4648 West 147th
Midlothian, IL 60445Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: (708) 925-0239
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Bella Mia
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bella Mia - Best Restaurants in Midlothian ›
Bella Mia reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)special occasion (38)romantic (31)good for groups (26)fit for foodies (15)notable wine list (13)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Always grearJudyVIPDined on 11/22/2014This restaurant has become a favorite, we go here often and have never had a complaint. The staff is attentive and friendly, the food is great and the entertainment keeps us there long after our meal is finished. I would recommend Bella Mia to anyone but then it would make it hard to get a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grat eveningRandyVIPDined on 11/19/2014Great atmosphere, wonderful fool, and a staff that really takes care of your every need. We love the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a fantastic restaurant. Excellent serviceBirthdayDined on 11/14/2014Our server Nicolas was professional and polite. We will ask for him on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian GemChromefan74Dined on 11/12/2014Really enjoyed this nice little Italian restaraunt. Met a cousin here and it was well suited for catching up with an old friend. The food was excellent. They had a nice wine selection and the Chianti I had was excellent. Service was team based and good. The GM stopped by twice to make sure everything was going well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite!TravelbugDined on 11/11/2014As usual, our meal at Bella Mia was excellent. The mushroom soup is always delicious. We have a dining group and everyone loves this place.Special Features:
- It was a busy Saturday night.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2014We arrived at 6:45pm for a 7pm reservation. We didn't get seated till 7:45 pm. Dinner was delicious, but had to ask for check at 9:05pm, because we had to be somewhere at 9 pm. Finished up meals, couldn't have dessert, paid the bill and left at 9:15 pm. We may not have been as rushed if our 7 pm reservation meant 7 pm. When we walked in at 6:45pm we were told, "just a couple minutes". After watching numerous couples and groups walk in and be seated immediately, we asked again at 7:30 pm, and were told, "just a couple minutes". We were finally seated at 7:45 pm. At least the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD & PLACEPEACHES2Dined on 11/8/2014FIRST TIME THERE AND WERE VERY IMPRESSED AND WILL COME AGAIN WITH OTHER PEOPLE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveNoDrinksBobDined on 11/6/2014$9 for an average glass of wine is too much. Why does it have to cost $35 and up for one person for dinner?Special Features:
- DisappointedJuliaDined on 11/4/2014Food was okay, service was terrible. Server forgot about us, never brought our appetizer or refilled our beverages until we were almost done with our meal (which he didn't bring) and we had to ask for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average ItalianantifoodieDined on 11/4/2014Nothing special about the food. Red sauce on the thicker-pastier side. Nothing remarkable about the flavor profile. Nice place, might give it another chance, but too many other great options to recommend it.Special Features:
- Awesome dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Our visit to Bella Mia was amazing! Our reservations were taken easily and when we arrived, we were immediately taken to our seat. Our waitress was attentive and quite knowledgeable regarding the menu and nightly specials. My wife and I had a wonderfully dining experience. We would certainly return in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedDuggyDined on 11/1/2014Visit 11/1 was very disappointing. Server could not remember what we asked for, what anyone ordered; just seemed very flustered, over-busy & confused. Two of us ordered cosmo martinis that tasted like Kool-Aid; no liquor whatsoever and no fresh lime garnish as is customary. House sauvignon blanc was tasteless. Music set up next to doorway, right next to our table eliminating our conversation without shouting. Two of us had prime rib and it was quite good. My veal scallopini was average at best swimming in red sauce and mushrooms; hard to find the veal. We had suggested Bella Mia for our night with friends and were embarrassed mostly by the inept service and watery, sugary drinks. I doubt whether we or our friends will return.
- family gatheringsKmomDined on 10/26/2014We celebrated my Grandfather's 89th birthday. There were 5 adults and 1 child. We went on a Sunday for an early dinner and we were seated right away and service was attentive. Several of my family members are hard of hearing and the wait staff was very kind to accommodate. Everyone enjoyed their meal and the desert was great (huge slices of cake). Everyone had left over pasta they took home with them. We will be back!Special Features:
- Bella Mia - Not to be missed!hungreeDined on 10/18/2014Party of 4. Inside décor was extraordinary. Liken to a 5-Star+ hotel restaurant. Service: outstanding. Each ordered something different & it was all uncommonly good in taste & presentation, actually exceptional. Hot loaves of bread w/butter & a decanter of olive oil & bowl of freshly grated cheese. Hearty servings. Included side choices of soup or salad are not your ordinary tastings. Menu choices are wide. We forced ourselves to share a selections off the presented dessert tray... We left more than completely satisfied & planning our return. This fine-dining establishment is a real gem & larger than expected. The strip-mall location is in very sharp contrast to what you find inside. A real gem in every sense. Don't hesitate to try it.Special Features:
- KitchenClosedKitchenClosedVIPDined on 10/16/2014Our favorite south suburban restaurant. As always food was great and loved the entertainment - a good male singer. The service was a little spotty this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- baseball4Dined on 10/10/2014Great ambiance only complimented by the awesome service and amazing food. Enjoyed mouthwatering veal Marsala ... Best I have ever had! We will be back again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Hope Diamond of Italian DiningRarelyfindtime2dineDined on 10/10/2014Awesome food, seamless service with genuine smiles from every service providerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Half rightHalfrightDined on 10/8/2014Food was good but service was slow. Slow to getting introduced to waitress, slow to getting food, slow would be about right. Been there 3 times same experience would go back but only if I had couponSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to details was fantasticeatsRgoodDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I were celebrating an anniversary, and the owner, manager, and waitress all went out of their way to help us celebrate. Food was very good, and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMainoneDined on 9/27/2014Music too loud,had to shout to talk to people you were with. Disappointed food wise, too much red gravy and noodles were soggy.Special Features:
- Good Italian FoodDeniseDined on 9/27/2014When we have a taste for basic Italian food Bella Mia is our usual destination.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC!!!npj2Dined on 9/20/2014The service, meal, music and atmosphere was perfect. Special touches from the owner as he paraded around each table to greet his guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bella MiaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014The entire experience was Great. From the time we entered, until we left, we were treated very well. The service and food were excellent. The staff worked very well together.......It was our 1st visit, but we will return. We will also tell our family and friends..........Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerWayneboyDined on 9/13/2014First time visit. Thought that the food was excellent (our party had chicken marsala, chicken bella mia, eggplant parmesan, and raveoli). The wine list was more than adequate and the service was very good. Will definitely be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back.1vacationDined on 9/12/2014Excellent food. We tried the baked clam appetizer and it was very delicious. Had a great sauce to dip your bread in.Special Features:
- TheMelsDined on 9/12/2014This was my third time there. I liked it so much that I got 5 other family members to join me there for dinner. The food was great, the service was wonderful! Alona was exceptional as our server! Cute idea to write her name right on our table top! The ambiance was great! The prices were reasonable. We had a great family get together with alot of laughing and we will return soon! The best part was picking up the tab for 6 people without a well-loved relative (who always pays) knowing it and finding out that it didn't cost my whole week's paycheck! Kudos to the restaurant owner and the staff for making an exceptional evening for my family! I made online reservations for 5 (which I have never done before and it was quick and easy).Special Features:
- Not to be missed!SteveDined on 9/7/2014We have brought several friends here for dinner and none have been disappointed. The ambiance, food, and service have always met our expectations. It's one of few establishments where the owner visits each table to assure guests that their every need is met.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014Lovely restaurant but they could improve restrooms. Food was good for the three others I was with but my waitress did not describe the soups properly and I ordered linguine w/calamari and wanted to have clams instead, they left out the olives but did bring them after at my request, so WATCH it when you ask for substitutions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KitchenClosedKitchenClosedVIPDined on 8/30/2014Absolutely one of the best restaurants in the south suburbs. Best Italian food in the area and energetic waitstaff. Decorating is old style Italian - a bit dark and heavy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful restaurantMBR1Dined on 8/28/2014The restaurant is beautiful and the food is delicious our server was very attentive. Entertainment on Thursday evenings is a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemRichandMargieDined on 8/28/2014A surprisingly beautiful restaurant despite being in a strip mall. Love the ambiance . We have eaten here 4 times and have never been disappointed. The italian pork chops are juicy and delicious. There are a lot of good wine choices too. Service here is always outstanding. This time we went on a Thursday and there was entertainment. Seems like its a local hot spot now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurant with tood foodDeniseDined on 8/23/2014We always enjoy our meal at Bella Mia. It really is a hidden gem. It is in a shopping center which is not fully occupied. The place looks nice from the outside but is truly beautiful inside. The food is excellent at a reasonable price. It is normally crowded.Special Features:
- Wait StaffmssgdDined on 8/23/2014Our waitress was excellent except the service was slow. And I have experienced the slow service every time I have visited. We think that they do not have enough wait staff to cover the amount of tables. Otherwise we love Bella Mia, the food is fabulous, love the ambience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We were there on a Saturday night and the thumping music from the restaurant next door was annoying at first, but then we got used to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014I've been here a few times before and of some reason this time the waiters seemed rushed and moving quickly through the restaurant. It made me feel uneasy. Not sure if they were shorthanded. The waiter never introduced himself and once we got our food he got busy with other tables and took long time to check on usSpecial Features:
- DeliciousbeegeeDined on 8/9/2014The food is delicious. Unfortunately, they were so busy that we elt rushed and the dinner arived before the salads were even finished.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IwilltryagainDined on 8/8/2014Great restaurant for a group. The service could have been a little faster though. The food was excellant but a couple items were not available including the fish special for the evening and bake potatoes. Had a romantic tone with low noise level so we were able to talk. Outside seating was available but we decided to stay inside. The grilled calimari and italian sausage gumbo was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GJBGjb5639Dined on 8/8/2014My wife and I had dinner here on Friday August 8th. The food was very good. The service was good, with an appreciation that they could do better and were trying to achieve the same. Very pretty room. The guests were dressed more for a bar or fast food than a serious dining experience. The owner, Randy, was engaging an interested in how to make the dining experience better. We will be going back. It is a very good establishment. The south suburbs could use more Bella Mia's. GJB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MiaDVCDined on 8/2/2014our food was excellent, it is a great restaurant for a nice dinner out. The decor is fabulous, its definetly a hidden gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so goodGailDined on 8/1/2014Everyone concluded the food was very salty !!!! Portions of some of the entrees including chicken limone were small !!!!! Pricey for the area for what you get !!!! Service was slow 3 hours for dinner noticed other peoe looking around for their waitress to get their checks also !!!!Special Features: