed settingprefernottoVIPDined on 7/23/2014We had a late lunch (4 PM) so it was quiet and relaxed. Very good food and friendly, attentive service.