Bellamy's Restaurant and Wine Bar
417 W Grand Ave
Escondido, CA 92025Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Bellamy's Restaurant and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bellamysdining.com/
- Phone: 7607475000x
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Room Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Lounge Lunch - Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
Friday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday - Saturday from 3:00pm - 7:00pm
(50% Off the Bar Menu & $1 Off All Drinks)
Live Music Monday-Saturday from 5pm-Close
See Our Website For Nightly Lounge Specials
Dining Room Hours: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mike Reidy, Corporate Chef: Patrick Ponsaty
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bellamy's offers private in home catering for any occasion. Call or e-mail Kyle for more details, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room available for 20-30 people, as well as whole restaurant buy-outs available. Call or e-mail Kyle for more information, email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: Kyle Charest 7607475000x
- Entertainment: Live Music Monday- Saturday from 5pm-Close.
- Special Events: Private dining room available for 20-30 people. For larger parties please call or e-mail Kyle for additional information, firstname.lastname@example.org. Whole restaurant buy-outs available.
A word from Bellamy's Restaurant and Wine Bar
Bellamy’s Restaurant offers California Modern Cuisine with French influences. We offer a dining experience serving the most robust flavors of every season. Here at Bellamy’s we pride ourselves on great food accompanied with great service. Owner, Gianina Pickens comes from a long line of restaurateurs. French Master Chef Patrick Ponsaty has transformed dining in North County, reigniting the modern dining scene. Our guests’ are assured a wonderful dining experience from start to finish with distinguished service keeping them coming back for more and spreading the word.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bellamy's Restaurant and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Escondido ›
Bellamy's Restaurant and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (52)special occasion (43)neighborhood gem (36)romantic (33)notable wine list (20)great for lunch (14)great for brunch (6)good for groups (6)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- First time visit for lunchMaryDined on 8/28/2014The decor was okay. Tables were plain, no flowers, one tiny candle. The food was good but the service was fair. They were busy but the service was not what I would expect to go with the reviews I have seen. Not that friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite restaurantsRBdinerDined on 8/27/2014This is a quiet, intimate restaurant with great food and friendly, prompt, yet unintrusive servers. Oh, and good wines. You can't ask for more in my opinion.Special Features:
- Saturday date nightdinergailDined on 8/23/2014This was our second visit to Bellamy's and we had a wonderful dinner. The chilled porcini mushroom soup was exceptional and I admit to mopping up the last bits in the bowl with the wonderful crusty bread. Our server Xavier was spot-on in his recommendations and knowledge of the menu and wine list. A very, very nice evening. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Specialbirthdaygirl1Dined on 8/21/2014Three of our group of four have birthdays in August and we try to pick a special restaurant each year for lunch. This year's pick was definitely special. The service and food were truly excellent. We all not only enjoyed our meals, but want to come back to try the lounge and dinner menus. I think the only thing negative we could say about the restaurant was finding places to park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!LauraDined on 8/11/2014We have eaten at Bellamys several times and it never disappoints. The ambiance is spectacular and the service is outstanding. On our last visit, we were seated in the booth which I have seen used for special occasions. The food is not cheap but worth every penny. The salads taste as though the ingredients were just picked from the garden. This is a great place for a special celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Kept SecretOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Chef Patrick brings the whole package of European dining to North County - great food, wine, and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rudysmomDined on 8/7/2014This is a wonderful lunch venue in the heart of downtown Escondido. The menu is great, proportions are good and the service is superb. A great place for a lunch or special occasion!Special Features:
- Always Great.GL2013Dined on 8/1/2014I had the Black Cod and it was great. The only low point was when we learned their Ice Cream Machine was broken. I was looking forward to a dish of home made Blood Orange Sorbet. Next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bellamy's DinnerBluestriderDined on 8/1/2014I had heard from friends how great Bellamy's was. They were right. Bellamy sources local fresh ingredients and create beautiful and delicious food. the Porcini Mushroom Ravioli is a standout. The raw Hamachi served on fresh yellow nectarines was gorgeous art and scrumptious . Every dish we had was wonderful. The service was friendly and paced perfectly. I will be back. I wish it were closer to where I live but I will happily make the drive again.Special Features:
- What a GREAT idea!!GaleVIPDined on 7/26/2014Tried an app from the regular menu; escargot agnolotti!! The chef invented it! Garlic butter snails in a pasta envelope...another step in the evolution of escargot from those miserable shells, to naked in indentations, to mushroom caps to....ta da... pasta! Absolutely worh a trySpecial Features:
- newneighborDined on 7/22/2014Bellamy's was very nice. At first, the front door experience does not give it justice. There are messy chairs and nothing attractive that really invites you. The ambience inside is rather plain. All of this is minor, however, as the food and service were excellent. Our waiter, Xavier, was especially attentive. This was my first experience, as I have just moved to EscondidoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome personnelJM49Dined on 7/19/2014We had arrived at the restaurant on time but our table was not available, so the maître d' apologized and directed us to the bar area and told us that our drinks were on the "house" . We were flattered by this gesture. Upon being seated at our table our waiter congratulated us on our anniversary which we didn't expect. It is this attention to details that make for a memorable dining experience. The food was awesome, in particular the Lacquered Salmons itch artichoke gnocchi and pesto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rebecca40VIPDined on 7/12/2014We went with friends...all 4 of us enjoyed it! Very lively dining room, great service. The Sea Bass was perfect, but one person felt his chicken dish was disappointing. We will return...always something new to try.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL EVENINGDowntownGirlVIPDined on 7/11/20142 of my friends had dined at Bellamy's previously and enjoyed it so much that they wanted to return for their mutual birthdays. The dishes were excellent and imaginative in their creation. A nicely varied wine list was also appreciated. The restaurant was very hospitable in providing 2 free birthday desserts which were greatly appreciated (and delicious). Very refreshing to see this part of north county establishining finer dining venues.Special Features:
- Still a hit!DinaDined on 7/10/2014Wow this is our 3rd time having dinner at Bellamy's. We go there for special occasions. My husband, my friend and I (it was her's and my birthday). She owns a restaurant and was WOW'd by our dining experience. Husband ordered the Rib Eye, our guest had Black Cod and I had the Pigs Cheeks. None of us were disappointed.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Bellamy's this week and had a fabulous dinner. We are both "foodies" and can prepare restaurant quality meals at home, so we rarely go out to eat because we are often disappointed. This was not the case with Bellamy's. The menu was so diverse and unique that we both found many dishes we wanted to try and were not disappointed with any of them. The complimentary dessert for our anniversary celebration was a classy touch as well. Thank you. We will be back, for sure!Special Features:
- Loved that duck!kathe90035VIPDined on 6/28/2014We had a wonderful time. It is pricey, but well worth it. Wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscalemac1Dined on 6/28/2014Cocktail lounge, whether having a cocktail before entering dining room or enjoying bar menu, a relaxing experience. Added bonus is the piano music. Warmly greeted by staff upon entering dining room which is nicely decorated. Tables along wall are close to each other hearing each others conversations. Recommend table for two by window, corner table or table in middle. Menu has nice selection and changes seasonal as well. Food delicious but not outstanding or leave you craving for more. Nice selection of varied price wines. Wait staff as well as Trevor outstanding. $$$ to $$$$Special Features:
- Excellent Food! Hit/Miss ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/27/2014Love, love the food. Great for foodies. Perfect portions for the price. Xavier is good waiter who's fun and just wants you to have a good time.Special Features:
- Awesome experiencetakaDined on 6/26/2014It was our first time dining at this restaurant and took a risk by taking my wife there for her birthday. The food was outstanding and the service was top-notch. Our waiter, Xavier, made sure that we both had a memorable night. It's been almost a week since we went there and my wife is still raving about Bellamy's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceFoody92008Dined on 6/24/2014My husband and I came here for our anniversary and we absolutely loved it. the food was exceptionally good, you really taste the French Michelin Chef behind the creations. We also loved our waiter, Xavier who made us feel very special and was very knowledgeable about the food and wine. We will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special Anniversary EveningSullivadDined on 6/21/2014The staff at Bellamy's made our anniversary evening special from the moment we walked in the door. Our waiter, Xavier, was appropriately attentive and his recommendations were spot on. We enjoyed two asparagus appetizers that could not have been more different, but were equally delicious. The presentation of both dishes was outstanding. For our entree we both chose the sea bass, but my wife requested some modifications to suit her taste. The promise that each dish is prepared individually was very much in evidence as we both enjoyed a wonderful meal. While the dessert list was tempting, we passed in exchange for moving on to the piano bar and being serenaded with some of our favorite music, completing a very special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parent's Night OutelectricbarbarellaDined on 6/20/2014We unexpectedly had the grandparents take our child for a beach day and then dinner so my husband and I actually had a night to themselves. We'd eaten there before and liked the food so we decided to go back for a quiet dinner alone. Service was attentive but intrusive and the food was amazing. We are lucky to have this restaurant in our own back yard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back againHungryVIPDined on 6/19/2014We are back again with another superb diner. We had an enjoyable evening, excellent food. Great flavors. We will be back.
- consistently deliciouslyndaDined on 6/17/2014Bellamy service is attentive, the food is gourmet and the signature dessert with 23 carat gold is to die for!!Special Features:
- A must if you love the creativelocalfoodieDined on 6/16/2014Booked a table for our wedding anniversary. Husband had read great reviews. We were not disappointed. Went on a Monday night, when the french master chef is not working--who could tell? The food was outstanding and creative. The presentation was wonderful. Comped us a spectacular dessert complete with anniversary wishes written on the plate! Will definitely go again!Special Features:
- Better than expectedHungryVIPDined on 6/16/2014My husband and I were very impressed with every aspect of the little restaurant. Top-notch service impeccable food. Every aspect of our service that evening was so wonderful that we will be back very soon to try more dishes. We started off with oysters champagne, followed by Seabass and a pork dish which was subline. We will be back very soon. Highly recommended this place to have an exceptional.Special Features:
- Great anniversary dinner!dinergailDined on 6/14/2014I had heard from several people in our community that this was a wonderful restaurant and it did not disappoint! My husband and I had a terrific dinner and desert to celebrate our 39th anniversary. The lamb shank was "melt in your mouth delicious" as were the Maine scallops which came in such a wonderful sauce I wanted to lick the plate! Kudos to the latest great restaurant on Grand Avenue in Escondido!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful early Father's Day dinnerlove2travel1VIPDined on 6/14/2014I had asked for a quiet table, so the hostess directed us to the dining room in the back. Our reservation was for 7 and the place was still not too busy, by 8 all the tables were filled and although it was busy, it was still fairly quiet and easy to converse. The salad we ordered to share, was very fresh with a very good dressing. The white asparagus appetizer we also shared was absolutely delicious. The pasta in the Shrimp and Pasta dish was wonderful. The salmon was delicious. We also did the 3 tastings of white wine which were came with very generous portions. Best of all was the waiter Xavier (sorry if not the correct spelling). He was very attentive, polite and funny at the same time. Thanks for the great dinner experience!!!Special Features:
- 3rd memorable meal in 2 weeks!EddietheEaterDined on 6/12/2014On her 3rd visit in 2 weeks, my wife enjoyed yet another seafood dish - magnificent scallops with delicious accompaniments - as well as her 3rd beet salad, beautifully arranged on a rectangular platter and delicious. The underlying "soil" was unusual and intriguing, and our gracious waiter Xavier shared the ingredients to replicate at home. We began with hot crusty sourdough rolls with a round of butter cleverly presented on a chilled stone, and shared two beautiful desserts to close the meal-the Basque fruit/custard pie and the house chocolate special of delicious layers in a petite mason jar.We so appreciated the warm reception on all 3 visits, and we look forward to our next visit to San Diego and our new favorite West Coast restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite restaurantRBdinerDined on 6/7/2014All four of us agreed we have a new favorite restaurant!. The person who recommended Bellamy's mentioned that the service was impeccable and she was right! The wait staff is friendly without being intrusive. The food was very good: inventive without being ridiculous. This small restaurant is very popular. Our reservations were early and, as the restaurant filled up, the noise level was a little uncomfortable. That would be my only criticism. We dined on a Saturday evening, so I would try it again mid-week for a quieter experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Wonderful We Went Right BackEddietheEaterDined on 6/5/2014There are hundreds, if not thousands, of really fine restaurants between LA and San Diego. Bellamy's is one of the best, lacking only a view of the Pacific or mountains. The food, the service, and ambiance more than make up for that. We had two items on both visits. The beet salad and a shared dessert. Ingredients at Bellamy's are based on what is fresh and delicious from local farmers, so the beet salad was different on the two evenings, but equally delicious both times. Our entrees, salmon, sea bass, sausage stuffed pork belly, and burgandy braised beef short ribs (an off menu special) we're all notable for their exquisite taste and artful presentation. The staff is notable for the genuine pleasure the get working there.Special Features:
- ExcellentbillVIPDined on 6/4/2014San Diego County doesn't have many French restaurants. My date and I loved our food. And she is a former chef.Special Features:
- Excellent food.KnickDined on 5/31/2014I almost never look up restaurants on-line or make reservations, but this time I did since it was our friend's birthday. We did not know the area but wanted somewhere special to go after an afternoon of opera arias. Bellamy's came highly recommended and was walking distance from the arts center. The food was excellent! We split a salad and soup and then each had an entree of sea food and then again split a dessert. We were all very happy with our choices. It was also not too noisy so we could carry on a conversation comfortably. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and great serviceXtofDined on 5/27/2014Personal touch from the master chef. Server know their menu by heart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch on a Tuesday for fourLaurieDined on 5/27/2014The dining room was very nice for lunch and set up just like it would be for an elegant dinner. I loved having butter knives on our butter plates. Nice warm dinner rolls too. The food was exceptional. The chef even made a special entree for me of scallops and squid ink risotto that wasn't on the menu. The service was perfect. We can't wait to go back for dinner some night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still excellent7777VIPDined on 5/23/2014We returned to celebrate my wife's birthday, since Mother's Day brunch was such a positive experience. Not disappointed. Xavier was our very amiable and efficient server on both occasions. Appetizers were the first perfectly prepared soft-shelled crab we have had on this coast and the chicken liver mousse was so artistically presented I hated to eat it, but it tasted as good as it looked. Main courses were also attractively presented and delicious - sea bass and duck breast, both cooked and seasoned to perfection. Our comments led to a table side visit and chat with Executive Chef Mike Reidy, and we learned that he trained back in Vermont, in the same area we lived before retiring to CA. Definitely looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- Astoundingly GreatGreatVIPDined on 5/23/2014This was our first visit to Bellamy's to meet friends from far North County San Diego. Despite the need for a 25 mile car trip through heavy holiday weekend travel, this place was well worth the extra effort. The friendly bar service melded invisibly into a warm welcome to the dining room where our waiter Xavier was informative, attentive and very efficient. The Soft Shell Crab appetizer was to die for. My Rib Eye Steak was colossal, the wines by the glass were excellent, and we greatly enjoyed the whole experience. Plus the Chef came out to check on the food and the maitre de hovered over everything keeping a sharp eye out for any possible flaws of which there were none.. Despite the distance required I am sure we wil return.Special Features:
- Love Bellamy'slyndaDined on 5/12/2014We always come to Bellamy's when we are in Escondido. The food is exquisite and the service impeccable. The owner just had a baby boy and Mother's Day was extra special this year.Special Features:
- Very Accomodating7777VIPDined on 5/11/2014We had a Mother's Day brunch reservation for three but our son encountered heavier than expected traffic on his drive down from the LA area. Although the dining room was filled and reservations maxed out, the waitstaff and management graciously allowed us to wait at our table an extra half hour for our son's arrival. We finally started without him, and when he arrived he was very flexibly served the whole three course meal, which was quickly coordinated with ours. Adding to this the excellent food and service, the overall experience, a potential disaster, was transformed into an outstanding Mother's Day celebration.Special Features: