Bella Sera Trattoria
422 S Myrtle Ave
Monrovia, CA 91016Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bella Sera Trattoria
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bellaseratrattoria.com/
- Phone: 6263591399
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Joe Borrelli & Matthew Heminway
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Bella Sera Trattoria
Our mission is very simple: To make fresh, delicious Italian food in an atmosphere that is familiar, modern and comfortable. In our new restaurant, you will experience Italian Food. The menu features familiar entrees you've loved for years as well as our own inventive dishes created for you and your guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bella Sera Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)great for outdoor dining (13)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (10)great for lunch (9)special occasion (7)romantic (7)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- RDT53Dined on 9/10/2014New ownership has brought new sparkle to a neighborhood favorite. The outdoor seating is perfect for a quiet chat.Special Features:
- Great salads!!EatthisandthatDined on 9/10/2014Salads were exceptional. Pasta with Salmon was good. Bread was not good at all-mealy. A few more good Chardonnay selections would be nice. Overall nice spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food-good serviceTracyLeeDined on 9/8/2014Pleasant atmosphere when you walk in. Greeted immediately with a friendly smile. Good service and good food. I had linguine with clams. Tender clams in a yummy garlic wine sauce. My friends had: chicken Parmesan and braised short ribs with pasta-they practically licked their plates. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious and authenticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Sat outside on the back patio and was treated to live folk music. It wasn't overbearing at all, and added to the festive mood. Don't skip the pizza. They have a sourdough crust that's started from 20 year old dough....fantastic. Everything we ordered was delicious, sand the service excellent. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining spotrleeVIPDined on 8/24/2014Needed to meet out of town friends and Monrovia was the halfway point. Pleasantly surprised! Great food, nice patio and live music. Trio softly played jazz so that you could listen and hear conversation. After dinner take a walk thru the charming old town district.Special Features:
- a Maze InOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014We booked a dinner reservation and arrived early. We were immediately seated near the bar, we had a great view of the entire restaurant. Service was excellent, our waiter was friendly and very helpful, he explained the specials and recommended several dishes. The Kale salad was excellent, I had a peach and mozzarella appetizer which was fantastic, the peaches were perfectly ripe. My strip steak was cooked to perfection. Dessert was divine . I'd go back and highly recommend Bella Sera to all my friends, my husband has already told all of his coworkers about our new find. We will be back to try more of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Evening for Birthdays!AbigailDined on 8/16/2014We took two friends to Bella Sera for their birthday dinners. On a Sunday night, there were only a few other parties on the back patio. Tables were far enough apart that we could talk. Food and service were excellent, and prices were reasonable.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant in MonroviaNiniVIPDined on 8/15/2014We are very pleased with the new and improved Bella Sera Trattoria. We have been going since the new owners/management took over a few months ago and are delighted with their ongoing efforts to improve the restaurant. The service is outstanding, the food is good and we go at least once a week!Special Features:
- Bella Sera is a Beautiful NightDIMASPQRVIPDined on 7/27/2014Bella Sera, which in Italian means Beautiful Night, is a gem in old town Monrovia. It has recently gone through new ownership and aesthetic changes. The restaurant not only delivers great food but the ambiance is incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yum123VIPDined on 7/27/2014Under new management apparently. We went for DineLA, first time ever. Salad - good portion, tossed and then plated so some of the berries/nuts got lost under the leaves, would've been better presentation if berries/nuts were placed after tossing the greens. Pasta - huge portion! Good taste. Dessert - yummy, tiramisu and canoli both good. We were treated well despite the DineLA. Definitely coming back!
- Dine laGourmetnotgourmandDined on 7/27/2014Went for dine la lunch special. We had penne vodka (bland) and pomodoro bucatini (very bland). Pasta cooked perfect, lack of taste. Desert was almost inedible - cannoli bland, and tiramisu odd. Service very pleasant.
- Generally okGuidosGuideDined on 7/26/2014We were generally pleased but my wife's beef dish included gristle and fat pieces which diminished her enjoyment. My serving of spaghetti and meatballs was quite good with a generous serving of four meatballs. The Service was excellent. We probably would have rated it higher if not for the beef dish. We will probably try it again.Special Features:
- Worst Service ever, Bad food, Loud!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014I'm shocked that this "restaurant" is on open table. We made reservations that weren't honored (they gave our booth requested to some other party that just walked in). We had to ask for water, salt, pepper, and did not have bread or olive oil/balsamic vinegar at our table (other tables had them!) and we finally received basic condiments near the end of our meal. It was the worst dining experience I've had in my adult life! The service was awful. The waitress failed to tell the chef I was a vegetarian and was served the wrong dish. She refused to allow us to take dessert to go and She insisted that my fiancé try his dish with a "poached egg" which was served sunny side up that ruined his bland dish. It was so LOUD I couldn't hear my fiancé!
- Good Italian in MonroviaAnndrew626Dined on 7/25/2014Solid Italian food at a good price. Portion size was good for most of the dishes. Pasta is made in store. Should try if you are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This RestaurantjazzbbyDined on 7/25/2014Bella Serra is a wonderful new addition to the Monrovia restaurant scene. The food selection is great and the preparation is delicious. I love the bacon wrapped figs and the meatballs as an appetizer. There pizza is great with a delicious crust. The chicken marsala and the lasagna are winners, too! All very soulful. The waitstaff is very well trained and make you feel very well taken care of.Special Features:
- Pretty good restaurantTsutsuDined on 7/24/2014Over all the place is decent....Both food and service are good.Special Features:
- So SounhappyDined on 7/23/2014The food and dessert were really average, kind of disappointed.Special Features:
- New ownersCinnamonSpiceDined on 7/15/2014The newly renovated Bella Sera has some great new perks. A facelift, happy hour, and a fresh menu. The happy hour has $5 drinks and appetizers in the cute new bar area. It ends kinda early at 6pm, but if I can get out of work on time and rush over, I can make it. Food items are hit and miss for me so far, but what is good will bring me back for more. Grilled asparagus and prosciutto was perfectly grilled and so flavorful. Calamari includes the legs. I hate when the legs are missing! Short Rib Pasta was fresh made and cooked al dente. Just right. Very good. Good sized portions. The service both times I have visited has been more than great. I am looking forward to the next happy hour and to try more things on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/14/2014I was looking for a nice place to meet someone for a first date. This was a great choice. The service was very good, the food was good and there was no hurry for us to be rushed off. Mind you it was a Monday night but they had a good turn out which shows the locals like it too. The meat ball appetizer was very tender and nicely spiced. I had pasta and my date had chicken, both were very good. I took a quick look on their back patio, it's a great place on summer nights. I think I will get a table back there next.Special Features:
- new managementsuperchinkVIPDined on 7/13/2014Return to local favorite with surprising new management and innovative new menu. Several clever new dishes were a delight to the palate.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Bella Sera Trattoria reviews archive.