Bellamy's Restaurant and Wine Bar
417 W Grand Ave
Escondido, CA 92025Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Bellamy's Restaurant and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bellamysdining.com/
- Phone: 7607475000x
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Room Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Lounge Lunch - Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
Friday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday - Saturday from 3:00pm - 7:00pm
(50% Off the Bar Menu & $1 Off All Drinks)
Live Music Monday-Saturday from 5pm-Close
See Our Website For Nightly Lounge Specials
Dining Room Hours: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French
- Executive Chef: Jonathan freyberg, Corporate Chef: Patrick Ponsaty
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bellamy's offers private in home catering for any occasion. Call or e-mail Kyle for more details, email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room available for 20-30 people, as well as whole restaurant buy-outs available. Call or e-mail Kyle for more information, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Contact: Kyle Charest 7607475000x
- Entertainment: Live Music Monday- Saturday from 5pm-Close.
- Special Events: Private dining room available for 20-30 people. For larger parties please call or e-mail Kyle for additional information, email@example.com. Whole restaurant buy-outs available.
A word from Bellamy's Restaurant and Wine Bar
Bellamy’s Restaurant offers California Modern Cuisine with French influences. We offer a dining experience serving the most robust flavors of every season. Here at Bellamy’s we pride ourselves on great food accompanied with great service. Owner, Gianina Pickens comes from a long line of restaurateurs. French Master Chef Patrick Ponsaty has transformed dining in North County, reigniting the modern dining scene. Our guests’ are assured a wonderful dining experience from start to finish with distinguished service keeping them coming back for more and spreading the word.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bellamy's Restaurant and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Escondido ›
Bellamy's Restaurant and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (48)special occasion (40)neighborhood gem (38)romantic (33)notable wine list (23)great for lunch (17)vibrant bar scene (12)good for groups (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Love great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Great food, great service, friendly staff, not stuffy. We enjoy going to Bellamy's for a special location and also meet friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really wanted to like it betterDisappointedDined on 10/18/2014Bellamy's is good...for Escondido. Transport it to the coast, and it wouldn't stand up to the comparisons. The food was quite good, but not great. Overly liberal use of rosemary on lamb and truffle oil on the pomme frites killed our palates for the subtleties of what was otherwise good quality food. The server was enthusiastic, but not polished, or fully trained. There were 4 of us, celebrating a birthday. Our server claimed the kitchen had no candles for the birthday dessert, although the table next to us got a candle for theirs. It might not have mattered as much if we hadn't known the people at the next table. All evening their experience was better across the board than ours, all for want of a different server.
- Chef Patrick continues to deliverHowcrabDined on 10/17/2014Chef Patrick Ponsaty's touch is all over the menu at Bellamy's - mushroom ravioli, lobster bisque were favorites at his last kitchen - Mistral at the Loews Coronado Bay Hotel. Unusual offerings reflect his adventurous menu - Escargots (an old family recipe), Skate wing in a delicious broth, Monkfish with chorizo, braised veal cheeks. Everything we've tasted (this is our second visit) has been superb, including the desserts.Special Features:
- Good Local SpotWaldoVIPDined on 10/15/2014The food was good, but i wouldn't put Bellamy's on a must go list unless you live in Escondido. Ordered the lamb special. Tender, but much to much sauce killed a lot of the flavor from the meat. Two salads, two entrees, bottled water should not be $120 before tip. On the plus side, if you want a nice restaurant in which you can actually have a conversation this is the place.Special Features:
- It's Better at Bellamy'sdinewithdianeDined on 10/7/2014Escondido's Grand Avenue has seen many restaurants come and go - let's hope Bellamy's never closes! Always good food and an interesting menu - often enjoy their specials - and service is usually top notch. Not quite as good as it could be on my last visit but it would never keep me away. As a matter of fact the waiter remembered me and had a warm greeting. Especially nice for lunch with friends when you would like to visit - a quiet atmosphere even when there are lots of other diners. It is number 2 on my lovely dining list!Special Features:
- Saturday's dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014Food was fantastic second time for dinner in the last three month new menu with delicious choices.Special Features:
- Energetic?RaymonVIPDined on 10/4/2014I guess the noise level could be described as energetic. To me it was deafening, probably mostly my problem. I wear hearing aids and background noise gets amplified as well. That said, one reason we like French restaurants generally, besides the usually great food, is that they are very quiet. To some that would be boring I guess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!PickyDined on 10/3/2014Spectacular! The food, dessert, & service was perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dkon't Miss Bellamy'sdinewithdianeDined on 9/29/2014Head to Escondido for a lovely treat! Bellamy's is a great restaurant - menu top notch - service terrific - lively bar scene at night. Every dish I have tried has been wonderful. Quiet - you can actually talk to your dining partner - but not stuffy. Had a group dinner in back room - thought the service would be lacking - wrong! Service was great and an interesting menu. Kudos to the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bellamys' - A gem in EscondidoMizgandaDined on 9/27/2014We are locals from Escondido and we are happy and proud to have another great restaurant in our city. Bellamy's is not just great it's a true gem for foodies, special occasions, romantic (live piano player). The master chef has created a wonderful menu that has a strong French influence. We were served some amuse bouche courtesy of the chef and wow - it did tickle our palette!! The escargot served inside a ravioli instead of the traditional escargot in a shell was superb! We also had some hamachi appetizer, fresh organic green salad, and our main entrees of salmon, black cod and duck, deserts of homemade sorbet and white chocolate mouse - all were amazing! Even the cocktail drink of "What thyme is it?" was deliciously great!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceDanielDined on 9/27/2014My partner and I really enjoyed our experience at this gem before the theater. Everything from the smart craft cocktails to the coffee was perfect. The food was delicious and the service was very good. We will definitly be returning next time were in Escondido.Special Features:
- Delicous But PriceyElizajord1VIPDined on 9/26/2014I'm all about a great meal, and paying for great quality and this place is great quality! The food was absolutely delicious. We had pork belly (the best thing) and shrimp skewers, and the fish special served on a bed of lobster risotto. Portions seem very small for what you pay, but we did leave satisfied after sharing a dessert and coffee. Everything was lovey, however, I think it's a little over priced considering it doesn't have an ocean view and it's in the heart of Escondido. The rent shouldn't be as high there so I felt a bit gouged. The decor was very dated, it felt kind of like 1997-2002 era, and there was a older crowd there, I'm sure because the price and portion size. If you want great food, and money is of no object, go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceEatPrayTalkDined on 9/13/2014It's always a treat to discover a "new" place and have it live up to expectations. Bellamy's did not disappoint. The interior is spotless and attractive, though it has a slight feeling of being impersonal. The food was mostly very good to excellent. I would suggest that they get some feedback on their salad dressing as I found it to be without flavor. The service was attentive, polite and anticipatory. Who could ask for more. There was a gentleman in a suit who greeted us but he did not introduce himself - so we never knew his exact roll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful lunch specials!GaleVIPDined on 9/11/2014The servers here are the best and the service to the highest standard...."even" at lunch. The courses always arrive simultaneously no matter how many at a table. The food is beautifully plated. I really feel as if I've given my guests a little respite rather than just inviting them to lunch. The menu had a nice variety of luncheon appropriate items of salads, sandwiches and so on but the lunch specials are amazing; daily risotto, daily fresh pasta, special fish. Short of sitting on a cliff overlooking a beach and enjoying the breeze I don't think Bellamy's can be beat for lunch.Special Features:
- Yum!RobDDined on 9/9/2014Had supper there last Wednesday evening. The off menu seared Ahi was wonderful. Outstandingly fresh, perfectly seared, over a bed of thinly sliced veges and baby white potatoes with a white reduction sauce. The house Sauvignon Blanc paired nicely and the toasted Coconut Crème Brule is to die for. Excellent meal.Special Features:
- BDreviewsDined on 9/8/2014We have been here several times since the restaurant went from Tango to Bellamy's. We have not been disappointed.Special Features:
- Always EnjoyableluvgoodfoodDined on 9/6/2014I have been here twice and the food has ben excellent. Had the pork cheek thus last time and scallops the first. Both were delicious! Service is friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014We were looking for a good place to celebrate our 28th anniversary, read the reviews on Bellamy's and decided to give it a try. They did not disappoint. Nice romantic atmosphere, excellent service, great wine, and amazing food. We live in Orange County but will definitely make the drive back down for future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing fine dining in San DiegoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Major kudos to the Chef!! The food that I have had before was prepared so tastfully that I did not hesitate to expand my pallet and try types of food that I would never had tried anywhere else. Simply Amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ladies who lunch yet againlyndaDined on 9/3/2014Bellamy's is consistently fabulous! The place to go whenever you are in Escondido...Special Features:
- Fabulous food and ambienceLauraDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant always has specials and food you may not necessarily encounter elsewhere. My husband had an appetizer risotto with truffles. He tried it because he felt like he may not have that opportunity again. We also had watermelon gherkins in our salad, something we have never eaten. We love going to,this place!Special Features:
- First time visit for lunchMaryDined on 8/28/2014The decor was okay. Tables were plain, no flowers, one tiny candle. The food was good but the service was fair. They were busy but the service was not what I would expect to go with the reviews I have seen. Not that friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite restaurantsRBdinerDined on 8/27/2014This is a quiet, intimate restaurant with great food and friendly, prompt, yet unintrusive servers. Oh, and good wines. You can't ask for more in my opinion.Special Features:
- Saturday date nightdinergailDined on 8/23/2014This was our second visit to Bellamy's and we had a wonderful dinner. The chilled porcini mushroom soup was exceptional and I admit to mopping up the last bits in the bowl with the wonderful crusty bread. Our server Xavier was spot-on in his recommendations and knowledge of the menu and wine list. A very, very nice evening. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ecellent experienceHungryVIPDined on 8/22/2014What a nice experience, we really enjoy the chefs creations. Bring back the Pork...I know I know there are other pork dishes but when one masters something its nice to share. The service and staff are great and the Hostess is always accomidating and nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Specialbirthdaygirl1Dined on 8/21/2014Three of our group of four have birthdays in August and we try to pick a special restaurant each year for lunch. This year's pick was definitely special. The service and food were truly excellent. We all not only enjoyed our meals, but want to come back to try the lounge and dinner menus. I think the only thing negative we could say about the restaurant was finding places to park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!LauraDined on 8/11/2014We have eaten at Bellamys several times and it never disappoints. The ambiance is spectacular and the service is outstanding. On our last visit, we were seated in the booth which I have seen used for special occasions. The food is not cheap but worth every penny. The salads taste as though the ingredients were just picked from the garden. This is a great place for a special celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Kept SecretOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Chef Patrick brings the whole package of European dining to North County - great food, wine, and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rudysmomDined on 8/7/2014This is a wonderful lunch venue in the heart of downtown Escondido. The menu is great, proportions are good and the service is superb. A great place for a lunch or special occasion!Special Features:
- Always Great.GL2013Dined on 8/1/2014I had the Black Cod and it was great. The only low point was when we learned their Ice Cream Machine was broken. I was looking forward to a dish of home made Blood Orange Sorbet. Next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bellamy's DinnerBluestriderDined on 8/1/2014I had heard from friends how great Bellamy's was. They were right. Bellamy sources local fresh ingredients and create beautiful and delicious food. the Porcini Mushroom Ravioli is a standout. The raw Hamachi served on fresh yellow nectarines was gorgeous art and scrumptious . Every dish we had was wonderful. The service was friendly and paced perfectly. I will be back. I wish it were closer to where I live but I will happily make the drive again.Special Features:
- What a GREAT idea!!GaleVIPDined on 7/26/2014Tried an app from the regular menu; escargot agnolotti!! The chef invented it! Garlic butter snails in a pasta envelope...another step in the evolution of escargot from those miserable shells, to naked in indentations, to mushroom caps to....ta da... pasta! Absolutely worh a trySpecial Features:
- newneighborDined on 7/22/2014Bellamy's was very nice. At first, the front door experience does not give it justice. There are messy chairs and nothing attractive that really invites you. The ambience inside is rather plain. All of this is minor, however, as the food and service were excellent. Our waiter, Xavier, was especially attentive. This was my first experience, as I have just moved to EscondidoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome personnelJM49Dined on 7/19/2014We had arrived at the restaurant on time but our table was not available, so the maître d' apologized and directed us to the bar area and told us that our drinks were on the "house" . We were flattered by this gesture. Upon being seated at our table our waiter congratulated us on our anniversary which we didn't expect. It is this attention to details that make for a memorable dining experience. The food was awesome, in particular the Lacquered Salmons itch artichoke gnocchi and pesto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rebecca40VIPDined on 7/12/2014We went with friends...all 4 of us enjoyed it! Very lively dining room, great service. The Sea Bass was perfect, but one person felt his chicken dish was disappointing. We will return...always something new to try.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL EVENINGDowntownGirlVIPDined on 7/11/20142 of my friends had dined at Bellamy's previously and enjoyed it so much that they wanted to return for their mutual birthdays. The dishes were excellent and imaginative in their creation. A nicely varied wine list was also appreciated. The restaurant was very hospitable in providing 2 free birthday desserts which were greatly appreciated (and delicious). Very refreshing to see this part of north county establishining finer dining venues.Special Features:
- Still a hit!DinaDined on 7/10/2014Wow this is our 3rd time having dinner at Bellamy's. We go there for special occasions. My husband, my friend and I (it was her's and my birthday). She owns a restaurant and was WOW'd by our dining experience. Husband ordered the Rib Eye, our guest had Black Cod and I had the Pigs Cheeks. None of us were disappointed.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Bellamy's this week and had a fabulous dinner. We are both "foodies" and can prepare restaurant quality meals at home, so we rarely go out to eat because we are often disappointed. This was not the case with Bellamy's. The menu was so diverse and unique that we both found many dishes we wanted to try and were not disappointed with any of them. The complimentary dessert for our anniversary celebration was a classy touch as well. Thank you. We will be back, for sure!Special Features:
- Loved that duck!kathe90035VIPDined on 6/28/2014We had a wonderful time. It is pricey, but well worth it. Wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscalemac1Dined on 6/28/2014Cocktail lounge, whether having a cocktail before entering dining room or enjoying bar menu, a relaxing experience. Added bonus is the piano music. Warmly greeted by staff upon entering dining room which is nicely decorated. Tables along wall are close to each other hearing each others conversations. Recommend table for two by window, corner table or table in middle. Menu has nice selection and changes seasonal as well. Food delicious but not outstanding or leave you craving for more. Nice selection of varied price wines. Wait staff as well as Trevor outstanding. $$$ to $$$$Special Features: