3715 Nicholasville Road
Lexington, KY 40503Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bellalexington.com/
- Phone: 8592451789x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 11:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Kevin Toyoda
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let us know about your office lunch, an off-site party or any other event that we can cater for you. Choose from our full menu or let us know if you have any special requests. No group is too small or large!
- Private Party Facilities: We have a couple options available for private parties including an intimate room accommodating up to 23 people, and a romantic patio (heated/cooled, depending on the weather) with a fireplace and white linen covered tables, which comfortably seats up to 60 people. We offer several differently priced set menu options and we are happy to accommodate any special requests to the best of our ability. Contact our private party manager to set up your next event!
- Private Party Contact: Tiffany Blair 8592451789x
- Entertainment: Dine with us Friday or Saturday evening & be amazed by our magician while you're enjoying your meal!
A word from Bella Notte
Bella Notte means Beautiful Night in Italian. Join us at our table & let us create your beautiful dining experience! This is a place to satisfy the appetite with Italian gusto. Enjoy the season's freshest ingredients and some unique dishes that are sure to become your next favorite! Remember, in Italy food & drink don't just make it possible to live, they're a part of what makes life worth living.Continued
Italians say, "A tavolo non s'invecchia".
(People do not get old at the table)-spend enough time at ours and you'll believe it's true!
Italians say, "A tavolo non s'invecchia".
(People do not get old at the table)-spend enough time at ours and you'll believe it's true!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bella Notte - Best Restaurants in Lexington ›
Bella Notte reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (22)fit for foodies (16)notable wine list (15)romantic (15)neighborhood gem (14)good for groups (10)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Dinner with my WifeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014This was our first visit and we will return the food and service was outstanding and we will return when we visit Lexington again, outstanding job staff and management we plan on recommending this great restaurant to all our friends in Lexington KYSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Best Itailian restaurant Ever! Wish I lived closer!Special Features:
- Popular for a ReasonxpatsuitcaseDined on 10/24/2014The food is good, the prices are reasonable, the atmosphere is warm and inviting. This restaurant is often busy due to its accessible menu and knowledgeable wait staff. I haven't eaten in any other Italian restaurants in Lexington, so I can't compare. This one is good enough to have earned my repeat business.Special Features:
- Extrreme Disappointment!pickypassengerVIPDined on 10/22/2014Extremely poor service and food preparation, even after very careful ordering, with the server acknowledging our special request for al dente pasta, which could not be done because all the pasta is already boiled. This place is not inexpensive and not half the food quality, service or consistency of Carrabba's. After I tracked down the manager and made my case for dropping a fresh batch of dried pasta in boiling water to my desired al dente consistency, first he said it couldn't be done because they were too crowded, and then he somehow found a way to do it. Of course, I was eating my side pasta way after I had finished my entree. Skip this place and find a Carrabba's.
- Nice place. Good foodMikeAndDined on 10/17/2014Was a bit concerned seeing the restaurant in front on a mall but not to worry. Food was outstanding. Had Baked Rigatoni Romano and Penne Gorgonzola. Portions were large. Maybe a but too large. No room for dessert so we settled for "caps". This restaurant is very inexpensive given the quality of the food. My only criticism is the noise level which is on the high side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrankDined on 10/17/2014We go there often. It's always a pleasant experience....nice in every way. Also, they offer a nice variety of glutten free options.Special Features:
- Always an enjoyable experienceArthightDined on 10/11/2014Well-trained wait and support staff - attentive without being intrusive. Love the food and the new (to us) wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing establishmentDateNightDined on 10/11/2014Came here for a date with my girlfriend, food and service was excellent. Has a nice atmosphere for any occasion and a great menu.Special Features:
- Good FoodcharmandatmosphereDined on 10/10/2014This is a good restaurant but would not call it outstanding. Food was good and reasonably priced. Souffle was very good. Probably will return but perhaps not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2014Charming and friendly. Great spot for dinner after the races!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014Delicious food at reasonable prices. The warm bread and olive oil with herbs for dipping is a genuine treat.
- Twice in a weekSteveDined on 9/28/2014We have jutted moved to Lexington and we're trying out many new restaurants before we move into our new home. We liked Bella Notte so well we have eaten there twice this week. Will definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Great food and great service. I arrived around 15 minutes earlier than my reservation but was instantly seated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service and foodJimmyMDined on 9/20/2014Busy Saturday evening dinner. We were promptly seated when we arrive with our reservation, and noted they were super busy with people waiting to get in. Ordered a bottle of wine with dinner and food arrived very fast. Wife's dinner was great, but my steak pasta dish was a little over cooked. Server noticed it and the manager came over and offered free dessert to appease the situation. That was not necessary but we appreciated it. Would recommend and go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BNFANDined on 9/12/2014Repeat customer. Stella card holder. Have traveled and dined extensively, enough to know that Bella Notte has a unique combination of superb food, excellent service, and ambiance/decor. Overall, an excellent value. A must visit when we have out of town guests.Special Features:
- Good Food - Great ServiceJenBDined on 9/10/2014Had dinner there the other night. Very nice inside… tables a little tight. Service was awesome. Great job Paige.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, respectable service.Miya1LuvDined on 9/2/2014Thank you, to my waitress, the manager, and the other co workers that where so helpful & attentive. Simple dining, was truly a simple pleasure. Great place to dine. The food was made to perfection, with the perfect wine paired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful serviceElenDined on 8/21/2014Bad service , ok food... Was expecting more for the money. Nice atmosphere but, they need to train their staff
- Good choiceSpicycatDined on 8/21/2014Food was good, value good, service was nice if a little slow. Overall a good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun but room for improvementjj1313Dined on 8/13/2014I think the food was good. We had a lot of fun for my birthday. My thoughts mostly is some improvement with the way the food and presentation on how family style should be served to the patrons. It could be smoother and less Kaos. Support from other waiters to help each other in serving would be most helpful, professional and expedient. The bread is fabulous! One item on the menu had too much pepper. The rest scrumptous. With a few tweets it would really be perfect. All in all, we would go back. Nothing that isn't fixable from management training.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LCSBLCSBVIPDined on 8/11/2014Food was delicious. Preparation requests were accommodated. Server was friendly and attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!!PickyPalateDined on 8/7/2014Great low-key girl's night dinner. Our server was attentive without hovering and knowledgeable when asked for wine recommendations. Bella Notte never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticJbeamDined on 7/29/2014I would highly recommend Bella Notte! The atmosphere was wonderful. Very romantic for a dinner date. We will definitely be back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 338 reviews are from the Bella Notte reviews archive.
- yummy ItalianTNPrincessVIPDined on 6/23/2014Herb mix for bread is out there of this world. Would definitely go back when I'm in Lexington.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsStevenlexDined on 6/15/2014The Title says it all. The only mistake they ever made was discontinuing 'angel hair' pasta for about six months. This was some years ago! The food, wine and ambience can't be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fresh and fabulousLexdinerVIPDined on 6/11/2014Terrific dinner! Sea bass was wonderful. Nice wine selection, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hope to ReturnxpatsuitcaseDined on 6/9/2014We had a delightful meal, due to quality food and a waitress who steered us toward some smart ordering. We were going to order 2 appetizers, but she suggested the mixed one with fried zuccini, mozarella, and calamari. My meal was a penne arrabiata with a choice of shrimp or chicken. I was having a hard time making up my mind, so she offered it with half of each---no extra cost. It was excellent. My husband had a rigatoni with sausage that was also delicious. The berry dessert with limoncello cream was the best dessert we've had in a long time. Creamy and yet light. Highly recommend this place. The food is more inspired family cooking than gourmet. (Approx $65 for the above plus 2 glasses of wine, inc tax and tip.)Special Features:
- DebzDined on 5/31/2014Great food. Chef is willing to please individual taste. Waitress was outstanding!Special Features:
- KarenDined on 5/24/2014Food and service excellent. Many families out on Sat. Night. We had scallops on linguine which was very good. Also asparagus grilles was just great.Special Features:
- Excellent find!ciaobabyDined on 5/23/2014We picked this restaurant due to the convenient location and because its Italian. We hit the jackpot! Great menu, numerous choices. Food was excellent, service was outstanding! If I'm in or near Lexington again I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Bella Note - supremo!lexDinerDined on 5/15/2014Our table for 8 was waiting. It was a hopping atmosphere, lots of energy. Our waiter was superb, catered to every need, on the spot. Excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little bit ItalianNessieDined on 5/12/2014Pity it was located on the edge of a mall...car park was full at.6.30pm. Few folk were waiting but thanks to open table we walked right in. It was very noisy with tables of 5 and 6 kids per family but a fair number of couples. Had a good sized wine list but only 4 reds from Italy...very disappointing for anyone with a good wine sense. A couple were from Argentina but most were from California...this gave me the feeling that this was not owned by an Italian....the food was good overall and would encourage us to return if in the area...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service, and atmosphereAJMBLAZERDined on 4/26/2014My fiancee and I love Bella Notte. We've never had anything but the best food, service, and experiences while dining here. The prices are more than reasonable and the quality of the food is amazing. I've been to other places that were less authentic than Olive Garden but twice as expensive as Bella Notte. If you want Italian in Lexington, go to Bella Notte.Special Features:
- Perfect fitMoCo4VIPDined on 4/23/2014Our evening gathering of friends who hadn't been together for 30 years could not have been more wonderful thanks to the ambience, food and staff at Bella Notte. In fact, it was so perfect we got take out from here for lunch the next day. You cannot go wrong hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to normal standardsScarlettDined on 4/13/2014My family recently dined at this restaurant, it was my 3rd visit. This visit was on a Sunday night, and it was not busy. The quality of the food was off. The server could not tell us what beer they had, and they don't have a beer list. 2 people didn't like their dinner, and the desserts were prepared and baked incorrectly. For example the apple crisp couldn't be eaten by 4 people, it was way over spiced with cloves. The cappuccino machine was broken.
- Great Italian diningKeenelandbobDined on 4/11/2014Found this spot by chance on internet looking for dining spots near Keeneland. Great food and ambiance. Will definitely go back to this spot the next time I am in Lexington!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was horrible had 4MbowlerDined on 4/11/2014Service was horrible had 4 different people that came to table and couldn't even clear plates and empty glasses. Issues with two of our parties entrees that were sent back and a manager couldn't even bother to stop by and apologize oh and that was after our entrees came at staggered times in a 6 minute time span. Would never go back back.
- Great food large portionsBR8675309Dined on 4/11/2014Need to share due to large portions , family style is fun to sample variety!Special Features:
- BusylosingstreaksDined on 4/11/2014Bella Notte was busy on this friday night. despite this we were seated near out reserved time. the service was very attentive and the food was very good with the pasta perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- Friday evening, after the racetrackiggy32Dined on 4/11/2014This was my first time visiting this restaurant and I will be back. Diana knew it was our first time and was patient even though it was a busy Friday 6 p.m. Calamari was five star, not greasy and a "single" order was more than enough for two. Three dipping sauces were offered, a first for me and each was good. The wine list was "just enough", not overwhelming and Diana knew her stuff! Pasta's came very hot! (Thank you!). Grated cheese was plentiful (Thank you!). I rarely order dessert, and the flourless cake called our name. Very tasty! Many servers tended to our table of two, thank you, we will return! Leftovers rock!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.