1201 Laskin Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23451Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bellamontevb.com/
- Phone: 7574256290
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For over 25 years, Bella Monte has been providing the best in custom catering, from the most simple of parties to the most elaborate of affairs. If you're a discriminating customer, you'll appreciate the Bell Monte difference. Quality, detail, service, confidence, unwavering consistency and flair for for producing an event that is uniquely "your own" are qualities that have put Bella Monte in a class by itself. From decor consultation to menu structuring to wine service, Bella Monte makes the occasion unforgettable.
- Private Party Facilities: Bella Monte, while not having a private room, does offer secluded areas for your private party needs. We customize the menu for each client to ensure your event is a special one. Bella Monte can accommodate parties up to 100 people. From rehearsal dinners to office parties, we will work with you to create the perfect atmosphere for your event.
- Private Party Contact: Robin Tuite 7574256290
- Entertainment: For the past 6 years, Bella Monte has been home to one of the finest Cabaret artists in the country. Charlie Wiseman has played in over 200 venues throughout the U.S. and U.K. From behind his 9-foot concert grand, Charlie gives you an evening filled with a captivating variety of theater, music and comedy. It doesn't get any better than this! "The best all-around entertainer in Hampton Roads!" - Eric Stevens, Splash Magazine "Keep playing and you can make a living!" -Duke Ellington
A word from Bella Monte
Bella Monte is possibly one of the most unique dining and shopping experiences in Virginia Beach. With over 7000 square feet of space, we feature an exceptional restaurant offering always fresh and flavorful dishes of Italian and Mediterranean cuisines. With fine wines, world class entertainment and friendly staff, Bella Monte is a favorite with locals and visitors alike. Bella Monte also has a gourmet marketplace, deli and wine shop filled with the finest foods and gifts in the area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bella Monte reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (3)special occasion (3)great for lunch (3)fit for foodies (2)romantic (2)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Always EnjoyableBoatmanDined on 9/19/2014We live 3 minutes from Bella Monte so it is our "default" establishment which in this case is a very good thing. The restaurant is visually inviting and warm with a pianist on some evenings. The food is excellent and the menu offerings varied. The Ossobuco was absolutely delicious and my wife's salmon dish very well prepared on our last visit. I highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- YOUR new favorite restaurant tooOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014I run races in Virginia Beach just so I can eat dinner here. I live in Richmond and this is my favorite restaurant. Food and service are fabulous. And the shop is a great place for giftsSpecial Features:
- Consistently goodColonelDined on 7/28/2014Food is a good value, service attentive, reservations on line worked well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- justmeDined on 7/25/2014Most enjoyable evening; excellent food. Very nice to have the piano/singing in the background.Special Features:
- The following 197 reviews are from the Bella Monte reviews archive.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014I used to go here a lot bc my friend used to be a cook way back when. However I have not been here in a year and ALOT has changed. The menu is a lot smaller and so are the portions. It took ten minutes just for the waitress to get our drink orders, there was only 3 other tables that were seated and triple that in staffing. I ordered the same thing I always have the penne ala vodka with shrimp. It was cold and the sauce had little flavor and was thin. I added on the reservation it was my husbands birthday and they didn't even say happy birthday. I'm very disappointed in the service and more so the food. I'm sorry to say that I won't be dining here for a long time :( it used to be my favorite spot.Special Features:
- Wednesday nights are specialTerryDined on 6/4/2014Wednesday Nignt's "Wine & Dine" at Bella Monte is a great bargain. The "Wine & Dine" menu presents some really interesting and tasty entrees. Service is always excellent and Charlie Wiseman's piano entertainment always make Wednesdy night dining a really enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers day family dinnerbabycakesDined on 5/10/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our family gathering here. One minor issue was our close vicinity to piano which was too loud, too often, preventing discussion. Although a nice touch, tone it down, please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- manda59dinnerBellaMonte59Dined on 5/9/2014Our dinner was quite good. The restaurant was noisy but the noise level is better than it used to be. Our waitress went home before we were finished and there was some confusion with the bill. I don't know if she quit or what the problem was. They had a large party there but I did not think that affected us.Special Features:
- Consistantly EnjoyableDragonflyDined on 5/7/2014This was girls night out (Wed) and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Our waitress (Jacquelyn) was excellent - attentive w/o being intrusive. Food was very tasty and the piano music really was a nice touch. They also offer a "Wine and Dine Wed" which is 2 salads and 2 entrees for $35. My Hubby and I will be back for that special. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- nice find in a strip mall locationrumbagodDined on 3/15/2014we were visiting from out of town and a friend recommended this place. we were impressed with the friendly staff as we walked through the gift shop side (pricey for eclectic type stuff if you're into that). the better deal was the 3 for $26 wall of wine, quite the selection and the though we never heard of any of the wines before, the descriptions were fitting and we were not disappointed when we tried a bottle the next evening. the appetizers were amazing and the main course was stunning. the servers were friendly and attentive. we would definitely recommend and revisit this place again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/15/2014I am a runner, and I sign up for races in the Virginia Beach area, just so I can go to Bella Monte. I make the reservation here before I even pay for my race number. Then, I go into the shop and find a Mothers' Day or birthday present for my mother (depending on the time of the year), and a great food treat for myself.Special Features:
- As always; "Wine & Dine" wasTerryDined on 3/5/2014As always; "Wine & Dine" was a very pleasant experience. A great menu, pleasant atmosphere with Charley's piano playing and excellent service. Our favorite restaurant!Special Features:
- The service was attentive.LolaDined on 2/15/2014The service was attentive. The food was splendid. We had studied the menu online and eager to try certain offerings. To our surprise, they were offering a special valentine menu only. Everything we ate as wonderful. We will return to try more of their offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time open table usersThomasfamDined on 2/15/2014We used open table for the first time to find somewhere to eat on the day after Valentines Day which I was quick to learn is just as busy as Valentines day for dinner. I was pleasantly surprised to see that my reservation went through without any issues using the Open Table option from Bella Monte's web page. Bella Monte is one of our favorite places so we had a really enjoyable night and yummy dinner. The rigatoni alla vodka is our favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedMikeDined on 2/14/2014We went here for Valentines day and ordered off of the special Valentine's Day Menu. For appetizer, we had the Calamari and it was just the right amount. The marinara sauce was the best sauce I've ever tasted, and the little bit of the smoky cream sauce on the side was an excellent idea. We split the Poached egg Caesar Salad. I have never heard of putting a poached egg on a Caesar salad and it was amazing. It added a creamy deliciousness that complimented the Caesar dressing perfectly. My wife got the Lobster risotto, she thoroughly enjoyed it, i got the crabmeat filet mignon, medium rare. The steak melted in my mouth and the crabmeat and mashed potatoes made it a hearty meal. We also enjoyed the complimentary bread and the house wine.Special Features:
- Locals favorite.roxyvbVIPDined on 2/7/2014As usual it was noisy..having a piano bar near the entrance keeps the noise level high. Everybody seemed to be having lots of fun…very busy, large group in the back…special event. Food was served hot and was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasantDreamerDined on 12/30/2013Although there was a mishap with my entree, the manager came over to us and apologized for the poor food plate that I had. She was very nice and made our first time visit pleasant.... I appreciate what she said and what she did for us and would definitely return. Thank you also to our waitress and the great service she provided....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeGeneDined on 12/20/2013We love this restaurant! The mood is great and the piano adds the elegant finishing touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and the EggplantTerryDined on 12/11/2013Great service and the Eggplant Napoleon on the Wednesday night menu is really good!Special Features:
- Super good timeMolar1Dined on 12/7/2013When we feel like being around good friends, good food and good music, we trek on down to Bella Monte. The staff is wonderful and warm...makes you feel right at home. The service is friendly, promt, and caring for your night out. One of our favorites!
- Always goodTybeeDined on 11/29/2013We go to Bella monte fairly often. The wait staff is wonderful. In fact, we had to be at a play, and she made sure we were out in plenty of time. Food is always yummy and specials are always notableSpecial Features:
- Never disappointedLifeisgoodDined on 11/9/2013Always consistently good food. Great salads. It's best to have reservations in the evening. Love to go for lunch when it's not so crowded. Also enjoyed the piano player at night.Special Features:
- Familiar excellenceReady2dineVIPDined on 10/18/2013Bella Monte is my favorite local spot. It is an upscale casual atmosphere with an intriguing decor. The food is always excellent whether a standard or feature menu item. And, the live piano music adds to the ambience as Charlie's expertise provides wonderful renditions. It is a definite recommendation for an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three strikes and you're out.....GoodToGoVIPDined on 10/12/2013We have dined here a number of times and they always fall short of the mark. Tonight we had a reservation and arrived on time. There was no hostess at the desk so we stood waiting for more than five minutes. What a way to welcome guests! When seated our server was very apologetic about our wait. After reading the menu I had a question about an item. I checked with our server and she answered my question and was able to make a slight change to my choice. However, when my dinner arrived it was not what I ordered, but I ate it anyway. While she was very apologetic about the mistake and offered desserts, it did leave a bad taste in my mouth! Some things are just better left unsaid....
- Another great night with friends!Love2eatDined on 10/9/2013It was a great dinner with good friends! The food and ambiance was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchuvachiefVIPDined on 10/8/2013Had a business lunch at Bella Monte recently. Very good food. Nice menu. Would like to try it for dinner. Nice decor. Food items for about any craving. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant.LovvbDined on 10/7/2013One of favorites restaurants to eat at when we come to Virginia Beach!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night out well spent!Love2eatDined on 9/18/2013Great place with sumptuous dishes. There is live music on Wednesdays as well as an outstanding special! Great authentic experience with a fun store attached.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2013I go to Virginia Beach just to go to this restaurant. I run the Shamrock and the ROck n Roll and find this as the perfect pre-race place. I do wish it was open on Sundays so I could go the next day as well. I like the little store that is attached as well. interesting items.Special Features:
- Carb load before a raceBellDined on 8/31/2013We had a wonderful experience at Bella Monte! The food was amazing and the service was excellent. I visit this restaurant whenever I am in town and my favorite dish (fettucini alfredo) was no longer on the menu. They prepared it for me anyway! Our server was very helpful in making suggestions with the wine, dinner and dessert. We requested a table away from a window for a more cozy feeling and loved the ambiance. This is a wonderful restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealinfrequentFoodieDined on 8/16/2013Bella Monte has what looks like an amazing menu, but the true draw is the Specials menu. There are things on the regular menu I have yet to try because I have been lured away by the options on the specials. We love the selection of wine as well. The attached store has eclectic kitchen gadgets that you never knew you needed. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!jojoatthebeachDined on 8/9/2013I had been once before with a group of ladies. This time I brought my husband and had dinner with another couple. My husband ordered the dinner special, tuna and I ordered the Capellini d’ Pomodoro with the house Italian Sausage. I asked the waitress if I should get the sausage or the chicken. She suggested the house made sausage. My dish was wonderfully amazing! My husband loved it so much he ate half of mine as well as his! The night we dined, they had a pianist playing/singing/entertaining. They also have a lovely shop that I must come back to check out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always have a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/3/2013We always have a great meal at Belle Monte.....food is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PLEASANTIRENEDined on 8/2/2013AS SOON AS I WALKED IN, I WAS GREETED BY PLEASANT PEOPLE (RYAN BEING ONE OF THEM) AMONG OTHERS, AND WAS ASKED SEVERAL TIMES IF WANTED TO SEAT AT MY TABLE OR WAIT FOR THE OTHER PERSON BY WAITING AREA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bella MonteSusanDined on 7/24/2013Very cute place. Good atmosphere. Nice little store with Italian food and gift items attached. We went on a Wednesday night while they were holding a $35 two course dinner with a bottle of wine. The food was very good but the portions were extremely small. We were all still very hungry after dinner and ordered desserts.Special Features:
- Unfortunately no note hadOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2013Unfortunately no note had been made of our request for a window seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay restaurant. When ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/15/2013Okay restaurant. When our party of four got to the restaurant we were shown to a table where late day sunlight was streaming through and no way to get away from it. As there was a table across the way, out of the direct sunlight, I asked the hostess to seat us there. She informed me that this was "the usual table of regulars". I then said to her "did you really just say that"? She then said "go ahead, sit there". Our server was friendly, accomodating, and overall the food was good. My husband and I shared a Caprese salad and it was served split on two plates - nice touch. The tomatos, however, were not as good as mid-summer tomatos should be - and way too much chopped basil. More is not always better!Special Features:
- Always Nicely DonewaterguyVIPDined on 7/12/2013This is a restaurant that has good food combined with great service. You can tell that the owner cares not only about the patrons but about the staff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- One good - One badRonnDined on 7/11/2013Everything was fine except my wife's dinner. It was well below par and what Bella Monte should be serving to the point it was almost sent back. However, it was not eaten as the taste and warmth was not there, so she ate some of mine. Ths is however the first time we hav had this happen at Bella Monte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so happy..notsohappyDined on 7/8/2013The pizza was great the meals weren't sent 2 back reordered to take homeI ordered the egg plant not cooked enough hard and bitter,Sam had speg and meat sauce it was dry and had a sour taste it was a fun resturant loved the shop but came in to eat,we put both our meals in the trash.Very dissapointed.Special Features: