10403 Main Street
Fairfax, VA 22030-3302Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bellissimorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7032932367
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Vegetarian
- Executive Chef: Omar Lavayen, Chef/Owner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Bellissimo Restaurant offers catering for both small and large parties. In addition, we can offer carry-out for those lunches or evenings when you would prefer to eat at home or in the office. Please call Mary for more details at 202 262-3726.
- Private Party Facilities: Bellissimo can accommodate private parties of up to 65 people for lunch or dinner any day of the week. We have experience in a wide range of private parties, including anniversaries, wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, graduations, office parties, business meetings, fundraising events and holiday get togethers. Please tell us what kind of party you would like, and we will help you plan the perfect evening.
- Private Party Contact: Mary Killay Lavayen 2022623726x
- Special Events: Bellissimo Restaurant has partnerships with The Fairfax Symphony and George Mason Center for the Arts. Ticketholders of the Fairfax Symphony Concerts enjoy a 10% discount on the evening of performances.
In addition, ticketholders of George Mason University's Center for the Arts Opera Series enjoy a $15% discount on evenings of performances. Please bring your tickets to us and we will be happy to honor your discount. Feel free to contact Mary at 202 262-3726 or email@example.com for details.
- Cross Street: Main Street and University Drive
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There are many PUBLIC PARKING lots available to Bellissimo diners that are steps from the front door.
Public parking lots include: one block behind Bellissimo (south) on University Drive; one block north on University Drive next door to the Town Hall; one block east on Main Street(236).
A word from Bellissimo Restaurant
A small, cozy restaurant that serves exquisite Northern Italian food in a warm and inviting ambiance with excellent service. We are a fine dining restaurant with a very friendly, welcoming environment. You don't need to wait until a special occasion to visit us- we'd love to see you anytime! Come and visit so that you can try our chef's delectable daily specials for lunch or dinner. See you soon!Continued
Lunch reservations are accepted Tuesday-Friday from 11:30 am until and 2:00 pm.
Dinner reservations are accepted Tuesday- Sunday evenings from at 4:00 pm until 10:00 pm.
Lunch reservations are accepted Tuesday-Friday from 11:30 am until and 2:00 pm.
Dinner reservations are accepted Tuesday- Sunday evenings from at 4:00 pm until 10:00 pm.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Bellissimo Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Fairfax ›
Bellissimo Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (83)special occasion (71)romantic (63)fit for foodies (59)notable wine list (17)great for lunch (10)good for groups (4)great for brunch (4)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- what4VIPDined on 9/14/2014The food was fantastic and our waiter was incredible. He spent a lot of time talking to us about the food and Italy. HE even sang to another Dinner patron. It was a very nice night.Special Features:
- check your billjuliaDined on 9/14/2014We went to this restaurant because of a voucher discount. Food was great, singing waiter charming, but bill was presented to us at full price. We called it to their attention and promptly given the discount but we felt it might have been intentionally presented that way. Not a big deal as we will go back but this might serve as a warning to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialMaravillaDined on 9/12/2014A little too expensive for an overall mediocre experience.
- frequentflierVIPDined on 9/11/2014This was my fourth visit and I chose a regular menu item over the specials. The staff warned me that the rockfish special that night was fresher but I was in the mood for salmon . My meal was fabulous . The blend of flavors and textures was amazing. I was thrilled to find a regular menu item that was so delicious. The staff was gracious and attentive as always. The bread comes hot and crispy. What more could a diner ask for?Special Features:
- Glad We Came BackJoanneVIPDined on 9/11/2014We enjoyed this restaurant a decade or so ago, but for some reason we never went back. It is within walking distance of our house, but we always thought of it as a more special occasion restaurant since it is pricier than our usual "let's grab a bite to eat" place. However, we were enticed back because of a coupon; and we are glad that we did. The service was perfect. The bread was hot out of the oven, served with olive oil and grated cheese. Yum. I had the beef carpaccio which was delicious and the the gnocchi with Fontina which was also very good. My husband had the mushroom and crab soup which was outstanding -- may have to try my hand at making it at home! He then had seafood over linguini which he enjoyed. We will go back.Special Features:
- Always good!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2014We've been here a few times and we never leave disappointed. Our meal was delicious; the service is always attentive and professional.Special Features:
- Disappointedlooking4gooditalianDined on 9/10/2014We were really expecting more. Food was just ok. Service was just ok, nothing really bad or unfriendly. Strange that they never asked if we wanted something to drink, though. We had to prompt them for a glass of wine. I really rate a restaurant by asking if I would go back again and the answer is probably no. Nothing special to go back for.
- frequentflierVIPDined on 9/6/2014I started with the roasted red pepper soup with crab. The soup was thin but very tasty and piping hot.Not a criticism as I appreciated the fact that it was not full of butter and cream yet sacrificed nothing in flavor. The spinach and fennel salad with walnuts was excellent. My entree was Grouper gently cooked with artichokes and tomato. The fish was moist and tender and beautifully seasoned. The bread here arrives toasty hot from the oven. The service is attentive. I have eaten here twice this week and plan to go back in a few days because the food is really excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodAndyBDined on 9/5/2014The food is on the pricier side, but the food is great. I generally do not like tomato based Italian sauces because I find them on the sour side, so I went for a cream based veal dish. It was fabulous. My wife chose a tomato sauce based dish and to my surprise it was not like the other Italian places. The taste was just perfect (and fresh tasting) and I liked how they had wrapped the veal around the asparagus. I will be here again.Special Features:
- We always enjoy BellissimoUvajillybeanDined on 9/4/2014This restaurant is awfully quiet on weeknights, but the food is as good as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should be six starsNancyVIPDined on 9/3/2014We had an incredible meal, absolutely delicious. The service was exceptional, personal and just this side of too much. We will go there again when we are in the Fairfax area...Special Features:
- DinnerGuestDined on 9/2/2014Good basic Italian food, but nothing special. The veal was a little tough and the sauce heavier than it should be for veal. The wine list is limited especially for wine by the glass. The wait staff was attentive and kindly moved us to another table (we were originally seated next to the bathroom!).Special Features:
- Bellisimo is bellisimo!artzladyDined on 9/2/2014This was our second visit here and the food has been fabulous both times. The first visit was during the Washington Restaurant week and it was very busy and a bit loud but the place is small so noise carries. The food was wonderful and very generous portions. Waiter Manny is very personable too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceamillwardDined on 8/30/2014As soon as you walked, the staff took care of your every dining needs. I would recommend this place to anyone who is celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian in Fairfax CityOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/29/2014We generally eat downtown when looking for a memorable meal, but we enjoy trying restaurants around the area. While the atmosphere at Bellissimo will not bowl anyone over, it's pleasant enough, and, more importantly, the food was elevated and impeccable -- as good or better than top notch Italian restaurants in DC, and without the pretense. Our waiter was a pro who smoothly guided us through the menus best offerings. Bravo! We'll be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Enjoyed everything from the food to the character. The specials were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They were "slammed?"FairfaxneighborDined on 8/23/2014The food was excellent. The service was very poor--we had to ask for a wine list. It was difficult to get the attention of the wait staff. The wine choices were extremely limited by the glass, and a bottle was way overpriced. The quality of the food will bring us back but not on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- Good food.GoodFoodDined on 8/19/2014Didn't realize they were doing resturant week until we got there. The special menu was delicious and the four of us each had something different. None of us were disappointed. Our friends making their first visit there said they needed to add Bellissimo to their favorites list. All in all an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GuestBorisDined on 8/17/2014We went to Belissimo for the first time even though we live close by. The restaurant is small, but comfortable, and reservations are recommended. They had special prices for the Restaurant Week which enabled us to sample their menu without breaking the budget! And it was awesome - each dish ordered was attractively presented and was delicious. The service was attentive and helpful in choosing items from the menu. We will return soon and sample more dishes from their extensive menu.Special Features:
- Delicious!Mjeanb712VIPDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I came here for restaurant week on Saturday night and it was amazing! Everything from the service to the food was just perfect. We spoke with the owner for a bit as well and she was so sweet and personable. Can't believe it took me so long to try this place! Looking forward to bringing family in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and willing to pleasehometowngirlDined on 8/16/2014A tight fit for our party of five, but still an enjoyable evening. We ordered from the DC Restaurant Week menu: Main dish with sides of summer squash tasted very homemade, desserts were standard, but still yummy (cannoli, tiramisu, strawberries and cream). Wait staff was eager to please and made us feel welcome. A nice night out. We will try again to explore the full menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eveningluv2eatoutDined on 8/16/2014The menu for Restaurant week was outstanding with many choices. The food was amazing and the portion was more than adequate. The owner came over to make sure we wee enjoying the meal. She was very pleasant and helped out when there was a mistake on the bill. Also gave us a lovely after dinner drink.Special Features:
- Awesome foodlaffyDined on 8/16/2014The food was great! Came here for restauraunt week. Service was good as well. It is a small place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice Italian mealKANDJDined on 8/16/2014The food was great. Service was also great. I liked it. Probably the best restaurant near George Mason Univ. It is a small place. No close parking. Parking s a block away. Worth going to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Genuine Italian Food in FairfaxPatouDined on 8/14/2014We loved Bellissimo. It is a traditional restaurant which offers authentic Italian cuisine. There are very few tables and the service is attentive. It's a classic address to keep under "Favorites".Special Features:
- Great ItalianDinerVIPDined on 8/13/2014We have a few favored Italian restaurants in the area, but we decided to try some place new for restaurant week. So glad we did! We have a new go-to place for really great Italian. Even though it was very crowded, the noise was not too bad. We could hear each other talk without shouting, which seems to be a more common problem as we get older. The wine list was very short, but we had a nice Amarone. The service was attentive without being rushed or oppressive. Most of all, though, the food was simply wonderful. The ravioli was meaty and full of flavor; the agnolotti was tender and rich. We can't wait for an excuse to go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent restaurantTurn2foodDined on 8/13/2014This restaurant is truly a gem. Visited during restaurant week for lunch. The staff are friendly, food was top notch, ambiance was enjoyable. I'd definitely recommend this spot for all Italian food lovers. Cream of Mushroom soup, calamari, tilapia with a tomato broth, and the tirmasu were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUS GEMgeorgesfamilyDined on 8/9/2014After having a great lunch at Bellissimo, I couldn't wait to go for dinner to experience the bigger menu. It was absolutely wonderful. The food is superb. We started out by sharing the deliciously seared scallops in a divine, creamy pesto sauce. We shared two of the specials (which I highly recommend ordering since you will definitely want to return and the main menu will always be available). The seafood linguine was full of delicious seafood and had a light, unique, yummy sauce. The homemade spinach ravioli was mouth watering. Of the four dishes I have shared there, they have all been amazingly delicious. We are foodies who love to cook, and are often disappointed by restaurants. So glad to have found this quaint, superb gem!Special Features:
- anonDined on 8/9/2014Outstanding meal! Very attentive staff and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the impressedfirsttimethereJRDined on 8/8/2014The food was alright but not great.... The fried calamari was overcookedSpecial Features:
- Wonderful!Mac3051Dined on 7/29/2014Having never tried Northern Itilian food I found the service and food amazing! I live near Baltimore but will be sure to make the trip again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal and serviceJerseyboyDined on 7/26/2014Had a wonderful anniversary dinner. The food was excellent, especially the calamari polenta appetizer. Many dishes to choose from as well. Our waiter was friendly and patient and very enthusiastic. Was very pleased with the overall experience - much better than my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint with delicious foodgeorgesfamilyDined on 7/25/2014We are foodies. We went for lunch, which was fabulous, but I can't wait to go back for dinner! We started by sharing the soup of the day, which was a cream of fennel with crab. It was divine! We then shared the Agnolotti Alla Panna and the Fettuccine al Pesto. It was a perfect split. The Agnolotti was absolutely sinfully delicious, but was a bit heavy. The fettucine with pesto nicely balanced the heavier cream sauce and was also delicious. The sauvignon blanc and montepuliano house wines were unremarkable. I cannot wait to go back for dinner.
- Love this placeCoreySDined on 7/22/2014Been here twice, knockout food and service both times. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Wonderful from beginning to endLotusDined on 7/20/2014Went there for my birthday in the evening. The food, waiters, ambiance- everything was top notch. My favorite restaurant in Northern Virginia. Lovely evening. Will go back soon.Special Features:
- Romantic DinnerRomanticDinnerDined on 7/19/2014My highest recommendation. We had a wonderful, delicious, relaxing dining experience. The staff treated us like family and made sure we felt at home, even ensuring that we were able to depart in time to catch our show at the Kennedy Center including directions on the best way to get there. We will definitely dine at Bellissimo again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bello, Bello, Bello!ElleMartiniDined on 7/18/2014Food and service were excellent, lovey dining room; it's not often we order more than an entre and glass of wine. But we went for the whole nine yards: escargot and mussels, two specials (which were exceptionally good), four glasses of wine (between the two of us), and shared a chocolate mousse desert. Price wise, we can't do this every night, but we will be back as often as we can. Millie grazie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable dinnertitoVIPDined on 7/18/2014food and service was great, nothing negative to said. food was great, the Tuna carpaccio was great, so overall great dinner. We were at INOVA waiting for sister to get done with surgery.. open table gave us the place.. and the reviews were good... so if you want some italian food, good service and food and around the area... go check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Again!BillVIPDined on 7/18/2014How impressive is it when you hear the wait staff doscussing the available open shifts at "Olive Garden"? Or, the discussion between servers and chef of whether or not the "Special" we ordered contained "chives" or "chili". Even more concerning they were spelling the names of the ingredients to the chef. Well, they guessed wrong, the chili powder in the glaze on the veal was so strong neither one of us finished our $30+ dinner special. Bottom line, way over priced and poorly prepared food. No wonder we were the "only" 2 guestes in the resturant for the hour and forty-five minutes we were there on a Friday night!
- Lovely LuncheonkileyDined on 7/15/2014The gazpacho soup was excellent and the waiter entertained us for most of our luncheon and even had another waiter come to our table to sing quite elegantly "Happy Birthday". Delicious sauce on our fresh strawberries.Special Features: