1 Newark Pomton Turnpike
Little Falls, NJ 07424Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bellissimos-nj.com/
- Phone: 9737854225
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm,
- Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm;
Saturday:1:00 pm to 11:00 pm
Sunday - 1:00pm- 9:pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: David Gabbay
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: John Gonzalez 9737854225
A word from Bellissimo's Restaurant
Bellissimo's Restaurant is an Italian restaurant in Little Falls, NJ.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bellissimo's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (20)romantic (14)fit for foodies (10)notable wine list (8)good for groups (7)vibrant bar scene (5)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Everything was perfectSofiegVIPDined on 9/17/2014We were a group of 14. A business dinner. Victor our waiter was always there but he wasn't in your face. Very subtle. He just happened to appear when you needed him. He was always ready to make eye contact and could understand what you needed from across the room. The food was better much than I expected. Italian food is Italian food blah blah but no, it was far beyond "just Italian" food. Fresh, perfectly seasoned and perfectly cooked. I had the Zuppa di Pesce and I can honestly say it was on of the best I've ever had. Don't hesitate to give this place a try.Special Features:
- Marvelous RestaurantTahoe3131Dined on 8/27/2014Reservations made for Bellissimo's Italian Restaurant went smooth. Service was great and professional. Waiters were well informed of the menu selections and delivery was top notch.Upon arrival of food was served in a timely manner, food was fresh,delicious, and portions lovely.. Definitely will return for lunch, brunch, and dinner in the future with friends. Prices are reasonably good..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SamoDined on 8/15/2014Excellent restaurant delicious food ,great menu selection .very professional and friendly staffSpecial Features:
- Best night out.HoneyDined on 7/25/2014If you truly want a nice evening out, go to Bellissimo. The food is outstanding. The wine list is extensive, so there is much to choose from. The waiters are attentive but give you time to leisurely enjoy yourself. My husband and I will definitely return for any time dining, not just a special occasion.Special Features:
- BIG FANBigFanVIPDined on 6/28/2014High-End NYC dining in New Jersey. Great food, great service and tremendous atmosphere.Special Features:
- Buyer bewareLikes2eatoutDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant is a little shady. The 3lb "out of the shell" lobster was in the shell and had 2 bodies, half a tail and no claws. The meat is in the claws and tail. My husbands giant piece of that they showed him was only half the filet when it came back on his plate and we realized they were showing the same giant piece of fish to every table. Ripoff and shady...wouldn't go there again and wouldn't recommend to anyone.
- ExcellentWinendineDined on 6/27/2014Everything was excellent. The food was delicious, and the live music was a very nice touch. The specials were a little pricey, but worth it. The wine list is impressive and the service is perfect. We will definitely return for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Not really worth the moneyNealiDined on 6/21/2014Service very nice ambience great but food was mediocreSpecial Features:
- bigredVIPDined on 6/11/2014Always enjoy food good specials pricey. Maître d can be pushy always check price on specials Food fresh well preparedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great findbettyDined on 5/31/2014we were celebrating our anniversary and decided to splurge. this is definitely the restaurant for a special occasion. the food choices were plentiful and the specials all sounded delicious. but be sure to bring cash or credit cards because the place is very pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 146 reviews are from the Bellissimo's Restaurant reviews archive.
- WONDERFULBubblesVIPDined on 5/15/2014go for the specials they are amazing, the foie gras and soft shell crabs were fabulousSpecial Features:
- Good Food but ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The food was good but not exceptional to justify the very expensive bill. We were 7 adults and 3 children for dinner and we spent $600 ! So basically $60 a head. Also, when we got there (with reservations) we had to wait 30 minutes to be seated even though there were empty tables they seemed more worried to prepare the dinning room for the dinner hour than to seat us. After that the service was good but I did expected them to make up (food or discounted bill) for making us wait.Special Features:
- jerseydinerDined on 5/3/2014Excellent atmosphere, great food, perfect for a good timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasantly surprisedcakeloverDined on 5/3/2014We received a gift certificate during the holidays totally unaware of Bellisimo's. We were pleasantly surprised by the lovely decor, extensive menu and the attentive staff. Our food was prepared as requested and arrived hot and flavorful! Enjoyed every minute and morsel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal at Bellissimo'sOpenTableDinerVIPDined on 4/30/2014We had an excellent meal at Bellissimo's. The veal piccata and linguini alla vongole were delicious. Service was great. Perfect atmosphere as well. Looking forward to returning to Bellissimo's very soon. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014This was not our first time here and each time we go, it continues to be a great evening. Not the least expensive, but not overly expensive and great for a nice evening out. We have sat in the lounge area for dinner each time and find it to be very nice and quiteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great old-world style experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Food is excellent, menu items are priced appropriately for this level of restaurant, though specials and desserts tend to be expensive. Noise levels are good allowing for romantic setting or just good general dinner table conversation. Interior is attractive and spacious. Service is old school white cloth, generally very good, though our waiter this time disappeared for a while so we had to wait for check for longer than desired. Minor point in as usual an overall very positive experience.Special Features:
- Informal reunionPeteDined on 4/25/2014We had a group of 10 that periodically gets together. Some arrived early, some late. No pressure from staff, hung in bar until critical mass arrived. Service was excellent, knowledgeable and attentive without hanging on you. Specials explained well. We had a variety of dishes and all were excellent. Fish was fresh; veal was perfect. We took our time and were not rushed. This was our second time at Bellisimo's and both were enjoyable evenings.Special Features:
- We have been to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2014We have been to this restaurant three times before, Saturday night they were not very busy and the service was terrible. We were not quite sure why it was so bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the Same as BeforeProtein4UDined on 4/4/2014My recent visit to Bellissimo was disappointing. While the drinks were excellent, they constantly tried to get you to order more expensive dishes and would not substitute vegetables in a dish I ordered. More importantly, I found the food mediocre. On my veal with artichokes & sundried tomatoes, the artichokes were not fresh but briney... the sauces had too much flour and the meat was only all right. This restaurant was always a standout... not anymore... and especially not for the price.
- Pricey but you get what you pay forgourmetfishDined on 3/29/2014No one would ever use the word "moderate" referring to the prices at Bellissimo's. But, by the same token, no one would ever use the word "average" referring to their food. In both cases, "impressive" would seem more appropriate. The prices are not quite NYC, but close. However, their fish is fresh and beautifully prepared and their veal is about as good as it gets. Being perfectly honest, there aren't many restaurants these days in which the owner is almost always there. Bellissimo's is one, and it shows.Special Features:
- Great placeBobbydeeDined on 3/15/2014The atmoshphere was great and the food was even better. Little noisy though.Special Features:
- Lunch fit for Royalty!kittenDined on 3/11/2014Absolutely perfect calamari - light crispy & delicious. Venison was done just as requested as was the rack of lamb. The cappuchino was heavenly. A perfect lunch for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulbigredVIPDined on 3/8/2014we have eaten here many times this time was the best, Everything was served hot and in a very artistic manner The food was delicious and the service was great. You are made to feel special and can;t wait to be welcomed back again. Will return and try something new each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- White tablecloth serviceAnnMVIPDined on 3/1/2014This is a beautiful, elegant restaurant with fine dining. The hostesses were polite and smiling. They were not clear whether our table was ready or if they needed a few minutes. Our waiter was a very friendly man who made every attempt to make the diners feel welcomed. It would be nice if he shortened the chit chat and focused more on serving the tables. The coat check struggled to find our coats... The restaurant is worthwhile. The organization and flow of the restaurant experience could use tweaking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodbigredVIPDined on 2/22/2014A return visit better than other times Food service excellent. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Experiencepisces1958Dined on 2/15/2014Finally, a restaurant that caters to a more formal dining experience, with a romantic ambiance, elegant food and superior service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousFinerDeDined on 2/14/2014Dined here on VDay for the second time since re-opened as Bellisimo's! Loved everything again! Delicious, can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude staffNazzDined on 2/14/2014We dined on VDay. We arrived on time and RUDELY told that we had to wait 30 min! No apologies. The staff was fighting with each other in front of the customers. I asked for a latte and was laughed at. The bartender was sarcastic about VDay and people going out. But the food and drinks were great!Special Features:
- great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014We went on Valentines night our waiter was very attentive to our table and food was excellent , great place all in all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DayLFPPDined on 2/14/2014We went to Bellissimo for Valentines Day and it was very good over all ...and holiday dining can be a disaster! It was pricey and my only major criticism is the lobster dumplings at $18. They were tiny, tough and almost devoid of lobster!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice but priceyMikesambarDined on 2/14/2014Food was excellent and good selection even though it was a holiday menu (valentines day). We had 3 drinks, 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, 1 dessert, coffe and tea and the bill came to over $200 with the tip, so bring your walletSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOliverDined on 2/9/2014I took my wife to Bellissimo's for her birthday, first time being there. She love Italian cuisine, and she definitely love the food. The wait staff was very attentive to our needs, an overall wonderful experience.
- Early early Valentines Day dinnerBillmanDined on 2/8/2014Went for a 6 day early Valentine's Day meal with my bride of 30 years. Knew only amateurs would be there on Feb. 14th.Staff is friendly, engaging, and easy to deal with. Nice bar, even to eat at. Service is experienced, but strained to the limits. Appetizers were better than the dinners, and several specials were sold out.. Portions are plentiful, and tasty though. Drinks are were made, and reasonably priced for a high end restaurant. Skipped dessert, as we were quite full. Not my first time here, nor the last. Very nice upscale eatery for a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful but Misses the MarkKBNJVIPDined on 2/8/2014We went early on a Saturday night at 6:40 just two of us and we did not finish until 9:20. The service started out ok but then went down hill fast. There were definitely too few chefs in the kitchen that night but it was our waiter that was totally clueless. He was very nice and charming but did not follow up. The busboy was new and was not trained by anyone. Our breadbasket was still on the table when we were given our dessert. Not worth it.Special Features:
- The Dover Sole was outstandingJoeBDined on 2/7/2014The Dover Sole was outstanding as was the Branzino. Will be back to try other entrees. Every aspect of this restaurant is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great ServicePhelps2Dined on 1/29/2014Bellisimos was amazing! The food was so fresh and the service was great! We really enjoyed ourselves. The safe really care about their customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The "new" Belissimo is theMichaelDined on 1/18/2014The "new" Belissimo is the return of an old neighborhood favorite in the same building but entirely redone inside as a more upscale, modern restaurant. Excellent Italian restaurant with numerous choices and plentiful servings. Glad to have it back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unprofessional staff and overpricedejbockDined on 12/31/2013Went for new year's eve and we were seated in a timely manner which was one of the only positives of the night. The server we had was preoccupied with other things and did not offer any helpful menu suggestions when asked. One of the other servers decided to berate our server on the dining floor where our table and the other tables around us heard everything they were talking about. My husband's veal marsala came out and although tasted good, it did not come with anything - no starch or vegetable. My chilean sea bass was decent but a bit salty as was the woman's at the table next to us. The bill came and for 2 people 133 dollaers was ways too much.
- A FavoriteACinLFNJVIPDined on 12/31/2013We have been to Bellissimo's a number of times and decided to spend a quiet New Year's Eve there. We weren't disappointed. We got there early and had drinks at the bar which is set up well. We were then taken to a small room with a fireplace and it was very romantic for a New Year's dinner for two. The food was outstanding as always and the service top notch. Thanks for making a great New Year's celebration. We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.