Bella Vista at Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara
1260 Channel Drive
Santa Barbara, CA 93108Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Bella Vista at Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fourseasons.com/santabarbara/dining/restaurants/bella_vista/
- Phone: 8055658237x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 11:30am,
Sunday Breakfast: 7:00am - 10:00am;
Breakfast Buffet: Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am,
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 1:30pm;
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm,
Sunday Lunch: 1:30pm - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Afternoon Tea: Friday & Saturday 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Alessandro Cartumini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Music played through centralized system.
- Special Events: Mornings at Bella Vista aren't just for Sundays!
Jump start any day of the week with a delicious buffet featuring all of your breakfast favorites in Santa Barbara's most spectacular oceanfront setting. Enjoy made-to-order omelettes and eggs benedicts,
along with pancakes, french toast, bacon and sausage, pastries,
house-made granola, specialty dishes, fresh juices and much more.
7:00 – 11:00 am
7:00 – 10:00 am
A word from Bella Vista at Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara
A convergence of California cuisine with contemporary Italian influences takes center stage at Bella Vista. The oceanfront restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner created by Executive Chef Alessandro Cartumini and his talented culinary team with a focus on the freshest seasonal, local and organic ingredients. The bountiful daily breakfast includes fresh juices, pastries and local fruits, while the legendary Sunday brunch, featuring fresh local seafood, is a must. Known as the Central Coast's premiere "power lunch" spot, Bella Vista serves up a mix of California-Italian cuisine midday. At dinner, a diverse selection of sumptuous pastas, braised meats, pizzas and fresh seafood comprise the menu, which is accompanied by an extensive wine list that showcases many California labels. After dinner, an array of decadent, regionally inspired desserts awaits. Bella Vista also offers weekly dinner events, a popular children's menu and traditional Afternoon Tea.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bella Vista at Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara - Best Restaurants in Santa Barbara ›
Bella Vista at Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (70)scenic view (70)special occasion (54)great for brunch (43)romantic (41)fit for foodies (31)great for lunch (28)kid-friendly (12)good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (10)notable wine list (9)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- As good as rememberedseagullDined on 8/31/2014Haven't had the chance to go for brunch in over 20 years. Still a wonderful brunch that everyone should find satisfaction! There's no way one can try everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a romantic viewRyanAnush123Dined on 8/28/2014Dinner at sunset outdoors with the ocean waves hitting the shore was absolutely romantic. Dinner was good, Ricardo was a delightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really good Sunday brunchfoodfighterDined on 8/17/2014Great service, good food. We would defiantly go back.Special Features:
- Fabulous LunchakanelsDined on 8/15/2014After a lovely, small wedding in Santa Barbara, we went to the Biltmore for lunch. It was perfect! The deck was lovely and the view of the ocean was great. The service and food was the best! Wish we lived closer!Special Features:
- Great place!aprilDined on 8/10/2014Me and my husband have been dining here for over five years. It is always a highlight of our trip to Santa Barbara!Special Features:
- Harold is the Man !121SiliconValleyVIPDined on 8/9/2014We had a great experience and our waiter Harold was wonderful - worth asking for him when you go there - food was beautiful and our view was awesome -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very specialBrunchersDined on 8/3/2014A group of eight meet here to celebrate my husband's birthday and it was wonderful. The food & variety were excellent. Vanessa our server took great care of us. They didn't hurry us and we enjoyed our brunch for a nice long time. Would recommend this place to anyone looking for a special brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- b'day lunchSeasidelunch44Dined on 8/2/2014Went with friends for a birthday lunch. Menu had a wide enough variety that we are each were able to find a meal that suited. The tomato tapanad was delicious and the bread wonderful. Service was superior. The only complaint I might have the Ice Tea was pricrd high but they were very generous with refills. Hotel and grounds were very nice and all service personal kind and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!LookingSDined on 8/2/2014Went to brunch with a friend and had a wonderful time. Impeccable service! We both had the breakfast bar... Especially enjoyed the French toast! Will definitely return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic TouchsblifeDined on 7/29/2014It's the little things that matter. My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary. Not only was the service fantastic and the view beautiful, but it's the little touch they did for us at the end of the evening to celebrate our anniversary with us that made the night special.Special Features:
- Love2eatgoodfoodLove2eatgoodfoodVIPDined on 7/25/2014The Biltmore Hotel dining is always a treat. Right on Butterfly Beach- Beauteous, scenic and yummy. I brought my mother who was in town visiting for breakfast and she thought she was a celebrity! I had a vegetable frittata and the fruit plate, which came with the most delicious honey yogurt. The service was impeccable which made our visit even more delightful.Special Features:
- Seasonal delightRanchBDined on 7/24/2014We had dinner by candlelight looking out to the ocean. What could be betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.LovefoodDined on 7/22/2014We celebrated our anniversary with a nice lunch, and they brought us a beautiful dessert. We had an amazing time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- view is amazing but the food stinksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014You pay waaay too much to get 2 overcooked steaks and bland everything else.Special Features:
- Great once in awhile experienceShelbsng3Dined on 7/13/2014My husband and I took our parents for brunch as a thank you for our wedding. The service was amazing- our mimosas were never empty. The food was great- there was a huge variety and the buffet room has large so it never felt packed. We sat in the patio and you just can't beat the view. My only negative was that I didn't think the buffet was quite worth the price- you can only eat so much in one sitting! However it was a special occasion and would do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The new Biltmored1cobbDined on 7/12/2014I used to go to the Biltmore many years ago. They had a locals’ night on Tuesday that was a great deal and reasonably priced. Well things happened, new owners, no locals’ night. All that was left was the high prices. Fast forward to today. The restaurant has been remodeled and has switched to an Italian based menu with California influences (or something like that). Anyway, we went back the other night and the food was really good, the service was excellent and the new setting is very nice. They have a larger outdoor seating area. All in all a great experience. The high prices are still there, but for special occasions, it’s worth it.Special Features:
- Stunning view!LamerDined on 7/10/2014We enjoyed a beautiful sunny day in Santa Barbara. Lunch at the Bella Vista was incredible! Food was great although a little pricey but all worth it for the ambiance. Wait staff were all very kind and accommodating. Will certainly go back again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014Beautiful setting by the beach. Lovely grounds. Staff was attentive and very friendly.Special Features:
- SharryvVIPDined on 7/5/2014Everything about our lunch was superb. The food presentation and taste was wonderful. The service was excellent and the view was incredible. Sitting outside on the terrace was divine. I wish I lived closer and I would definitely recommend visiting the Biltmore in Santa Barbara and taking advantage of the perfect dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandmanOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/29/2014Best brunch ever!! Food selection was excellent and service was awesomeSpecial Features:
- ConsistentPaulDined on 6/28/2014We ate here two nights in a row because we remembered it from the year before. The food is good, but the wait staff seem a little stretched. Can't beat the ambiance.Special Features:
- Special, Romantic BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014My boyfriend and I went to Bella Vista for my birthday in February and our experience was too wonderful. We went again for his birthday this June and we will continue to go for all our special occasions. The service and ambiance are ideal for a perfect evening. The view of the ocean is perfect among the positioning of the heat warmers so you can sit outside without too much of a breeze. We love it there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Anniversary DinnerJoeLDined on 6/21/2014The wife and I had reservations for our 1 year anniversary. We got there a bit early but they sat us with out a wait. The view is amazing whether you decide to sit inside or outside. The food was incredible, I had the Seafood "stew" which had tons of flavor and my wife had the tenderloin, which was cooked to perfection. Overall an awesome evening. Will def go back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food and serviceClassycollegedinerDined on 6/19/2014The price was expensive but we loved our sweet waitress as delicious meals. Definitely don't skip dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poor service, food just okMJ333Dined on 6/13/2014My husband and parents were in town this weekend for a graduation, and had 7 pm reservations (months in advance). The terrace dining and atmosphere seemed perfect to start off the weekend.We were so disappointed - the service couldn't have been worse.The only time our table got attention was when we called someone over to it. At one point we were completely out of every drop of liquid and crumb of food, and still not one person came to check on us - we had to call the maître de over and finally asked what the heck was the problem with their staff and inability to manage the dinner service.The restaurant wasn't full, so it made no sense. He said something about not expecting so many guests, yet it was UCSB graduation weekend...very poor.
- Bella Visa is Bona BellaDanielleDined on 6/13/2014Loved the atmosphere! Even though we ate inside we still had a beautiful view of ocean and the way they have a filtered ceiling makes you feel like you are dining outdoors (can't explain it you need to see it). It is pricey but it is the 4 Seasons so one should expect that. For myself I could not afford to come too often but it was a lovely treat.Special Features:
- FabulousSantaBarbarianDined on 6/12/2014Great food for omnivores and vegetarians alike. Wait staff right on top of it, very responsive, cheerful. If you have stayed away because the food was not so great in years past - they have fixed that and it is now to die for. We went on a TravelZoo voucher - it was the only way I could get my partner to go - he said he stopped going years ago because the food was mediocre. He was skeptical that it would have improved - but after our meal he changed his mind - said he would not hesitate to do it again. We will definitely be back. Our only regret is that we did not invite anyone to come with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed dinerwinetravelerDined on 6/12/2014I paid $22 for a cold cut turkey sandwich. Others at the table had dry sword fish. What a let down. The hotel dining room is living off its reputation. The chef needs to step it up about 4 notches to even meet adequate.Special Features:
- Anniversary BrunchBdunfDined on 6/1/2014Pro - We celebrated our Anniversary at the Four Seasons in Santa Barbara on the patio. We had a table with a great view of the ocean. The food was as good as I remembered and the service was beyond compare. Wonderful Day! Con - The number of serving stations has been reduced to three which limited the overall selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVELYDianneDined on 5/31/2014Our dinner at Bella Vista was wonderful! The food, wine and desert were amazing and our view of the ocean was incredible. We LOVED our server, Alicia, who was very professional and personable. Thank you!Special Features:
- Nothing but perfectionfoodshameVIPDined on 5/30/2014From the food to the ambiance the Four Seasons has it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrisDined on 5/29/2014Enjoyed the quality of food and service. Felt the staff was very attentive. Food was well done with great presentation. Wine lost was good not fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh, creative menuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2014A delightful selection of creative recipes, with unusual combinations of seafood, vegetables, fruits. Crisp, fresh tastes. Wine selection focused on California coastal selections and a few from beyond. Lovely ocean view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect spot for lunchArthurJacobVIPDined on 5/23/2014Beautiful views with the usual stellar Four Seasons excellence.Special Features:
- Special place to eatSantaBarbarafoodieVIPDined on 5/15/2014Eating outside at the Biltmore is a real treat. The food was delicious and we could hear the sound of the waves over dinner. Love the pastas.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Crispin is such an attentive and personable waiter-even tho it was so busy he was composed and so helpful-Patrick was also very helpful getting the heater situated-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but slow servicemsbsbaDined on 5/11/2014Our food was very good but the service was a little slow. For a restaurant of this price point, I would have expected more attention from the wait-staff. Everything from ordering our food, getting bread on the table, to receiving our entree seemed to take a very long time. Overall a very good experience, but would have appreciated better service.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchDiddyDined on 5/11/2014Love the whole experience of Sunday brunch. This time I sent the wife with a few girlfriends as a Mother's Day giftSpecial Features:
- Beautiful dayLauriet123Dined on 5/10/2014Service was great when we sat down then staff seemed to disappear. My crab BLT was disappointing.... Didn't seem like fresh crab. Fries luke warm.Special Features:
- The following 244 reviews are from the Bella Vista at Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara reviews archive.
- Great Sunday dinner at Bella VistaOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/4/2014We've lived in Santa Barbara for over 4 years, and had not had the opportunity to experience the Biltmore's Bella Vista. With our Travelzoo voucher, we made our reservation via Open Table and arrived a little before our reserved time. No problem, given the choice to sit inside (very quiet) or outside on the patio (lots of filled tables and a bit chilly). We had a very nice table at the window - really the best of both worlds. Service is impeccable. Prosecco was delicious. Four course tasting menu. Asparagus salad with a poached egg was incredible! Second Course - lamb ravioli, expertly prepared. Third Course - white sea bass. Fourth Course - a chocolate mousse with salted caramel ice cream. Highly recommend for a special dinner out.Special Features: