Bella Vista at Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara
1260 Channel Drive
Santa Barbara, CA 93108Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Bella Vista at Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fourseasons.com/santabarbara/dining/restaurants/bella_vista/
- Phone: (805) 565-8237
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 11:30am,
Sunday Breakfast: 7:00am - 10:00am;
Breakfast Buffet: Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am,
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 1:30pm;
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm,
Sunday Lunch: 1:30pm - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Afternoon Tea: Friday & Saturday 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Alessandro Cartumini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Music played through centralized system.
- Special Events: Mornings at Bella Vista aren't just for Sundays!
Jump start any day of the week with a delicious buffet featuring all of your breakfast favorites in Santa Barbara's most spectacular oceanfront setting. Enjoy made-to-order omelettes and eggs benedicts,
along with pancakes, french toast, bacon and sausage, pastries,
house-made granola, specialty dishes, fresh juices and much more.
7:00 – 11:00 am
7:00 – 10:00 am
A word from Bella Vista at Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara
A convergence of California cuisine with contemporary Italian influences takes center stage at Bella Vista. The oceanfront restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner created by Executive Chef Alessandro Cartumini and his talented culinary team with a focus on the freshest seasonal, local and organic ingredients. The bountiful daily breakfast includes fresh juices, pastries and local fruits, while the legendary Sunday brunch, featuring fresh local seafood, is a must. Known as the Central Coast's premiere "power lunch" spot, Bella Vista serves up a mix of California-Italian cuisine midday. At dinner, a diverse selection of sumptuous pastas, braised meats, pizzas and fresh seafood comprise the menu, which is accompanied by an extensive wine list that showcases many California labels. After dinner, an array of decadent, regionally inspired desserts awaits. Bella Vista also offers weekly dinner events, a popular children's menu and traditional Afternoon Tea.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bella Vista at Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara - Best Restaurants in Santa Barbara ›
Bella Vista at Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (65)scenic view (61)special occasion (54)romantic (46)great for brunch (39)fit for foodies (34)great for lunch (22)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (12)kid-friendly (11)notable wine list (8)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 11/20/2014Ricardo our waiter was outstanding! Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Lovely setting for an outdoor mealJandADined on 11/8/2014Our party of four received outstanding service at this lovely restaurant at the Four Seasons Biltmore. Best to book a table outside on the beautiful patio if weather permits.Special Features:
- romantic dinnerSantaBarbarafoodieVIPDined on 11/8/2014I love sitting "by the glass" at the Biltmore...feeling the beautiful night air in Santa Barbara, hearing the waves on the beach, watching the lights in the Santa Barbara harbor in the distance. The servers are always wonderful and the food (especially the pastas) is delicious. The only thing I would change is a menu that changes just a bit more. Add a "special" pasta, for example.Special Features:
- lovely special birthday lunchfundinerDined on 11/8/2014A beautiful fall afternoon lunch with the warm sun overhead and the ocean as our view - what could be better than that - throw in a bloody mary and seafood cobb salad and it adds up to a great birthday to remember.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerDinner42Dined on 10/20/2014We started out with drinks at the bar. Our bartender was fantastic-best drinks hands down! Dinner at Bella Vista was beautiful. Great service, the food was a little disappointing. Entrees were blah, nothing special. The kale/ brussel sprout/ broccoli side was delicious. Going to try Tydes the next time we're there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was excellentBigCatVIPDined on 10/19/2014You will likely have to stand up for yourself to push for a table with a view but it's worth the effort! Great brunch. Beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingVALLAWVIPDined on 10/12/2014In spite of making a reservation several weeks in advance, we were seated entirely alone in the dining room and ignored, for the most part. Other guests were seated outside and seemingly attended to promptly. The food was very good but our service was abysmal.Special Features:
- expensive but worth it!RonDVIPDined on 10/12/2014one of the best brunches we ever had. and bottomless mimosas! spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Since we could never afford to...JefeDined on 10/11/2014...actually stay here, the next best thing is to dine. Best medium-rare steak we've had since Europe - unbelievably tender, no fat, no grizzle and vegetables (sprouts, no less!) were delicious - great serviceSpecial Features:
- Delightful Anniversary BreakfastChopchopfizzfizz1959Dined on 10/3/2014My wife and I took our bikes on the train to Santa Barbara for our 10th anniversary. We rode bikes to the Four Seasons from downtown Santa Barbara. Very scenic ride, I highly recommend it! We had breakfast overlooking Butterfly Beach, perfect for special occasions. We both did the breakfast buffet - pricey at $32/person, but this is not your basic buffet. There's a delicious array of foods, including cheeses, cured meats, smoked salmon, bakery items, plus omelet station, eggs, bacon and sausages. The buffet includes juices and coffee or tea. Service was impeccable. My only criticism is that most of the regular menu selections were nearly as pricey as the buffet, so that there's really no incentive to order from the menu.Special Features:
- Always ExcellentDonjsVIPDined on 9/27/2014Great food and extraordinary setting - makes for a fantastic dinner! Highly recommend Bella Vista at the Four Seasons Hotel.Special Features:
- Great View!!!LD93VIPDined on 9/27/2014Lovely if you can sit outside. We went for brunch and decided on the buffet. The food was good but was really mostly breakfast food, i.e. no roast beef, etc. Not a Vegas style brunch.Special Features:
- Dinnerhoneybadger1Dined on 9/20/2014Dinner was great - good food, amazing views - as a local, I would and will go back to this place often - makes you feel like you are on vacation even when you are not - very fun!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Leo6438Dined on 9/20/2014The view is amazing, you can see the sun setting in the evening and the waves of the ocean are so relaxing while you enjoy your exquisite meal. Staff is very good at making you feel welcome and attended to. From the valet parking people to your server, everyone is super friendly and the vibe is just very romantic and perfect for special occasions. The food was delicious and very nice to look at. They have a large variety of wines and beverages to select from. The restrooms and decorations around the restaurant are very elegant. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants to enjoy a perfect night out with special people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum yum with a viewOnemanstreasureVIPDined on 9/19/2014We had the special - scallops & shrimp with truffles and the Valhrona chocolate soufflé. Well worth it! With the gorgeous sunset, we had a near perfect meal.Special Features:
- WonderfulMoniniVIPDined on 9/18/2014A lovely meal in a beautiful setting. Couldn't be nicer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bella Vista Sunday Brunch.Number1greatfoodDined on 9/14/2014We were particularly impressed with the attentiveness of all the staff. The food was excellent, all in all a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- Fabulous DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I took our 3 year old daughter to dinner at Bella Vista and it was a wonderful experience. We are never sure how nicer restaurants will be with our young daughter. We sat outside with a breath-taking view of the ocean and a giant, warm fire behind us. The food was outstanding, cocktails were interesting and delicious and the wine was decent as well. Not an extensive list but fine selections! Our waitress, Jenelle, was pleasant and prompt. When I requested a large red wine glass for my red wine, she had no problem getting that for me, and with a smile! We were chuckling at the guests next to us who were complaining about everything and threatening a bad review! Nothing bad to write about Bella Vista, we will be back!Special Features:
- Loved itKevinMDined on 9/5/2014Beautiful terrace under the stars and trees. Service, food and ambience were perfect. Best halibut I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Engagment DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/4/2014So enjoyable with a wonderful view of ths Santa Barabra coast. Food was outstanding and wait staff so friendly and welcoming. Good place For a celebrationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMontecitoVIPDined on 9/1/2014We have been going to the Biltmore for 35 years, so we have seen many changes over the years, most notably in ambience and service. We have had breakfast and lunch at the Bella Vista many times, but had never, until the other night, had dinner there. The service was quite poor, as the waiter was inattentive and failed to bring what we ordered. He spent an inordinate amount time hovering over tables in unnecessary conversation. The food was cold and mediocre, at best.
- Perfect SettingmarontheroadDined on 9/1/2014We stop here on every visit to Santa Barbara. It always takes our breath away and the food lives up to the expectation. A perfect special occasion or first time to S.B.!Special Features:
- As good as rememberedseagullDined on 8/31/2014Haven't had the chance to go for brunch in over 20 years. Still a wonderful brunch that everyone should find satisfaction! There's no way one can try everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a romantic viewRyanAnush123Dined on 8/28/2014Dinner at sunset outdoors with the ocean waves hitting the shore was absolutely romantic. Dinner was good, Ricardo was a delightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really good Sunday brunchfoodfighterDined on 8/17/2014Great service, good food. We would defiantly go back.Special Features:
- Fabulous LunchakanelsDined on 8/15/2014After a lovely, small wedding in Santa Barbara, we went to the Biltmore for lunch. It was perfect! The deck was lovely and the view of the ocean was great. The service and food was the best! Wish we lived closer!Special Features:
- Great place!aprilDined on 8/10/2014Me and my husband have been dining here for over five years. It is always a highlight of our trip to Santa Barbara!Special Features:
- Harold is the Man !121SiliconValleyVIPDined on 8/9/2014We had a great experience and our waiter Harold was wonderful - worth asking for him when you go there - food was beautiful and our view was awesome -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very specialBrunchersDined on 8/3/2014A group of eight meet here to celebrate my husband's birthday and it was wonderful. The food & variety were excellent. Vanessa our server took great care of us. They didn't hurry us and we enjoyed our brunch for a nice long time. Would recommend this place to anyone looking for a special brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- b'day lunchSeasidelunch44Dined on 8/2/2014Went with friends for a birthday lunch. Menu had a wide enough variety that we are each were able to find a meal that suited. The tomato tapanad was delicious and the bread wonderful. Service was superior. The only complaint I might have the Ice Tea was pricrd high but they were very generous with refills. Hotel and grounds were very nice and all service personal kind and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!LookingSDined on 8/2/2014Went to brunch with a friend and had a wonderful time. Impeccable service! We both had the breakfast bar... Especially enjoyed the French toast! Will definitely return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 277 reviews are from the Bella Vista at Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara reviews archive.
- Fantastic TouchsblifeDined on 7/29/2014It's the little things that matter. My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary. Not only was the service fantastic and the view beautiful, but it's the little touch they did for us at the end of the evening to celebrate our anniversary with us that made the night special.Special Features:
- Love2eatgoodfoodLove2eatgoodfoodVIPDined on 7/25/2014The Biltmore Hotel dining is always a treat. Right on Butterfly Beach- Beauteous, scenic and yummy. I brought my mother who was in town visiting for breakfast and she thought she was a celebrity! I had a vegetable frittata and the fruit plate, which came with the most delicious honey yogurt. The service was impeccable which made our visit even more delightful.Special Features:
- Seasonal delightRanchBVIPDined on 7/24/2014We had dinner by candlelight looking out to the ocean. What could be betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.LovefoodDined on 7/22/2014We celebrated our anniversary with a nice lunch, and they brought us a beautiful dessert. We had an amazing time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- view is amazing but the food stinksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014You pay waaay too much to get 2 overcooked steaks and bland everything else.Special Features:
- Great once in awhile experienceShelbsng3Dined on 7/13/2014My husband and I took our parents for brunch as a thank you for our wedding. The service was amazing- our mimosas were never empty. The food was great- there was a huge variety and the buffet room has large so it never felt packed. We sat in the patio and you just can't beat the view. My only negative was that I didn't think the buffet was quite worth the price- you can only eat so much in one sitting! However it was a special occasion and would do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The new Biltmored1cobbDined on 7/12/2014I used to go to the Biltmore many years ago. They had a locals’ night on Tuesday that was a great deal and reasonably priced. Well things happened, new owners, no locals’ night. All that was left was the high prices. Fast forward to today. The restaurant has been remodeled and has switched to an Italian based menu with California influences (or something like that). Anyway, we went back the other night and the food was really good, the service was excellent and the new setting is very nice. They have a larger outdoor seating area. All in all a great experience. The high prices are still there, but for special occasions, it’s worth it.Special Features:
- Stunning view!LamerDined on 7/10/2014We enjoyed a beautiful sunny day in Santa Barbara. Lunch at the Bella Vista was incredible! Food was great although a little pricey but all worth it for the ambiance. Wait staff were all very kind and accommodating. Will certainly go back again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014Beautiful setting by the beach. Lovely grounds. Staff was attentive and very friendly.Special Features: