14503 Big Basin Way
Saratoga, CA 95070Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bellasaratoga.com/
- Phone: 4087415115x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Tuesday - Saturday: 8:00am - 11:00am,
Sunday: 8:00am - 10:00am:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am -4:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm;
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Italian, Californian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering services and customized menus based on your specific needs. Please call us to discuss.
- Private Party Facilities: We welcome private parties. A private room requires a minimum of 15 guests and same rules as banquets apply. See banquet description.
- Private Party Contact: Clyde / Claudio 4087415115x
- Entertainment: We feature live music for Sunday Brunch.
- Special Events: We have a great facility for special events. Please call to inquire.
A word from Bella Saratoga
A romantic Victorian house with intimate indoor and outdoor dining in the heart of Saratoga Village. We feature bountiful portions of award winning pastas, the freshest fish, filet mignon, thin crust pizzas, and deserts with fine wines and cocktails. Stop by for Lunch or weekend Brunch on the way to the Santa Cruz mountains or for dinner before the shows at Villa Montalvo, the Mountain Winery, or the Flint Center. Saratoga, the center of arts and culture, is conveniently located off Highway 85.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Bella Saratoga - Best Restaurants in Saratoga ›
Bella Saratoga reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (63)neighborhood gem (41)special occasion (32)romantic (31)fit for foodies (17)great for brunch (17)great for lunch (14)good for groups (12)notable wine list (8)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Great ambiance and FoodBRoseDined on 10/19/2014I recommend Bella Saratoga for any occasion. The meals are carefully prepared and delicious, and the service is impeccable. Thanks to all the staff who made my celebration special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantHalcuptDined on 10/12/2014Found the food excellent and the service friendly. Wish the City of Saratoga would keep the main street lights on longer on Sunday. You need a flash light to get to your car at 8:30 and it is very creepy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant in a small townLeo2DineDined on 10/7/2014Yes I call Saratoga a small town because there are not a whole lot of business in this city except in the down town area which is just one street called Main Street. I went there for brunch on Sunday and came back for dinner with my family on Tuesday. Love both occasions. Sunday afternoon is fun, watching all the loud motor bikes and the quiet Tesla driving by. On Tuesday night, it is dead quiet. It is quite a contrast. It is hidden in the mysterious street of Saratoga. The main street is dotted with many restaurants, shops, coffe shops, wine tasting rooms etc. It is just a very lovely place to hang out with family or friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UrianaDined on 10/1/2014This a favorite spot close to home, that we have enjoyed for years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Breakfast hereOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/20/2014Really love to sit outdoors and have a late breakfast here. Charming DT Saratoga; great menu and tasty food. Great place to take visitors from out of town.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationAnnie3Dined on 9/4/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday with friends at Bella Saratoga, and were able to sit outside on a beautiful night. The service was a little slow getting starting (getting bread to the table), but once the appetizers came, everything was on track. Three of us ordered the seafood special (black cod on a bed of risotto) which was outstanding. A very enjoyable and memorable evening at one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Great food, Good ServiceOmegafltVIPDined on 9/1/2014Nothing bad to say about this experience. Lunch was wonderful and the service was great. I will be going back.Special Features:
- VicVDined on 9/1/2014Great experience Always accommodating and helpful with suggestions and the ambience fabulous . Staff great too. Always friendly even from years agoSpecial Features:
- Bella Saratoga Lost OpportunityWorldTravelerDined on 8/27/2014Second time eating at Bella Saratoga before a concert at the mountain winery. Overall disappointing. Basic house salad was wilted, roasted tomato soup had crumbled blue cheese in it vs just leaving it out and appealing to a broader set of customer tastes. WE HATE blue cheese or Gorgonzola. Linguini with shrimps & scallops was just ok. Sauce was bland, shrimps & scallops over done, pasta noodles were chewy. Waiter offered Parmesan for the pasta dish. YOU DON"T PUT CHEESE on sea food pasta dishes. Pity, not too many restaurant choices in down town Saratoga and it wouldn't take much to improve & execute simple dishes in a better manner. Veal scaloppini was good. Overall inconsistent and lost opportunity for Bella Saratoga.Special Features:
- Good meal againdjshaferVIPDined on 8/25/2014This is our "go to" place to have an early dinner before a concert at Mountain Winery. They were good again and we really enjoyed the experience. They have a great outdoor dining area. The bread is served warm and very tasty. The Caesar salad was a bit overdressed but the flavor is good. Both entrees were delicious (linguine Bolognese and short ribs).Special Features:
- See why no OT points are given!lasikdocDined on 8/25/2014We generally eat at Mountain Winery's deck before a concert there. Eating here at "Bella" Saratoga reinforced why we should continue that practice. The server was aloof & not very interested in: 1) answering questions; 2) acquainting himself with the daily specials menu; 3) providing us with the food in a normal pace, (that meant deathly slow); 4) caring about the culinary experience of a modest meal for 4 @ $180.00! For years I have not sent food back to the chef. However, the "crispy" calamari appetizer was really mushy. After consuming a bit, we waited about 10 minutes offering glances his way. In explaining the situation the chap went back to the kitchen. He unceremoniously plunked the SAME food back on our table with "How's this".
- Just okSummerDined on 8/22/2014The birthday person ordered the special of the day, fresh halibut, and loved it! Pricey at 46.00, not mentioned at the time the specials were recited. They served a lovely desert for the birthday, compliments of the house. Two of us ordered the salmon and while the price of 23.00 was more than fare, the fare was not. Salmon was tasteless and dry, same for two small shrimp. The veggies were cold and consisted of a few stripes of colorful carrots, small piece of limp broccoli robe, some kind of rice bed. All tasteless. Maybe it was just the salmon and other dishes are fine. Don't know. Being able to sit outside is nice but we were in the back (not street side) and while comfortable, not particularly attractive.
- Bad FishEggplantDined on 8/21/2014Frozen filet of Sole poorly prepared. Nice grapes but WITH the stems was a bit much. And Who serves brown carrots? Unappetising at best
- BellaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Great place for a romantic outdoor or indoor dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceluc240Dined on 8/15/2014Everything was outstanding; the service was nice and personalized. The pork chops were very tasty and presentable. The outside atmosphere was very romantic, and people around were quite. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/13/2014Since we were going to attend a concert nearby that was one of the first questions our server asked.. we were attended in a efficient manner.. our dinner was delicious! No disappointment here!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemDongoDined on 8/8/2014I haven't been there in years and was pleasanly surprised when we went back. The food was better than ever and the staff was very nice. The salads were perfect and a couple special orders in our group were prepared ferfectly. We are all going to put it back int o our 'rotation' of eating establishmentsSpecial Features:
- Nice sidewalk dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Very nice sidewalk dinning. Separated by nice plants yet still on the walk. Fun.Special Features:
- Breakfast off the brunch menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014I was a bit disappointed. I've been a customer several times before and even had the banquet room for a party in the past. This event the waiter was fine except we got our fruit served after breakfast and had to ask about where was our cinnamon rolls. By the way the cinnamon rolls tasted horrible. Seemed like they were bought from a store, not homemade at all or maybe they were leftovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bella SaratogaeeglilacDined on 8/1/2014Bella Saratoga was a lovely restaurant to celebrate a dear friends birthday. The restaurant staff was very friendly and personable. The owner came out to greet us as most of our group were former New Yorkers as is he. He gave us a dessert wine on the house to celebrate us all being former New Yorkers. The restaurant outdoor seating was lovely. It was quiet so we were able to talk and really enjoy each other's company. I would definitely return to Bella Saratoga.Special Features:
- Great Choicealleycat277Dined on 7/25/2014We were looking for a spot to have dinner before going to a concert at Mountain Winery. Four of us dined at Bella Saratoga. Each of us left very happy. The menu was varied and there was plenty to choose from. The specials sounded scrumptious! Our meal was delicious, service was very attentive, but not overwhelming, and the price was fair. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningGoodSteakDined on 7/23/2014The service was very good as were our meals. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Beautiful outdoor dining. It was perfect for a summer evening. Food and service was excellent. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Shellfish Salad is wonderfulCalifornniaCindyDined on 7/13/2014Cute little restaurant in downtown Saratoga. We have been coming here for years even though we live on the other side of the Bay. I love the shellfish salad and bread with cheese.Special Features:
- Charming Italian RestaurantFoodie1234Dined on 7/13/2014This is my second time visiting the restaurant. First time I had lasagna, second time I had Saltimbocca (chicken in mushroom cream sauce). Both were outstanding. Get there early when there are concerts at Mountain Winery. My RSVP was outside and it was almost filled outside on their patio. Nice atmosphere!Special Features:
- PattycakeDined on 7/12/2014Lovely outside patio seating with soft guitar music in the background (live). Food was delicious and the waitress did not rush us. Overall very good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EleanoreVIPDined on 7/5/2014This was our first visit to Bella Saratoga. I am not sure why. We fell for this place. The ambience, the careful service and the food. We will be back, soon. Wew found the Bella Saratoga to be very much to our liking!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late LunchaneweraDined on 6/27/2014The only disappointment was that there was only one shrimp in my chicken and shrimp marsala.Special Features:
- Reliable FavoriteLocalGalVIPDined on 6/25/2014We love Bella Saratoga before a Mountain Winery Show. Our food was wonderful and dining on the outdoor patio is just perfect.Special Features:
- What a gem !newcomerDined on 6/24/2014First time I have been here and it was a totally fabulous experience !Special Features:
- The following 652 reviews are from the Bella Saratoga reviews archive.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/19/2014It's a great place to eat. Minus 1 star for price. It's pricey. But hey, good things ain't cheap...Special Features:
- dinetowineVIPDined on 6/15/2014The only problem with Bella Saratoga is the amount of food is pretty sparse. Which is interesting, because most of the time, restaurants give you way too much food. The eggplant parmesan was very good, but it was only about six bites.Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseRobertDined on 6/6/2014We needed a place to have dinner before going to a concert at the Mountain Winery. Bella Saratoga looked good on the internet, so we took a chance. It turned out to be a very pleasant surprise. It's right on the way to the winery, and parking is nearby. Indoor or outdoor dining is available, full bar, and soft live music. Great place to sit outside and people-watch. They have an extensive menu, and all four of us were very pleased with the meal. I had the gorgonzola salad with candied pecans, and veal piccata. My friend had the filet, and it looked awesome! Portions were generous and delicious, and prices very reasonable. I would definitely recommend this place to friends, and will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/1/2014We have been going to Bella Saratoga for many years. Over the years, the food quality has remained the same, the servers are friendly and professional, the ambiente is great-just the right mix between relaxed and special occasion dining.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience2foodiesDined on 5/31/2014Grabbed dinner here before a Mountain Winery concert and it was just a treat. The warm bread with the delicious spread started out the meal perfectly. The homemade pasta was delicious as well as the veal piccata! And to make the evening even better beautiful music that was just a pleasure to listen to while dining al fresco! We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and fun patio diningDonncaDined on 5/29/2014Love this place! Great food, good wine list, friendly service. Just wish they read my special notes in the Open Table reservation. It was my husband's birthday and I wanted them to make some mention of that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesCFTamDined on 5/29/2014Bella Saratoga is one of my favorite restaurants. It has good food, good service and a comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:
- Lovely EveningDanoDined on 5/24/2014The pasta was all homemade and Filet was scrumptuous. Portions were a bit small but overall everything was excellent.Special Features:
- Mother's Day DinnerMarshgirl1VIPDined on 5/11/2014My husband took me to Bella Saratoga for an early dinner on Mother's Day. The restaurant is located in the small town of Saratoga in an old Victorian. It was very loud as we were seated right next to a giddy trio of young women. I had braised short ribs with polenta and brussels sprouts. My husband had a delicious and fork tender filet mignon. The food was excellent, the service was not. Our waiter was very busy checking out everything else. When speaking to us he kept looking at other places in the restaurant. We sat quite some time before our dishes were cleared and coffee ordered. I would return for the great food and hope for better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedfoodielover55Dined on 5/11/2014Skip this tourist trap of a restaurant. We went to Bella Saratoga for Mother's Day dinner and we were extremely disappointed with the food. They could not even manage to prepare traditional Italian foods properly as the chicken piccatta was dry and had no sauce, the lasagna was old and flavorless, and the veal with shrimp was tough and flavorless. The food was over priced and the old building needs renovating. No attention to detail at all. The waiter was nice and tried to accommodate us by returning our main courses but only returned with equally awful food. We suggest the management should be changed and more supervision over the kitchen. The restaurant could use a good cleaning and updating.