1374 W Grand Ave
Chicago, IL 60642Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bellanottechicago.com/
- Phone: 3127335136x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday -Thusday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Fri 11:00am - 11:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Ramon Aguirre
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: let us customize a menu for your event of any size from 8-2000 people
contact Ramon at 312-733-5136 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
View our menus at http://bellanottechicago.com/index-4.php
- Private Party Facilities: Bella Notte serves for many different occasions whether it be for a private party, or a luncheon party we serve all.
- Private Party Contact: Ramon F Aguirre 8886130276
- Entertainment: none
- Special Events: We have private dining rooms that can accommodate parties of 15- 110 guests.
view our menus at http://bellanottechicago.com/index-4.php
A word from Bella Notte
Welcome to Bella Notte, located just west of downtown Chicago, Bella Notte specializes in fine Italian Cuisine. Home-Made Pastas and our award winning Veal chops. Whatever your taste buds may crave.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bella Notte reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (9)romantic (7)fit for foodies (6)notable wine list (5)special occasion (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014We had great service and the food was fantastic. Our server made great recommendations and was very helpful with the menu. We'll definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joyfullVIPDined on 8/1/2014It's been a while since I had been to Bella Notte. Food is still fabulous. Waitstaff is excellent. I'm so happy we were able to get in at the last minute. joyfullSpecial Features:
- Great food good valueOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/19/2014You get a lot of food in a full portion. They include the option of half orders on many of their dishes. Very enjoyable meal nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticStubbornSotoDined on 7/13/2014I wish I lived closer to this gem. It's authentic Italian food and decent prices. The service was fabulous. Our waitress acted more like a family aunt who's house we went to go visit and wanted us to enjoy every minute of our stay. Great time with my family to celebrate my birthday dinner. Thank you!Special Features:
- DeliciousLPOOVIPDined on 7/11/2014The food was delicious, service was great! Nice romantic restaurant. Nice sized portions of food and we ordered the half order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!DowntownDinerVIPDined on 7/9/2014Best pasta in Chicago! A great neighborhood find in easy proximity to the United Center.Special Features:
- mushy salt explosioneye8VIPDined on 6/19/2014fresh ingredients in a very nice setting but everything we had was wet and insanely over salted
- Classic Italian Done Very WellFANTASTICDined on 6/8/2014We really love the restaurant and have gone there as a family for years. The cold food comes on cold plates and the hot food on hot plates, how novel! Everything is above average with the stars being Calamari (I've not had the Octopus yet), house salad, linguine with clams, mussels, chicken and veal dishes are wonderful. I was disappointed by the Cavatelli this visit...too doughy but in the past it's been light and yummy. Square noodles and Vodka sauce always awesome...they make such a great tomato sauce!!!Special Features:
- Very Accommodatingmpm6VIPDined on 6/7/2014Had a party of 10 last weekend and needed to be out at a certain time for the theatre. No Problem. Service was Fantastic.... I aksed if I could have Egg Plant Parmesian which was Not on the menu - No Problem !! Great old Style Italian ! One of the Best in the City !Special Features:
- The following 109 reviews are from the Bella Notte reviews archive.
- We love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2014We come here for all if our special events, birthdays, anniversaries, etcSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic to entertain clientsARumboDined on 5/19/2014I was searching through the restaurant lists on Opentable to try and entertain one of my biggest clients and came across Bella Notte. I was so impressed with the atmosphere and the wine list. If you want to take some people out for a fantastic night go here.Special Features:
- GREAT find!!!Foodie1Dined on 5/18/2014The portions were huge and the quality was impeccable!Special Features:
- Top Italian Restaurant in the CityRobertaDined on 5/15/2014If you want absolutely exceptional food, wine and service, Bella Notte delivers. I've held business group dinners here, had birthday celebration dinners, and just dined here to get a good Italian food fix. Get a reservation for sure. I almost hate to write about this restaurant - it is that good, and will be just more popular. If you are Italian, you will really appreciate this place. It is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummyfoodieDined on 5/3/2014The food was very good and at a reasonable price. We really love going there and look forward to our meals with our friends there. We had not been there for about a year and were really excited to go back. We were not disappointed.Special Features:
- never againhawkmeisterDined on 4/23/2014hard to review the food since we never got any. we waited over an hour and then had to leave so as not to be late to the game. no one came over to tell us that they were running late or to offer something to munch on. the manager was non existent. someone should have made a gesture and acknowledged the awful service - whether it was complimentary drinks or . . .something. instead we got a bill for drinks and not a word of apology. we encountered another group while waiting for our car that had the identical experience - never got their dinner. the best of the evening was the valet car parker who refused to take any money when he learned that we never had dinner. . . . that valet should have been running the entire operation.
- Bella, BellamickVIPDined on 4/12/2014Excellent food, great portions and service. I cant wait to go back and have already recommended this restaurant to my friends! Mike RSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home style ItalianNSwmsbgVIPDined on 4/11/2014This is an old time neighborhood spot for home style Italian food. The pasta is well prepared with sauce like mom used to make. We enjoyed getting together with friends at this spot; the drinks are great, appetizers wonderful and entrees that you have to share.Special Features:
- Great food and service. AdequateOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/6/2014Great food and service. Adequate portions! Small home feeling. Always consistent. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From Oregon- great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014We were referred to go here by a friend. We were staying downtown on Michigan avenue, but they assured us it would be worth the cab ride. Excellent food and to say reasonably priced would be an understatement. The prices were fantastic! Portions are huge. True Italian food. ALl around great meal and atmosphere and service was excellent and attentive. We will be back next time we are in Chicago and will be sure to tell our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is our second time here,enjoyingitVIPDined on 3/9/2014This is our second time here, and both times the food was delicious, wonderful pasta, the vodka cream sauce melts in your mouth. We shared a grilled seafood appetizer that was so tasty. Looking forward to the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best everOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014The food was awesome. I had the Shrimp Fridiavolo and omg. My Sist had the Chicken Marsala it was like an organism in my mouth. The staff was very polite and energetic. Bella Notte mademy birthday awesome. Would like to come again some day very soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All the classics done wellgutleatherVIPDined on 3/4/2014All the classics done well and available in 1/2 orders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wary of Large PortionsDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 2/25/2014Although this restaurant was recommended for great food, I would not use that adjetive. The food was fine, but not really good and certainly not greatjk. I was warned about the very large portions and all of us (two adults, two older children) had 1/2 portions, which was way more than enough. I have now decided to stay away from those restaurants that they and their patrons tout as having large portions. Those types of restaurants just don't have what I would consider great food. I did like the ambiance though.
- Glad to have found Bella NotteSaturdaynightVIPDined on 2/23/2014We're always looking for a new Italian place, and this was a good find. Portions are large if you get the full size (loved the leftovers) and a good value. Generous pour on the wine. Nice big selection of entrees too. Service was good, although it was quiet on the Sunday night we were there. Found free parking on the street too! Only complaint was they didn't have meat sauce -- marinara was good, but I prefer meat sauce. We didn't try the vodka sauce or alfredo, but we'll be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bella Notte has great foodLarryVIPDined on 2/15/2014Bella Notte has great food in large quantities. Service was professiona, though not overly attentive. It is set up to provide great food to the pre -basketball/ hockey crowd at the United Center. Half portions are a full meal for most eop lie. Order a full portion only if you want to take food home. We loved the food and found the service more than adequate for our needs. We ate on the second floor. The area was less noisy than the first floor. The server had too many at tables, but had a reasonable amount of support staff. We would definitely go back. We took home leftovers, and ate them the next day. They were as good as they were when we wate them at the restaurant. The first floor is much hosier. We preferred the second floor quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My New Best Chicago Italian RestaurOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/15/2014My starter, Sausage and Peppers, was as good as any I have had. Others at our table, highly recommended the veal entrees. If you order the full potions, be prepared to eat. Couples might consider sharing a full portion and an appetizer. The ambience is quaint and well lighted. The bar is a comfortable place to relax waiting for your table. Maria concocted a great drink for my daughter using Frangelico as a base. The wine list had a wide variety of Italian and American wines. Since most of our table had veal, I chose and Italian Barolo, which I tasted and accepted. The server was knowledgeable and helpful selecting our entrees. Valet parking is available. Reservations are a must, especially on the week-end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diining experiencemuzzyVIPDined on 2/15/2014I have had dinner several times with excellent food, service, etc. The food was just fair, our waiter offered to take back for another dish or replace but we rejected, I would go back it could have been just a bad night.Special Features:
- One of our favorite neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/14/2014One of our favorite neighborhood restaurants. Great chicken marsala. The sauce is excellent with a fine marsala wine flavor. The minestrone soup is very good.Special Features:
- Pretty Damn GoodMichelleDined on 2/14/2014Went on Valentines Day & it was VERY packed but the 2 hosts; who were brothers were AWESOME! Victor upstairs took care of us & sat us promptly for our 9pm reservation. Service was good & very attentive. I have to say I was not impressed w/ the baked clams..very chewy & fishy but the sauce was good. The Fried calamari needed a little bit more flavor but otherwise fried lightly * VERY crisp! I had the 1/2 order of linguine w/ broc & shrimp....OUTSTANDING!!!! MY bf had the meat raviolis..& THEY WERE COOKED TO PEREFECTION & DELISH!!! I can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for valentines dayGenevamomVIPDined on 2/14/2014Very noisy and way too dark. Service was very slow and food disappointing. Waiter did not check back throughout meal and coffee was cold. Not great for romantic dinner but maybe for a weeknight with familySpecial Features:
- Highly recommendGbabyDined on 2/14/2014This restaurant had amazing service and great good. Try the mussels!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great meal. The chickenOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/13/2014Had a great meal. The chicken marsala is among the best of any we have ever had. The salads are more than generous and can be shared by 2 or even 3 guests. We have always enjoyed this restaurant and look forward to other fine meals there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The PlaceSteveVIPDined on 1/8/2014Bella Notte is always the "place" whether for business or pleasure. They have a nice menu but generally will make you whatever you want. It comes out hot and well presented. All the staff are attentive, smiling and helpful. They will move things along if you're going to the United Center or allow a leisurely pace if you just drop in for dinner.Special Features:
- DisappointingHaveappetitewilltravelDined on 12/31/2013My husband and I thought this would be a good place for New Years Eve. As soon as we walked in, the greeting was perfunctory, but our reservation was not delayed. Our waiter never smiled, and answered our questions with quick yes or no answers. The grilled calamari was very tasty, but our chicken cacciatore and chicken Parmesan were average at best. We weren't told that salad came with dinner, and the server bruskly told us as he set the salads in front of us. Mine was drenched in dressing, and I couldn't eat it. On a good note, the tiramisu was amazing. Best I've ever had.Special Features:
- SuburbFoodiesSuburbFoodiesVIPDined on 12/29/2013Food was great. Portions are very large - even the half orders. We chose half orders and still could have split a half between 2 of us. The sauce is great. Everything is made fresh as you order it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencedivine89Dined on 12/14/2013I didn't know what to expect because I had heard good and bad but I'm glad I came I came with a group we had many request and they fulfilled every need. Our waiter was great he checked on us when needed when we asked about certain dishes he described them so well. The food was great we all shared 3different dishes and we had appetizers which were very filling. Its a small place but it felt cozy to us. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SensationalOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/29/2013Always delicious and joyous. This is one of my favorite spots of all time.Special Features:
- Good Ol' ItalianCb15Dined on 11/29/2013A good spot for a low key dinner. Gets crowded on a Friday night but clears out fairly early. And great bread. Really great bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite satisfyingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/25/2013The Real Deal; just what I was looking for for my birthday dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was very niceDewiVIPDined on 11/15/2013food was very good... portions are great... full portion is gigantic... menu doesn't have too many choices... but quality was really nice...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.