75-200 Classic Club Blvd
Palm Desert, CA 92211Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bellatrixrestaurantpalmdesert.com/
- Phone: 7606013690x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday thru Thursday 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday thru Thursday - 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gerard Brunett
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Coming Soon
- Private Party Contact: Christine Fahey-Paxton (760)601-3603x
- Cross Street: Varner / Cook St. Exit
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We are located at 75-200 Classic Club Blvd, Palm Desert, CA 92211. Directions are as follows:
From 10 East Fwy - Exit Cook Street Exit, Left on Cook Street, Right on Varner, Left on Classic Club Blvd.
From 10 West Fwy - Exit Cook Street Exit, Right on Cook Street, Right on Varner, Left on Classic Club Blvd.
We are located directly inside the Classic Club Golf Clubhouse, host site of the 2006, 2007, and 2008 Bob Hope Chrysler Classic.
A word from Bellatrix
Entertain your guests in style in our elegant Bellatrix Restaurant dining room for dinner under the stars or lunch overlooking our nationally recognized championship course designed by Arnold Palmer and a host site of the 2006, 2007, and 2008 Bob Hope Chrysler Classic. Visit with us at our Bellatrix Wine Bar featuring a selection of over 100 wines by the bottle and over 30 wines by the glass along with full service bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Bellatrix - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Bellatrix reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (22)special occasion (17)fit for foodies (16)great for outdoor dining (15)notable wine list (13)good for groups (13)neighborhood gem (12)great for lunch (11)romantic (9)great for brunch (4)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- 18th birthday partykevinDined on 12/27/2013We celebrated our daughter's 18th birthday with grandparents and classmates. The food was very nice and the ambience was subdued. The service was better than average. It was a good value for the experience.Special Features:
- Exquisite Setting!JavajudiVIPDined on 11/30/2013This is one of my favorites. I was there twice last week and love it every time. They never disappoint. Lunch on the patio is breathtaking overlooking the fabulous golf course. Try it for lunch, dinner or just for their Happy a Hour. You'll be back for more!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jake1JakeDined on 11/22/2013Very good food presented well. Service was great and we did not feel rushed. We had been to the bar happy hour before so thought we would give the dinning room a shot and we were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great place to dine.BeezersDined on 11/14/2013We go there for our anniversary because our experience has always been great. Right from the Welcome to the Have a Great Evening and everything in between. So "Thank You" again for a great evening. Cheers and see you next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off nightChowHoundVIPDined on 11/7/2013The service was really off. But we had been there earlier in the week and it was fabulous. I just don't think they were prepared for the crowd they'd get on Prime Rib night. We had a very long wait for the starters to come out and then within a few minutes the entrees came out. In their defense, when I said no, we aren't ready yet, (since we were still eating). They took the entrees back and DID NOT put them under a warming light, we were brought new dinners. The food was good and everyone was friendly and polite, it was just off with the timing of the service. I would certainly go back. When we had gone earlier in the week we gave everything 5 stars.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChowhoundChowHoundVIPDined on 11/5/2013The pot roast is excellent, tender and flavorful. The staff is great. Our waitress was friendly and knew the menu well. We had a special request and it was no problem to change a recipe. The happy hour menu has quite a variety. We started with a flat bread pizza and it was great. Everything was so good we are going back two days later for prime rib night. And it's beautiful inside and out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much Ado About NothingdesertroseDined on 11/2/2013Service was about the only thing that our party of four could say was good about our experience. A prix fix menu was all that was offered except for the bar menu, which greatly limits one food choice. Two of us had the "barrel cut filet" and two had the Cornish game hen. The filet were mushy and lacked flavor or seasoning. The chicken was uninspired and totally lack seasoning. One gets the feeling that this place is going out of business due to the lack of menu choices. Wine is sold by the ounce! There are lots of better choices in the desert than Bellatrix.
- disappointedpippyDined on 10/11/2013We have dined with you a few times and loved the Friday night specials, we were very surprised to find that this has now changed (no fish and chips!!!!) and your menu was very sparce with only a choice of four entrees on the menu. Will this change?Special Features:
- The BellatrixGrammaevaDined on 10/2/2013I had lunch there for my first visit to this restaurant. I was very pleased with everyone who was involved, starting with the fine young men who tended the door and greeted us upon entering the building. All were professional, well groomed, polite and eager to share their beautiful location. We were pleasantly surprised as we were leaving, as one of these fine young men, also took us in a golf cart to our cars in the parking lot. Unexpected and appreciated. The service was very good, a pleasant, smiling and happy server who was obviously training a new server, who was also very nice. The food came within a very short period of time, and was quite good. I would definitely recommend this to someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch!eby3VIPDined on 9/29/2013Although we are vegetarian, the server and chef made our lunch delicious! We ordered the chicken sandwich on a whole wheat bun w/o the chicken and it was memorable! It was not only scrumptous but also very healthy and filling! It was served with delicious non greasy garlic french fries and we look forward to having lunch there again. We also checked out the dinner menu/wine list and can't wait to order!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unpleasantly surprisedSlow2judgeDined on 9/26/2013I expected a much higher quality evening. We may try the restaurant for lunch one time but probably not too soon. The fact that it was my birthday, and so noted in the reservation, was completely ignored. Our entrees were (1) ICE cold and (2) overdone.Special Features:
- The service was lacking. WeFantasticVIPDined on 9/25/2013The service was lacking. We had to find a busser to get us a second round of drinks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in Palm DesertOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/24/2013The Bellatrix is in the Classic Club Golf Club. The dining room is elegant, quiet with very attentive service. Weather permitting it is lovely to sit on the terrace that overlooks the golf course and the mountains beyond. The food was excellent, service impeccible and we could have a conversation without shouting! They also have many special events during the "season" such as wine tastings, October Fest, prime rib Thursdays, all of which are great for locals as well as out of towners.Special Features:
- Elegant dining at reasonable pricesJavajudiVIPDined on 9/16/2013This is one of favorites and I love to take people there that aren't familiar with it. Everyone loves it as the food is great and the ambiance is fabulous. Views from the balcony overlooking the golf course is stunning but the interior of Bellatrix is also beautiful with its richly polished woods, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2013We went to the restaurant for their all you can eat prime rib for $19.95. It included soup or salad, loaded baked potato, green beans, and desert. We had a group of 8 and it was very comfortable, food was great, and service was very good. I heard their all you can eat fish and chips is also good on Friday evening. Both of these specials are temporary. Great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our dinning expreience washoudiniDined on 9/12/2013Our dinning expreience was exceptional, Not our first time at the Classic but the prim rib dinner that was served to us was a true dinning pleasure. Both of us left with a desire to come back soon.Special Features:
- All you can eat Prime Rib ThursdaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2013The best prime rib anywhere and such a bargain price. The service is impeccable and really friendly. We have taken friends there three weeks in a row and every time was a winner. A bib on the noisy side when the place is full but that shouldn't stop anyone from trying this. A very elegant setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food! the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2013great food! the restaurant let us choose from their regular menu since it was a birthday celebration dinner and we wanted something nicer than the all-you-can-eat-special that they had that night (although I'm sure it was delicious - a prime rib dinner!); the hostess was VERY gracious and handled our special request with easeSpecial Features:
- Very good food. DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/2/2013Very good food. Disappointed that there was not a full pre/fix menu as advertised. The full menu was short. The fishfry was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guys Night OutJimmyDined on 8/1/2013Their $20 all-you-can -eat prime rib three course dinner is an excellent value. We were five men who go out to dinner every Thursday evening. We try to go to a different restaurant every week, but this was our second trip to Bellatrix.Special Features:
- BEST VALUE IN TOWNRAYMONDVIPDined on 7/26/2013Undoubtedly the best quality food for your money and best value for any occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although the restaurant isguitarichVIPDined on 7/14/2013Although the restaurant is very slow this time of year, our experience was wonderful. It was our first time there and we will definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome views and fabulous food!!JavajudiVIPDined on 7/11/2013This is one of my favorite "go to" places in the desert. It has very elegant ambiance, fabulous views, great food and wonderful service! I have never been disappointed with anything I've ordered there and I have come for Lunch, Happy Hour, Dinner and Special Occasion Events. I was afraid when Rattlesnake Café left that it wouldn't be as good but it is even better without the snobby atmosphere and high prices. .... and it's open all year instead of just seasonally! Try it, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fabulousEllieLVIPDined on 6/29/2013We love to dine at Bellatrix either after golf or as a destination. Good is outstanding and the service is the best. Dessert was particularly delicious. It was a perfect experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are so happy we discoveredCBobDined on 6/4/2013We are so happy we discovered Bellatrix - so near to our home. It was restaurant Week that prompted us to go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekChowHoundVIPDined on 6/4/2013We went for the first time during restaurant week. The food was great, as was the service.
- Very much enjoyed our visitDebraDined on 6/4/2013Very much enjoyed our visit to Bellatrix. Eight of us went as a part of Restaurant Week and we all thought it was a beautiful restaurant and the food was very good. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2013Easy access for those of us who live in Sun City Palm Desert. Not my first visit, but enjoyed showing it off to a relative from LA area. The salmon offered on the restaurant week special was outstanding and done just to my liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't beat the view!VickiZDined on 5/31/2013We had dinner with friends on the patio overlooking the Classic Club golf course. Very serene and beautiful. We will definitely be back, for lunch, happy hour and dinner. Their special Restaurant Week menu is wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Shining Star....Di2DineDined on 5/30/20134 of us went, 4 of us Loved what we had. The View's just beautiful, made us feel as if we were on Vacation..... Only sad remark....there was only one other table occupied. Looking forward to eating my way through the menu...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingEllieLVIPDined on 5/24/2013Fabulous food in a wonderful setting with a great staff... A wonderful place to take friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindEastCoastGirlDined on 5/12/2013I will keep it short & sweet..Excellent Staff especially Brittany & Christina! Food Fantastic, Cooks working Mother's Day Brunch couldn't be any nicer or more helpful. And can Cook:) the view is Actually Unbelievable to Me, it's that Serene..I will be back & will recommend. Thank You Bellatrix Staff for helping make My Moms' Day..an Enjoyable one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Mother's Day Brunch!JavajudiVIPDined on 5/12/2013My friend and I enjoyed a most delightful Mother's Day Brunch in a lovely room with a fabulous view! The food was beautifully displayed and the servings were generous. I love my desserts and was pleased to see they were doing Cherries Jubilee along with a selection of cakes. I was disappointed that there wasn't a nicer selection of desserts . I, like many others, am trying to watch my weight and would have loved to have seen a sugar free meringue of some kind or ???? All in all it was very nice and I loved being presented with the rose as I came in.Special Features:
- We definitely will be back.enjoylifeDined on 5/2/2013We definitely will be back. It is a relaxing room with beautiful scenery. Too warm to sit out but have done it in our cooler weather. The staff in the dining room are very attentive, friendly and there is never a feeling of being rushed. Bellatrix is an asset to Palm Desert and the surrounding communities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bellatrix is a beautiful venue,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2013Bellatrix is a beautiful venue, perfect for any dining or entertaining event. The view on the balcony is lovely at sunset.Special Features:
- I planned a Ladies' BirthdayNancyDined on 4/13/2013I planned a Ladies' Birthday Luncheon not realizing that they don't use the fancy dining room until evening. Lunch is basically served in the bar and on the patio. Most people had on golfing attire for that time of day. They made an exception for us and let us sit in the Dining Room. They were gracious in helping us accommodate the five extra people that came bringing us to a total of fourteen. Our Servers were calm and polite and efficient. Our food was delicious. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Best in areaRAYMONDVIPDined on 4/11/2013Very good quality food, very good service, very good ambiance, very good and genuine management, very good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dine!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/9/2013Had a very enjoyable lunch with out of town guests-food & service were great!Special Features:
- Loved it!Blessed5xDined on 4/6/2013We really enjoyed our view of the mountains...even though it was too windy to take a walk around the grounds like we had planned to do. We had a group of 8 and everyone enjoyed their meals very much. Chef was very accommodating to my vegetarian preference. We all ordered a different dessert and they were all good. Our server Rhonda was very attentive and helpful. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Always delightful...superbOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/6/2013Always delightful...superb food...great menu selections...and courteous, attentive service!Special Features: