14503 Big Basin Way
Saratoga, CA 95070Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bellasaratoga.com/
- Phone: (408) 741-5115
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Friday - Saturday: 8:00am - 11:00am,
Sunday: 8:00am - 10:00am:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am -4:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm;
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Italian, Californian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering services and customized menus based on your specific needs. Please call us to discuss.
- Private Party Facilities: We welcome private parties. A private room requires a minimum of 15 guests and same rules as banquets apply. See banquet description.
- Private Party Contact: Clyde / Claudio 4087415115x
- Entertainment: We feature live music for Sunday Brunch.
- Special Events: We have a great facility for special events. Please call to inquire.
A word from Bella Saratoga
A romantic Victorian house with intimate indoor and outdoor dining in the heart of Saratoga Village. We feature bountiful portions of award winning pastas, the freshest fish, filet mignon, thin crust pizzas, and deserts with fine wines and cocktails. Stop by for Lunch or weekend Brunch on the way to the Santa Cruz mountains or for dinner before the shows at Villa Montalvo, the Mountain Winery, or the Flint Center. Saratoga, the center of arts and culture, is conveniently located off Highway 85.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Bella Saratoga - Best Restaurants in Saratoga ›
Bella Saratoga reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (53)neighborhood gem (35)special occasion (27)romantic (26)great for brunch (14)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (10)great for lunch (9)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- It was our first time at BellaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2008It was our first time at Bella Saratoga. We wanted to eat at some place special before our concert at The Mountain Winery. And Bella Saratoga fit the bill! Right on the way to The Mountain Winery! Easy to find, food was very good and we made it to our concert in plenty of time. I hope to eat there again!Special Features:
- The service was great, butOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/13/2008The service was great, but our meals were fairly mediocre... sauces on the pastas were very bland, the grilled chicken in the pasta tasted as though it was boiled first then barely exposed to a grill. The worst part was the Ahi appetizer that was definitely not fresh... smelled VERY fishy so we sent it back. The server was very polite about it, but raw Ahi should be very fresh and not fishy!
- The food was awesome and theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2008The food was awesome and the staff was very friendly and ready to accommodate all of our needs with a smiling face. I would highly recommend this place for all the boy friends and husbands who badly need to make up, and make up right ;).. go for it guys. Its a nice place. You will all love it.Special Features:
- My husbands food was deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2008My husbands food was delicious but mine was way over cooked and a very poor piece of filet. Service was slow but our waiter had a couple of tables outside and then a big group upstairs so it seemed he was spread a little thin. Overall, been there 3 times and enjoy it usually.Special Features:
- The restaurant is in an oldOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/7/2008The restaurant is in an old Victorian house. There is no air conditioning, except for a wall unit upstairs, so this was a problem on a very warm night. Seafood overcooked, but fresh bread was excellent.Special Features:
- A very pleasant and enjoyableMarkoDined on 7/5/2008A very pleasant and enjoyable dining experience. Thank You.Special Features:
- the food was a mixed bag.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/27/2008the food was a mixed bag. It was either very good or just okay. for example I enjoyed my veal piccata, but the rissotto my partner had which was the special that day was not good rissoto which was very disappointing. the rissoto was not nutty/chewy and the sauce was too runny. The Ahi tuna was good and the chicken dishes were good. I won't rush back there but I would give it another try.Special Features:
- The reason I gave a Fair scoreOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2008The reason I gave a Fair score for the food is because my salmon was really over cooked - dry and burned, eckSpecial Features:
- it was a small work groupOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 6/26/2008it was a small work group that enjoyed the food, the ambiance and the service. We would go there again as a group or with our families.Special Features:
- the service was horrible!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/20/2008the service was horrible! We were not seated for almost 15 minutes. We had a reservation and there were plenty of open tables but we stood waiting while all the wait staff passed us by without even acknowledging our presence. We finally asked one of the waitresses if there was a host or hostess seating people and she said she wasn't sure so she took us to a table herself. Then we sat another 15-20 minutes while all of the wait staff walked by us, once again completely ignoring us. We finally asked one of the waiters if anyone was going to take our order...he said he wasn't sure whose table it was so he would just do it himself. I definitely wouldn't eat here again as the service was just aweful!
- Took awhile to be acknowledgedOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/15/2008Took awhile to be acknowledged by server. Not very attentive.Special Features:
- I took my husband and parentsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/15/2008I took my husband and parents for a brunch on Father's Day - no wait which was nice. There was supposed to be music - we sat on the patio and I didn't hear any music. Our server was very nice and the food was very good - not too much, just right - so we didn't feel like we stuffed ourselves which is a good thing. Overall, we enjoyed it - not sure if we would go back.Special Features:
- The seafood omelet was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2008The seafood omelet was good but the eggs saratoga (aka eggs Benedict) came to the table with the hollandaise sauce set-up and hard and the poached eggs were like golf balls. These two entrees were sent back to the kitchen under some protest from the server. 10 minutes later they were returned to our table with the eggs undercooked and the egg whites runny. For the price and for brunch at a special occasion restaurant the food should be better. The ambiance, the jazz musician were both terrific. Unfortunately the food did not match the rest of the experience.Special Features:
- I believe they are under newOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 6/13/2008I believe they are under new ownership and to our disappointment the food has changed for the worse. We both became very ill the next morning and will most likely think twice about dining here again.
- Pasta with clam sauce wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/12/2008Pasta with clam sauce was dry and had to be returned to the kitchen for a reheat and more sauce. Veal Marsala was cold as were accompanying dishes. Pork Chop was cold and tough. The food was pretty bad. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- The service was uncharacteristicallJudyDined on 6/10/2008The service was uncharacteristically slow for our group of 5 for lunch on Tuesday, 6/10/08. The food was fine. It was a very warm day so we were all a bit hot sitting outside at the lunch hour. Our group lunches here several times a year and we enjoy the ambiance.Special Features:
- More categories might be checkedOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/6/2008More categories might be checked at dinner time. Salads for lunch not a real test for quality, etc. (though the dressings were outstanding!) I would be happy to return at dinner time.Special Features:
- Claudio , the owner, was onOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/24/2008Claudio , the owner, was on hand to make the dining experience casual and warm. A wonderful meal, with the exception of the chicken club sandwich...no taste...More dressing on the salads and refill bread containers a bit more liberally. Pricing was in tune with other eateries. Overall, Bella Saratoga has a solid foundation and all it needs is some fine tuning on the food. We look forward to dining here again.Special Features:
- The food was disappointing,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/23/2008The food was disappointing, given the niceness of the restaurant, overall. I had the salmon and it was fishy, and a bit overcooked. The hubby had the halibut and it was unevenly cooked throughout (half under cooked, half over cooked). All the entrees came with a cold cous cous, which was watery and surprisingly unpleasant. The bread served when we first got there was pretty good, and came with tasty dipping sauce. The best thing we had was this fourless, sugarless chocolate dessert. The wine list was fun, had some good local wineries, but I think if i went back again I'd steer clear of any fish dishes. The server was nice and helpful with food/wine selxn, but I think I would have preferred to have him check in on us a bit more.Special Features:
- Negatives: The music was tooOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/23/2008Negatives: The music was too loud when we were first seated. The bread when served must have been left over from lunch, stale & hard.... had to ask server for some fresh oven baked bread. Sugar snap pea's were terrible, should not be served as vegetable. Our server disappeard for about 15 min. upon completion of our main course before clearing our plates and before offering us a desert menue. Positives: Cesar salad was very good! Steaks were cooked perfectly. Ownership: It appears that the ownership has changed! The food presentation is different when served, and the menue is exactly the same!Special Features:
- Superior service, dining,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2008Superior service, dining, atmosphere. There were 4 people in our party, two arrived early. We waited in the bar area, which was very cozy. Bartender was wonderful, very knowledgable both about bar management and the establishment/historical building. Had knowlege of our reservation and we were given option of dining inside or outside. Our waiter was excellent, courses were well timed, great variety of menu selections. We will go back again and again. Thank you for one of our most delightful evenings. We truly enjoyed our experience. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- I was disappointed to findOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2008I was disappointed to find the experience mediocre at best. The appetizer, Fried Calamari, was extremely bland, and served not with cocktail sauce (as indicated in the menu) but with ketchup. I've had better calamari at local greasy spoons. The entrees were not great either. The Tortellini Carbonara were flavorless, and the Veal Marsala was almost cold. Overall, I wish I had spent my money elsewhere. I will certainly not eat at this restaurant again.Special Features:
- I was disappointed by thetravel4fun111VIPDined on 5/11/2008I was disappointed by the food and service. It seemed like it was under new management trying to cut corners.Special Features:
- I took my mother to BellaOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/11/2008I took my mother to Bella Saratoga for Mother's Day Brunch, and we enjoyed a nice table outdoors; live soft jazz was a nice touch. The coffee was tasty and so was my salmon ravioli, but my mother's omelet was bland. Our server, Hallie, was excellent.Special Features:
- This Italian restaurant providesJojoVIPDined on 5/10/2008This Italian restaurant provides several different ambiences with live entertainment during the day, excellent lamp heaters for dining outdoors (even on a cold evening), and a very home-like feeling inside the converted mansion. The food is excellent and the owners are always around to talk to patrons and make the guests feel special.Special Features:
- We were ignored for almostOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/10/2008We were ignored for almost ten minutes when we arrived and they had to set up a table for us. While our waiter was very nice, he was assigned our table on the second floor (it was his only table there) and the rest of his tables were downstairs. This meant he was kept running up and downt the stairs to serve both areas and the service reflected this. We were kept waiting for approximatley 15 minutes after we received our menus and had to ask where our waiter was so we could order our food. The management of the restaurant is very poor and unfortunatley the waiters are at the mercy of whomever assigns their areas. Our server was helpful and nice when he was attending us, but there were significant gaps in the service.
- This is the second time IOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/26/2008This is the second time I visited this restaurant. Menu is appealing and food quality quite good. Service (or food prep?) this time was much slower than last time. Eat outside or downstairs if you can as this makes a visit to this restaurant very enjoyable. Host (owner?) is very pleasant and wait staff is pleasant, too. Prices are reasonable. Street parking can be tough depending upon the time that you visit. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Very cordial greeting. CharmingTravellerVIPDined on 4/26/2008Very cordial greeting. Charming atmosphere. Very good food.Special Features:
- I am a huge fan of italianOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2008I am a huge fan of italian food and i constantly order the same dishes wherever i am. i must say that the chicken saltamboca is the best i have ever had. typical saltambocas fall apart and the chicken is poorly stuffed. the stuffing is typically dryer than the rest and the proschuto is often time scrunched up in a side, but this dish is perfect. it had some veggies on the side that are not too apetizing (under cooked) and some brown rice that goes spectacularly with the creamy chicken. i look foreward to dinig here again soley because of the magnificent food but the service and the atmosphere are lacking. it is set in a older building that just doesn't have the furnishings to go with the food. it needs a modern makeover...ciaoSpecial Features:
- They have a very nice outdoorOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/25/2008They have a very nice outdoor seating area along the sidewalk. Makes for an enjoyable lunchtime event.Special Features:
- I asked for salmon cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/21/2008I asked for salmon cooked rare and it was super well done, but I didn't have time to send it back. Service was spotty, outside dining ambiance was lovely -- nice to have the heaters!Special Features:
- We enjoyed food and promptOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/18/2008We enjoyed food and prompt attentive service. Jennifer (our server) made the experience quite enjoyable. One person in our party is a pastry chef and she was quite impressed with the desserts and the plating of the desserts. This was my second visit and my husband's first... we will definitely return.Special Features:
- We had a reservation for 8OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/17/2008We had a reservation for 8 people at 12:30PM. We had an assortment of appetizers, meals and wine by the glass. The food was excellent, and the diversity offered by the menu was very good. I hear that the wine was just OK. I didn't order it, so I don't recall what the wine was. Service was attentive but not intrusive. The outdoor patio is not much to look at, but it was pleasant and nice to have the option of sitting outside.Special Features:
- We had a great waitress andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2008We had a great waitress and the food was very good and well presented. The amount served was perfect for lunch. We are planning to go back again.Special Features:
- Our first impression is thatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/10/2008Our first impression is that we had walked into an old age retreat: the avarage dinner had to be 75 years old. Therefore it was rather quiet (a nice plus). The indoors felt and smelled stuffy, but outdoor seating was availble and nice. The wait staff was kind and even took a dish off our bill after we commented that it tasted chalky (this was the kids housemade tortellinni(sp?)). We didn't ask to have it removed, but the management did it anyway. Our $9 glass of red wine was lovely. I would take my parents here.Special Features:
- BElla Saratoga is an old-timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/31/2008BElla Saratoga is an old-time favorite. Great place to have lunch outside!Special Features:
- The pork chops were difficultOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2008The pork chops were difficult to chew but had good flavor. I also had a side of cheese tortellini. I am not sure if there was some sort of crab or lobster in what I ate as I became very ill later in the evening.Special Features:
- Claudio provided excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/23/2008Claudio provided excellent service and dignified attention.Special Features:
- The entire staff at BellaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008The entire staff at Bella Saratoga was very pleasant. On probably one of the busiest days in the restaurant industry (Easter other than Mother's Day), every employee had a smile, was kind, friendly, and courteous. Our server Hallie did a very fine job. I will happily go back to dine at Bella Saratoga. Sincerely, Rebecca Tennant San Jose, CASpecial Features:
- disorganized, took over oneOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008disorganized, took over one hour to get our food. Eggs benedict was served overcooked 2 times. Manager blamed me for not ordering my poached eggs correctly,finally just gave up. Clearly could not accomodate the easter crowd. Was terribly disappointed!!