Bellini Italian Restaurant & Brick Oven Pizza - West Side
483 Columbus Ave
New York, NY 10024Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bellini Italian Restaurant & Brick Oven Pizza - West Side
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bellininewyork.com/
- Phone: (212) 724-4615
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Abel Mendoza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, BYO Liquor, Cocktails, Delivery, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-site catering is available. Italian food and authentic Brick Oven Pizza.
A word from Bellini Italian Restaurant & Brick Oven Pizza - West Side
A quaint, trendy, comfortable Italian restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bellini Italian Restaurant & Brick Oven Pizza - West Side reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (1)good for groups (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We were a party of 8 and they had a table set up for us that was perfect for conversation at dinner, in a square rather than long despite it being a narrowish layout inside. The service was excellent and we really liked all of our dishes too. It is a tiny bit loud but we were able to carry on conversation around the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 39 reviews are from the Bellini Italian Restaurant & Brick Oven Pizza - West Side reviews archive.
- AccomodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2014Very accomodating to our large group. The service was great. Pricey for what we got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingRBA1966VIPDined on 6/27/2014very bad food, pizza was burned, they screwed up the order, the pizza was overcooked, they had no expresso (shocking for an italian restaurant). Reasonable price but not worth it. There are better choices in the neighborhood.
- unexpected findmdb35VIPDined on 6/19/2014Small neighborhood restaurant with AWESOME brick oven pizza. Salads were huge and delicious (we had the mista and the arugula). Would go back in a heartbeat next time we are in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls in new Yorkgkp33VIPDined on 4/12/2014Good pizza! We added the eggplant to it and it was perfect. Also had the Gnocchi and enjoyed it as well. Add a little wine and it's complete. It's a bit more casual than I would have preferred, but will know next time.Special Features:
- Traditional ItalianCanadianinnewyorkDined on 3/9/2014We found this little restaurant around the corner of our hotel in the upper West Side. Felt like an old fashion italian restaurant when we went in. Sitting by the door was a bit chilly with the door opening and closing. but otherwise fine. The service was a bit lacking, but food was very good and the experience overall comfortable and satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small... but worth it!!SarahDined on 12/29/2013We were in NYC for New Years with a group of 15. We fully relied on the OpenTable app!! Thank goodness we did because I don't think we would have thought to go into Bellini if we hadn't known they could accommodate that many. The restaurant is small but they did a great job of making us feel welcome with such a big group. We made our reservation only 30 minutes before we arrived and it was all set up when we got there. Service was great. It's definitely more of a place for a one-on-one date or for a small group- it's the perfect setting. But they did a great job with our large party too. I would definitely recommend this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CozyKWHowellDined on 12/25/2013Bellini is a great little restaurant on the Upper West Side. It's small, but romantic and personal. The food is good, and the service is fantastic. Good beer and wine list. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A WELCOMING ATMOSPHERE!KKayDined on 11/27/2013Following walking in the rain , the warm welcome and prepared table made our large family group feel welcome and anticipated. Graciously taking orders from ages 2- 69 and delivering service to all allowed us to dine deliciously and efficiently! Pizza, Veal ,Pasta, and Eggplant dishes showed menu versatility . All meals were served fresh and hot..not to mention tasty. I would recommend this authentic Italian restaurant to a wide range of diners who are looking for good food and friendly service.Special Features:
- good food, bad servicescookeDined on 11/9/2013Food was good. Great sauces. Especially the pesto. But the wait staff was very slow. The food took forever.
- good Italian restaurantbrainrDined on 11/1/2013stopped here before a show at the museum of natural history , food and service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bellini for a good mealBobdiVIPDined on 10/29/2013Good food, great service and nice menu selection. Only down side is they only serve wine & beer no liquor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long food timelemobby123Dined on 8/5/2013Server was really nice and food was good. However, it took 30 minutes to get soup appetizers and then an additional hour for 2 ravioli and 1 pasta entree. If you have a lot of time to spare, I guess this would be a good place to go.
- family dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/26/2013My in-laws were in town and wanted pizza so we headed over to Bellini's. There was no air conditioning on so it was kind of stuffy. The service was not good. It took forever for someone to come take drink orders once we arrived and we had to constantly ask for more water. The pizza was OK, definitely wouldn't go back.
- They bent backwards for me!!affluentpauperDined on 6/30/2013This may be a little bit over the top, but I can't find a word in the English language that can accurately describe the feeling of utter appreciation for the manager and wait staff at Bellini. They were so accomodating and friendly. Especially in a situation which lesser staff would have been annoyed and probably upset. I made reservations for 18 people. Although only 18 people RSVP'd, almost about 34 peopleshowed up. I though the manager was going to throw us all out, but instead they did their best to rearrange the tables that were available, and once other tables became available they quckly cleaned and arranged those tables so that the group can be together. We felt like family at the end of the night. Food was superb as well!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant said they did notOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/24/2013Restaurant said they did not receive reservation and tables would not be available for 15 minutes - we went elsewhere
- First Mother's Day FoiledejburrowsVIPDined on 5/12/2013I found Bellini on Open Table, offering the brunch items I knew my wife and first time Mother would enjoy. When we arrived, they did not offer us the same menu. We were stuck eating mediocre pizza and subs instead of eggs benedicts and waffles. They are hundreds of better places for pizza than this joint. My wife's first Mother's Day brunch was ruined because of this menu mix up. Grade Pending on inspection, to boot. Empty as compared to neighboring restaurants.
- Slow Service on the UWSOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013We arrived on time to find the staff still vacuuming. There was no-one else in the restaurant. We then waited more than 40 minutes for 3 pasta dishes and two pizzas - even though there were no other customers. Ridiculously slow. Would not visit again.
- Great neighborhood restaurant.NancyCDined on 3/17/2013Great neighborhood restaurant. Easy to get to from the subway.Special Features:
- Nice, quiet dinner.NancyCDined on 3/17/2013Enjoyed our dinner very much at Bellini's. The food and wine were very good! Will return when I visit NYC next time. Easy subway ride from midtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food-make a reservation!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/1/2013Good food-make a reservation! Service not so great but remember it is byob for $5.
- Great menu. Friendly and courteousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/23/2013Great menu. Friendly and courteous wait staff. Nice atmosphere.
- No brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/17/2013There is nothing wrong with the restaurant aside from the fact that they have a nice brunch menu listed online so we made a reservation for 10 for brunch and when we got there they were "out of brunch". I'm not sure if they were out for the day, or don't serve it at all anymore, but it was definitely annoying to have had 10 friends trek to the UWS for brunch and then realize our only options were pasta and salads at noon. We ended up going next door to Cilantro which was great. Just don't plan on coming here for brunch!
- Food is pedestrian and waitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/2013Food is pedestrian and wait staff is pleasant but rushed you. Which was strange as there were only a few diners. A fair to below average place. Really a pizza joint.
- It is a rear to find BYOBNICKNAMEVIPDined on 12/29/2012It is a rear to find BYOB restaurant in the Upper West Side, redusing your dinner cost to half.Special Features:
- family pizza dining optionHDuoDined on 12/23/2012We were 4 adults and 2 children under 6 and the space at our table was ample, the noise level was ideal. The bread basket was tasty thebruschetta was delicious one of our favorites in the city. Authentic pizza fresh mozzarella. We enjoyed a cabretnet glass of wine was actualy tasty not a typical cheap red with a bite but rather a smooth blend. The wait staff were friendly and very attentive. We would dine here Again. It is so easy to find and convienent to both Central Park and the Museum of Natural History.Special Features:
- Not Kid FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/8/2012The restaurant looks quaint and very authentic from the outside but once inside it's a big disappointment. The only reason I am giving this restaurant a fair is because the pizza was almost good. Everything else was bad. We had children with us (the review said it was kid friendly) and the staff couldn't be bothered. The server took 10 minutes to take a drink order, they had only bad house wine did not bring bread to the table until asked (everyone else around us got prompt service with bread upon arrival). The calamari was ok, the rest of the meal was truly terrible from over mixed meatballs to clams that were huge and rubbery the meal was a bust. THe pizza crust however is pretty good.
- Great restaurant but did notOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012Great restaurant but did not have Open Table reservation for my group when I arrived; we then left because we did not want to wait thirty minutes, but the hostess then called my phone because she retrieved the reservation off the computer and set up our table, and so we returned and had a delicious dinner (great salad and eggplant, cork fee on wine bottles though).Special Features:
- Excellent pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2012Glad we found this restaurant. We visit NYC a few times a year and stay on the upper west side. We were looking for a good brick oven pizza and found it here. Ambience was warm and pleasant on a cold night, and the service was friendly and efficient. They encourage BYOB, not a problem as there are many wine stores around. We will be back for more pizza, and to try their pasta too.Special Features:
- We stopped here after an eventOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/21/2012We stopped here after an event at my son's school because everyone wanted pizza, but there are surprisingly few good options for pizza in this part of the city. We were seated right away in an area up front and our order was taken quickly. However, even though the restaurant was only partly full, the food was not brought out in a timely fashion. My pasta dish was brought out at least 5 minutes before everyone else's. My kids sat hungry while I let my dinner get cold because I did not want to eat in front of them. My wife's dish was also delivered before the kids' meals. This is not an acceptable restaurant practice, and I have seen this happen at too many places. Additionally, the waitstaff was not attentive to our requests for more water.Special Features:
- Very well priced Italian foodDisappointedVIPDined on 10/20/2012Very well priced Italian food that was good not great. Didn't realize it was byob optional which probably explains the small wine list. Very laid back atmosphere, not much ambiance. I was a little turned off by the paper menus, I felt like I was in a takeout pizza place.Special Features:
- Good Pizza n No WineFoodNewsDined on 9/7/2012This quaint Italian restaurant had the most amazing thin crust pizza. My husband and I were disappointed because they only had house wine.Special Features:
- Food was pretty good, putOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2012Food was pretty good, put the service could have been better. Shift change in the middle of our dinner and it took a while to get the check.
- We've been to Bellini numerousOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/21/2012We've been to Bellini numerous times and usually have great service and food. However, when we returned on a Sat night, the service was pretty bad and the food was a little heavy on the butter. Our waiter was pretty good in the beginning of the evening but as more people came in, he seemed to forget about us. We waited about 20 minutes for our dessert. The people next to us waited about just as long on a salad. I would understand if the waiter was new but I saw him working here about 3 months prior to this night. We will return because only a couple of times have I been disappointed in this place, but we will try on a weekday night instead.
- not the most tasty food lobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/12/2012not the most tasty food lobster ravioli was bland. my girlfriend's grilled salmon was bland and tasteless
- Pizza and pasta dishes areOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2012Pizza and pasta dishes are always fresh. Tartufo makes you very happy.Special Features:
- Long wait, poor quality food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2012Extremely slow service -- we waited over 45 minutes for our 4 entrees, and people who were sat after us received their food far before we did. No one came to let us know about the delay which was frustrating, we inquired after 45 minutes and they were apologetic and gave us a free pudding at the end of the meal. We had: the cold antipasti, chicken marsala, pesto, chicken fettucine, gnocchi, and the almond pudding (free). All were fair at best. Not going back.
- Our server was not helpfulOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/31/2012Our server was not helpful or pleasant. We waited 45 minutes for food. The pasta sauce was sweet and tasted like it came from a jar. However, the salads were good and pizza fine. I would not recommend this place, many other choices on the UWS.
- While the place was very small,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/31/2012While the place was very small, the food was very good. I would go back again, maybe with a smaller group.Special Features:
- A Pleasant Surprise!UWSdadVIPDined on 2/17/2012We were a large group looking for someplace to go for Italian food and decided to give Bellini a try - and we're glad we did. Everyone was very welcoming and the service was great. It was quiet, so we could actually have a conversation. And the food was all good - the pizza, appetizers (I highly recommend the fried eggplant and zucchini) and the pastas. We'll be back!Special Features: