1 Newark Pomton Turnpike
Little Falls, NJ 07424Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bellissimos-nj.com/
- Phone: (973) 785-4225
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm,
- Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm;
Saturday:1:00 pm to 11:00 pm
Sunday - 1:00pm- 9:pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: David Gabbay
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: John Gonzalez 9737854225
A word from Bellissimo's Restaurant
Bellissimo's Restaurant is an Italian restaurant in Little Falls, NJ.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bellissimo's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (20)fit for foodies (15)romantic (11)good for groups (10)notable wine list (9)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Good food,good servicediamarimpDined on 11/21/2014We had great time, the food was very good,service good too, the desserts were the best, I wish they would prepare my Dover sole at our table so I could watch them.great place for special occasions to celebrate .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible All Aroundcgdiner430Dined on 11/1/2014Would be okay if it were a casual dining experience, but for what is supposed to be an upscale restaurant it was lacking in all departments. The dining area was very loud. The decor inside was a bit dated. We were greeted by 2 servers who then argued over who would serve us. The service was terrible anyway, it was always a struggle to find our waiter. I expected a lot more for the prices and unfortunately was let down in all categories.
- Don't not have after-dinner plansJerseyCityRootsDined on 10/25/2014Here I am, several days later and I still haven't seen my waiter, or received my glass of wine, or received the mushrooms with my main course, or received the additional bread I requested etc. etc. Bellissimo is a good place to eat if there are no private parties going on and if you have nothing else to do following dinner. The prices are reasonable, the food is very good and the atmosphere is energetic. But the service is soooooooooooo bad that I can't describe it. There are no apologies, just more waiting.Special Features:
- good food but awful servicedisappointedDined on 10/25/2014we have been here several times and food was outstanding each time. however this past visit, we were seated for 40 minutes before anyone came over to take our drinks order. Then they brought half of our table the wrong drinks. entrees were delivered before we finished the appetizers. I asked to speak to a manager 4 times throughout the meal, and nobody came. dessert was delivered before the coffee. finally a member of our group went to find the manager. he apologized and comped part of the meal, but i will not return any time soon.Special Features:
- Excellent Food, Fair ServiceHamy16Dined on 10/19/2014I've been to Bellissimos before where my experience was perfect. However, the 2nd time I went was a bit more disappointing. Don't get me wrong, the food was excellent both times we went. But the 2nd time I went with my family (party of 9), the service was not nearly as perfect as the first time. Maybe it was because it was a Sunday and the restaurant was under-staffed. But at various points throughout the night, I tried to call for a waiter and either a) no one was around or b) they were attending to other customers (which there were not many that night so the restaurant was understaffed). It took us about 10-15 minutes waiting for someone to come take our desert order. And to top it off, they tacked on 20% tip automatically.Special Features:
- AtrociousMimiVIPDined on 10/17/2014I was looking for a place that had availability for two people on a Friday night at 7:00 pm at the last minute. After eating dinner at Bellissimo's I know why they had availability. When we first came into the restaurant we were seated immediately - there was lot of availability. No one gave us menus; no one asked us about drinks. The waiters were wandering around as if they had just started working at this restaurant at 5:00 pm. I finally snagged one of the waiters who finally brought us the bottle of wine we ordered. The menu was comprehensive with a computer printed page of "specials" - none of which had prices. The food that we ordered off of the menu was terrible and full of olive oil. No amount of money could get me back there.
- Recomended with exceptionFormerOwnerDined on 10/11/2014I have been to Bellissimo's more than a few times and have been satisfied every time. Until this visit. Firstly, the meals were as expected, very good. The service from our (we were a group of 6) waiter was as bad as I have ever experienced at a restaurant of this caliber. I say that with significant reservation because I don't wish to flame any server but this was HORRIBLE. I owned three restaurants, both brothers are chef's, I can over look a great deal but this just deplorable. I won't give his name but it will be a while before I go back. I will go back and for that reason I marked a positive comment that I would recommend to a friend. Can only hope the owners get him cleared out, yes I have let management know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service poorbigredVIPDined on 10/8/2014we arrived early on a wednesday night. Only two other tables. Sam was our server. He forgot our request for straws. The table next to us and on other side came in after and were served before us. Had to ask twice for everything and food did not come out hot. He was very disinterestedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good night at BelissimonjcoinguyVIPDined on 10/4/2014Great dinner with terrific service at Belissimo Saturday nght. We and our good friends really enjoyed ourselves. They didn't rush us at all. Good portions and excellent preparation.Special Features:
- One word: AWESOME!SlabbyVIPDined on 10/3/2014I can't praise this place enough. I've been there 4 times now and every time it gets better and better. The paperadelle with lobster vodka sauce is just heaven. The shrimp fra diavolo is my favorite dish there because of the right amount of spice. The shrimp arrabiata appeitizer is awesome too. But what stands out is the impeccable service. Every time we go, the service just gets better.The mixologist creates some gems too.Special Features:
- Everything was perfectSofiegVIPDined on 9/17/2014We were a group of 14. A business dinner. Victor our waiter was always there but he wasn't in your face. Very subtle. He just happened to appear when you needed him. He was always ready to make eye contact and could understand what you needed from across the room. The food was better much than I expected. Italian food is Italian food blah blah but no, it was far beyond "just Italian" food. Fresh, perfectly seasoned and perfectly cooked. I had the Zuppa di Pesce and I can honestly say it was on of the best I've ever had. Don't hesitate to give this place a try.Special Features:
- Marvelous RestaurantTahoe3131Dined on 8/27/2014Reservations made for Bellissimo's Italian Restaurant went smooth. Service was great and professional. Waiters were well informed of the menu selections and delivery was top notch.Upon arrival of food was served in a timely manner, food was fresh,delicious, and portions lovely.. Definitely will return for lunch, brunch, and dinner in the future with friends. Prices are reasonably good..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 154 reviews are from the Bellissimo's Restaurant reviews archive.
- SamoDined on 8/15/2014Excellent restaurant delicious food ,great menu selection .very professional and friendly staffSpecial Features:
- Best night out.HoneyDined on 7/25/2014If you truly want a nice evening out, go to Bellissimo. The food is outstanding. The wine list is extensive, so there is much to choose from. The waiters are attentive but give you time to leisurely enjoy yourself. My husband and I will definitely return for any time dining, not just a special occasion.Special Features:
- BIG FANBigFanVIPDined on 6/28/2014High-End NYC dining in New Jersey. Great food, great service and tremendous atmosphere.Special Features:
- Buyer bewareLikes2eatoutDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant is a little shady. The 3lb "out of the shell" lobster was in the shell and had 2 bodies, half a tail and no claws. The meat is in the claws and tail. My husbands giant piece of that they showed him was only half the filet when it came back on his plate and we realized they were showing the same giant piece of fish to every table. Ripoff and shady...wouldn't go there again and wouldn't recommend to anyone.
- ExcellentWinendineDined on 6/27/2014Everything was excellent. The food was delicious, and the live music was a very nice touch. The specials were a little pricey, but worth it. The wine list is impressive and the service is perfect. We will definitely return for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Not really worth the moneyNealiDined on 6/21/2014Service very nice ambience great but food was mediocreSpecial Features:
- bigredVIPDined on 6/11/2014Always enjoy food good specials pricey. Maître d can be pushy always check price on specials Food fresh well preparedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great findbettyDined on 5/31/2014we were celebrating our anniversary and decided to splurge. this is definitely the restaurant for a special occasion. the food choices were plentiful and the specials all sounded delicious. but be sure to bring cash or credit cards because the place is very pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFULBubblesVIPDined on 5/15/2014go for the specials they are amazing, the foie gras and soft shell crabs were fabulousSpecial Features:
- Good Food but ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The food was good but not exceptional to justify the very expensive bill. We were 7 adults and 3 children for dinner and we spent $600 ! So basically $60 a head. Also, when we got there (with reservations) we had to wait 30 minutes to be seated even though there were empty tables they seemed more worried to prepare the dinning room for the dinner hour than to seat us. After that the service was good but I did expected them to make up (food or discounted bill) for making us wait.Special Features:
- jerseydinerDined on 5/3/2014Excellent atmosphere, great food, perfect for a good timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasantly surprisedcakeloverDined on 5/3/2014We received a gift certificate during the holidays totally unaware of Bellisimo's. We were pleasantly surprised by the lovely decor, extensive menu and the attentive staff. Our food was prepared as requested and arrived hot and flavorful! Enjoyed every minute and morsel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal at Bellissimo'sOpenTableDinerVIPDined on 4/30/2014We had an excellent meal at Bellissimo's. The veal piccata and linguini alla vongole were delicious. Service was great. Perfect atmosphere as well. Looking forward to returning to Bellissimo's very soon. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014This was not our first time here and each time we go, it continues to be a great evening. Not the least expensive, but not overly expensive and great for a nice evening out. We have sat in the lounge area for dinner each time and find it to be very nice and quiteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great old-world style experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Food is excellent, menu items are priced appropriately for this level of restaurant, though specials and desserts tend to be expensive. Noise levels are good allowing for romantic setting or just good general dinner table conversation. Interior is attractive and spacious. Service is old school white cloth, generally very good, though our waiter this time disappeared for a while so we had to wait for check for longer than desired. Minor point in as usual an overall very positive experience.Special Features:
- Informal reunionPeteDined on 4/25/2014We had a group of 10 that periodically gets together. Some arrived early, some late. No pressure from staff, hung in bar until critical mass arrived. Service was excellent, knowledgeable and attentive without hanging on you. Specials explained well. We had a variety of dishes and all were excellent. Fish was fresh; veal was perfect. We took our time and were not rushed. This was our second time at Bellisimo's and both were enjoyable evenings.Special Features:
- We have been to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2014We have been to this restaurant three times before, Saturday night they were not very busy and the service was terrible. We were not quite sure why it was so bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the Same as BeforeProtein4UDined on 4/4/2014My recent visit to Bellissimo was disappointing. While the drinks were excellent, they constantly tried to get you to order more expensive dishes and would not substitute vegetables in a dish I ordered. More importantly, I found the food mediocre. On my veal with artichokes & sundried tomatoes, the artichokes were not fresh but briney... the sauces had too much flour and the meat was only all right. This restaurant was always a standout... not anymore... and especially not for the price.
- Pricey but you get what you pay forgourmetfishDined on 3/29/2014No one would ever use the word "moderate" referring to the prices at Bellissimo's. But, by the same token, no one would ever use the word "average" referring to their food. In both cases, "impressive" would seem more appropriate. The prices are not quite NYC, but close. However, their fish is fresh and beautifully prepared and their veal is about as good as it gets. Being perfectly honest, there aren't many restaurants these days in which the owner is almost always there. Bellissimo's is one, and it shows.Special Features:
- Great placeBobbydeeDined on 3/15/2014The atmoshphere was great and the food was even better. Little noisy though.Special Features:
- Lunch fit for Royalty!kittenDined on 3/11/2014Absolutely perfect calamari - light crispy & delicious. Venison was done just as requested as was the rack of lamb. The cappuchino was heavenly. A perfect lunch for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulbigredVIPDined on 3/8/2014we have eaten here many times this time was the best, Everything was served hot and in a very artistic manner The food was delicious and the service was great. You are made to feel special and can;t wait to be welcomed back again. Will return and try something new each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- White tablecloth serviceAnnMVIPDined on 3/1/2014This is a beautiful, elegant restaurant with fine dining. The hostesses were polite and smiling. They were not clear whether our table was ready or if they needed a few minutes. Our waiter was a very friendly man who made every attempt to make the diners feel welcomed. It would be nice if he shortened the chit chat and focused more on serving the tables. The coat check struggled to find our coats... The restaurant is worthwhile. The organization and flow of the restaurant experience could use tweaking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodbigredVIPDined on 2/22/2014A return visit better than other times Food service excellent. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Experiencepisces1958Dined on 2/15/2014Finally, a restaurant that caters to a more formal dining experience, with a romantic ambiance, elegant food and superior service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousFinerDeDined on 2/14/2014Dined here on VDay for the second time since re-opened as Bellisimo's! Loved everything again! Delicious, can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude staffNazzDined on 2/14/2014We dined on VDay. We arrived on time and RUDELY told that we had to wait 30 min! No apologies. The staff was fighting with each other in front of the customers. I asked for a latte and was laughed at. The bartender was sarcastic about VDay and people going out. But the food and drinks were great!Special Features:
- great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014We went on Valentines night our waiter was very attentive to our table and food was excellent , great place all in all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.