4258 Main St.
Roxborough, PA 19127Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bellatrattoriapa.com/
- Phone: 2154825556
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Bella Trattoria
Bella Trattoria has been serving exceptional Southern Italian fair for 12 years. We completely remodeled our bar and dining areas, expanded our menu while creating a separate bar menu for those looking for a snack or quick bite. With our recent updates and our long-standing, extensive wine list, Bella Trattoria is please.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bella Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great food and service!IluvpastaDined on 11/22/2013We went for their complimentary wine tasting with complimentary appetizers. The food and appetizers were great. We stayed for dinner and had excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a GREAT Value, felt lured inTheFoodieDined on 11/22/2013Received an email from Bella Trattoria, advertising a "Complimentary Wine Tasting w/Food". When you get there you're seated as if you're just having dinner having to mention you're there for the tasting. During the tasting, only one of the wines (out of 2 samples) was available for purchase. As far as the food you received one Aronccini Ball (made with risotto and cheese and then fried; it was pretty good) and one square piece of Cheese Pizza (about the size of 2.5" x 2.5"). I understand and appreciate we weren't charged for the samples or the 2 pieces of appetizers, but I feel as though it should have been made clear you need to buy dinner as well in the message! But I guess in this economy a business has to do what they have to do!!!!Special Features:
- Mediocre Italian Bistro ExperienceManayunkDiner19Dined on 10/26/2013Though we had a reservation, we had to wait 25 minutes in the entrance way. Our food was not exceptional, and prices were quite high given the portions and quality. The room was loud, so it was difficult to hear our server. Overall, nothing was awful, but nothing was really good either. I'll go to Agiato next time, and I'll probably never be back at Bella again.
- Great foodaqm5110Dined on 9/26/2013The Asparagus appetizer was amazing as was the rest of our meal. Loved the dessert tray brought out at the end. Would definitely recommend for a great meal out or for a romantic date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMK456Dined on 9/23/2013Had a great meal here. It was a Monday so we didn't think it would be crowded, but it was more empty than anticipated. Although it didn't bother us because they played music and sat us near the window. Our waiter was extremely helpful and very attentive. The portions are very reasonable and the prices are not too expensive. I would recommend to friends!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was expensive, and parkingluv2dineVIPDined on 8/25/2013Food was expensive, and parking is near impossible.Special Features:
- We had the mussels appetizerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2013We had the mussels appetizer which was outstanding. We shared 2 pizzas for dinner which were both okay.
- Went with an Italian friendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2013Went with an Italian friend and he thought t the food was great . Nice selection of beer and wines . Have been there twice recently and was not disappointed either time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to go, but not to returnOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/17/2013The eggplant rolatini appetizer was excellent. However, the shrimp and cannellini bean appetizer (which we've had at other restaurants) was very skimpy on the shrimp and not worth $11 since it was almost entirely beans. Each of us four had very different entrees all of which were good. I was disappointed in the tilapia because it was advertised as being grilled which was what I expected but instead it came in a sauce with onions, peppers and tomatoes, not mentioned on the menu or by the server. The only other issue was that the lobster ravioli with shrimp once again was very skimpy on the shrimp.
- mealMichaelVIPDined on 8/16/2013The meal and the service was outstanding and my girlfriend enjoyed the wine. The food was the best I had and I will return every soon. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta was deliciousLynnVIPDined on 8/13/2013We tried this place with a living social deal. The lobster ravioli was so yummy but you only get 6 small ravioli- for the price I would have expected more. The tables outside are great but the sidewalk is slanted so your leaning the entire meal. Pizza was yummy but lots of grease!Special Features:
- decent job on Italian staplesMathMan821VIPDined on 8/9/2013An average independent Italian restaurant. It beats Olive Garden but is nothing memorable. Very decent job on your Italian staples, but nothing exciting, inventive or original.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fettuccini was most excellent.Timosh1313Dined on 8/9/2013Fettuccini was most excellent. Drinks were just a bit on the small side. Cameron's service was just rightI would recommend this to a friend.
- We went on a Thursday andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2013We went on a Thursday and it wasn't very crowded. Food was delicious and our server was friendly and helpful. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place - Anna andEatMeatVIPDined on 6/22/2013Love this place - Anna and Dane took great care of us. The food was fabulous.Special Features:
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/22/2013We have been here many time before but I forgot how good it actually is. The filet special was cooked perfectly and the sauce was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service and unique menuJaySVIPDined on 6/10/2013great service staff and unique menu - varied appetizersI would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy, Casual, Middle of the RoaderTop23VIPDined on 6/7/2013Bella Trattoria is decidedly no frills, stripped down, but serviceable. The kind of place you'd go to in college or when you're otherwise on a budget. Kid-friendly menu, but with nods to adult tastes. The seafood pasta was nicely done, though nothing to rave over. Service was low-key and friendly. A day-to-day not a special occasion kind of joint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, can't go wrongPhillyDinerDined on 6/5/2013We went with a large party and were seated inside at our request. The windows were open to get fresh air but it was a warm night and it made the room a little uncomfortable. The portions are enormous and we all took home half our dinners. Our waitress was average; we have definitely had better service at this restaurant. They add 18% gratuity to a bill with large parties, and she pointed it out to us a few times as we paid the bill. Did she expect more? The food is very good and the restaurant is fun and always lively, so we ignored this comment. Overall, another great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/25/2013This restaurant serves very average Italian food. The wine by the glass is overpriced at $9 per glass for basic jug wine. The decor of the dining room is drab and charmless. I would say, on a positive note, that the salads were good and fresh. We had the caesar salad and the endive salad (a mix of arugula, endive and raddichio with shaved parmesan cheese). The complimentary garlic rolls were also good. On to the pastas- we ordered lasagne and penne in vodka sauce. Both were huge portions. I would say the lasagne was decent, though nothing special. The penne was served in a very heavy, salty blush sauce with peas and prosciutto. The peas tasted canned to me, and what was described as prosciutto was dry and flavorless.Special Features:
- sat outdoors on a lovely evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/22/2013sat outdoors on a lovely evening. I had the Lasagna with homemade Mariana sauce. So yummy!! hubby had the chicken with portabella mushrooms and roasted potatoes in a brown sauce. That too had a great favor, but unfortunately it was less than room temperature. I like hot food, HOT! Homemade bread with olive oil, water with lemon and a glass (8oz) of wine made the meal complete. Will definitely go back. The regular Chef had the night off and there were no specials....so will try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went for an early Mother'sDisappointedMamaDined on 5/12/2013We went for an early Mother's Day dinner and the place was a wreck. The waitress dropped our pizza, forgot to add salmon on a salad as ordered and brought a $22 salmon entree instead. we waited a long time for out food and then the salads came just a few minutes before the entrees. To top it all off, they were out of butter for the bread! why is that such a big deal? the bread was stale and needed all the help it could get.
- Great for celebrationsRachelDined on 5/7/2013My new fiancee and I went here for dinner to celebrate our recent engagement. The food is always good, the service great, and the restaurant is a great romantic spot for a couple or for a bunch of friends.Special Features:
- Not bad but slow waitOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/20/2013We booked for 8.30 on a Saturday night but didn't get seated till after 9 which might have been ok if the front of house girl was a little more sympathetic of us asking, especially when tables were seemingly free. We then didn't get our food for another 45 minutes at least and didn't get mains till 10.30ish. The waitress was very nice and apologetic but a complimentary drink would have helped... The food itself was decent enough without being spectacular and overall it was fine for a standard night out. Will not be going back again on Saturday night however due to the wait and slow service.
- I have been to this resturantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013I have been to this resturant on several occasions and I am very dissatisfied with the food and the service. I went to this resturant to participate in the resturant week only to find out that it does not include Saturdays I was very dissappointed. This was one of my favorite resturants in this area. The service was not good I made reservations and it took them 15 minutes to still seat me and I arrived on time for my my reservation. What was the point in making a reservation. When me and my guest were seated it took the food an hour and a half (1 1/2 ) to be served. The waitress came to us after an hour and advised us that the kitchen as backed up and the food would be here shortly. Still another half an hour later the food arrived.Special Features:
- As the rooms became full theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2013As the rooms became full the noise level was too loud for conversation across the table.Special Features:
- Fabulous tender veal dishluvchocolateVIPDined on 4/19/2013Fabulous tender veal dish with spinach and wine sauce, pasta also excellent, consistently good food and service.Special Features:
- Excellent food, attentiveRobSVIPDined on 4/18/2013Excellent food, attentive waitstaff. Will be back soon!
- The food was good, we hadHungryGirlDined on 4/14/2013The food was good, we had calamari, penne rosa and some pasta dish with lots of seafood. Everyone seemed pleased. They offer wheat pasta choices!Special Features:
- The desserts were out of thisOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/13/2013The desserts were out of this world. The Lemon cake was the best I have ever had!Special Features:
- My friends and I have beenShariVIPDined on 4/6/2013My friends and I have been to Bella Trattoria several times and the food is always good. We got there a little earlier than our reservation and they were able to seat us right away. The only down side on this visit was the service. Our waitress was very good in the beginning then after she took our dinner orders we did not see her again until end of our meal when she came to ask us if we wanted the check.
- Excellent courteous service.luvchocolateVIPDined on 4/2/2013Excellent courteous service. The food is fresh and delicious. This restaurant is consistent with both every visit.
- Staff was very pleasant. FriedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/25/2013Staff was very pleasant. Fried calamari was excellent. Everyone enjoyed their entrees. A nice, moderately priced place for a good meal.
- Our server was friendly andchillyinphillyDined on 3/22/2013Our server was friendly and attentive but not intrusive. The menu offered some interesting items along with a standard repertoire of Italian dishes. The penne pasta in vodka sauce was a big hit. You can't go wrong with any of the menu items.Special Features:
- My husband and I celebratedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013My husband and I celebrated Valentine's Day here and while we were surprised to see a special menu that may have been pricier than expected, we were not disappointed with our selections. The garlic bread is outstanding - be sure to ask for extra! I loved my espresso martini and would love to have it again. I also highly recommend the chicken rollatini, but one potato puff is not enough and my husband's fra diablo sauce was not spicy enough for him. The service was great, but the decor could use a bit more flair. All in all, a great Valentine's experience.Special Features:
- Excellent lunch. The weddingJR123Dined on 1/31/2013Excellent lunch. The wedding soup meatballs were the best I've ever had. And I'm married to an Italian whose an excellent cook. Definitely will be back.Special Features:
- Excellent home style ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/19/2013Excellent home style Italian food. Extremely nice portions. The wait staff was politeand attentive. We got more than we expected going in. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- We went to Bella TratoriaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/29/2012We went to Bella Tratoria for my son's 21st birthday. It was the perfect compromise for my foodie son and my less-than-adventurous husband and daughter. Food was delicious, service was attentive without being annoying. Atmosphere was relaxed, and there was enough space so that we didn't feel like we were dining too close to the next table. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Six of us gathered on a MondayOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/5/2012Six of us gathered on a Monday night for a birthday celebration. Being a Monday night the restaurant was not busy, but the food was just as good as on previous visits.
- Good spot, food, service.itzbhollaDined on 10/20/2012Salmon was a little weak, but the Chicken Sorentino was awesome along with the calamari and other appetizers. Portion size is moderate for the price. Good spot for a light date, or casual dinner with parents.