75-200 Classic Club Blvd
Palm Desert, CA 92211Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bellatrixrestaurantpalmdesert.com/
- Phone: (760) 601-3690
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday thru Thursday 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday thru Thursday - 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gerard Brunett
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Coming Soon
- Private Party Contact: Christine Fahey-Paxton (760)601-3603x
- Cross Street: Varner / Cook St. Exit
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We are located at 75-200 Classic Club Blvd, Palm Desert, CA 92211. Directions are as follows:
From 10 East Fwy - Exit Cook Street Exit, Left on Cook Street, Right on Varner, Left on Classic Club Blvd.
From 10 West Fwy - Exit Cook Street Exit, Right on Cook Street, Right on Varner, Left on Classic Club Blvd.
We are located directly inside the Classic Club Golf Clubhouse, host site of the 2006, 2007, and 2008 Bob Hope Chrysler Classic.
A word from Bellatrix
Entertain your guests in style in our elegant Bellatrix Restaurant dining room for dinner under the stars or lunch overlooking our nationally recognized championship course designed by Arnold Palmer and a host site of the 2006, 2007, and 2008 Bob Hope Chrysler Classic. Visit with us at our Bellatrix Wine Bar featuring a selection of over 100 wines by the bottle and over 30 wines by the glass along with full service bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bellatrix - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Bellatrix reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (18)great for outdoor dining (17)fit for foodies (16)special occasion (13)neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (10)great for lunch (10)notable wine list (7)romantic (7)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014sorry to say , our party of four was very disappointed in the food. Your menu is very limited, my husband chicken was very dry and very small amount, not enough food for a normal man. your prices are high for the quality of food.
- Nice eveningDarcyDined on 10/31/2014Try to go before the sun sets so you can take in the entire view. We got there after dark and had the waterfall but wished we could see further. Service was good, she allowed us to take our time before we ordered. Grouper was great, the carrots with the filet were still too raw. The Caesar salad with just ok. Will go back for happy hour and to golf in the future. They have a locals special price for golf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RAYMONDVIPDined on 10/16/2014Good value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went to the restaurant dideJoycesnDined on 9/27/2014Great device, nice menu. Ambience is nice. Not loud. They're in the middle of redecorating but it did not interfere with our evening. We recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best deal in townjamesVIPDined on 9/25/2014This visit was our second for the Thursdays Prim Rib Special and the three of us were extremely pleased. Perfectly seasoned and at least 12 oz. We will be back. The view on the patio was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anonVIPDined on 9/7/2014The food and service were excellent! We definitely enjoyed our time there.Special Features:
- Best kept secretPRREPDined on 9/6/2014The service was awesome, the food was spectacular.....the filet mignon was probably the best i have ever had!Special Features:
- Thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Had a wonderful anniversary here. Will be back soon!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodLoriandGrecoDined on 8/14/2014Great food, would definitely go again. Prices were higher than the atmosphere warranted, but I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our FavoritesdeputydogDined on 8/13/2014The service and food are outstanfing. The menu offers a wine range of choices, all reasonably priced. You have the option of dining indoors or outdoors. the indoor dining room is elegant and outdoors, the view of the golf course and waterfall is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great2fordinnerDined on 7/31/2014As always thoroughly enjoyed dinner. Had their Thursday summer special of prime rib. All three courses were excellent. Dessert of apple strudel was something unique and tasty.Special Features:
- The following 184 reviews are from the Bellatrix reviews archive.
- Great restaurant experiencedwrizziDined on 6/27/2014We decided to go to Bellatrix for our wedding anniversary and were very glad we did. The staff at all levels is very friendly and attentive. The food was excellent. My filet was cooked to perfection. The manager, herself, decorated the desert plate with Happy Anniversary in chocolate and caramel. Mmmmmm! We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveninggoodtimeVIPDined on 6/27/2014Celebrating an anniversary and was surprised with a bottle of champagne for the tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continue to enjoycaseysmomVIPDined on 6/26/2014Have been back multipole times and continue to enjoy this restaurant. My one concern is that when one orders the prime rib special which is suppose to be "all you can eat" the waitress should come back and ask if you would like another piece and not just assume you are not interested. I waited so long for them to return to ask that i was not interested at that point although I was 10 minutes earleir... the rest of the part had already finsihed eating!Special Features:
- Really good!LuvfoodDined on 6/19/2014Ate here for Thursday prime rib night. Food was really good. Will be definitely coming again. Great prices for the summer. $19.95 for potato, prime rib, salad, vegetable and dessert. They also had nice wines for very good per glass prices.Special Features:
- We will be back!BobJVIPDined on 6/13/2014It was our first visit... we were celebrating our anniversary. We were greeted with a complimentary glass of champagne which was very special. The service was outstanding and the entire staff couldn't of been more friendly. The setting is elegant yet it makes for a relaxed feel. The wine list is outstanding. We will definitely be back…Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/7/2014This was by far the best meal we experienced during the annual Restaurant Week this year. The ambiance of the room was wonderful. Our server, Natalie, was attentive. The plate was so beautiful, I couldn't resist taking a picture of it before I demolished it! Very creative and pleasing to the eye, as well as deliciously tasty! And, then the dessert...I keep thinking about it...cinnamon donut cake with a dollop of cinnamon ice cream! Oh my gosh...to die for...and, I'm usually a chocolate lover! Beautiful, scrumptious choice for your dining pleasure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- golf course country club atmospherePamelaDined on 6/5/2014restaurant week menu was very nice and we thoroughly enjoyed our choices. service was not great since we sat outside for the beautiful view of the mountains and golf course. not great menu choices for kids though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemdesertdoveDined on 6/3/2014Visited during Restaurant Week. Great menu selection for a fabulous price. Ordered the Short Ribs over fresh corn Risotto - delicious. The Bar was busy with Happy Hour guests. Lovely views of the golf course from the dining room. This place deserves more diners.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014Presentation, taste and quantity was excellent. The service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great bithday dinnerScooter4Dined on 5/28/2014We had dinner on the outdoor terrace. The view of the greens and mountains was wonderful , particularly at sunset. The outdoor area was peaceful and quiet. The noise level in the interior area was quite high and I am glad that we chose to eat on the terrace. The service was great and the dinner, bar service and wine list were all great. It was my first visit to this nearby restaurant which surprised me with its beautiful interior area and surroundings.Special Features:
- Great food and courteous serviceThefoodieinmeVIPDined on 5/24/2014WOW! What great food and fantastic service. This club in a not for profit club and they have a great selection for dinner, happy-hour, and lunch. Plus, if you like wine, they serve many wine choices by the glass in different oz. pours. Plus, they are great prices! We ate here last night and greatly enjoyed the prime NY strip steak, the Bellatrix salad, and the scallops appetizer! All were fantastic! This is a hidden gem in the desert. Great service as always too! Thanks! Will definitely come back again and again! :)Special Features:
- Foster the Banana4MommasDayDined on 5/11/2014"Mother's Day Brunch" Cute hostess - 2 checks. Cute servers - check. All staff was very friendly. Watching the bananas foster chef was entertaining. There is a great selection of food and everything tasted fresh. I was told and have now tasted the excellent prime rib. I attended Wally's Desert Turtle for Mother's Day last year, and Bellatrix was better and less expensive. The views are nice since this is off of the Classic Club golf course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousEatingOutDined on 5/9/2014The first time dining at Bellatrix. The staff made our Mother's Day celebration dinner a memorable one! The food was delicious. We had the Fish & Chips (Thank you, Ruan). Patio seating, breathtaking. Service, timely. Staff, cheerful. We will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!SeattleGrandmaDined on 5/6/2014We had a great evening enjoying their fantastic 3-course special for $37. Appetizer, Entree and Dessert. I had the Scallop raviol for the appetizer...fantatic...this wasn't Raviolo but Scallops with mushroom and tomatoes...Yummy. Also had the Veal Porterhouse and it was great. Dessert..the donut, freshly made with Carmel Sorbet. I was full for sure. Not sure that the Shrimp cocktail was fresh shrimp but frozen...lacked taste my husband said. The brussel sprouts were over grilled . The service was wonderful and we probably will return.
- Classic Service aproposWWCIIDined on 5/3/2014Kudos to our server Ms. Tabitha for making our experience delightful. Was my first visit to Bellatrix and thanks to Ms. Tabitha & the staff of The Classic Club / Bellatrix look forward to a return visit sooner rather than later. The Italian panini I ordered was flavorful and the classic Caesar salad with anchovy a classy Ol' school touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectEnjoylifeDined on 5/1/2014Evening on the patio was perfect. 3 of us got the fixed price, 1 got a cheeseburger. Everyone was very satisfied. Steaks were perfect & burger delicious. Appetizers & dessert very good. This restaurant can cater to everyone. No complaints at all!Special Features:
- deputydogDined on 4/19/2014I requested a piece of cheesecake for my wife's birthday, it never arrivedSpecial Features:
- What a surprise!IdahoanDined on 4/3/2014Totally recommended by Open Table, this restaurant and it's story, crew and food were a find! We had a group of 6 business folks staying nearby and I found this restaurant on Open Table. We were late, our group was smaller than planned and after the staff had resized the table, we asked to sit outside. They handled it all with a smile. We were surprised and delighted at the menu and the 3 for 37.00 but mostly how good all the food was. Each course was delicious! I personally loved the non pretentious menu descriptions- really great food, simply described and delicious to eat. The wine knowledge from the manager was above all and some of the best recommendations ever to date! And the prices were outstanding on the wine. We will be back.Special Features:
- Prime rib dinnermeiserDined on 3/27/2014Great Value glad to see more people enjoying the meal. Wonderful staff.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationModiDined on 3/21/2014We had a very enjoyable time at Bellatrix Restaurant celebrating our friend's 60th birthday! Reasonable prices when ordering the Appys, entree and dessert altogether. Service was efficient! Surroundings very pleasant! Will return to Bellatrix again......actually for lunch with girlfriends on Monday!Special Features:
- great for any mealPSMCDined on 3/15/2014Service was GREAT and the food very good. Was not a busy night to celebrate my husband's birthday. Wine very affordable and suggested by server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful nightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/14/2014We are a Dining Card Group and couldn't havbeen more pleased. As you can see with all I checked everything was excellent. The fish dishes are very creative. Everything is beautifully presented. The steak was tender and cooked to perfection. I had a Pinot Noir and it was also excellent. The service was attentive and we appreciated the chef coming by as well. They graciously accepted our dining cards. It was the first time some members of my group had been there and they are looking forward to their next visit. One more thing that really impressed me is their willingness to substitute about anything on the menu with other choices. It is now among my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/7/2014Overall the food and wine were excellent. I plan on returning as I liked the food and the ambiance. And the fact that the restaurant had $37 dinner specials.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the Prime Rib nightMISSPIGGYDined on 3/6/2014We enjoyed the Prime Rib night very much. We will return. Good food, Good valueSpecial Features:
- Good foodFantasticVIPDined on 3/1/2014We have always loved their food but the service is hit and miss. Our server was very impersonal (maybe a language barrier). She did not really know the specials and she seemed even less knowledgeable about the wine. We will return but really just for the food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant, not so sure about food...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014The staff were very attentive and helpful. The view was nice. The bar was very busy (and loud) during happy hour. The lunch was bland: great fries, but chicken sandwich needed something else (tasted bland). I might try it again.Special Features:
- I was so disappointed. servicerussDined on 2/15/2014I was so disappointed. service was poor, food just ok. would not return.....
- Valentines DayBobwith1oDined on 2/14/2014Very nice preplanned menu. Went there last year too and loved it. Upscale decor. Price was OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service & wineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2014With every visit I am impressed with the outstanding service, attention to details and the wine list options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.