1201 Laskin Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23451Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bellamontevb.com/
- Phone: (757) 425-6290
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For over 25 years, Bella Monte has been providing the best in custom catering, from the most simple of parties to the most elaborate of affairs. If you're a discriminating customer, you'll appreciate the Bell Monte difference. Quality, detail, service, confidence, unwavering consistency and flair for for producing an event that is uniquely "your own" are qualities that have put Bella Monte in a class by itself. From decor consultation to menu structuring to wine service, Bella Monte makes the occasion unforgettable.
- Private Party Facilities: Bella Monte, while not having a private room, does offer secluded areas for your private party needs. We customize the menu for each client to ensure your event is a special one. Bella Monte can accommodate parties up to 100 people. From rehearsal dinners to office parties, we will work with you to create the perfect atmosphere for your event.
- Private Party Contact: Robin Tuite 7574256290
- Entertainment: For the past 6 years, Bella Monte has been home to one of the finest Cabaret artists in the country. Charlie Wiseman has played in over 200 venues throughout the U.S. and U.K. From behind his 9-foot concert grand, Charlie gives you an evening filled with a captivating variety of theater, music and comedy. It doesn't get any better than this! "The best all-around entertainer in Hampton Roads!" - Eric Stevens, Splash Magazine "Keep playing and you can make a living!" -Duke Ellington
A word from Bella Monte
Bella Monte is possibly one of the most unique dining and shopping experiences in Virginia Beach. With over 7000 square feet of space, we feature an exceptional restaurant offering always fresh and flavorful dishes of Italian and Mediterranean cuisines. With fine wines, world class entertainment and friendly staff, Bella Monte is a favorite with locals and visitors alike. Bella Monte also has a gourmet marketplace, deli and wine shop filled with the finest foods and gifts in the area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bella Monte reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (2)fit for foodies (2)romantic (2)good for groups (2)special occasion (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Bella Monte is a gem -- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2012Bella Monte is a gem -- great menu, wondefully presented dishes, friendly & accommodating staff. Charlie at the piano will put anyone in a great mood. Bella Monte never disappoints. Don't miss shopping in their gourmet market/gift shop.Special Features:
- Nice and somewhat unique lookingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2012Nice and somewhat unique looking restaurant but we went on New Year's Eve and the service was rather slow. Plus my wife wasn't happy that they didn't have the full menu that night. She wasn't able to order what she wanted.Special Features:
- We've been coming here forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/29/2012We've been coming here for 12 years. Just love the place. Great feel, great service, warm atmosphere. The food is delicious! Staff is attentive and knowledgeable of the menu. We highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- Food was excellent. HoweverCharityVIPDined on 12/20/2012Food was excellent. However the portions were a little small - even for lunch. I had the salmon w/ roasted vegetables and for $11 for lunch it was small.Special Features:
- Always good...we eat hereroxyvbVIPDined on 11/9/2012Always good...we eat here a lot and find it to be a good place to find great food! Live music (piano) most nights.Special Features:
- GREAT NIGHT WITH LOVED ONESOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2012Extremely great night with my girlfriend and her mom. I treated her and her mom to a great dinner. She and her mom love the fact there was a pianist playing, which kept us there even longer.Special Features:
- have not visited Bella MonteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2012have not visited Bella Monte in the past few years. The food was excellent (I had the Capellini d'Pomodoro); the service was friendly and prompt and the atmosphere was casual and chic. A piano player lent his magic to the evening and all of us girls thoroughly enjoyed the music and the great food. Loved the wine but thought it was pricy even by the glass (12.00). Overall would definitely go back to Bella Monte.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2012We love Bella Monte and Charlie Wiseman at the piano!Special Features:
- This was our second visitGoodToGoVIPDined on 9/21/2012This was our second visit to Bella Monte. We will definitely be returning! The food was great, the wine selection very good and the gelato was wonderful. Reminded us of the daily gelatos we had in Italy! We both tried different entrees again and were not disappointed. This time I thought the Caesar salad was limp and not very appetizing. I guess we're all entitled to a slip occasionally.Special Features:
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2012Bella Monte was beautiful, and the ambience was perfect. The food was perfectly done, and so good, but we were so full, we couldn't finish it all. The live piano player was phenomenal, and a great experience. I would highly recommend this place to anyone!Special Features:
- Bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/1/2012It took two hours to get our food due to a party in the back. Very poor dining experience.
- Fabulous. I make sure to eatsoupwomanDined on 9/1/2012Fabulous. I make sure to eat there when I am in town. I make the reservation months ahead.dSpecial Features:
- Great food but a bit noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2012The food was sophisticated and very well prepared and presented, but just a bit underseasoned for my palette. Everyone else at the table loved theirs. The live piano was a very nice touch but the noise from the other diners made it difficult to converse in a normal tone. I guess the concept of "use your indoor voice" dissapeard long ago in the area. The service was excellent except for when the server didn't notice that he dropped my dessert fork as he left my plate and hurried away. Overall, the experience was enjoyable and I recommend it highly if you love great food in a vibrant bistro-type atmosphere.Special Features:
- Very good food plus good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/31/2012Very good food plus good service equals a win for us. We had a 7 month old and a 4 year old with us and they couldn't have been more accomodating. We had an early reservation at 6:30 on a Friday night so it was not too crowded at that point. As we were leaving around 8:00 the place was filling up fast. We would go back the next time we are in the area.Special Features:
- This was our first trip toMaryDined on 8/29/2012This was our first trip to Bella Monte this summer and we really enjoyed it.
- We always enjoy an evening10sfoodiesDined on 8/29/2012We always enjoy an evening here. Great piano player, excellent food and wonderful wine specials. What's not to love?Special Features:
- Enjoyed the meals that weOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2012Enjoyed the meals that we both had. Service was great after they seated us. The seating took a few minutes, as there was noone to greet us. That is why the service is a 4. The Tuscan decor etc reminded us of our trip to Italy. We will definately return!Special Features:
- Worth the visitNixonVIPDined on 8/18/2012This place is the best, affordable food that is delicious, nice atmosphere and good service.Special Features:
- Fun and creatively decoratedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2012Fun and creatively decorated cafe/ deli/ Italian store. The food was good from the bread they served all the way to the chocolate cake. It's been a long time since I've had an all around great meal. Definitely plan on going back.Special Features:
- Exeellent food but a bit tooOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2012Exeellent food but a bit too pricey for frequent dining.Special Features:
- Going back for more, veryNixonVIPDined on 7/28/2012Going back for more, very good food and service was impeccable.
- Food and service were great.ccnicDined on 7/28/2012Food and service were great. This is a wonderful local restaurant with a variety of choices.Special Features:
- The 5 of us visited on a TuesdayDCVolDined on 7/17/2012The 5 of us visited on a Tuesday evening during our family vacation. Our reservation was just before closing according to the hours listed at the restaurant but the staff rolled out the "red carpet". Our meal was prepared and presented superbly. Barbie was quite enjoyable and attended us as if we were in her home. The market was well-stocked with a variety of items. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and we will most definitely return.Special Features:
- Delicious food, attentive,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012Delicious food, attentive, friendly but not overbearing service and great entertainment from the pianist/singer. A perfect dining experience.Special Features:
- The food was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2012The food was outstanding. We had a ladies night out and everyone said how good the food was.Special Features:
- They were too quick in servingBarefootincocoDined on 6/19/2012They were too quick in serving the entre as others have mentioned. We had hardly started on our salads.Special Features:
- The overall experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/9/2012The overall experience was good, I would go back. There was nothing that stood out as being over the top.Special Features:
- Wedding AniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2012Second visit, enjoyed the live piano music. Overall very good except the entree was brought to the table before we were finished with appetizer/salad.
- Quaint, Ambiance, hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/18/2012Nice quaint place. Ambiance was great, especially for two.Special Features:
- Cute and fun diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2012It's a cute place for lunch. My only problem was it took almost 10 minutes for someone to notice we were waiting to be seated.Special Features:
- Outstanding restaurant. TheBeachDinerDined on 4/28/2012Outstanding restaurant. The food, the service and the atmosphere were all fantastic.Special Features:
- We have been there a few timesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2012We have been there a few times in the past and really enjoyed it. However this time our service was poor and my husband did not like his food at all. He said we will not return. And what really turned him off was when our waitress put down her own tip.
- Bella Monte is always oneOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/3/2012Bella Monte is always one of our first choices when dining in VA Beach. The food is consistently creative and wonderful with a fine choice of entrees and wine. The piano bar is not to be missed. Bella Monte offers a number of specials where you can have fine dining at an affordable price, plus the wait staff is superb. The owner, Robin Tuitt is always there welcoming everyone and our favorite server Jacqueline greets us by name and always makes us feel at home.Special Features:
- I have been to Belle MonteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2012I have been to Belle Monte twice in the last few months for dinner and the food has been great both times.Special Features:
- As always everything (food,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2012As always everything (food, service, etc.) was great.Special Features:
- Highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/17/2012We went the night before the Shamrock marathon. The service was quick and friendly without being intrusive, and the food was very good. The atmosphere is very nice. Also, the shop that is attached is a lovely home and kitchen shop (when I saw there was a shop, I feared it was a tourist place with I heart Va t-shirts). In retrospect, very surprised we managed to get a reservation at such a great option so close to the marathon.
- Our second visit--superb overall.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2012Our second visit--superb overall. It also includes an extensive Italian foods marketplace attached to the restuarant.Special Features:
- Everything about this restaurantPatchesDined on 2/24/2012Everything about this restaurant is great including its size. The food is great the wine list just right. A wonderful place to go for a really good meal and enjoy the crowd. There is always a crowd.Special Features:
- Had a great time again. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2012Had a great time again. The piano player Charlie was fabulous as always. You can never get rid of him. This place is a great place to dine. Much more than just a place to eat~!Special Features:
- Service was sooooo slow. ItDesWilliamsDined on 2/17/2012Service was sooooo slow. It shouldn't take 15mins to get two sodas when there wasn't any crowd. Plus my ginger ale that i ordered was flat. If you are really hungry then I would recommend going somewhere with faster and more courtious serviceSpecial Features: