745 Corkery Lane
Williamstown, NJ 08094Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bellaseraonline.com/
- Phone: (856) 629-8000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday, Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Marco Muzzupappa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout
- Entertainment: Live Music on weekends
A word from Bella Sera
Authentic Southern Italian cuisine comes to the suburbs of Philadelphia. Bella Sera serves traditional Italian recipes handed down from generation to generation in a casual yet elegant dining experience. Weekly specials are hand-picked and prepared by chef/owner Marco Muzzupappa. Large portions and unmatched hospitality will make your dining experience one to never forget. Please allow us the pleasure of hosting one of your private events, with seating up to 100-110 people, or just a great night out with friends and family. Buon Appetito!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bella Sera reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)special occasion (11)fit for foodies (9)romantic (7)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Bella Sera is a rare findKett9Dined on 11/1/2014Bella Sera is one of those rare finds that offers exquisite food in a comfortable, family-friendly environment. The decor is lovely, making you feel like you are tucked inside a Tuscan trattoria, instead of a small strip center in suburban South Jersey! Bring your favorite Amarone, Brunello, or Barolo, and you'l have the perfect complement to the delicious Italian offerings. The veal chops are wonderful, particularly the Milanese, and one can usually find bronzino, fileted tableside, on the menu. We usually begin with an antipasto, which is scrumptious, accompanied by the rustic bread that is served. Weekend entertainment completes the La Dolce Vita ambiance found in this Williamstown gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jangDined on 11/1/2014Waitress was difficult to understand. Food was served luke warm. Veal had a chalky taste and was not high quality.
- Good food, quiet atmosphererandumbdudeDined on 10/3/2014Menu was lacking variety. Several pasta dishes without meat and vice versa. Our waitress was very polite and attentive, but it was obvious English was her second language so we missed some of the details on the nightly specials. She must have worked there for a while or is just very friendly because the couple next to me greeted her with a hug. In the long run, we were fairly pleased with the meals. Orecchiette w/ asparagus and shrimp in white sauce was delicious. Added jumbo lump crab meat to beef up the platter. Could've eaten a little more but I have a big appetite so that's not saying anything bad about portion size. GF ordered chicken parm and was happy. Price was reasonable. Was torn between 3 and 4 stars. Sorry but just not 4 star.Special Features:
- Great food!!KjrdinerDined on 9/27/2014As always we are never disappointed !! For a guaranteed delicious dinner Bella Sera is the best!Special Features:
- VEE0924Dined on 9/24/2014THE SERVICE WAS 1ST CLASS! IT WAS MY 20TH ANNIVERSARY AND WE WERE LOOKING FOR A QUIET PLACE WITH GREAT FOOD, THIS PLACE WAS PERFECT!!!Special Features:
- Very PleasedJasonDined on 9/20/2014This was our second time at Bella Sera, and we enjoyed our experience once again. The food was delicious - it is an Italian restaurant that does Italian dishes well. Our service was good. The night we were there it was very busy, so that slowed up the service a bit. But that was not a problem for us, as the servers were still very attentive. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedPersnicketyFoodieDined on 9/13/2014Everything was good, but nothing was great or noteworthy. Not worth the money that they are charging for the food.Special Features:
- lawmanlawmanVIPDined on 8/20/2014We dine there often and Bella Sera never disappoints. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerGood2estDined on 8/5/2014Food was very good and were not rushed at all. I would recommend themSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014the food was good but the prices seemed high. I go out to eat way too much and the prices seemed a $5 more on everything $15 for 5 ravioli is high. The food was okay nothing spectacular.Special Features:
- The following 125 reviews are from the Bella Sera reviews archive.
- great spotmikeg88Dined on 7/30/2014bella sera is a fantastic restaurant. i am always impressed with the food. there's no need to go into philly for a great mealSpecial Features:
- Great food!FamilyDined on 7/19/2014This was the best meal I've had in a long time. The owner himself visited our table, giving the visit a very personal touch. There were four of us, and we all ordered the dinner specials (Filet Mignon in a wine reduction topped with crabmeat for me, Bronzino with a white wine sauce for everyone else). Excellent overall...I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Great EntertainmentTluvCDined on 6/28/2014We came to your restaurant to hear Greg Armstrong sing...the food is awesome and the atmosphere is very intimate...our service was excellent with Carlos and his lady assistant...we will definitely come again especially to listen to Greg...it was an awesome combination of great food and great entertainment...love the presentation of the food...it was fine dining...felt like we were at a supper club from the past. Bella Sera is par excellence!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frankthebreadmanDined on 6/22/2014Marco...Owner and Chef was very amiable and we taked at length about his restaurant and his Italian backgroud. I will go back again, even though the prices were a little high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special restaurantFood4thoughtDined on 6/12/2014Great neighborhood restaurant with excellent Italian food, atmosphere and ambiance, service superb. Carlos is the best waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food & Atmospherenickpat83Dined on 6/6/2014My husband & I have dined at Bella Sera many times; from a romantic dinner, family gatherings for special occasions, to get-togethers with friends and co-workers. Chef/Owner Marco Muzzupappa is exceptional at both operating his establishment and creating mouthwatering dishes. The Staff, especially Carlos, is so welcoming and yet professional, making sure you have a Memorable Experience. Tonight I enjoyed the Veal Chop, stuffed with Prosciutto and Provolone, but have many other favorites. His Bruschetta is so fresh, the Calamari Fritti and Stuffed Long Hots are the best around. His Nightly Specials are Exceptional!! I feel you get what you pay for, Bella Sera is testament to that, from appetizer to dessert, everything is OUTSTANDING!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightcmgtDined on 5/31/2014We had a lovely time at Bella Sera. It was great listening to Greg Armstrong singing. We like to have dinner when we know he will be singing. The food was delicious. We started with stuffed long hots, then had an arugula salad. I had Gnocchi in a spinach cream sauce with crab meat. My husband had Filet Mignon in a wine sauce with crab. This came with sauteed spinach & mashed potatoes. For dessert I had a cappuccino and a piece of Limoncello cake and my husband had cheese cake with a raspberry sauce. Bella Sera is BYOB so I had brought a bottle of wine to enjoy with dinner. After dinner I was offered a glass of home made Limoncello, which was delicious! Everything was delicious! The bill came to $112.00 plus tip; but it was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/13/2014Everything was amazing. We enjoyed it so much on 05/13/2014 that we came back the next day. Everything is fresh and delicious. High quality. You have new customers. Don't be fooled by its location, this is fine Italian dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food. Poor service.PhillyDinerDined on 5/11/2014The food was amazing. Wonderful choices, perfectly cooked. Highly recommend their food. The service was terrible. Our waitress rushed us out, taking away plates before people were finished. My water glass and iced tea were empty for half of the meal. I was made to feel rude for asking for anything. I feel like there was a language barrier that made me nervous as I have dietary restrictions. Good thing I called ahead and asked about a few dishes. For the prices they charge, I really expected better service.
- Superb!Love2eatDined on 5/11/2014My party was a bit late for our reservation on Mother's Day but they were so gracious to accommodate us.The service was great as also were the meal choices made by me family.I had Grilled Branzino which was fileted table side but in my estimation was overpriced @$ 35.This is a BYOB which adds even more appeal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 123max84Dined on 5/10/2014We have passed it many times and never considered it because it was just another Italian restaurant at the end of a strip store. Then Siri recommended it on my son's Iphone when he asked for a good Italian restaurant in the area and we were astonished at how good the food was. We have gone back since and have not been disappointed. Try it BYOB. Full of locals on a weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service, wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2014Great food and service, would like to see the place redone to fit the upscale food, loved the accordion player. I was surprised to see it in a strip mall.Special Features:
- Small town... big flavor!JulieDined on 4/11/2014Bella Sera is family owned and run. Food is fresh daily. Traditional, homemade family recipes are delicious. Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT DINNER!!!!!MitchDined on 3/23/2014Wife and I have heard many good things about this restaurant and went on Sunday night. We never expected it to be this busy at 7:00 on a Sunday because most restaurants are not. I told my wife "if there this busy on a late Sunday nite theres no way this food could not be good". I was right everything we ate was fresh and seasoned perfectly. The server recited all features like he was making the food himself by explaining all details. Chef came to our table and also many others to insure we were happy. We had a great time and look forward to returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We both ordered a salad, minePoorinWilliamstownDined on 3/21/2014We both ordered a salad, mine Caesar his House. I saw the price was high so I asked if the salads were big. He said no so I figured with an entree they give you a smaller portion. I ordered a special a seafood risotto and my husband ordered chicken parm. My salad was nothing special and the plate was very small. My husbands house was good but also small. The food came and it was delicious. We ordered 1 dessert and 1 tea. When the bill came they charged us $18 for salads, $53 for entrees and $11 for dessert. $82 before tax and tip. My head was ready to explode. I was so angry at myself for not asking more questions. This is a neighborhood restaurant. We won't be back. Simply can't afford over $100 for a regular dinner in a regular place.
- Great!MartiniMenginiDined on 3/14/2014Great neighborhood restaurant! Food is fantastic! Atmosphere is perfect for a dinner date. Being a byob you can enjoy your favorite cocktails without the expensive drink prices. We made our own Martini's to accompany our meals. Delicious! The owners do everything possible to make your dinner out as enjoyable as possible. Looking forward to another meal at Bella Sera!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food, Very GoodMoish10Dined on 3/1/2014Very Good Food, Very Good Service...No wait with our reservationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUSsaldeeDined on 2/8/2014We enjoy each and everytime we go to this little hidden gem. Everyone is so friendly and service is great!!!!!Special Features:
- Group Bday dinnerJB131Dined on 2/1/2014I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by how delicious everything was. I've been here for a rehearsal dinner and an engagement party and the food was good each time but their regular dinner menu exceeded my expectations. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- top notch service!!! A hidden 10!!!FrankRoddyVIPDined on 2/1/2014I've been here 4 times and have always left smiling. This place is a pleasant surprise for an intimate Authentic Italian gem to be semi hidden on the outskirts of town. The food is amazing, in par with the best Philly has to offer. They have an abundance of specials that are expertly explained by the serving staff. Speaking of the serving staff, this is where Bella Sera shines. Friend, efficient, spot on attentive doesn't do enough, this place feels like family that hasn't seen you in a couple years. You feel completely at home. I can't say enough about this place. If your looking for a family feel with a culinary experience that leaves you wanting to come back 5 times a week don't miss this one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing Dinner nite !CabopeepsDined on 1/25/2014Had a date out with old friends , chose Bella Sera . We opened the door to find a nice couple singing . We had some awesome calamari and long hot apps with our byob wine . Sat while catching up on old times , never rushed . The food came out , great choice's from all over the menu . Had a relaxing good time ...Thank 's ! ps.. desserts looked great ! but too full that nite .Special Features:
- Great food but....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014The tables are way too small, the chairs are uncomfortable, and it was very hot in there. Also the waitress threw out my husband's dessert instead of wrapping it up. The waitress Mexican accent was very hard to understand and she didn't understand a request my husband asked. Overall the food was great, but there's a lot to improve on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceJennDined on 12/31/2013I went here for New Years Eve. The food and service was amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suprise in the woodspublicdefenderDined on 12/31/2013New to the area and reluctant to try a restaurant in a strip mall, but several reviews convinced me otherwise. Went with a friend of many years and both of us enjoyed, not only the ambiance and the food, but were impressed with the owners attentiveness. He provided some extra service which went a long way toward making this a memorable evening. Will definitely return and have already told another person about this great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousBethDined on 12/28/2013The specials were delightful..fish was outstanding as well as veal chopSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The servers and food are excellent.MurphVIPDined on 12/7/2013The servers and food are excellent. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was mediocre my dish was salty/foodieDined on 12/7/2013was mediocre my dish was salty/ Went only because of other reviews! I guess people here like low grade Italian cooking!
- Bella Sera great eatsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/6/2013Was pleasantly surprised at how good the food was. Service was excellent, and the food came to the table hot & yummy. Your missing a great meal if you miss Bella Sera.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So GoodEleanorDined on 11/17/2013Our dinners were so good I would have gone back the next day and ordered the same !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC!!!! WHAT MORE CAN I SAY!!saldeeDined on 11/2/2013We want to say what a great experience we had at this restaurant. You are greeted with bright smiles and a feeling that you are coming into your family's home. This was our second time there in a week. We loved the food and the warmth of the owners and employees so much that we went back with our other friends to have them experience a wonderful time and they loved it as well. Domenic and his family our wonderful people and make you feel like your at home. Carlos the waiter what a wonderful personality and the efficiency of him and the other workers are exceptional. The live singing in the background as you eat and talk is just another plus to this great restaurant! This is definitely our new place to go. GREAT FOOD, WONDERFUL ATMOSPHERE!Special Features: