600 Main Street
Bradley Beach, NJ 07720Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bellasognorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (732) 869-0700
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 4:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Claudio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Catering and Gift Certificates also Available.
- Private Party Facilities: *Private Parties* At Bella Sogno, we offer the perfect intimate setting for Private Parties. Just to name a few... Rehearsal Dinners, Baby & Bridal Showers, Birthday, Holiday & Retirement Parties. Competitive pricing, fantastic service and great food!!! Contact Us for Pricing Information and Availability...
A word from Bella Sogno
Here at Bella Sogno we appreciate your patronage and support. Because every dish is cooked and made to order with the freshest of ingredients time is one of our most important methods of our preparation. To complete your dining experience our chef prepares homemade desserts daily. Coffee, tea, cappuccino and espresso are also available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Bella Sogno - Best Restaurants in Bradley Beach ›
Bella Sogno reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)romantic (11)great for outdoor dining (6)fit for foodies (6)special occasion (6)good for groups (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Have never gone wrongjerzydocDined on 11/15/2014The food is always perfect and the service excellent. My wife and I have been here at least 10 times and have never had the slightest complaint. I would recommend reservations as the place is small and cozy (romantic) and can fill up fast on weekends. All of the pasta dishes are fantastic....as well as their Chicken Scarpariello.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommenddustyDined on 11/2/2014The food is excellent. I love that it's a BYOB. Great service and great decor.Special Features:
- been there many timesfoodieDined on 10/31/2014sorry first time very disappointed ! the food was not up to par!
- Good Food at the ShoreDiningdivaDined on 10/25/2014This restaurant right in the heart of Bradley Beach was a wonderful surprise. Made plans to meet a friend there as it was a half way point between our homes. We didn't know what to expect accept it was a BYOB. Well, the restaurant is small, but the menu is diverse and the food is terrific. Luckily my husband and I shared the salad, as it was large, but the size did not take a way from the taste. I had the trout almondine which was done to perfection, so tasty and moist. My husband had the salmon; also good. We were to full to order desert, but the menu had lots of tempting choices. The restaurant is small, so make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SsalDined on 10/11/2014Excellent food and service! Would def recommend and go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only one waitressSandyVIPDined on 9/28/2014Our waitress would have been better if she had more help. She was on alone and couldn't handle it easily. And when our bill came it was added wrong with another complete dinner addedSpecial Features:
- LivingstongemDined on 9/27/2014Great food, as always, but service was slow. Appetizer special of artichokes oreganata was delicious. Entrees are consistently good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/30/2014Disappointing! After waiting a LONG time for our salad and then our entrée the dishes we selected, nothing extravagant, were not enjoyable. We are aware that food to order takes time but usually the end result is worth the wait. Not in this case. Management did comp us with dessert which was appreciated but again a little disappointing.
- Terrific Neighborhood "Italian" GemmaddycDined on 8/30/2014Hold the red sauce here--charming Bella Sogno produces flavorful Italian specialties without loading up with Southern-style red sauce. The most delicious eggplant caponata relish is served to every table after seating and wine is b-y-o, which makes the already reasonable process seem even better! We love the creative salads, Flounder Francaise in lemon-wine sauce; Veal Capri with mozzarella, basil and demi-glace with broccoli rabe; and grilled Salmon Spinacio served on a potato pancake with a port wine reduction. Many traditional dishes-- Eggplant Parm, Zuppa di Clams, Shrimp Scampi, are delicious too. Don't miss the showcase dessert, Tiramisu "Martini," scrumptious tiramisu in a giant martini glass large enough to share. Cozy spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4oth. Anniversary DinnerluvbyobDined on 8/17/2014We split the Bella Sogno Salad, which was delicious! My husband and I both enjoyed perfectly prepared veal dishes - Veal Marsala and Veal Sorrentino, respectively. The portions were perfect, but we opted out on dessert, as we were totally satisfied. The bread with eggplant spread before the meal was different and yummy as well. We brought our own favorite bottle of wine. The service was delightful and well timed. Thank you, Bella Sogno, for a lovely evening.Special Features:
- food & service not goodhadbetterDined on 8/15/2014We had a reservation and were seated promptly, however, had to move tables because tablecloth was dirty. Waited about 1/2 hour for our salad. Entrees did not come out as ordered (flounder) and we had to send one entrée back to be cooked more. It was then served in pieces. Needless to say, we won't be returning.
- The following 94 reviews are from the Bella Sogno reviews archive.
- Cozy and delish!JanethegardenerDined on 7/21/2014The Flounder Francis is a must try. Restaurant is nicely decorated. Love the linen table cloths. Staff was tentative and food was served very timely. Bring your own wine and enjoy!Special Features:
- Lovely Space, Disappointed in FoodLocalGalDined on 7/20/2014Our first time at Bella Sogno, excited to try "Bradley Beach's Best Kept Secret." A beautiful, appealing space! Unfortunately, when we received the stale bread, we realized the food might not match the decor. A tomato and mozzarella appetizer was dry; no other oil and vinegar was provided. The grilled pork chops were breaded (wrong dish?) and tasteless, although they were not over cooked. Broccoli rabe was tough, "chef's veggies" were non-descript. The flounder oreganata was meh, according to my husband. Bread pudding dessert was DELICIOUS. Service was good, ambiance great, food barely so so.
- consistently good italian foodddmcdDined on 7/19/2014been coming for years, always try to eat here whenever at the jersey shore. food is always very good, atmosphere is cozy and love that's it's byob too. always have an enjoyable time except this last time our server was not pleasant at all and dismissed our efforts to get input on food selections. unfortunate :( but we wouldn't let her spoil our enjoyment and will still go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SsalDined on 7/19/2014Overall a very good restaurant! Food is very good but you must wait, which was fine with us. Very small and tight seating, but would recommend for food alone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent foodJaymzDined on 7/12/2014It is a decent place to eat. Nothing to rave about but couldn't really complain. The BYOB made it a place me and my fiancee liked. Overall we would eat there again but wouldn't be our first choice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious tucked away placeTastyDeliciousFoodDined on 7/11/2014We've driven past this place a few times but never realized it was there. So delicious! Very cozy and intimate seating inside, ample seating outside. Menu is diverse and had a few surprises. The specials sounded delicious too! Food is made to order so be patient. Our waitress was polite, and cheerful. The restaurant was busy and our waitress was one of two waitstaff. She did marvelously in taking care of us and multiple tables. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BYOB Very Nice RestaurantMrDineVIPDined on 7/7/2014In a block of great businesses working together. The bakery a few door down is a must, plus we just found the food and staff to be very nice and attentive. We highly recommend it if in Bradley Beach, NJSpecial Features:
- food great service lousymandjginsbergVIPDined on 7/5/2014We were a party or 7 on July 5th and even though we were seated on time and placed our order about 15 minutes after getting seated, it took another 20 minutes to get our salad and another hour almost to get our entrees which were very tasty. The wait staff which is short staffed was lousy. We finished our meal at 915. Didnt realize its a BYOB restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood charmOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/3/2014We ate inside, where ambiance is ok. A bit tight. The menu has many great choices and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- fastdinerVIPDined on 6/28/2014The waiter started by telling us we had to be out by 7:30 ... we waited a long time between courses which was odd considering we were told we had to be out by a certain time ... and although there were specials he never told us what they were .. the food was good but I ordered a side dish of spinach and when it arrived I amazed at the portion .. for $6 I would have expected more that an ounce or two ... While the food was enjoyable I didn't get the feeling that the staff were interested in making us look forward to returning ...
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Very good food. Great salad. It is a BYOB which is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cousins nite out at the shorepard76Dined on 6/21/2014tried based on previous reviews..arrived to 1/2 empty restaurant and was offered the table by the door..when asked to take one of the 4 other tables for 4, we were told we couldnt?? seem to create a big calamity to change a table in a half empty restaurant. Not exactly catering to the customer service..we kept the door table. The male asst waiter was attentive, we found our waitress, who took the order, to be unattentive. Food was good, but I guess they are busy enough and are not trying to woo new returning diners...Might try again..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy and DeliciousPeggsieDined on 6/12/2014Great place to bring friends to enjoy a delicious dinner, talk and fun. Their service is outstanding and, they are right and ready to always help you with susggestions and kindness. One of my favorite places for sure.Special Features:
- KathGKathyGDined on 5/30/2014Excellent, but our appi was greasy. Dinner was good. Would go to again after trying a few other placesSpecial Features:
- great byobbribarbDined on 5/24/2014Good food, good service, intimate setting, outdoor dining available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Jerseygirl22Dined on 5/9/2014Great BYOB restaurant, food is outstanding! Salads are fresh and diverse. Meals were tasty and good portions. Tiramisu for desert was yummy!Special Features:
- Mid week peaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014Go during the week, it'll be quieter and less crowded but be sure to make a reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family favoriteWwsholkDined on 4/19/2014Our family has been coming here for a few years now and we look forward to it every time! The food is always delicious, the service is great and the setting is cozy. It's one of our special occasion spots! Thank you Bella Sogno!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousjerzydocDined on 4/19/2014It is so nice to be able to find a cozy restaurant at the Jersey Shore. There are maybe 15 tables in Bella Sogno. Perfect little BYOB that is not only reasonable but also serves delicious food. The waitresses are attentive and it is obvious that they really enjoy there job and the diners. My wife and I have been there about 10 times and it's always been absolutely perfect. The prices are great especially with bringing your own wine. They do take reservations and I would recommend that especially on weekends.Special Features:
- One of my favoritesblairDined on 4/12/2014This is our favorite place. Food is always superb. Service is very very good and very attentive. Same wait staff each time we've been there. Jody was wonderful on our last visit. It's a BYOB and I love that!!! Don't want to say too much great stuff or it will become everyone's favorite! All dishes are outstanding. I love the apple walnut salad with feta so much . My husband and I always get it and share it Just love it there! Small and inviting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The cheesecake is to die forRandiKDined on 4/5/2014I always have a great meal at Bella Sogna. The food is terrific and so is the service. the only negative is the restaurant is small and the seating is cramped...Save room for the cheesecake...it is worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous DinnerGirlfromCaliforniaDined on 4/4/2014Arrived in a nearby town and wanted a good meal. A quick search on Open Table and I had a reservation at Bella Sogno. Loved it instantly when I walked through the front doors. Filled with locals. The waitress was awesome (even charged my phone for me - so I could GPS back to the hotel). The food was amazing - my eggplant parm - delicious!!! The cheesecake was fabulous. I was lucky to have a good bottle of wine in my truck -the restaurant is BYOB. New concept for me. I would totally go back and wish this restaurant was in my neighborhood in Virginia. Fabulous find! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is the starOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/15/2014We dined here at least a dozen times, and the meal consistency is always excellent. My wife and I dined out at 3 other local italian establishments during the past 2 weeks, and all were awful, each meal more disappointing than the last. So, this Saturday I made reservations at the Bella Sogno and as usual, it was wonderful. I had the shrimp Francese, which was tender and flavorful, I never had better. I usually order the veal, a great choice at Bella Sogno, but I am glad I tried the shrimp. The place can be crowded, and tables are tightly spaced, but who cares. It is busy because it is a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Bradley BeachallanboushieDined on 3/15/2014I have been going to Bella Sogno for about 4 years now. Each time I visit, I look to try a new menu item or special of the day. I am glad to say I have never been disappointed with a meal! Portions are very generous and the meats, seafood and vegetables are always fresh and well prepared. I would recommend this BYOB to anyone looking for quality northern Italian cooking at the Jersey Shore!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodNJgrandmaVIPDined on 3/1/2014We choose this place because it is only a few blocks from the Bradley Beach Cinema. It's a small place with good prices and impressive food. We asked to have our table changed as we didn't want a draft from the door. Although the place was practically empty this seemed to be a problem. The hostess/waitress (the were 2 waitresses) seemed to have attitude towards us after that. When we asked for bread we were told we'd get it after we ordered. Noticed the table next to us got it before ordering. Don't really understand what that was all about but we chose not to let it ruin our evening and the delicious food more than made up for it plus the other waitress was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So GOOD!StinkyMHVIPDined on 2/21/2014My new favorite restaurant. Great food... lots of options. I went with the pasta special which had shrimp and clams. Wonderful. Best Clams Casino around. My favorite part of the night was that I was not rushed. If I am going to spend a lot of money on a dinner, I expect to enjoy it. That was certainly the case at Bella Sogno. Mossuto's in Wall NJ on route 35 should take a page from the Bella Sogno book. Well worth the money I spent. Cannot wait to go back!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I had a reservation at 7:30 and was seated at that time. Very nice wait staff and very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A small gemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/13/2014Carefully prepared Italian specialties--extremely fresh pasta and salads and highly recommended chicken dishes. Professional attentive staff and a warm cozy room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemFabluousDined on 1/18/2014Bella Sogno continues to be a neighborhood gem. We are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.