330-332 5th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11215Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bellevillebistro.com/
- Phone: 7188329777
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:30am - 3:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Fabian Pauta
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Belleville Lounge is Brooklyn's newest lounge space with an unparalleled atmosphere. The room can be reserved for groups of 10 to 70, sit-down or cocktail style. Both the restaurant and the lounge combined will allow groups up to 150.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Fraley 7188329777
- Entertainment: Belleville Lounge offers live entertainment with no cover! Check our website for the weekly schedule.
A word from Belleville Bistro
Michelin Guide's Critic's Pic for 2010! This neighborhood favorite is a Park Slope landmark, known for friendly staff, amazing dishes and truly authentic Parisian atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Belleville Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- Excellent Romantic French BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013This place really went beyond my expectations. The service was excellent, the live music entertaining without being overbearing, and the ambiance was just incredible. But the best part hands down was the food. Highly recommend the Vegetarian Platter and, when available, the Filet Mignon special. It was out of this world! Thanks Belleville!Special Features:
- Paris on FifthBrooklynDinerVIPDined on 2/14/2013Never disappointed. When I walk into Belleville, they greet me like an old friend. I was there on Valentine's Day and the special menu was tempting. But, I was loyal to my old favorites-- salad Lyonnaise and duck confit. What a pleasure! The egg on the salad was perfectly runny and the duck melted in my mouth as usual. I felt like I was in Paris, not on Fifth Avenue in Brooklyn!!Special Features:
- Atmosphere was great, foodmauconDined on 1/18/2013Atmosphere was great, food was very good, acoustics were terrible. Couldn't hear anyone at the table and since there were five of us, it was a bit of a strain.
- Great local spotBrooklynerDined on 1/11/2013Service was slow but we enjoyed the live music. Some sound testing tweaked out ears while dining but it was still a nice overall experience.Special Features:
- I wish the accepted AmericanOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/5/2013I wish the accepted American Express. Goat cheese tart was yummy!
- Great date!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2013We had a great date at Belleville. Warm, friendly service, good food, and a live pianist singing jazz and pop standards. The Sancerre by the glass recommended by the waitress was truly outstanding. We both ordered seafood dishes and were pleasantly surprised to find them not too salty, which often seems to be the case in many restaurants. Both the maitre d' and waitress were super friendly and seemed to truly care, and that alone will make us come back.Special Features:
- Concept of service unknown.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012We were sat 15 mins after reservation time, given 1 menu between the 2 of us - asked for another. Steak was sold out at 9pm on New Years Eve. Silverware was not replenished - had to ask for it, drink order wasn't taken - flagged down waiter, entrees were dropped on table with no napkind - flagged someone down for those, excruciating service resulted in wanting to just leave so asked for dessert to go - had waiter come up 20 mins later asking of we had it yet. Flagged another person down for check. Bill was $138 for 1 appetizer, 2 entrees, 1 dessert, mineral water & 1 beer. We were sat in front of the entrance where despite the curtains a freezing draft blasted us te entire time - I ended up wearing coat. Food good but no real value.
- As usual, outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2012Belleville is one of our favorite places and, as usual, we had a wonderful time for our visit on New Year's. The staff is terrific and the food beautiful and delicious. We truly enjoyed!Special Features:
- Service a little slow andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/24/2012Service a little slow and haphazard. Food excellent. Feels like a parisian bistro.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Spot for Quiet DinnerKimBDined on 12/15/2012Had dinner with friends this weekend - service was excellent. Our waiter was knowledgable and friendly. Meals of steak frites and a daily special of scallops were very good but scallop special was a bit skimpy and oversalted. Steaks were cooked well and seasoned. We will return.Special Features:
- Amazing food and great atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2012Amazing food and great atmosphere. I was extremely pleased with my experience.Special Features:
- Mussels were tasteless andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2012Mussels were tasteless and mushy. Steak au poivre ordered "red" and was cooked medium rare. A different steak dish was requested "medium" and was delivered "red". Waiter was advised, and apologized, but said he had placed the correct order. He made no attempt to remedy the situation. One diner ordered soup and salad only, and was satisfied with her meal.
- Great restaurant if you areOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/13/2012Great restaurant if you are going to a concert later at the Barclay center...either a 30 min walk or 10 minute cab right, and they'll call the car for you. Oyster salad was amazing!Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner. AttentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/13/2012Wonderful dinner. Attentive service. A great per-show dinner. The staff had us ready for our show and called a car service for us. Nice option for a per-Barclay show. Try the grilled salmon or Gnocchi.Special Features:
- Warm bistro on a rainy night.BJF613Dined on 10/7/2012Our daughter lives in Brooklyn and suggested this restaurant because she often passes it on her way home from work. My husband, daughter and I went on a rainy Sunday evening. The staff was warm and welcoming and we were seated immediately. It is a lovely bistro. I has a swordfish special served with a vegetable cous cous. My husband had the hanger steak which was cooked to perfection. Our daughter who is a vegetarian ordered the gnocchi with vegetables which she thoroughly enjoyed.Special Features:
- Belleville is excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2012Excellent, relaxed neighborhood bistro. The food was great, loved the onion soup and steak frites. I didn't like my mango desert but I sampled the others and they were great, particularly the creme brulee. Staff is super-friendly. Restaurant interior is beautiful. We were a large group with kids and everyone had a good time.Special Features:
- Our waitress was exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2012Our waitress was exceptional and the maitre d' wished the appropriate guest happy birthday. I could not be more pleased with our experience at Belleville.Special Features:
- Great French Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2012I love this place. Although we had reservations and came on time we still had to wait a bit to be seated but while we waited we were catered to. Food came quickly and it was delicious as usual. Great flavors and perfect portion sizes. Belleville has a new owner now who is super nice and was super keen on making sure service was spectacular. And it was. He even offered us desert on the house!Special Features:
- Belleville Bistro a treat!MaggimaernDined on 5/13/2012Attractive place, excellent dishes, very good wine by the glass, friendly and thoughtful waitstaff, prices reasonable. New owner charming and solicitous. Maitre d' likewise very courteous and considerate. Customer noise inside was at quite a high level, but it was extremely busy (Mother's Day dinner hour) so this was understandable. (Far less noisy at streetside outdoor table!) Very likeable bistro, a positive experience overall.Special Features:
- French Fare in Park SlopeCassyVIPDined on 5/12/2012Belleville has an inviting setting and the French music helps to set the mood. The fare is more a marriage of French ingredients with an American taste than distinctly authentic French food. I felt each dish was hit or miss: what was good was superb and what was ok was just ok. If you go you can't leave without trying the gnocchi. It was delicious!Another honorable mention is the Salade D’endives Au Roquefort. I would go back again for those two dishes and to sample their brunch menu.Special Features:
- The service was unbelievablyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/13/2012The service was unbelievably slow, it took ten minutes for someone to take our wine order, then tables sat after us were helped first, despite our trying to get someones attention. The duck confit entree was extremely dry, when I told the manager, he told me that it is because it is cooked for a very long time. When I told him that I am a chef and have cooked thousands of duck legs confit, he finally apologized. We wil not be returning to this restaurant. Escargot were chewy also...
- I've been here for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012I've been here for brunch but never for dinner before. I expected a decent/predictable bistro meal but the food was exceptional. I had the mahi-mahi which was the fish of the day and it was excellent. My friend had the Steak with Bearnaise sauce and that was great too. Overall great food and lovely relaxed atmosphere. I will definitely be going back again for dinner (and brunch of course!)Special Features:
- our waiter was fabulous. gotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2012our waiter was fabulous. got us in and out in time for theater even though we got there late & all was still lovely!
- Not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Decent selection of wine and french onion soup was ok but the medium rare steak was awfully close to well done, the chicken was dry, and the desert was stale. Server forgot items and took long. Don't sit anywhere near the door during the winter as it is far too cold.
- It had been awhile since weOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/10/2012It had been awhile since we were last there. At brunch the food was so-so, the service was slow, and there was hardly anyone there. What a disappointment after having had a couple of good dinners there in years past.
- The food was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/5/2012The food was great and the menu was very well rounded. It's a nice location and nice atmosphere. I've been there twice now, and one time the service was great, the other not as good, but they were busy. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Charming restaurant, wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/16/2012Charming restaurant, wonderful service. With the exception of the steak frites -- the steak was much too tough (which I believe has been pointed out in other reviews) -- the food was quite good.Special Features:
- It was a serviceable dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/14/2012It was a serviceable dinner but prices are high are portions are small.
- Great! And our waitress, Carolyn,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/9/2012Great! And our waitress, Carolyn, was perfect. This might become our weekly go to spot!Special Features:
- The good and the badOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/3/2012My wife ordered the salmon which she rates very good. I ordered the Steak Frites aux Bearnaise. The steak was full of fat and difficult to cut and not worthy of its price or a fair rating. The service was outstanding.
- We have eaten at BellevilleBillDined on 12/24/2011We have eaten at Belleville many times and love this restaurant in our neighborhood. We made reservations here for a family Christmas Eve dinner. We were shocked when the restaurant called and moved our reservation up one hour so they could close early for the Holiday. We scrambled to get there early and were seated in a cramped corner where they quickly threw together a table where I had to sit sideways because there was no leg room. We were rushed through dinner and it was obvious the food preparation was rushed, as it didn't have the same quality and preparation we have come to expect here. This is a nice restaurant and the food is always very good, but we won't be back for awhile until the sting of a ruined evening goes away.Special Features:
- This was my second visit toMimiGDined on 12/15/2011This was my second visit to the restaurant, and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it did not fail to live up to my previous (g-r-e-a-t) memory of dining there. The food was delicious and the service was on par... I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a late-night meal or a good date spot.Special Features:
- Exceeded All ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/6/2011My wife and I were staying in mid-town Manhattan and had plans to attend a nightclub in Brooklyn on 5th that night. We both wanted French cuisine that evening and went on-line to locate available restaurants. We liked your website and what fare you had to offer. It did not disappoint...The food and service was absolutely spectacular and reasonably priced...Wished we had a destination like yours here in California...Oh well, looking forward to dining with you again on our next trip to the City. Also, the subway system from mid-town to our 5th Ave destination in Brooklyn was very unbelievably quick. All in all, our experience easily exceeded all expectations! Bravo!!Special Features:
- This place is hands down awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/3/2011This place is hands down awesome! Great find of a french restaurant right in the heart of park slope. Will absolutely be goin back.Special Features:
- Had the price fixed dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2011Had the price fixed dinner which offered several choices and was very good. Will for sure go back.Special Features:
- Delicious food. Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/5/2011Delicious food. Great service - very accommodating to one of our party's special dietary needs. Dessert was great and the map ex we ordered was yummy.Special Features:
- Great food! Great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/5/2011Great food! Great service. We were not rushed at all and at the same time did not wait for food. I had the duck which was really great. Others in my party had the scallops, chicken and hanger steak and all raved about their dishes. We loved the apps also. Muscles were superb.Special Features:
- Neighborhood place worth visitingStevenAmIDined on 10/22/2011Reliable neighborhood place. Very close to The Bell House, it's a good place to get a bite before a show.
- Bastille Day winnerBeenThereAteThatDined on 7/14/2011For Bastille Day, a great $25 3-course prix fixe. Nice variety of choices for appetizers, entrees and dessert. Service was pleasant. In all, a very good value for the quality.Special Features:
- great local restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2011Went for a 7:30 dinner and left very satisfied. The food was fresh from the salmon to lamb shank. They also carry 3 beers on draft and a large selection of wines. would recommend.Special Features: