A word from Bella Mia
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bella Mia - Best Restaurants in Midlothian ›
Bella Mia reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (49)special occasion (31)romantic (29)good for groups (24)fit for foodies (16)notable wine list (10)great for outdoor dining (9)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Bella Mia - Not to be missed!hungreeDined on 10/18/2014Party of 4. Inside décor was extraordinary. Liken to a 5-Star+ hotel restaurant. Service: outstanding. Each ordered something different & it was all uncommonly good in taste & presentation, actually exceptional. Hot loaves of bread w/butter & a decanter of olive oil & bowl of freshly grated cheese. Hearty servings. Included side choices of soup or salad are not your ordinary tastings. Menu choices are wide. We forced ourselves to share a selections off the presented dessert tray... We left more than completely satisfied & planning our return. This fine-dining establishment is a real gem & larger than expected. The strip-mall location is in very sharp contrast to what you find inside. A real gem in every sense. Don't hesitate to try it.Special Features:
- KitchenClosedKitchenClosedVIPDined on 10/16/2014Our favorite south suburban restaurant. As always food was great and loved the entertainment - a good male singer. The service was a little spotty this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- baseball4Dined on 10/10/2014Great ambiance only complimented by the awesome service and amazing food. Enjoyed mouthwatering veal Marsala ... Best I have ever had! We will be back again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Hope Diamond of Italian DiningRarelyfindtime2dineDined on 10/10/2014Awesome food, seamless service with genuine smiles from every service providerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Half rightHalfrightDined on 10/8/2014Food was good but service was slow. Slow to getting introduced to waitress, slow to getting food, slow would be about right. Been there 3 times same experience would go back but only if I had couponSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to details was fantasticeatsRgoodDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I were celebrating an anniversary, and the owner, manager, and waitress all went out of their way to help us celebrate. Food was very good, and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMainoneDined on 9/27/2014Music too loud,had to shout to talk to people you were with. Disappointed food wise, too much red gravy and noodles were soggy.Special Features:
- Good Italian FoodDeniseDined on 9/27/2014When we have a taste for basic Italian food Bella Mia is our usual destination.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC!!!npj2Dined on 9/20/2014The service, meal, music and atmosphere was perfect. Special touches from the owner as he paraded around each table to greet his guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bella MiaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014The entire experience was Great. From the time we entered, until we left, we were treated very well. The service and food were excellent. The staff worked very well together.......It was our 1st visit, but we will return. We will also tell our family and friends..........Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerWayneboyDined on 9/13/2014First time visit. Thought that the food was excellent (our party had chicken marsala, chicken bella mia, eggplant parmesan, and raveoli). The wine list was more than adequate and the service was very good. Will definitely be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back.1vacationDined on 9/12/2014Excellent food. We tried the baked clam appetizer and it was very delicious. Had a great sauce to dip your bread in.Special Features:
- TheMelsDined on 9/12/2014This was my third time there. I liked it so much that I got 5 other family members to join me there for dinner. The food was great, the service was wonderful! Alona was exceptional as our server! Cute idea to write her name right on our table top! The ambiance was great! The prices were reasonable. We had a great family get together with alot of laughing and we will return soon! The best part was picking up the tab for 6 people without a well-loved relative (who always pays) knowing it and finding out that it didn't cost my whole week's paycheck! Kudos to the restaurant owner and the staff for making an exceptional evening for my family! I made online reservations for 5 (which I have never done before and it was quick and easy).Special Features:
- Not to be missed!SteveDined on 9/7/2014We have brought several friends here for dinner and none have been disappointed. The ambiance, food, and service have always met our expectations. It's one of few establishments where the owner visits each table to assure guests that their every need is met.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014Lovely restaurant but they could improve restrooms. Food was good for the three others I was with but my waitress did not describe the soups properly and I ordered linguine w/calamari and wanted to have clams instead, they left out the olives but did bring them after at my request, so WATCH it when you ask for substitutions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KitchenClosedKitchenClosedVIPDined on 8/30/2014Absolutely one of the best restaurants in the south suburbs. Best Italian food in the area and energetic waitstaff. Decorating is old style Italian - a bit dark and heavy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful restaurantMBR1Dined on 8/28/2014The restaurant is beautiful and the food is delicious our server was very attentive. Entertainment on Thursday evenings is a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemRichandMargieDined on 8/28/2014A surprisingly beautiful restaurant despite being in a strip mall. Love the ambiance . We have eaten here 4 times and have never been disappointed. The italian pork chops are juicy and delicious. There are a lot of good wine choices too. Service here is always outstanding. This time we went on a Thursday and there was entertainment. Seems like its a local hot spot now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurant with tood foodDeniseDined on 8/23/2014We always enjoy our meal at Bella Mia. It really is a hidden gem. It is in a shopping center which is not fully occupied. The place looks nice from the outside but is truly beautiful inside. The food is excellent at a reasonable price. It is normally crowded.Special Features:
- Wait StaffmssgdDined on 8/23/2014Our waitress was excellent except the service was slow. And I have experienced the slow service every time I have visited. We think that they do not have enough wait staff to cover the amount of tables. Otherwise we love Bella Mia, the food is fabulous, love the ambience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We were there on a Saturday night and the thumping music from the restaurant next door was annoying at first, but then we got used to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014I've been here a few times before and of some reason this time the waiters seemed rushed and moving quickly through the restaurant. It made me feel uneasy. Not sure if they were shorthanded. The waiter never introduced himself and once we got our food he got busy with other tables and took long time to check on usSpecial Features:
- DeliciousbeegeeDined on 8/9/2014The food is delicious. Unfortunately, they were so busy that we elt rushed and the dinner arived before the salads were even finished.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IwilltryagainDined on 8/8/2014Great restaurant for a group. The service could have been a little faster though. The food was excellant but a couple items were not available including the fish special for the evening and bake potatoes. Had a romantic tone with low noise level so we were able to talk. Outside seating was available but we decided to stay inside. The grilled calimari and italian sausage gumbo was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GJBGjb5639Dined on 8/8/2014My wife and I had dinner here on Friday August 8th. The food was very good. The service was good, with an appreciation that they could do better and were trying to achieve the same. Very pretty room. The guests were dressed more for a bar or fast food than a serious dining experience. The owner, Randy, was engaging an interested in how to make the dining experience better. We will be going back. It is a very good establishment. The south suburbs could use more Bella Mia's. GJB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinningRandyVIPDined on 8/6/2014My mother had her 90th Birthday. She wanted her celebration at her (and our) favorite restaurant Bella Mia in Midlothian. As usual the food was fantastic. Everything was prepared to our liking. The staff took such excellnt care, it was like we were family. The owner came and spent time with us, making us feel very special. The beautiful decor, and ambiance really makes you feel like you've had a special evening in Italy. Thank you Bella Mia.Special Features:
- MiaDVCDined on 8/2/2014our food was excellent, it is a great restaurant for a nice dinner out. The decor is fabulous, its definetly a hidden gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so goodGailDined on 8/1/2014Everyone concluded the food was very salty !!!! Portions of some of the entrees including chicken limone were small !!!!! Pricey for the area for what you get !!!! Service was slow 3 hours for dinner noticed other peoe looking around for their waitress to get their checks also !!!!Special Features:
- Midlo. GemLoriJimWDined on 7/29/2014Such a pretty restaurant and delicious Italian food! Have never had a bad meal there! Very friendly staff and easy to find! Go there, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentJudyVIPDined on 7/26/2014We have been going to his restaurant since it opened and are treated like family. The food is excellent, service friendly, and the owner is always present to greet and accommodate your needs, he doesn't want you only as a customer but as a friend. Everyone we have ever taken here have become regulars.Special Features:
- Great findTFSLHDined on 7/26/2014July 26th First time here and what a wonderful suprise! Comfortable seating, delicious food, good portions, friendly service from everyone, attractive bar, and the individual who decorated certainly has excellent taste. And, the entertainment for the evening, the singer, not only had a beautiful voice, but was not too loud as to disturb conversation. Bella Mia, we will be back!! Tim and Sharon from ChicagoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentCcpknDined on 7/18/2014Nice little neighborhood restaurant with great service. Food is good, with a nice variety and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent hidden gemLove2eatDined on 7/18/2014Best mussels I've had since visiting Italy. Excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinningRandyVIPDined on 7/16/2014The staff always sees to our need and food are great!Special Features:
- Great Italian RestaurantPhilDined on 7/9/2014There is not to many good Italian restaurants on he south side but Bella Mia is a hidden gem. The food was awesome and the staff was great. I took my family there for my daughters 23rd birthday, I made the reservation on OpenTable and added the note of this being a birthday and when we arrived it was like everyone knew it was her birthday. A number of staff members wished her happy birthday. Great food, Great staff, not to pricy for what you receive. I had the Chicken Bella Mia and it was outstanding. Good taste and a good portion. I would truly recommend this restaurant, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinner for 15 people.Blusfan87Dined on 7/3/2014We hosted my in-laws 50th there. They seated all of us together at a long table in "the library", a semi private room that was very nice. Everyone had a great meal, and our server "Meg" was very attentive. Alissa, the hostess made an extra effort by bringing candles to enhance the cake table they provided for the special cake. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Personally, I appreciated the wine portions when ordering by the glass. Other restaurants will give you a micro sized portion for the same price and you feel guilty for even ordering. Bella Mia offers a great value on the other hand. Do not let the surrounding storefronts deter you from trying this gem. Once inside, you will feel like you walked into another world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 203 reviews are from the Bella Mia reviews archive.
- great placebka10Dined on 6/21/2014Bella Mia is a great restaurant. It's placed in a spot where I never even noticed it before and I drive past almost every day. Food was great. Staff was very friendly. I'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bella Mia outstanding diningdiningdudeDined on 6/21/2014Bella Mia is our favorite Italian/Steak/Seafood place. Everything on the menu is excellent. The Waitstaff is attentive and personable, I have the highest respect for them. Randy the owner approaches each table to make sure everything is perfect, other restaurant owners could learn from him. Bella Mia's defines ambience, elegant tastefully decorated. I almost declined to review, because I am fearful the place will become too popular.Special Features:
- RichandMargieRichandMargieDined on 6/20/2014This restaurant is decorated nicely The service is very attentive. The bus boys are very efficient without being intrusive. Food is prepared as ordered so be patient. Bread is nice and crusty we ordered the baked clams for an appetizer and while they tasted good and had a delicious sauce to dip the bread in they were quite small. We should have ordered 12 instead of 6. The Italian pork chops are juicy and delicious. You can never go wrong with them. I had a scallop special which I would not order again because it was too spicy for my taste.They were a decent size not those tiny ones and the pasta that they were served on had a sweet basil flavor. The owner always stops by to see if everything is alright and thanks us for coming in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatWaySharDined on 6/14/2014The food was excellent. Bella Mia could be downtown. Service was very good. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.