3715 Nicholasville Road
Lexington, KY 40503Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bellalexington.com/
- Phone: 8592451789x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 11:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Kevin Toyoda
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let us know about your office lunch, an off-site party or any other event that we can cater for you. Choose from our full menu or let us know if you have any special requests. No group is too small or large!
- Private Party Facilities: We have a couple options available for private parties including an intimate room accommodating up to 23 people, and a romantic patio (heated/cooled, depending on the weather) with a fireplace and white linen covered tables, which comfortably seats up to 60 people. We offer several differently priced set menu options and we are happy to accommodate any special requests to the best of our ability. Contact our private party manager to set up your next event!
- Private Party Contact: Tiffany Blair 8592451789x
- Entertainment: Dine with us Friday or Saturday evening & be amazed by our magician while you're enjoying your meal!
A word from Bella Notte
Bella Notte means Beautiful Night in Italian. Join us at our table & let us create your beautiful dining experience! This is a place to satisfy the appetite with Italian gusto. Enjoy the season's freshest ingredients and some unique dishes that are sure to become your next favorite! Remember, in Italy food & drink don't just make it possible to live, they're a part of what makes life worth living.Continued
Italians say, "A tavolo non s'invecchia".
(People do not get old at the table)-spend enough time at ours and you'll believe it's true!
Italians say, "A tavolo non s'invecchia".
(People do not get old at the table)-spend enough time at ours and you'll believe it's true!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Bella Notte - Best Restaurants in Lexington ›
Bella Notte reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (17)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (16)great for lunch (11)notable wine list (11)kid-friendly (10)neighborhood gem (10)romantic (8)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Awful serviceElenDined on 8/21/2014Bad service , ok food... Was expecting more for the money. Nice atmosphere but, they need to train their staff
- Good choiceSpicycatDined on 8/21/2014Food was good, value good, service was nice if a little slow. Overall a good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun but room for improvementjj1313Dined on 8/13/2014I think the food was good. We had a lot of fun for my birthday. My thoughts mostly is some improvement with the way the food and presentation on how family style should be served to the patrons. It could be smoother and less Kaos. Support from other waiters to help each other in serving would be most helpful, professional and expedient. The bread is fabulous! One item on the menu had too much pepper. The rest scrumptous. With a few tweets it would really be perfect. All in all, we would go back. Nothing that isn't fixable from management training.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LCSBLCSBVIPDined on 8/11/2014Food was delicious. Preparation requests were accommodated. Server was friendly and attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!!PickyPalateDined on 8/7/2014Great low-key girl's night dinner. Our server was attentive without hovering and knowledgeable when asked for wine recommendations. Bella Notte never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticJbeamDined on 7/29/2014I would highly recommend Bella Notte! The atmosphere was wonderful. Very romantic for a dinner date. We will definitely be back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy ItalianTNPrincessVIPDined on 6/23/2014Herb mix for bread is out there of this world. Would definitely go back when I'm in Lexington.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsStevenlexDined on 6/15/2014The Title says it all. The only mistake they ever made was discontinuing 'angel hair' pasta for about six months. This was some years ago! The food, wine and ambience can't be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fresh and fabulousLexdinerVIPDined on 6/11/2014Terrific dinner! Sea bass was wonderful. Nice wine selection, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hope to ReturnxpatsuitcaseDined on 6/9/2014We had a delightful meal, due to quality food and a waitress who steered us toward some smart ordering. We were going to order 2 appetizers, but she suggested the mixed one with fried zuccini, mozarella, and calamari. My meal was a penne arrabiata with a choice of shrimp or chicken. I was having a hard time making up my mind, so she offered it with half of each---no extra cost. It was excellent. My husband had a rigatoni with sausage that was also delicious. The berry dessert with limoncello cream was the best dessert we've had in a long time. Creamy and yet light. Highly recommend this place. The food is more inspired family cooking than gourmet. (Approx $65 for the above plus 2 glasses of wine, inc tax and tip.)Special Features:
- DebzDined on 5/31/2014Great food. Chef is willing to please individual taste. Waitress was outstanding!Special Features:
- KarenDined on 5/24/2014Food and service excellent. Many families out on Sat. Night. We had scallops on linguine which was very good. Also asparagus grilles was just great.Special Features:
- Excellent find!ciaobabyDined on 5/23/2014We picked this restaurant due to the convenient location and because its Italian. We hit the jackpot! Great menu, numerous choices. Food was excellent, service was outstanding! If I'm in or near Lexington again I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Bella Note - supremo!lexDinerDined on 5/15/2014Our table for 8 was waiting. It was a hopping atmosphere, lots of energy. Our waiter was superb, catered to every need, on the spot. Excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little bit ItalianNessieDined on 5/12/2014Pity it was located on the edge of a mall...car park was full at.6.30pm. Few folk were waiting but thanks to open table we walked right in. It was very noisy with tables of 5 and 6 kids per family but a fair number of couples. Had a good sized wine list but only 4 reds from Italy...very disappointing for anyone with a good wine sense. A couple were from Argentina but most were from California...this gave me the feeling that this was not owned by an Italian....the food was good overall and would encourage us to return if in the area...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 329 reviews are from the Bella Notte reviews archive.
- Great food, service, and atmosphereAJMBLAZERDined on 4/26/2014My fiancee and I love Bella Notte. We've never had anything but the best food, service, and experiences while dining here. The prices are more than reasonable and the quality of the food is amazing. I've been to other places that were less authentic than Olive Garden but twice as expensive as Bella Notte. If you want Italian in Lexington, go to Bella Notte.Special Features:
- Perfect fitMoCo4VIPDined on 4/23/2014Our evening gathering of friends who hadn't been together for 30 years could not have been more wonderful thanks to the ambience, food and staff at Bella Notte. In fact, it was so perfect we got take out from here for lunch the next day. You cannot go wrong hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to normal standardsScarlettDined on 4/13/2014My family recently dined at this restaurant, it was my 3rd visit. This visit was on a Sunday night, and it was not busy. The quality of the food was off. The server could not tell us what beer they had, and they don't have a beer list. 2 people didn't like their dinner, and the desserts were prepared and baked incorrectly. For example the apple crisp couldn't be eaten by 4 people, it was way over spiced with cloves. The cappuccino machine was broken.
- Great Italian diningKeenelandbobDined on 4/11/2014Found this spot by chance on internet looking for dining spots near Keeneland. Great food and ambiance. Will definitely go back to this spot the next time I am in Lexington!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was horrible had 4MbowlerDined on 4/11/2014Service was horrible had 4 different people that came to table and couldn't even clear plates and empty glasses. Issues with two of our parties entrees that were sent back and a manager couldn't even bother to stop by and apologize oh and that was after our entrees came at staggered times in a 6 minute time span. Would never go back back.
- Great food large portionsBR8675309Dined on 4/11/2014Need to share due to large portions , family style is fun to sample variety!Special Features:
- BusylosingstreaksDined on 4/11/2014Bella Notte was busy on this friday night. despite this we were seated near out reserved time. the service was very attentive and the food was very good with the pasta perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- Friday evening, after the racetrackiggy32Dined on 4/11/2014This was my first time visiting this restaurant and I will be back. Diana knew it was our first time and was patient even though it was a busy Friday 6 p.m. Calamari was five star, not greasy and a "single" order was more than enough for two. Three dipping sauces were offered, a first for me and each was good. The wine list was "just enough", not overwhelming and Diana knew her stuff! Pasta's came very hot! (Thank you!). Grated cheese was plentiful (Thank you!). I rarely order dessert, and the flourless cake called our name. Very tasty! Many servers tended to our table of two, thank you, we will return! Leftovers rock!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014We love Bella Notte and are never disappointed with the food or service! It is one of our favorites!Special Features:
- NEVER DISAPPOINTS !!BulldoggyVIPDined on 4/4/2014We love this place....although we are not fond of sitting in the back of the restaurant...we like to sit where the tree is in the center of the room and they did move us. The bread is great.....hot and crispy..I adore the tomato basil soup with chicken...most of the time with a salad I don't need anything else. This time I had the penne a la bella..(I think that is the name) and it was delicious...also had to have a cup of the tomato basil soup....My husband had the chicken alfredo and he loved it. They have their new spring menu and it looks wonderful. Our waiter was a little remiss but quite frankly that is not the norm they are usually very quick and helpful. I think that he just got too busy. The salad are great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kentucky's finest!ParkerDined on 3/29/2014My wife and I were in town to do the Bourbon Trail and we wanted some local fare... The service was outstanding and the food was refreshing and the seasonal menu offered new things. Would def suggest this place for a couples dinner, or family meal. You will not leave hungry and the bread was the shining star of the table, it was insanely good.Special Features:
- great restaurantblckpplsmellDined on 3/28/2014This restaurant is the best! it's the most authentic, delicious Italian food that one could possibly experience, plus the service is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/28/2014We're from out of town, and it was our first time dining. Loved the atmosphere. It was quaint and intimate for my husband and I (dining without the kids) but casual and loud enough to be family friendly. Food was delicious, service was great. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in Town!TDawgDined on 3/23/2014My family and I have loved Bella Notte for years! They have the best bread for dipping in olive oil, great appetizers, and a no-fail selection of main courses. Their waiting staff know the wine list well, and can offer intelligent wine pairings with any entre. Save room for dessert...any dessert on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian LasagnaMitchDined on 3/23/2014In my Italian family we have a saying about Italian restaurants: their lasagna is the best gauge for their quality as an Italian restaurant, and if it's as good as the real thing, it's worth going back to and trying everything else. And Belle Notte is the best I've found so far, so I'm highly recommending it for anyone searching for great Italian food, including Italian food snobs like my father. I heard the chef went to Italy to try different lasagna recipes and came back with several, and the current one on the menu got the highest vote from the restaurant staff. Kudos to them, not only for their tastes, but also service. And great prices for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding mealChicoDined on 3/21/2014We were in Lexington for the weekend at a soccer tournament. We came an evening early to have dinner at Bella Notte. My wife had eaten there in the past and loved it. Her and my daughter have celiac disease, and get very ill if they consume even trace amounts of gluten. The restaurant was very receptive, our server was on the ball, and the food was incredible. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who may be dining with celiac disease or with someone who has celiac. Thanks again, and though you are 90 minutes away, we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second time still had a blast.amazingsalmon67Dined on 3/16/2014This was my second time at Bella Notte, while I did not know much about what to have for dinner I was able to make to a great choice. The waiter did an amazing with service, dinner was top notch, some of the best salmon iv ever has in my life. I cant wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, ambiance, & serviceM4SLEXDined on 3/15/2014My wife and I had a date night here away from the kids. We had a nice table on the enclosed patio which allowed us plenty of time to talk, eat, and laugh. The server was very thorough explaining the menu. This was our first visit so the extra detail was welcomed. We both enjoyed pasta dishes that were delicious. We will definetly dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grade a service and amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/14/2014Grade a service and amazing food despite the price of a huge order it is totally worth it. Loved it 100% I've been coming here since I was very young.Special Features:
- Great ManagementssevernsDined on 3/7/2014The menu was very close to the menu's in Italy. The food was cooked perfectly and seasoned very well. There was enough staff to keep the tables clean, the food served and the wait staff was not overloaded with tables and were VERY attentive to their customers. The managers must be very good to work for and with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated a 25th birthday!ruokanneDined on 3/7/2014Made a reservation through Open Table the day before the dinner and the restaurant had the table on time. We were a little late getting there due to Friday night traffic and this caused no problems even though the restaurant was very busy. The staff was pleasant, helpful, polite and well-trained. The food was excellent and well timed. The service was the best I've received in Lexington. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants excellent service and food in an Italian-country villa themed restaurant. The bar, on its own, had a very nice ambiance. The bread is unsurpassed! Best italian restaurant in the Bluegrass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Passing through LexingtonChrisDined on 3/1/2014The entrees were well prepared and presented and the warm loaf of bread was delicious. The baked Romano rigatoni was full of flavour but the ravioli was tasteless and the pasta was undercooked. The cappuccino was well made and plentiful. The waiter, who was anxious to pass along his life history, was fairly inept. All in all, a decent restaurant with well-priced food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightLexDinerDined on 2/27/2014The restaurant accommodated my reservation request for location. The waitress did not rush us to order and had a great suggestion for an entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBrewerDined on 2/15/2014Excellent food at very fair prices. The ambiance is great for a dinner with your significant other. Very good wine selection as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014My girlfriend and I had a very pleasant experience. The setting is relaxed and romantic. The restaurant has dim lighting, and background music playing through speakers at a reasonable level. Overall, it has a classic, Italian feel without feeling overly gimmicky. We went on Saturday night at dinner time, and it was incredibly packed. Fortunately, we had a reservation and were promptly seated. Our waiter was nice and friendly, and the food was very good. In addition, he offered a free dessert of these "almond/chocolate" ball treats due to it being Valentine's Day, and they were quite delicious. All in all, I would recommend this to any friend or family member for a special occasion or "nicer" romantic meal - date night, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.